Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Is There Any Web For Adopting Shia Child?

Rate this topic

Why do you plan to adopt and snatch it away from the parents? You can adopt while they are living with their own parents.

http://www.nasimco.org

If you insist, try adopting someone who is fatherless and motherless. You will find many in Iraq and Pakistan.

There are rules though around adoption, so just be cognizant of these. For example you have to keep the name of the child's father. You can not give the kid your last name. Islam strictly prohibits this. Also if it's a baby boy, he will become a non-mahram for your blood daughter as he grows adult. If you adopt a baby girl, she will become non mahram for her adopted father and other brothers.

Too many issues that you will have to watch out for.

• 3 months later...
  • Advanced Member

Salam. Every baby is born on fitrah, which is the pure form of Islam. And you can adopt any baby, regardless of which religion their parents subscribed to. However, if you choose to help orphans of shia Muslims, then, please see this:

"My Orphans is a 501©(3) non-profit project of I.M.A.M. (Imam Mahdi Association of Marjaeya), established to assist orphans in war-torn and poverty-stricken nations. My Orphans currently supports oprhaned children in Lebanon, Iraq, and Afghanistan."

You can contact them on:  http://www.myorphans.us

May Allah bless you. ma salam

Edited by HamzaTR