Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Wisdom Lion

Noor On Face

Rate this topic

Salat al layl

No, this is not the tool, but the way to have noor on face.

Ok, I guess and speculate the process:

When we do salat al layl we will have this condition :

- pure heart toward Allah SWT since it is usually quite in the night and you can easily cry because of our weakness in front of The AlMighty Power Creator.

- the blood flows more to the head which intensify your 'aql

- less noise of real sound

- less disturbance of human committing sins

- less disturbance of human committing doing nothing.

With this condition we may see the noor effect on the face, but my question : is there any tool to measure it ?

What is the unit of measure ? is it on the spectrum of light as in http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Light.

No, this is not the tool, but the way to have noor on face.

Ok, I guess and speculate the process:

When we do salat al layl we will have this condition :

- pure heart toward Allah SWT since it is usually quite in the night and you can easily cry because of our weakness in front of The AlMighty Power Creator.

- the blood flows more to the head which intensify your 'aql

- less noise of real sound

- less disturbance of human committing sins

- less disturbance of human committing doing nothing.

With this condition we may see the noor effect on the face, but my question : is there any tool to measure it ?

What is the unit of measure ? is it on the spectrum of light as in http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Light.

You could use an optical spectrometer to measure the quantity of noor emitted.

You could use an optical spectrometer to measure the quantity of noor emitted.

This has potential to do some research. Someday, human may propose this research program.

Today, impossible to propose this research :

a. Because today human will think that this just BS, since they usually reject these kind of effect.

b. Many more urgent things to solve in human affair.

You're joking, right? Please tell me you're joking...

No, i am not joking and i am not mocking our din.

It is just my eagerness and stupidity to know wether "noor on face" is really a measurable quantity or not.

If it is a really a measurable quantity, it can be applied in choosing a leader as supposedly and betterly is a heavenly pure leader with high "noor on face".

No, i am not joking and i am not mocking our din.

It is just my eagerness and stupidity to know wether "noor on face" is really a measurable quantity or not.

If it is a really a measurable quantity, it can be applied in choosing a leader as supposedly and betterly is a heavenly pure leader with high "noor on face".

This is a profound statement. If we can quantify the levels of noor that emanate from one's face, we can choose better leaders, as there is a positive correlation between piety and noor levels. It's at the very least an interesting idea. 

I don't think it is measurable or quantifiable, and I think only some people can detect it. In other religions it is called "aura". It is most noticeable in people who are strongly good or its absence/darkness in one who is strongly evil.

Is this even legit? Noor is arabic for light. I think they mean you can see someone's inner good radiate through if they're pure hearted and kind

Some people you can tell the goodness of their hearts. Really good people I know have a certain brightness to their face regardless if they have dark or light skin

Salat al layl

Reading salat doesn't mean you are truly a good person so somebody who salat al layl doesn't necessarily mean they have a good heart

It is said that people that do salat al layal will have noor on their face on the day of judgment...

I dont think you can determine if a person is good or bad from his/her face. Your face can glow if you take care of your skin and you can have glowing face even if your darker...

I think ones actions can tell more about their good/bad heart. Praying doesnt always mean your good, their are many people that rub out their good deeds by backbiting, judging others etc..

What determines a person having noor on his/her face? It is easily distinguishable of a Muslim who has this noor and a person who can be described to have opposite of this

A reflection of their heart

Salamun alaykum brother

Actually you may be right but I want to add thet obviously we cannot pass judgment by that and only God knows His true followers …

On the other hand we have many traditions emphasize Muslims to optimize other’s actions and have positive judgment on Muslim people.

Edited by followers

We are ordered to follow the right path i.e.Ahlulbayt's teaches and have good images of people who assume they like Imams and apparently follow them not to determine who has noor in his face nor measure it.

Allah swt wanted to hide people's secrets and notice that it is very hard to determine such thing on people and it is only authorized by people who used to have a very high rank of pure soal  

We are ordered to follow the right path i.e.Ahlulbayt's teaches and have good images of people who assume they like Imams and apparently follow them not to determine who has noor in his face nor measure it.

Allah swt wanted to hide people's secrets and notice that it is very hard to determine such thing on people and it is only authorized by people who used to have a very high rank of pure soal

That's true though there are in fact good people who have a certain brightness to their faces , from being one who prays constant namaz and is pious. It doesn't mean a literal light but a special cleanness on their faces. Far from the special Noor that was on the faces of the Prophets and Imams but a brightness on their followers if they are pious

Similarly there are many munafiqs and evil people who have a certain evil lurking amongst their face and eyes

That's true though there are in fact good people who have a certain brightness to their faces , from being one who prays constant namaz and is pious. It doesn't mean a literal light but a special cleanness on their faces. Far from the special Noor that was on the faces of the Prophets and Imams but a brightness on their followers if they are pious

Similarly there are many munafiqs and evil people who have a certain evil lurking amongst their face and eyes.

why do we need to know it? it doesn't benefit us nor them.

we'd better look at a person's behavior and personality. this is more reliable and efficient.

why do you go far away and off the beaten path to find them? don't you think what I said is easier?

or probably you want to do it and then apply it in yourself?

so you shouldn't care about how you look.

why do we need to know it? it doesn't benefit us nor them.

we'd better look at a person's behavior and personality. this is more reliable and efficient.

why do you go far away and off the beaten path to find them? don't you think what I said is easier?

or probably you want to do it and then apply it in yourself?

so you shouldn't care about how you look.

I never stated " we need to know it." You're assuming it.

I see you're having difficulty understanding what I stated in the first post.

"What determines a person having noor on his/her face?"

Doesn't mean they're being found.

Stick to on topic discussions and understanding of what someone stated in the first place

I don't think it is measurable or quantifiable, and I think only some people can detect it. In other religions it is called "aura". It is most noticeable in people who are strongly good or its absence/darkness in one who is strongly evil.

Check this :

http://www.aurasecrets.com/aura-b/?utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=aura+bing

It is possible to tell alot about a person by their facical expression. What they are thinking and their attitude. Maybe even how they were brought up. If one has good thoughts, and is a honest, humble, well intentioned person, it will most definetly show on their face. You see it everywhere with every person you meet. The reality is that few have that truly innocent face.

Salam,

I have always believed that ones character surfaces in his/her features.

This is somewhat related to the noor of the face but I dont think this noor is an actual measurable radiation I think it is more of an aura that one senses around this person.

Also I dont believe everyone can see this noor... perhaps the only ones who can see it are the ones who can appreciate it.

You're right, I have noticed too that some people are really different and their faces are beautiful in a spiritual way, and I'm almost sure that I'm not making mistake.

But I think although this is something clear, you cannot prove it to anyone who doubts .and also no one can measure it, and there is no criterion to show the quantity of it.

Based on this fact that "Noor" and quantity of it cannot be proven, it's not a reliable way to judge people on the basis of it.

Although it's not what you asked, I think it’s a good opportunity to talk about this kind of questions and what makes us ask them…

When I read your question it reminded me of a great scholars quotation. when a person asked him why we don't reach to a high level of "Irfan" he answered:

"Because you do good deeds for getting to a great level, not because you are Allah's slaves…"

This sentence is really great I think.it shows that one should do everything just for the sake of Allah, not even for the results that Allah gives as rewards.

Additionally, I've seen many with a really good spirituality but with a very ordinary face, and also not so good people with faces that are considered with a lot of "Noor"!

Anyway I suppose it's better not to think about these issues a lot, instead we should try to read Ahadith that introduce signs of true followers.

For example it has been narrated that one of Mumen signs is praying fifty one Rakats during the day, or the other is reading Arbaien Ziarah and etc…