Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Lordofgemini

Something I Find Very Disturbing.

Rate this topic

I was browsing through the sunni forum. I can across so many threads that shows nothing but hate against us shias.

They have also come to conclusion that shias are kafirs.

I sure do hope this extreme view doesn't become common.

It's natural for the bigger group to pick on the smaller group. Do your best to establish a common ground with them and if they don't care to hear it then just say, "Peace" and walk away.

It's natural for the bigger group to pick on the smaller group. Do your best to establish a common ground with them and if they don't care to hear it then just say, "Peace" and walk away.

Kind of like how Shiites pick on Ismailis, Bohras, Zaydis, Akhbaris, Waqifites, Ahmadis, Baha'is, etc? OP: How can you even show the slightest dislike of Sunni hatred towards your sect when the vast majority of your sect also hates all of the sects that are smaller than it?

Edited by Agora

Kind of like how Shiites pick on Ismailis, Bohras, Zaydis, Akhbaris, Waqifites, Ahmadis, etc? OP: How can you even show the slightest dislike of Sunni hatred towards your sect when the vast majority of your sect also hates all of the sects that are smaller than it?

Please show me any marja or credible known scholar who shows/spreads hatred against these sects. Waqifites? They are non existent XD

Please show me any marja or credible known scholar who shows/spreads hatred against these sects. Waqifites? They are non existent XD

I'm not speaking of the maraji. I'm speaking of the laity. Look around the forum.

Waqifites were recently revived and very much exist.

http://www.*******.org/

Please note that your insistence that Waqifites don't exist is a form of hatred. You are no better than those preachers that say there is no such thing as "Shia Islam" and that Shiites are apostates and deserve to be killed.

Edited by Agora

I'm not speaking of the maraji. I'm speaking of the laity. Look around the forum.

Waqifites were recently revived and very much exist.

http://www.*******.org/

Please note that your insistence that Waqifites don't exist is a form of hatred. You are no better than those preachers that say there is no such thing as "Shia Islam" and that Shiites are apostates and deserve to be killed.

Literally though, they dont exist. How can saying something doesnt exist equate to hatred, makes no sense. There is a difference between spreading clear lies and telling the truth. You cannot be a sect with one or two people 0_0 ..They have no books or scholars, nothing. Sure there maybe people who have adapted waqifi fundamentals but thats just that. They havent been a sect for 2000 + years, talk about God's guidance loool.

Edited by PureEthics

Exactly as per 'Muslims' we aren't supposed to hate. But be kind to everyone.

Here sunni sochalars are giving fatwas that shia are kafirs. While if I remember correctly our marjas say treat Sunnis like your brothers.

Exactly as per 'Muslims' we aren't supposed to hate. But be kind to everyone.

Here sunni sochalars are giving fatwas that shia are kafirs. While if I remember correctly our marjas say treat Sunnis like your brothers.

Ayatollah Sistani says they are more than just brothers, but like ourselves.

Edited by PureEthics

Whether they hate or dislike us is up to them and not us, as we cannot force them to like us in the first place.

At the end of the day, we are on truth by following the path of the Ahlulbayt(as) and they are on falsehood and them doing takfir on us should not affect an atom's weight of our Iman.

The only issue that needs to be recognized is sectarianism which leads to violence and bloodshed. Both sides must acknowledge the apparent and conflicting differences that exist on each side, and both must agree to disagree and try to coexist together peaceful, just as we can with Atheists, Christians, Jews and Hindus in the west.

As for religious affairs, although they are Muslims in this life, they are however, not Mumineen. In other words, they are our brothers in humanity, but not in faith.

Salam,

I agree. On a couple of occasions I was lead into sunni forums and it is sad to see the way some people think.

A while ago I stumbled onto this:

http://www.sunniforum.com/forum/showthread.php?25478-ShiaChat-members-boasting-about-how-sunniforum-is-scared

And then I found this under the title of "

110 WAVES UPON WAVES OF DARKNESS IN SHIA LITERATURE"

http://www.sunniforum.com/forum/showthread.php?44063-A-Must-Read!-110-SHIA-POINTS

I do not mean to promote fitna but I think it is important to see the difference in approach (in general).

I was browsing through the sunni forum. I can across so many threads that shows nothing but hate against us shias.

Too late. It is already common. I have come across this belief time and time again in different areas. The wahabis and salafis spread this view whenever they get a chance and I do not see them stopping any time soon.

