Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
bosnian

Alawite And Druze Believe Reincarnation`?

Rate this topic

Hello

I am a sunni muslim and i basically always thought all muslims deny reincarnation,so i just found out the shia sects of druze and alawite believe you are reborn after death..basically they hold a hindu belief on afterlife

any alawites or druze here? how do they explain this,is this really what they believe?

Somewhat.

Alawites are hard to classify. They are more an ethnic group than a religion and they hold many varieties of beliefs.

Druze do believe in reincarnation (afaik). They derive from the Nizari Ismaili Tariqah and many Nizari Ismailis also believe in reincarnation (but not all).

http://www.ismaili.net/html/modules.php?op=modload&name=phpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=7090

It's not really a hindu belief.. Most religions before and after the Abrahamic Faiths Believe in some kind of re-incarnation of sorts.

I Think that Bashar al Assad had converted to sunnism when he married his sunni wife?

It's not really a hindu belief.. Most religions before and after the Abrahamic Faiths Believe in some kind of re-incarnation of sorts.

I Think that Bashar al Assad had converted to sunnism when he married his sunni wife?

Not really,ancient hindus did not believe in reincarnation it is a later belief.And even today most societies that are buddhist and hindu have kept folk beliefs that talk about life after death(not reincarnation)..for example,japanese people are buddhist...budhism teaches we reincarnate and there is no "self" .Anyway ,japanase are still the people that are so into life after death they started worshiping souls of their ancestors,and also all their holidays are more or less to remember the /feed/celebrate the souls of the dead people.Just an example that proves the abrahamic view on life after death is older than reincarnation

Edited by bosnian

Hello

I am a sunni muslim and i basically always thought all muslims deny reincarnation,so i just found out the shia sects of druze and alawite believe you are reborn after death..basically they hold a hindu belief on afterlife

any alawites or druze here? how do they explain this,is this really what they believe?

Nothing is black and white in religion. Many shias believe in reincarnation, alevis alawites,bektashis,ismailis and others. Also Abrahamic faiths like jews also believe in reincarnation. Judaism believes you are reincarnated 3 times befor heaven hell etc. Alawites believe they are reicarnated 7 times before bieng born into a star in the universe. 

Nothing is black and white in religion. Many shias believe in reincarnation, alevis alawites,bektashis,ismailis and others. Also Abrahamic faiths like jews also believe in reincarnation. Judaism believes you are reincarnated 3 times befor heaven hell etc. Alawites believe they are reicarnated 7 times before bieng born into a star in the universe. 

bektashis do not believe in reincarnation dont make up stuff,neither do alevis

bektashis are sunni people,sunn sufis

Neither does judaism ,in fact my friend is jewish and her beliefs on afterlife are closest to mine..but i wont convert to judaism lol

Edited by bosnian

bektashis do not believe in reincarnation dont make up stuff,neither do alevis

bektashis are sunni people,sunn sufis

Neither does judaism ,in fact my friend is jewish and her beliefs on afterlife are closest to mine..but i wont convert to judaism lol

You need to do more research jews believe in reincarnation my friend. They do believe in afterlife like muslims but they are 1st reincarnated 3 times. I know this for a fact 100%. also Bektashis are shia 12vers not sunnis. you sound like a very ignorant person.

You need to do more research jews believe in reincarnation my friend. They do believe in afterlife like muslims but they are 1st reincarnated 3 times. I know this for a fact 100%. also Bektashis are shia 12vers not sunnis. you sound like a very ignorant person.

I come from Balkan ,which is center for bektashism,they next to Ali always mention abu Bakr.so how can they be shia then'????

every bektashi tekke has portrait of Ali ,ebu Bekr,Uthman, etc

Aisha is called "mother of believers"

is that shia?

also re-read about Judaism,its easy my friend,just google it

Reincarnation.

You mean life after death, but before Qiyamah, or you mean something else?

I mean you die ,and your soul comes into an other baby that is born the minute you die, and you live another life again,all over again every time you die

I come from Balkan ,which is center for bektashism,they next to Ali always mention abu Bakr.so how can they be shia then'????

every bektashi tekke has portrait of Ali ,ebu Bekr,Uthman, etc

Aisha is called "mother of believers"

is that shia?

also re-read about Judaism,its easy my friend,just google it

My friend i wont waste my time with ignorants but i was married to a jewish girl for 2 years and and her uncle was a rabbi and i spent years discussing this subject . Reincarnation to a jew is common belief .trust me i was shocked like you at first but every jew believes in it. Bektashis are shia sufi not sunnis for gods sake. 

