Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Ali-F

If You Had Cancer, What Would You Do?

Rate this topic

Salam wb

I am watching a documentary about people who are going to die etc. so, I came to a part where a man was told by the doctor that they could not help this problem, so he was actually going to die.

Well, this is a good question..

If the doctor told you that you had cancer, what would you do? Would you read a lots of duas? Would you visit the Kaaba, Ziyarah etc? Would you give give up and say "Let it be to Allah" ?

Would you fear that death is near? What would you do regarding salat, sawm and duas? Would you pray more and more?

Ws.

(salam) 

firstly I will never go to a quack and make it worse 

secondly I will treat it and cure it myself :Inshallah using the many cures and methods that I have access to .

thirdly , I would be grateful at the lesson that :Allah swt has provided me with and see this as a test from him to increase my patience and decrease my bad habits.

I would not let a small thing like this effect me from being with my :Imam (as).

ws

What do you mean "people who are going to die"? We're ALL going to die.

If I found out that I have cancer or I'm about to die then I would stock up on painkillers, write a will, keep repenting all the while, say good riddance (and may haps something even a tad profane) to all my problems and my good bye. If my insanity gets out of control after the knowledge, however, I am afraid that I am also liable to hurt a lemur before I leave, but I hope I won't.

What do you mean "people who are going to die"? We're ALL going to die.

If I found out that I have cancer or I'm about to die then I would stock up on painkillers, write a will, keep repenting all the while, say good riddance (and may haps something even a tad profane) to all my problems and my good bye. If my insanity gets out of control after the knowledge, however, I am afraid that I am also liable to hurt a lemur before I leave, but I hope I won't.

lool, what I mean is those who receive the message "you will die within a month"

Act normally i guess..

If i start praying and remembering god just because i am going to die soon..it wont make me a sincere believer.

The best thing to do is pray all the time and remember Allah all the time..not just when death approaches.

Yeah..i should really do this

Act normally i guess..

If i start praying and remembering god just because i am going to die soon..it wont make me a sincere believer.

The best thing to do is pray all the time and remember Allah all the time..not just when death approaches.

Yeah..i should really do this

I mean, what would you do for curing your cancer? I.e what you go to al-Kazim etc?

Salam.

I would dedicate a great portion of my left time for haqq al-nas (rights of people). I'm hopeful that through repentance, Allah will forgive those sins which are related to His right. Therefore, I would do my best to ask all those who know me to forgive all my mistakes, wrongdoings, etc.

I would meet the real Ali-F because that is one thing I must do before I die. To see if he really exists.

Lool

Probably be full of sorrow, regret, and anger. 

For what? Your sins?

Try to get martyred as fast as possible 

Is that not hypocrisy?

Hmm try to get martyred, nice idea. Why would it be hypocrisy? Please explain. 

Well

Let's say if a person gets X sickness, then he wants to do jihad "just" because he got the sickness

then why did he not do it, when he lived his live?

So, it is basically like "I am going to die, so why just die, let me just die as a martyr and recieve a reward - I am going to die, so yeah, it doesnt matter

First, I would set things up so that those who relied on me were taken care of (to the best of my ability). Wouldn't go as far as Walter in Breaking Bad though!!

And I would never give up hope and live fully till my last day.  I have a friend that works in cancer research and his team analyze case studies of treatments and histories of those who had terminal cancer and one day were found to be in total remission so that the medical research community can try and find an explanation.  These were people that had been advised to discontinue treatment and to put their life affairs in order to prepare for death.  

Not common, but common enough to have a substantial number of subjects for continuing research.

I would come to accept my fate and spend the remaining days with my family and friends.

Spend your days with your family friends? Lool, are you masoom!!? Dont you want to pray to Allah??

I experienced cancer twice. Not for myself but to my parents. One head tongue and neck cancer (he died) and the other had breast cancer (she lived).

This thread is insensitive and not realistic. No one knows exactly what they would do on the spot. They would be too busy crying.

I experienced cancer twice. Not for myself but to my parents. One head tongue and neck cancer (he died) and the other had breast cancer (she lived).

This thread is insensitive and not realistic. No one knows exactly what they would do on the spot. They would be too busy crying.

May Allah have mercy on your father.

How old was he?