Literally though, they dont exist. How can saying something doesnt exist equate to hatred, makes no sense. There is a difference between spreading clear lies and telling the truth. You cannot be a sect with one or two people 0_0 ..They have no books or scholars, nothing. Sure there maybe people who have adapted waqifi fundamentals but thats just that. They havent been a sect for 2000 + years, talk about God's guidance loool.

2,000 + years ? That's a bit of an exaggeration don't you think ? I mean Muhammad (saws) only lived 1,400 years ago (roughly) and the Waqifi  believe in 7 Imams  after him so .........

Anyway I DO get your point about them being tiny in  number. How many people do you think they have to have though in order to "exist" ?

Kind of like how Shiites pick on Ismailis, Bohras, Zaydis, Akhbaris, Waqifites, Ahmadis, Baha'is, etc? OP: How can you even show the slightest dislike of Sunni hatred towards your sect when the vast majority of your sect also hates all of the sects that are smaller than it?

I know I have DEFINITELY been treated badly by SOME 12ers though I most certainly cannot say all. Many tell me I am not a Shia because I do not accept their 12 man Imamate.

BUT what they DO NOT do (at least not since the Safavids) is call me a kafir or get violent with me like the wahabis would. Also some  of those groups you named are outside of Islam. Anyway I get your point

I know I have DEFINITELY been treated badly by SOME 12ers though I most certainly cannot say all. Many tell me I am not a Shia because I do not accept their 12 man Imamate.

BUT what they DO NOT do (at least not since the Safavids) is call me a kafir or get violent with me like the wahabis would. Also some of those groups you named are outside of Islam. Anyway I get your point

Are you a Zaydi? (Side question: any resources for learning your sect? I know next to nothing about the Zaydis.) Anyways, I didn't mean to say that all Shiite twelvers are hateful towards smaller sects. But it seems that most are (with this website being my only exposure to Shiite Muslims).

And, as far as I know, even Sunnis wouldn't act that way towards you. Don't they like Zaydis since you aren't into the whole Lanat thing?

Islam is not a religion. Between Jesus and Mohammed, it did not exist. Therefore it can't be revived (by Mohammed) ever and it isn't a religion. It does not exist.

See where this logic can go? If you're basing it off of numbers, how many people must adhere to it for it to "exist"? I guess after the death of Mohammed, Shi'ism didn't exist for a while because the followers were so small.

As for the Waqifites, I don't know much about them. But they certainly have "books". Click that link I posted earlier. Look at their books. As for scholars, I imagine that the person that founded it could be considered a scholar. Or, in your mind, is a scholar only somebody that studied in Iran and wears a big turban? If so, you're missing the point.

Islam is not a religion. Between Jesus and Mohammed, it did not exist. Therefore it can't be revived (by Mohammed) ever and it isn't a religion. It does not exist.

See where this logic can go? If you're basing it off of numbers, how many people must adhere to it for it to "exist"? I guess after the death of Mohammed, Shi'ism didn't exist for a while because the followers were so small.

As for the Waqifites, I don't know much about them. But they certainly have "books". Click that link I posted earlier. Look at their books. As for scholars, I imagine that the person that founded it could be considered a scholar. Or, in your mind, is a scholar only somebody that studied in Iran and wears a big turban? If so, you're missing the point.

Huh? Between Jesus A.S and Muhammad A.S it didnt exist? Really? How so? I dont know what you believe but according to the quran, God ALWAYS has a representative on earth at ALL times. There was and has been followers of Islam since Adam A.S. Although, it wasnt called islam then.

I was basing off the non-existence point of the sect to the number of people now, meaning, how could it be a sect if Allah seized His guidance for such a long span? God just didnt care for "His religion" (if it were the truth) or anyone until all of a sudden a dude comes out and revives its theology. Not to mention, there was not a single waqifi scholar all this time since the moment the sect died out. Did you know, he used imami books to find hadiths from waqifi narrators?

Am shia and have to say I havent come across anyone that picks on the sectors you mentioned. The only sector I pick on is wahhbies and salifies that hate shia. Plus their are sunnies that dislike wahhbies/salafies..

I Believe it's a direct result of the relative decline of the status and function of al Azhar as the supreme authority of sunni islam combined with the rise of any islamic school operating in Saudi Arabia.

Many say that sunni islam has grown more and more strict, conervative and "iconoclastic" for the last centur, ever since the time of the founding of Saudi Arabia. Even though many of the Saudi arabian seminaries  dont teach straight takfiri ideology, their form of sunnism is often times so consvervative that it doesnt take much to cross over into the kind of sunnism of the takfiris. Pakistan is a very good example of just how much the Saudi Arabian theology can affect a country.

