Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
solitair

Fear Of Islam - Why ?

Rate this topic

First of all i want to thank all the people that have answered my previous questions. It is of great help to me that I can come here to this forum and share my thoughts. So thank you to all again.

I have children and find it very hard to answer them some times. I also have co workers, and employees, that find it difficult to understand "why I always defend Islam and Muslims" as they call it.

I am currently trying to understand and answer question about why so many fear Islam. I wrote some thoughts on this at the end of a different thread, How To Answere Violence / Terrorist Accusations ?   but are still struggling with this.

At some point in this - i came to the conclusion that the west will never accept Islam, that the polarization will just intensify. To groups will stand against each other - Islam and the rest of the world. Christianity has been diluted and gradually merged in to the rest, along with most other religions and what have you. This polarization have always existed in a way, but is now becoming a global situation. It seems like all over the world it is now like this, in every little corner of it.

I have lived in USA, in Paris France, in Scandinavian countries, and some countries and middle and southerns Europe. i have lived in Asian countries as well, and see this fear of Islam everywhere. I was in Zamboanga Del Sur in the Philippines, and among the Christians there, the fears is intense. Something one can understand based on the political situation there - but why do we find the same fear in Denmark where the situation is extremely peaceful compared to just about any other place on the planet. Sweden is worse, and you have political parties - devoted to defeat Islam in more than one of the Scandinavian countries.

In my study of Islam, I have read many explanations as to why people fear Islam. For example what someone like Bill Warner   gets himself to say about Islam. Bill Warner tried to explain "why we are afraid of Islam", and went on in a You tube video about wars and what not, where he was blaming Islam and so on. He called it a secret that is not taught in our schools... but how in the world can a secret that nobody knows explain why people are afraid. Nobody can be afraid of something they don't know. The man is just trying to increase this fear, and offer no explanation to why it is there already.

I have theories - but really want to know what others think about this.

I really appreciate the time anybody can give me on this.

it all comes down to legalisms bro.

most muslims are peaceful. but a minority of sunni and shia prioritize teachings outside the quran. so u have sunni and salafi terrorists who wanna kill innocents. then u also have shias like khomeini who wanna limit free speech like on salman rushdie.

then u also have culture thats a part of it. ppl who dont follow these legalisms but still exhibit them because of their environment. or ppl who dont follow islam much, but follow parts of the culture that come from it.

so, u have misinterpretation of islam + ignorance + culture, etc. = can be feared by rational and loving ppl. like christians.

islam's a bit of a mess. it probably deserves the reputation its got. thats why u just gotta deal with individuals. not think about religions as a whole.

most muslims are peaceful. but a minority of sunni and shia prioritize teachings outside the quran. so u have sunni and salafi terrorists who wanna kill innocents. then u also have shias like khomeini who wanna limit free speech like on salman rushdie.

Together in the same sentence?  Have you no shame?

The Zionist Occupation Government realizes that Islam is a grave threat to their hegemony. Islam is also a threat to the secular egalitarian feminist immoral "paradise" that is appearing in Westernized countries.

This is why Islam needs to be maligned, feared, lambasted. It does not lay down and give up like Christianity did. And that is unacceptable.

then u also have culture thats a part of it. ppl who dont follow these legalisms but still exhibit them because of their environment. or ppl who dont follow islam much, but follow parts of the culture that come from it.

so, u have misinterpretation of islam + ignorance + culture, etc. = can be feared by rational and loving ppl. like christians.

islam's a bit of a mess. it probably deserves the reputation its got. thats why u just gotta deal with individuals. not think about religions as a whole.

Edited by solitair

(salam)

I have a different take. The "fear" as you identify it is because islam is an unknown to them, that's one. It is "something different".

In my old hometown it was "those people", the catholics, because they wanted to build a church the town in the 1930s --yep, that story still goes around.

Another part is when people ask "who is Allah" they get the "I don't know" kind of answer. Especially when they ask the clergy. If you ask about some hindu god or about Buddha they get somekind of straight answer. But not if is islam. Then its some pejorative remark with a voice inflection signifying disgust. Reason is that islam is the only numerically strong challenge to evilgelicalism --they already have the jew killed-down and parked in a little country bercause judism makes the same fundamental statements as islam.

So two things I know that help:

"Who is this Allah"? You answer, Allah (s.w.t.) is "the God of Noah". (I know imams don't say this because it does not translate properly back into Arabic because it implies "God"" is the personal property of Noah(as).) "al--lah" translates into English as "the God". It is a title, not a name.

"What is islam?" You answer, "Extremely strict 1st and 2nd Commandments" which you can find at Deuteronomy 5, and Exodus 20. In islam --using Christian idiom-- if we break either the 1st or 2nd, it is not forgiven for any reason. And you go to Hell.

Helps?

then u also have shias like khomeini who wanna limit free speech like on salman rushdie.

salam brothers and sisters

I am so sorry to see like these ideas. How can we call the verdict of Imam Khomeini about Salman Rushdi limitation of free speech????

One of the main responsibilites of the Ulama is to protect the religion from its enomies. If the Ulama let anyone to insult the main ideas and main figures of Islam, then nothing will remain from the true Islam.

There is a big difference between free speach and offensive words. It is free to think about Islam without any limitation, rather than this, its not acceptable to believe in Islam without enough proofs. therefore to find out that Islam is the best religion you should be in doubt firstly and then by searching you will find out the truthiness of Islam.

In brief, not only thinking freely and have free speach about Islam is not Haram, but also its highly recommanded to be a true believer.

But that doesnt mean any one can attack Islam and make fun of the great Islamic figures. Of course Ulama shouldnt allow someone to put Islam down.

Imam Khomeini is at least one of the greatest Islamic scholars in the 20th century (if we dont say the greatest one) and he made the best strategy to protecslam.

Western people Believe that salafism and wahhabism represents mainstream islam. They Believe that the shariah of these movements is the shariah of ALL muslims and thus they fear that when the muslims have grown in number laws will be imposed that will ban their traditional freedoms and instead institute decapitations, severing of hands etc..

This is so because when the media in the west reports on islam it almost Always reports of salafist / wahhabist atrocities or something like "Ahmadinejad threatens to wipe Israel of the map and seeks nuclear weapons" whwn shiism are mentioned. It's not really strange people are afraid. The same thing happened during the Cold war when a fear of communists was built up gradually through the media and I Believe this strategy serves the rulers of the west.

Actually, the shi'ites could start media initiatives like for example "Ahlulbayt TV" and produce documentaries etc because I Believe that if they came to know about the spirituality of shia islam they would view islam more favourly. The main thing though is providing a different view of Islam than the salafists do