Sign in to follow this  
Grief

Basim Karbalai

Rate this topic

Salamun alaykum

O my goodness! I cannot believe my eyes. I saw his clip and I thought that mentioning Imam Khamenei but now it is so great that he defends and supports Sayyed al-Qaid like this.

May God help us…

Thanks

Edited by followers

Salamun alaykum

O my goodness! I cannot believe my eyes. I saw his clip and I thought that mentioning Imam Khamenei but now it is so great that he defends and supports Sayyed al-Qaid like this.

May God help us…

Thanks

(Wasalam)

And so many people were so quick to slander him and cause fitna in the other thread. It's disappointing.

Edited by Grief

(wasalam)

And so many people were so quick to slander him and cause fitna in the other thread. It's disappointing.

I didn’t expresses any slanders against him but also I am not again believe quickly that he didn’t mean that while in that clip he imitated like Ayatullah Khamenei’ hand. I am not claiming but as possible view it could be said that after such clip and poem he may came to conclusion that it was a mistake.

Surely as a Muslim’s claim or confession I accept his statement and respect him and do not pass judgment about that.

Edited by followers

(bismillah)

(salam)

(wasalam)

Salamun alaykum. Any other link (except for youtube) or any site to download it from?

(wasalam)

And let's nut judge quickly now too.

I didn’t expresses any slanders against him but also I am not again believe quickly that he didn’t mean that while in that clip he imitated like Ayatullah Khamenei’ hand.

That imitation is not the only thing (and for me, it shows nothing). However, in another video, he recites a poem which has many thing to say and this video shows something for me ...

Some of our Shias are so quick to slander and judge its disgusting, and fall into the trap that the wahbis create to cause fitna amongst our scholars. Unfortunately, sayed kamal al haidri has also been a victim of this, and slandered by shias due to videos created by wahabis where it is so obvious those videos have been fabricated and played around with, making it sound like he as well is talking trash against Sayed Sistani and other scholars. here is the youtube video of the sayed himself explaining the fabrication of the videos: 

Shia on this site were quick to jump the gun and started insulting him without knowing the full details.

Yes, Bassem did have a controversial latmiyyah, and there were some Iraqis who were furious that Bassem was insulting Imam Khamenei (ha), and Bassem actually got attacked and you could see him holding his face while his bodyguards rush him out in this video:

I've heard two different stories of what happened afterwards:

1) Bassem al-Karbala'i apologised for insulting Imam al-Qaid.

2) Bassem al-Karbala'i denied that the latmiyyah was even about Imam al-Qa'id and said that it was actually against Sunni/Wahhabi who denounce what we do.

Arab reciters tend to include several different topics in there latmiyyah. You can't only get angry at Bassem for just being one of them. I've heard several reciters have lines about Nawasib, or the dhaalimeen (Saddam), or other lines where there is no mention of the Ahlul Bayt. Bassem also had a latmiyyah where the people of Anbar were insulted.

I was really disappointed when I read some of the comments of our fellow Shi'i in this topic: http://www.shiachat.com/forum/topic/235019682-is-basim-karbalai-attacking-ayatollah-yagobo-here/

You have to look at the bigger picture sometimes.

Actually we have to be patients and it is haram to pass judgment so quickly without evidence. What Ahlulbayt taught us is having good assumption about Muslims’ actions.

عن أبِي عَبد الله قال قال أميرالمؤمنين في كلام له: ضع أمر أخيك على أحسنه حتى يأتيك ما يغلبك منه‏ و لا تظنن بكلمة خرجت من أخيك سوءا و أنت تجد لها في الخير محملا

Imam Al-Sadiq (as) quotes from Imam Ali (as): attribute what relate to your (Muslim) brother to its best until you get what confirm that it is not so. And do not guess and mistrust about what a (Muslim) brother said in a bad (meaning) while there could be some good meaning possible.  (Kafi v2 p 362)

On the other hand we should be aware of the action’s effect. Yes, we could take some one’s action as good but the sequence of that action might be terrible so we must stop that. If Basim didn’t mean that and he say so we accept but we ask him why he didn’t tried to refute and denied that at the time. Now he confess he didn’t mean but he should do on those days when great marāje protested against disrespecting Imam Khamenei.  

Shia on this site were quick to jump the gun and started insulting him without knowing the full details.

Yes, Bassem did have a controversial latmiyyah, and there were some Iraqis who were furious that Bassem was insulting Imam Khamenei (ha), and Bassem actually got attacked and you could see him holding his face while his bodyguards rush him out in this video:

Actually that video is of him several years before being rushed somewhere to avoid the crowds of fans rushing towards him. It's sad that people are so ready to denounce a man who's been serving Imam Hussein(AS) for most of his life.

Edited by Abu Izrael

Actually that video is of him several years before being rushed somewhere to avoid the crowds of fans rushing towards him. It's sad that people are so ready to denounce a man who's been serving Imam Hussein(AS) for most of his life.

Oh really? I guess I heard wrong then.

But I disagree with some Iraqis that go to extreme levels for their love of Bassem al-Karbala'i. Look at this video of him returning to Masjid al-Kufa after 23 years of exile in Iran, there's a man at 1:38 that takes a handkerchief and wipes Karbala'i's face like he's some kind of shrine or the Ka'bah: 

This video is an emotional moment for everybody there.

Edited by Jaabir ibn Hayyan

Oh really? I guess I heard wrong then.

But I disagree with some Iraqis that go to extreme levels for their love of Bassem al-Karbala'i. Look at this video of him returning to Masjid al-Kufa after 23 years of exile in Iran, there's a man at 1:38 that takes a handkerchief and wipes Karbala'i's face like he's some kind of shrine or the Ka'bah: 

This video is an emotional moment for everybody there.

That's because they haven't had latom in 23 years, wouldn't you do the same if the world's most famous radood comes back home after a time when getting caught with one of his tapes could get you thrown in jail?