Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Tea

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

I am a two teacup a day, drinker too.  :)

Black during the day.  Green or herbal in the evening.

Favorite teas... Prince of Wales, Darjeeling, St. Dalfour's Earl grey, Lady grey, Orange Pekoe, Irish breakfast, english breakfast... I have many favorites.

Now I feel I would like to try Yorkshire.  :)

I also like teas with pomegranate.

Evening teas... Chamomille green is the hands down favorite when I feel I might be getting rundown, plain chamomille is my most common evening tea, Jasmine green, cranberry green are substitutes when I need a change of pace.  The greys are good in the evening too.

• Veteran Member

^ I just checked on the makers site for Yorkshire tea and they say its a blend of 30 different teas from Africa, India and Sri Lanka. Its the strongest tea ive had; it infuses quickly too.

Never tried pomegranate, but i expect that is nice. I dont tend to have fruit tea's, but i tried this selection from Twinings last year and the grapefruit and pineapple green tea was lovely with a little honey in it:

4605261446.jpg

• Advanced Member

^ I just checked on the makers site for Yorkshire tea and they say its a blend of 30 different teas from Africa, India and Sri Lanka. Its the strongest tea ive had; it infuses quickly too.

Never tried pomegranate, but i expect that is nice. I dont tend to have fruit tea's, but i tried this selection from Twinings last year and the grapefruit and pineapple green tea was lovely with a little honey in it:

4605261446.jpg

Ooh, I'm getting ready to place an order with Twinings.  I might give the pineapple & grapefruit a try.  Thanks. :)

You might like to try Twinings Pomegranate Delight.  I get my teas from Twinings.com.

• Veteran Member

Mood enhancing and medical teas:

Earl* Grey hot no milk no sugar. Clears the mind and makes me feel like a sage. No medicinal value otherwise.

Or,

Green tea from Peshawar (Peshawari Kahva) with cardamom and "sabz elaichi" (cba to find translation :(). Excellent for killing flu and colds. Add a tiny pinch of "haldi" powder for increasing medicinal power.

Black tea: Lipton yellow label tea 1 tsp per cup, add it in 20% volume water and cover it, when the water is black and aromatic, add 80% volume of milk. Add freshly ground cardamom. Prefer sugar cane extracted "gurh" or "shakkar" instead of sugar for thicker and tastier tea (but its bad for ppl with bad teeth). Cover again and when it rises with boil its ready. I can't start my day without a cup. :(

Edited by Darth Vader
  • Veteran Member

^

I like the pepperiness of Earl Grey. 'Haldi' is turmeric? i never thought to put that in tea. Iv read that people sometimes put black peppercorns and cumin. I think black pepper goes well with ginger. I often add cardamom also - it somehow seems cleansing.

• Advanced Member

Great thread! 

I love tea so much! 

The more I get into it the more I get addicted lol

I like loose tea coz it has more flavour and you can really appreciate tea.

I lately discovered Good&Proper tea, better than any tea bag in the world! amazing stuff, worth every penny.

3014-a2aa741ef62e448a965375d89e0b2169.jp

Other loose tea brand is Tea House Emporium. Delicious! 

but if I am on the go I take teapigs tea bags with me since they are the nicest ones in the market so far

don't like twining. It just doesn't compare to the other stuff lol 

I also like going to nice tea houses, they are great. Tea really is the one of life's pleasures! 

• Veteran Member

Great thread! 

I love tea so much! 

The more I get into it the more I get addicted lol

I like loose tea coz it has more flavour and you can really appreciate tea.

I lately discovered Good&Proper tea, better than any tea bag in the world! amazing stuff, worth every penny.

Other loose tea brand is Tea House Emporium. Delicious! 

but if I am on the go I take teapigs tea bags with me since they are the nicest ones in the market so far

don't like twining. It just doesn't compare to the other stuff lol 

I also like going to nice tea houses, they are great. Tea really is the one of life's pleasures! 

Aha we have a connoisseur :P what are youre favourite teas atm Wond?

• Advanced Member

Aha we have a connoisseur :P what are youre favourite teas atm Wond?

heheheh, for the morning I have darjeeling 2nd flush from good and proper 

During the day, it will be green tea

and for evening, white tea with peach or just mint :)

nom nom mashallah lol

• Veteran Member

Good news for Earl Grey drinkers - the burgamot in Earl Grey has been linked to the control of cholesterol according to this article i saw today: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2593086/Earl-Grey-brew-tackle-heart-disease-Scientists-bergamot-tea-effective-statins-controlling-cholesterol.html

I like drinking tea when studying or playing computer games. I put one cup milk, then tea bag in it and sugar. Sometimes I put honey instead of sugar.

=s A whole cup of milk? that doesnt sound so refreshing... doesnt it obscure the taste of the tea?

heheheh, for the morning I have darjeeling 2nd flush from good and proper 

During the day, it will be green tea

and for evening, white tea with peach or just mint :)

nom nom mashallah lol

Peach tea sounds delightful Wond.

• Advanced Member

=s A whole cup of milk? that doesnt sound so refreshing... doesnt it obscure the taste of the tea?

Maybe but its a different taste compared to if you only use water. However, I tried mixing milk with water and it did not taste too good. The first picture with the tea cup, that's the color I get when I make milk tea.

Edited by race
  • Veteran Member

Maybe but its a different taste compared to if you only use water. However, I tried mixing milk with water and it did not taste too good. The first picture with the tea cup, that's the color I get when I make milk tea.

O its quite strong then. I used to have it very milky but somehow i started to find it less appealing. I was ages trying and find an image that looks like the tea i make. The one i chose looks more milky than i like it but its the right kind of shade of brown.

• Veteran Member

NOW HEAR THIS!!

I want to write here that since a couple of days I am now trying to quit tea as my research has indicated that the chemical "caffeine" in tea and coffee and soft drinks can be anywhere from unnecessary to dangerous to our health.

Therefore I wish to retract my posts about the favor and likeness of teas containing caffeine, except green tea, which contains very tiny amounts of it.

Being your brother and well wisher I advise all people to be cautious when taking any caffeinated beverages and invite you to google this matter for your own health concern and that of your loved ones.

Sorry for the interruption.

AS YOU WERE!!

• Advanced Member

NOW HEAR THIS!!

I want to write here that since a couple of days I am now trying to quit tea as my research has indicated that the chemical "caffeine" in tea and coffee and soft drinks can be anywhere from unnecessary to dangerous to our health.

Therefore I wish to retract my posts about the favor and likeness of teas containing caffeine, except green tea, which contains very tiny amounts of it.

Being your brother and well wisher I advise all people to be cautious when taking any caffeinated beverages and invite you to google this matter for your own health concern and that of your loved ones.

Sorry for the interruption.

AS YOU WERE!!

hehehe - all things with balance. :)

I try to drink decaffinated when I can, but I also limit my black tea consumption to one cup a day, balanced with an herbal or green tea in the evening.  Two cups of tea per day... the rest of the time, water.  :)  [Oh, except for a morning glass of juice. :)]

Edited by CLynn
  • Veteran Member

I am a green tea fiend...for real.   :wub:   I drink everything from Japanese senchas to jasmine pearl tea and fruity greens, Pakistani spiced green tea (kahva), and matcha lattes.  I've recently gotten into Chinese oolongs and that's opened up a whole new tea world for me.  

Unfortunately, I don't share the same enthusiasm for black tea.  With or without milk, I just can't stomach it...  :sick:

Anybody ever have Rooibos?

Don't think I've ever had it by itself but I've enjoyed some herbal teas that had rooibos in them.  Cinnamon and peach seem to go nicely with rooibos.

• 1 month later...