Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Thinking While Prayers

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

Salam un Aliekum Readers,

I am glad to start a thread on a discourse regarding Namaz. We all try to prostrate infront of our God in Namaz but the question is:

• What to think while praying Namaz?

Some say to focus on wordings of the Namaz but my answer to them is quite natural. If I try to focus on wordings in every namaz then it will make namaz boring i.e same wordings in every Namaz.. but Namaz is a mairaaj of momin and has to be something that is to be making a person nearer to God.

Can anyone share some quotes regarding thinking while Namaz or Does anyone know that what Ayatollahs and Marajai thinks while praying Namaz.

Please share it in detail so that it could bring us nearer to God.

• Advanced Member

Salam un Aliekum Readers,

I am glad to start a thread on a discourse regarding Namaz. We all try to prostrate infront of our God in Namaz but the question is:

• What to think while praying Namaz?

Some say to focus on wordings of the Namaz but my answer to them is quite natural. If I try to focus on wordings in every namaz then it will make namaz boring i.e same wordings in every Namaz.. but Namaz is a mairaaj of momin and has to be something that is to be making a person nearer to God.

Can anyone share some quotes regarding thinking while Namaz or Does anyone know that what Ayatollahs and Marajai thinks while praying Namaz.

Please share it in detail so that it could bring us nearer to God.

salamun alaykum. I hope the following link would help.

http://www.al-islam.org/adab-as-salat-disciplines-of-prayer-second-revised-edition-imam-khomeini

It is a very precious book. You can choose the titles (on the left side) in which you are interested.

• Advanced Member

salamun alaykum. I hope the following link would help.

http://www.al-islam.org/adab-as-salat-disciplines-of-prayer-second-revised-edition-imam-khomeini

It is a very precious book. You can choose the titles (on the left side) in which you are interested.

Thanks very much brother! But seriously you made a large jump off me... I just want the exact thing, What to think.. I can't find the one I am looking for in your submitted url. Can you find me the one in the titles? It will be your pleasure bro! :)

i focus my heart on God, you need to build up your self up to this point by avoiding all sins and minimizing the strength of the nafs, also you do need to at least initially think about the "wording" until it is set forth in your heart and you can just direct your heart to God

it takes effort and practice, but the key in all of it is that you are sinless outside of prayer , if you can achieve that for at least two weeks your prayer will change into something else so that you wont even notice your movements nor words, you will be solemnly fixed on God through your heart while praying 

its what they call witnessing God with the heart 

Edited by herenow477
  • Advanced Member

i focus my heart on God, you need to build up your self up to this point by avoiding all sins and minimizing the strength of the nafs, also you do need to at least initially think about the "wording" until it is set forth in your heart and you can just direct your heart to God

it takes effort and practice, but the key in all of it is that you are sinless outside of prayer , if you can achieve that for at least two weeks your prayer will change into something else so that you wont even notice your movements nor words, you will be solemnly fixed on God through your heart while praying 

its what they call witnessing God with the heart 

Mashallah... Well said but if you get indulged with God then what were you thinking at that time?

Mashallah... Well said but if you get indulged with God then what were you thinking at that time?

personally i look at the light that is shinned at my heart and let it illuminate me, while saying the words to God, i dont think about the words but i understand their meaning when i say them 

its hard to explain

• Veteran Member

(Salam)

Al-Shaheed Al-Murtada Al-Mutahari once said, “If you’re focusing on the words and the meanings then when do you pray? Giving your full attention to Allah during prayers brings the presence of all the meanings of what you are saying during the prayer.”

Each prayer is a conversation between you and Allah (s.w.t), make sure you mean everything you say and your intention is pure. A pure intention for Salat is praying to Allah (s.w.t) because you know He (s.w.t) is worth praying for.

Imam Ali (a.s) said,"God i do not worship you because of my fear of hell because that's the worship of a slave, and i do not worship you because of my love of heaven because that's the worship of a business man, I worship you because you are worthy of worship."

• Advanced Member

(salam)

Al-Shaheed Al-Murtada Al-Mutahari once said, “If you’re focusing on the words and the meanings then when do you pray? Giving your full attention to Allah during prayers brings the presence of all the meanings of what you are saying during the prayer.”

Each prayer is a conversation between you and Allah (s.w.t), make sure you mean everything you say and your intention is pure. A pure intention for Salat is praying to Allah (s.w.t) because you know He (s.w.t) is worth praying for.

Imam Ali (a.s) said,"God i do not worship you because of my fear of hell because that's the worship of a slave, and i do not worship you because of my love of heaven because that's the worship of a business man, I worship you because you are worthy of worship."

Thanks very much... I understand the things and I know you cannot express it as well as me also. Its a spritiuality which is beyond its meanings.

personally i look at the light that is shinned at my heart and let it illuminate me, while saying the words to God, i dont think about the words but i understand their meaning when i say them 

its hard to explain

I got it brother. Its just, more you concentrate on the prayers, more you will be nearer to god automatically. I understood this. Its just discussions help us reach a result which is hidden in discussions.