Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Is 'free Betting' Halal?

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

Salaam,

I was wondering whether 'Free Betting' Is halaal. This is the case when betting companies give out free money e.g. £10 and let you bet on what you wish. In this case you never lose any of your own money. Is this permissible?

This was the question I sent to both the offices of Ayatollah Khamenei and Sistani but not replies yet.

Any one know the answer or could contact them for me.

Note: Also sorry if another one of these topics exists

• Advanced Member

I don't know about the permissibility of it but can shed a little more light into this promotion. They don't just give you £10, they give you extra free credit when you put a minimum deposit in, then in order to withdraw the money, you have to usually bet multiples of the amount, lets say making bets equivalent too £100 to be allowed to withdraw the bonus £10. Its just a clever scheme to get people into gambling.

• Advanced Member

Salaam,

I was wondering whether 'Free Betting' Is halaal. This is the case when betting companies give out free money e.g. £10 and let you bet on what you wish. In this case you never lose any of your own money. Is this permissible?

This was the question I sent to both the offices of Ayatollah Khamenei and Sistani but not replies yet.

Any one know the answer or could contact them for me.

Note: Also sorry if another one of these topics exists

Salaam, 

Your question is new to me, and I hope you get the specific answer to it. Yet I searched a bit and I think you may find your answer in this Q&A from Ayatollah Khamenei:

Q1114: Should a group of people take to playing with cards without contemplating betting or winning, for that matter, but only for passing time and amusement, would they be deemed guilty of committing a ḥarām act? And what is the ruling on those attending such gatherings but not taking part in the playing?

A: Playing with cards, which, according to the common view, is deemed among gambling instruments is absolutely ḥarām. It is not permissible to willingly join in the gatherings where gambling is taking place, or playing with its instruments.