Pakistan is a country that was formed by a ithna ashari muslim for the descendants of many indian shi'ites and sunnis and irfan and sufism was Always very strong there. Today it has become dangerous for native pakistanis who are ithna ashari's to disclose that they're shia and even dangerous to have a shi'ite sounding name. The internal instability of Pakistan is a direct result of them co-operaint with Saudi Arabia against Afghanistan during the 90's and the influence of Saudi theology on pakistani madrasas..

It'll probably take Another 100 years for the sunni Community to "Clean up" their philosophy after Saudi Arabia. The saddest part is that the islamic World will never be able to be a World Power or compete against China etc. in the future if they arent able to tolerate eachothers differences first to cooperate towards common goals

Are you a Zaydi? (Side question: any resources for learning your sect? I know next to nothing about the Zaydis.) Anyways, I didn't mean to say that all Shiite twelvers are hateful towards smaller sects. But it seems that most are (with this website being my only exposure to Shiite Muslims).

And, as far as I know, even Sunnis wouldn't act that way towards you. Don't they like Zaydis since you aren't into the whole Lanat thing?

YES I am a Zaydi. salvationark.com is a decent place to learn about us.

As far as the Sunnis, a lot of them do not know the difference between Zaydis and 12ers and Ismailis etc. so they tend to lump us all together in a bunch. Or, because the biggest group currently is the 12ers they tend to assume that once you say you are Shia you are a 12er. That is not all Sunnis of course but that has been my general experience.

As far as the Sunnis who DO know our beliefs , such as those in Yemen, there does not seem to be much tension. I have seen zaydis and Sunnis perform salat together. I wish ALL Muslims would perform salat together regardless of madhab. The current hostility is not helping the Ummah nor is it benefitting the cause of the Ahl al Bayt

That's not true, I myself nor am I acquainted with any 12er shia who has shown hatred towards the other sects. In addition; I'm certain none of the prominent scholars/marjas of today spread hatred towards the other sects...

Huh? Between Jesus A.S and Muhammad A.S it didnt exist? Really? How so? I dont know what you believe but according to the quran, God ALWAYS has a representative on earth at ALL times. There was and has been followers of Islam since Adam A.S. Although, it wasnt called islam then.

Really, now? Any sort of evidence to back up such a claim?

I was basing off the non-existence point of the sect to the number of people now, meaning, how could it be a sect if Allah seized His guidance for such a long span? God just didnt care for "His religion" (if it were the truth) or anyone until all of a sudden a dude comes out and revives its theology. Not to mention, there was not a single waqifi scholar all this time since the moment the sect died out.

So if you disagree with something, it doesn't exist? :S I disagree with you. You don't exist.

Did you know, he used imami books to find hadiths from waqifi narrators?

Waqifites are Imamis. Imami is another word for Shiite that believes in Imams. Zaydis are Imamis, Ismailis are Imamis, etc. I think you meant to say that he used Qati/Twelverist books. So what? Last I checked, those "books" aren't copyrighted and anybody can use them for anything.

Am shia and have to say I havent come across anyone that picks on the sectors you mentioned. The only sector I pick on is wahhbies and salifies that hate shia. Plus their are sunnies that dislike wahhbies/salafies..

I'm glad you don't pick on the smaller sects. But I have seen many posts on this website insulting other (smaller) sects and their leaders. Particularly, Ghulam Ahmad Qadiyani (and Ahmadis) and Aga Khan (Ismailis) are popular targets. So is Waqifites. "PureEthics" is insulting them and their founder right in this thread. He is a 12er Shiite, isn't he?

That's not true, I myself nor am I acquainted with any 12er shia who has shown hatred towards the other sects. In addition; I'm certain none of the prominent scholars/marjas of today spread hatred towards the other sects...

See my above response to "kim.tinkerbell"

Also, Ali Khamenei supports the persecution of Baha'is in his Iran. So, yes, 12er marjas do support hatred towards smaller sects and off-shoot religions.

YES I am a Zaydi. salvationark.com is a decent place to learn about us.

Awesome, and thanks.

As far as the Sunnis, a lot of them do not know the difference between Zaydis and 12ers and Ismailis etc. so they tend to lump us all together in a bunch. Or, because the biggest group currently is the 12ers they tend to assume that once you say you are Shia you are a 12er. That is not all Sunnis of course but that has been my general experience.

