Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Inquisitor

Poor Jokes [OFFICIAL THREAD]

Rate this topic

A joke inscribed on a recently found Roman era stylus in London:

“I have come from the city. I bring you a welcome gift with a sharp point that you may remember me. I ask, if fortune allowed, that I might be able to give as generously as the way is long and as my purse is empty,”

...Roman sense of humour was a bit, ahem, different, to ours. I think the person is poking fun at their own lack of wealth. It's a bit like someone buying their relative a 'my niece went to Nice and all she got me was this lousy t-shirt' t-shirt.

It was in Latin originally, so maybe doesn't translate as well. Any other guesses?

5 hours ago, aaaz1618 said:

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=6503781506311520&id=146505212039213

Only in Netanyahu's Israel, that's all I'm saying.

brother, not all of us are on Spybook

:keeporder:"REPORT:  Another social deviant on ShiaChat."

Edited by hasanhh

13 minutes ago, aaaz1618 said:

Haha, I only use it for pages. Does the link not work for you then?

No, it and most other video posts do not work for me.

Yarrabi, why wasn't l born a nerd or geek?

Edited by hasanhh

My family were going over Gujerati family names, with different people offering: Paniwala; Bandookhwala; Daruwala.

So I suggested Gujranwala.

:hahaha:

But this change of the conditions under which our influence must be used does not affect by one iota the truth that we shall enjoy no primacy in the Middle East, nor ultimately any standing in the eyes of its peoples, if we fail, with their immense material power and moral influence which we possess, to secure a steady improvement in opportunity and standards of life for both the fellahin and the partly-educated but struggling poor just above the peasant class. In some territories this leaven is already working. I felt its presence in Transjordan and Irak; and we have certainly done something (apart from the effects of Jewish development) for the people of Palestine.

CO 732/88, no Sa 2 Sept 1945 'British policy and organisation in the Middle East': memorandum by Lord Altrincham

British documents on the end of empire, Egypt and the defence of the Middle East. (1998) The Stationary Office, London.

https://sas-space.sas.ac.United Kingdom/6108/1/vB4_Egypt_Part_I.pdf

Some of you aren't playing by the rules, some of these jokes aren't even jokes, let alone funny. It's like people read the 'poor...' then didn't bother to read the rest of the thread title.

I'm telling.

Muuuuuuuuuuuum....

Edited by aaaz1618

Fortunately for LSE chief executive David Schwimmer, competition regulators are dinosaurs, just like human traders. 

https://www.ft.com/content/e52760ce-b488-11e9-bec9-fdcab53d6959

Several Demoncratic Presidential candidates have announced they will join NASA's space adventures.

Joe Biden, Pete Buttigrieg, Mike Gravel, Tom Steyer and Elizabet Warren will venture forth on the Loon Shot.

Now if that ain't a double entendre l do not what is. Loon as in orbital balloons and loon as in loony(crazy-wacko).

@LeftCoastMom  l didn't think your favorite, Mari and Willie's son, qualified.

The top 10 jokes from the Edinburgh Fringe Festival 2019

1. “I keep randomly shouting out ‘Broccoli’ and ‘Cauliflower’ – I think I might have Florets” – Olaf Falafel

2. “Someone stole my antidepressants. Whoever they are, I hope they’re happy” – Richard Stott

3. “What’s driving Brexit? From here it looks like it’s probably the Duke of Edinburgh” – Milton Jones

4. “A cowboy asked me if I could help him round up 18 cows. I said, ‘Yes, of course. That’s 20 cows” – Jake Lambert

5. ”A thesaurus is great. There’s no other word for it” – Ross Smith

6. “Sleep is my favourite thing in the world. It’s the reason I get up in the morning” – Ross Smith

https://www.independent.co.United Kingdom/arts-entertainment/comedy/news/edinburgh-festival-fringe-best-funniest-jokes-vegetable-pun-broccoli-2019-a9064436.html