Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
ShiaChat.com
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

**important Security Notice** Please See

Rate this topic

• Veteran Member

Make sure to change all of your passwords (to every website/email/account) to something completely different from before. Each site has to patch the security flaw until its safe to change your password, but what you can do is change it now, and then a few days later again.

(wasalam)

Edited by PureEthics
  • Veteran Member

But changing the passwords won’t do any good, these experts said, until the affected services install the software released Monday to fix the problem. 

Make sure to change all of your passwords (to every website/email/account) to something completely different from before. Each site has to patch the security flaw until its safe to change your password, but what you can do is change it now, and then a few days later again.

(wasalam)

• Moderators

I would change the password for your main email account ( I did that this morning) and bank account(s) and credit card accounts.

Most hackers who will exploit this vunerability in openSSL are not looking to see your facebook and twitter stuff

(or your ShiaChat posts and pms, lol) so I wouldn't worry about those. 

Edited by Abu Hadi
  • Veteran Member

I would change the password for your main email account ( I did that this morning) and bank account(s) and credit card accounts.

Most hackers who will exploit this vunerability in openSSL are not looking to see your facebook and twitter stuff

(or your ShiaChat posts and pms, lol) so I wouldn't worry about those. 

Brother, just to be safe cause some websites wont notify you if they patched their server for which it will be safe to change, I would change it again in a few days. Also for some people who do not understand security and have one password for all their accounts, getting the password to your shiachat account and using it for your emails/bank etc will be simple lool

• Moderators

Brother, just to be safe cause some websites wont notify you if they patched their server for which it will be safe to change, I would change it again in a few days. Also for some people who do not understand security and have one password for all their accounts, getting the password to your shiachat account and using it for your emails/bank etc will be simple lool

I agree. I have a friend who works in the IT Security field for a major U.S. company. He said (besides the fact that he hasn't slept in 48 hours) that you should wait until servers are patched and they notify you to change the password.