I can see how that would be a problem. Ignorance ruins a lot of things, unfortunately.

As far as the Sunnis who DO know our beliefs , such as those in Yemen, there does not seem to be much tension. I have seen zaydis and Sunnis perform salat together. I wish ALL Muslims would perform salat together regardless of madhab. The current hostility is not helping the Ummah nor is it benefitting the cause of the Ahl al Bayt

I couldn't agree more :) Human unity is a goal worth striving for in my opinion.

or wait for bashar al assad to clean them away :)

Sad thing is that you are probably not aware of the repercussions of saying things like this.  And then people wonder why Shias are being labelled kafir

Agora,

You say that you have seen 12er members attack the smaller sects. Now, would you say that a majority or a minority of the 12er shia on this site attack smaller sects?

Edited by kbsquare

(bismillah)

(salam)

I have to agree with what kbsquare said. Look, you have to treat them with the same respect you yourself would want to be treated with. Rather than always looking at what divides you, you have to agree and build mutual relations based on the things which unite the both of you.

There are many Sunni brothers who from the outside may seem a bit off, but once you strike a conversation with them based on mutual respect, you get to know them alot better. Many times, the more you develop brotherly relations with them and interact based on common ground, you'll see that humble, nice, kind, and respectful side to them.

As Imam Ali(AS) would say:  "Be like the flower that gives its fragrance to even the hand that crushes it"

(wasalam) 

Agora

Two wrongs doesn't make a thing right. You keep insisting that we show hatred towards other sects. Although I have never come across such an idea or lived by it. Because Islam teaches us peace, love and humanity. Even if some people does show hatred towards other sect because we are a 'kafir' sect :/ (it really saddens me) doesn't mean that its a right thing to do as Muslims. And yet Sunnis hate or call others kafir openly. That's just sad.

Is this what the prophet taught us. To start calling each other kafir. Giving fatwas on the belief of people and creating fitna. Even though we pray to the same One God. Believe in the same prophet (s) and the same Quran. :/

Beautifully said Fisherking.

I wish ALL Muslims would perform salat together regardless of madhab. The current hostility is not helping the Ummah nor is it benefitting the cause of the Ahl al Bayt

Hear, Hear.

(salam)

Not all are like that but recently the problem is growing. On the positive side, more Muslims are coming towards Shi'ism as well. :)

Salam,

I agree. On a couple of occasions I was lead into sunni forums and it is sad to see the way some people think.

http://www.sunniforum.com/forum/showthread.php?25478-ShiaChat-members-boasting-about-how-sunniforum-is-scared

http://www.sunniforum.com/forum/showthread.php?44063-A-Must-Read!-110-SHIA-POINTS

I do not mean to promote fitna but I think it is important to see the difference in approach (in general).

There are some important points about this Shia-Sunni conflict:

1. This conflict has a theological root and without a careful study of that root and its relevant theological issues and responding accordingly, no one can solve this grave conflict but temporally.

2. Within Shia school of thought, Akhbaris had the most extreme approaches towards their opponents by regarding them as Kafirs and apostates. However, their hatred rarely crossed theological debates and none of Akhbari scholars approved harming Sunni brothers and sisters in any way. After revival of Usouli approach in recent decades, we are witnessing a very moderate approach towards other Shia branches and also Sunni school of thought. None of them are being regarded today as Kafirs and they are our true brothers and sisters in faith.

3. Within Sunni school of thought, the most extreme approaches belong to followers of Sheik Ibn Taymiyyah. It is interesting to know that Wahhabis are trying to conceal the fact that Sheikh Ibn Taymiyyah not only regards Shia Muslims as Kafir but also the majority of Sunnis like Ash'arites, Maturidites, Jahmites, Batinites, etc.! As for the result, only Hanbalites who are followers of Ibn Taymiyyah and Muhammad ibn ʿAbd al-Wahhab are true Muslims according to Wahhabis! According to this extreme approach Shiites are Kafirs, worse than Jews and Christians. However, it is not what moderate Sunni scholars believe.

