Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Doctor_Naqvi

Dealing With Pig-Headedness

Rate this topic

salam!

so this is the first week of my clinical rotation in a pediatrics ward but its turning-out to be the worst experience I've ever had.There's this batch-mate of mine who has a habit of looking down at people because of her bossy attitude. Our Professor has grouped us together to work on a project and to be honest i don't think its going to be completed somewhere around the submission date. she's way too offensive.she herself has a mind of a," 6th grader" and hardly comes prepared but doesn't lemme ask questions when she herself isn't in the position of asking them in the first place.she even steals my patients' notes.whenever someone threatens her to file a complaint against her,she comes-up with stupid excuses including her's dependence on anti-depressants and being a part of a torned family. i don't feel like buying her lame excuses as i know she's faking it up most of the time.sounds like am generalizing much but I've had enough of the torture that one can stand. i feel like smacking a popper on her face.seriously with her i feel like even when i don't say something,i say something wrong.i guess,she's doing it on purpose and theirs a bigger scheme.i feel like going into assassin's mode because she's getting on my nerves. i can't change the rotation's site as the schedule has been finalized.what should i do now to make her work as she isn't taking this project seriously?

Go for the wild cat mode. I've long stopped giving even half an inch to those who are manipulative, inconsiderate, self centered, and intrusive. I deal with them the way they deal with me, which mostly fixes the problem.

Obviously you have to use your brains, you can't bite a mad dog back but you can definitely do other things to give them enough to at least not bite you next time.

Improvise and let not other play with your life, your career, and your peace of mind.

giant_spoon_pushing_a_man_off_the_edge_o

^^^ proverbial of course :)

Both killing her or fixing her should be real easy since you're both medical professionals so no one will doubt this method. Just place a nasty injection in a needle up position at her seat in the morning. Or if you want to fix her, make it a lithium injection. Problem solved.~

Go to your professer and explain the situation. You dont need to stay with a cow that doesnt do much and believe me karma will get her. Some people are just hard to deal with but they will to face hardship from someone else..

Dont stress out, hopefull you will find a way of doing it.

thanks everyone for taking the time to reply. It took me almost a week to complete the project I was working on. I didn't talk to my professor about that ignorant jerk knowing it would probably cost her a lot. I did complete it without the girl’s assistance. To make matters worse for us, she got her arm fractured and that did buy her an immunity pin to come up with innumerable excuses. You don't find such species of humanity everywhere. The question that really bothers me is what made me act so silly around by not mentioning her name to the concerned professor ? May be its not that easy the way it seems to be as you can't escape the callous jaws of somebody around you even if their presence makes you suffocate to death. At the end of the day such fraudulent people make you suffer by playing with your naivety. I should have done that earlier and i salute from heart the decisive people in the world. I mean seriously how do they manage to deal with such people who can surprise you in so many unpredictable ways and yet they make it look so easy. Sorry for sounding like a misogynist but after being tricked by someone of my own kind, I wonder why do feminists keep on terming this world to be a grumpy place which isn't meant for women anymore.

(wasalam)

Edited by saba fatima naqvi

salaam sister,

i beleive ur in Pakistan right? i can understadn what ur going through & group projects can be a tough thing to handle cuz u get stuck with people who r so much different than u. or want to take advantage of u. i was in same situation b4 during my first year if univ. but my question is how did she even get into a medical school if she has minds of 6th grade??

let me tell u what i did. first i spoke to the professor & told him all thats going on & made it super clear i did not attend univ to deal with childish stuff like this. when the professor was useless & did not care, i went up to the girl & i spoke to her myself and let her know i was dead serious about her disgusting attitude , that kind of fixed teh problem but it took time fr her to behave. sometimes u just have to take mattrs into ur own hands.

glad it workd well 4 u :)

salaam sister,

i beleive ur in Pakistan right? i can understadn what ur going through & group projects can be a tough thing to handle cuz u get stuck with people who r so much different than u. or want to take advantage of u. i was in same situation b4 during my first year if univ. but my question is how did she even get into a medical school if she has minds of 6th grade??

let me tell u what i did. first i spoke to the professor & told him all thats going on & made it super clear i did not attend univ to deal with childish stuff like this. when the professor was useless & did not care, i went up to the girl & i spoke to her myself and let her know i was dead serious about her disgusting attitude , that kind of fixed teh problem but it took time fr her to behave. sometimes u just have to take mattrs into ur own hands.

glad it workd well 4 u :)

salam sister-in-faith!

am not studying in Pakistan given my homeland has a derailed health system and the quality of medical education isn’t up to the mark yet there are a few private medical colleges who’re trying to do their bit to provide the people with the best medical professionals. Despite all this, Pakistan has produced world’s greatest doctors but they’ve to leave their country out of their own will because they’re being brutally killed, kidnapped and they’re under-paid .That leaves us being the unfortunate ones as our top brains aren’t back here to cater the needs of their own people. We don’t have enough orthopedic surgeons. Same is the case with Neurologists, Oncologists & Cardiologists but Gynecologists are in plenty who’re the most Apathetic doctors one can ever get to know. I’ve worked with a few of them during my vacations and believe me they’re the worst people to deal with. Its either they don’t want to comfort the patient or they’re programmed that way to treat their patients with the worst possible behaviors. I hated it when they used to call someone as,” bed num 13 or 14” and this practice is the most prevalent one. Even the country’s best hospitals have such sort of barbarians working for them. There was one such moron who said it plainly in front of the patient that his days were numbered.you can’t just say it in front of the patient because there certainly are other ways of telling them. how could one be so emotionless? I mean, it’s a complete human being you’re dealing with but they just love to behave like anthropomorphs.Anyways,I do have plans of returning back to Pakistan once am done with my studies because i owe my country a lot.

Speaking of  my colleague, well, she’s a crammer and such sort of people are good for any other field in the world but shouldn’t ever try their luck in medicine as it involves a hell lot of brain-storming. Crammers have got nothing to do with this very profession.

(wasalam)