Edited by ImamAliwabas

My friend i wont waste my time with ignorants but i was married to a jewish girl for 2 years and and her uncle was a rabbi and i spent years  this subject . Reincarnation to a jew is common belief .trust me i was shocked like you at first but every jew believes in it. 

I do not believe you,so that is fine with me.stop destroying my topic now

wow, it's true, I had never even heard this being rumoured before, you really do learn something new every day!

http://www.chabad.org/kabbalah/article_cdo/aid/380599/jewish/Judaism-and-Reincarnation.htm

Yes, many `Alawis believe in reincarnation. However, as a previous poster has mentioned, most `Alawis are not really practicing.

That doesnt mean they dont believe,most sunnis are not practicing but still they believe  accoridng to sunni tradition if you ask them about their faith

So does your AVERAGE alawite believe reincarnation? does Bashar Assad believe he has had past lives :D lol(i bet he was Hitler in that case lol)

Average Alawite? No. Average religious Alawite? Yes. Bashar al-Asad? No, he is a Sunni (Alawite only by birth, not in belief).

japanese people are buddhist...budhism teaches we reincarnate and there is no "self" .Anyway ,japanase are still the people that are so into life after death they started worshiping souls of their ancestors,and also all their holidays are more or less to remember the /feed/celebrate the souls of the dead people.

You have managed to combine Buddhism and Shinto into one religion called Buddhism. They are totally distinct. Shinto teaches ancestor worship. Buddhism does not.

Salam,

Yes druze believe in reincarnation and very openly. They'll tell you a million stories about the kid who remembers his past life/lifes.

Although druze are listed under muslims most of them do not consider themselves so. Many druze talk about their religion as being branched from the shia but I believe they are actually refering to the fatimid caliphate.

Many druze beliefs are not contradictory to shia/muslim beliefs so their beliefs cannot be attributed to us and vise versa especially since shia do not believe in reincarnation.

Although druze are listed under muslims most of them do not consider themselves so. Many druze talk about their religion as being branched from the shia but I believe they are actually refering to the fatimid caliphate. 

I doubt most muslims see them as muslim

This goes against the islamic belief on barzakh,judgment day etc...and this is not their only mistake either

I doubt most muslims see them as muslim

This goes against the islamic belief on barzakh,judgment day etc...and this is not their only mistake either

Yes I agree, most muslims do not see them as muslims. Although they believe in the oneness of Allah I cant seem to get an assertive reply whether they believe that prophet mohammad (as) is their prophet.

This gives rise to another problem: the secrecy of their beliefs. This makes debate almost impossible. Another thing is that they have roman and greek (Aristotle and such) philosophy integrated into their belief system which I find very odd.

Asalam Alykum,

I am going to give a few answers which are unlikely going to answer the question you've asked but it will clarify to you that one cannot be a Shia and a Buddist.

Firstly brother, you are a Muslim, be it Sunni Shia etc you do not need to declare that anywhere in your question. Secondly, all Muslims believe in the Qur'an. Sunni path and Shia path which were the main path emerged upon the departure of Prophet (S.A.W.) are.. well the two main recognized paths. Now anyone who says that a sect which is following the Quran and Sunnah/Ahl Ul Bayt, ANYONE who says that these schools believe in reincarnation makes me hope they come face to face with that guy who tried to hit Bush with his sandal because this is defamation and false information and it is because of such ignorant people who are part Shia/Sunni and part Buddist part whatever that there are Muslims being slaughtered by other Muslims in the world! If you want to know about their believes, read their texts (scriptures which they consider authentic). As you have gathered, there is no solid answer here and everyone is trying to contribute with guess work or their experience from 'their' point of view. I would recommend that you search for Alawite site because this is not it and you should seek answers from their jurisprudence. The reason why I say this is because you can never judge a school of thought or religion based on some of its followers or otherwise in case of the responses above, none of its followers.

Finally, we Shias (the twelvers) follow the Imam (A.S.) which are in the hadiths specifically about 12 leaders after the Prophet (S.A.W.). If you want to research us more please search this site and al-islam.org etc. There are plenty of sources Alhamdulillah. You are a wise individual and I am sure you are well resourced.

Ma'Salam.

Edited by tearsofregret