4. A mixture of above extreme Salafi view of Ibn Taymiyyah and the practical Sunni Jihadi movement of new Salafism in Egypt led finally to the appearance of extreme Salafi-Jihadi groups during wars of Kuwait, Afghanistan, and Iraq. For these extremists killing a Shiite is killing an enemy of Allah which leads you to paradise! Unfortunately, this irrational and violent approach is being ascribed by Salafi extremist scholars to our prophet. For an example, they narrate from him while regarding us as Rawafidh:

عَنْ عَلِيٍّ رَضِيَ اللَّهُ عَنْهُ  قَالَ: قَالَ لِيَ النَّبِيُّ صَلَّى اللهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ: «يَا عَلِيُّ أَنْتَ وَشِيعَتُكَ فِي الْجَنَّةِ وَإِنَّ قَوْمًا لَهُمْ نَبْزٌ يُقَالُ لَهُ الرَّافِضَةُ إِنْ أَدْرَكْتَهُمْ فَاقْتُلْهُمْ فَإِنَّهُمْ مُشْرِكُونَ» قَالَ عَلِيٌّ رَضِيَ اللَّهُ عَنْهُ: يَنْتَحِلُونَ حُبَّنَا أَهْلَ الْبَيْتِ وَلَيْسُوا كَذَلِكَ وَآيَةُ ذَلِكَ أَنَّهُمْ يَشْتُمُونَ أَبَا بَكْرٍ وَعُمَرَ رَضِيَ اللَّهُ عَنْهُمَا

(As being explained by moderate Sunni scholars like Albani, this is a fake narration)

Having the above points in mind, one can realize a Salafi's justification for hating his/her Shia brothers and sisters. Therefore, the only way to confront this dangerous misinterpretation of Islam would be challenging and proving falsification of its extreme theological root. In this regard, the main priority goes to studying and complete examination of relevant fake narrations and also Sheikh Ibn Taymiyyah's works and thoughts as the real foundation of Wehhabism and extreme Salafism.

Finally, we have to inform our moderate Sunni brothers and sisters of the real image of extreme Salafism and at the same time, prevent ignorant people from insulting Sunni caliphs which is being used by Wahhabis as an excuse for their irrational approach and shedding bloods of Muslims.

Salam,

I agree with this and I think it's more important not to over look then to find an answer and if your satisfied then you find out on the day of judgement that if you was right ....

I want to learn so much more anyone willing to show me more important knowledge

I'm sure sectarianism in Islam (sunni/shia) and sectarianism in shia (zaydi/isma'ili/wagifi/akhbari...) These sectarianisms are in the best interest of Zionists and imperialists.

And I won't be surprised to know they support and encourage such sectarianism by any direct and indirect means they have.

And about our wagifi brothers!

Great! In this chaos of sectarian hate, we only needed them to re-exist!

Don't you get suspicious?

Edited by mesbah

Sad thing is that you are probably not aware of the repercussions of saying things like this.  And then people wonder why Shias are being labelled kafir

I dont see anything wrong with bashar assad cleaning out terrorist minded sunnis who think shia are kafirs and deserve to die. less car bombs in shia mosques, thats all.

A sect can be made up of a group of one. We are told to follow the truth even if we find ourselves in a group of one (not saying Waqifi doctrine is the truth, I'm highlighting a point). Just because you obviously don't agree with it, don't let your prejudices lead you to an irrational and rather false conclusion. 

The damage is already done. I remember when I was in a Wahhabi/Salafi dominated school, one of my classmates asked the teacher if all Shias go to hell. The teacher (knowing I was Shia) replied something along the lines of this: "Yes. Shias are the worst kind of people, even worse than Kaffirs," and then she went on and on completely bashing and hating on Shias to these second graders who were only like seven years old at the time. 

They don't even try to hide their unjustified hate for Shias from these young children, whose minds are so much more susceptible to seeing and believing anything they're exposed to. 

Edited by hersheyskisses

A sect can be made up of a group of one. We are told to follow the truth even if we find ourselves in a group of one (not saying Waqifi doctrine is the truth, I'm highlighting a point). Just because you obviously don't agree with it, don't let your prejudices lead you to an irrational and rather false conclusion.

That's not the point I was making brother. Guidance got cut off completely. What is irrational is a God who forgets about His religion. A God whom allows His religion to die out for years and years. Even during Imam Ali a.s time, there was not much followers but the fact is, it didn't stay like that forever. I am not saying the number of followers equate to truth or not, I was talking about guidance in regards to their number of followers being none to one.

You guys just have seen it , i have been called "kafir" by sunnis. While i just arrived they asked me about me and then asked about my religion i said i am shia and they said "kafir, kafir" and in many places shia made karbala happened now they are cursed to cry and beat . I tried to talk once but it was no use , in the end its just the same... Its pretty rash hear someone saying kafir for no reason ....