Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Do These Verses Refer To The Ahle Bait (Pbut)?

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

Salam o alaikom,

I came across a topic by reading a shia ebook named Allegories 1st volume. In there it mentioned that the word israel which is known as prophet Jacobs(AS) name, can also refer to the prophet Muhammad (PBUH & HF). Because israel means abdullah and abdullah means servant of god, so prophet Muhammad (PBUH & HF) is israel.

The book also mentioned some references:

In the interpretation of Al-Ayashi and
others:
Haron bin Muhammad said, “I asked Abu Abdullah pbuh about the
Almighty’s saying, {O children of Israel}. He pbuh said, ‘We, in particular,
are them.’ ”
Muhammad bin Ali said, “I asked Al-Sadiq pbuh about the saying of
Allah, {O children of Israel}. He said, ‘It is particular to the progeny
of Muhammad pbuhap.’ ”
In the book of Sunan Abi Dawood, from the Prophet pbuhap, that he
said,
“I am Abdullah, my name is Ahmad. And I am Abdullah, my name
is Israel. So whatever He has commanded him [meaning Israel], then I am commanded by it. And whatever concerns him, concerns me. 

The interesting part is here that in the Holy Quran Allah (SWT) said,

{O children of Israel, remember My grace which I had bestowed
upon you and that I verily favored you over the worlds ۝ And fear a
day where no soul will reward another and no compensation is to be
accepted from it, and no intercession will be of use to it, nor will they
be supported.}.

{O children of Israel}: meaning O progeny of Muhammad pbut.

{Remember My grace}: meaning the grace of allegiance and Imamate,
and domination over all worlds.

{And that I, verily, favored you over the worlds}: meaning by knowing
Me (knowing Allah swt), and knowing His names.
And it is known that Muhammad and his progeny are the ones favored
over the worlds. Neither the children of Jacob, nor anybody else,
are preferred over Muhammad’s progeny pbut.

{And fear a day}: It is the day of death, and it is the only day that has no
intercession. Thus, the torture at death is something no one can survive
except whoever was in this world [only] by his body and had his heart
attached to the people of the seventh sky. Therefore, he was not tied to
this world by ropes and attachments that require cutting and ripping
out, which would cause the torture.

The actual question here is that is this authentic and confirmed, because I havent seen this explanation of this verse anywhere except this book.
In my limited knowledge and humble opinion, I think that it does really make sense. Because the prophets (PBUH & HF) progeny is chosen over the nations and it could refer them. Secondly after the these verses, verse 124 Allah (SWT) mentions that He(SWT) made Ibrahim (AS) an imam after passing trials. This could mean that first Allah (SWT) saying that Allah(SWT) chose ale Muhammad(SAWW) over the worlds and after it Allah (SWT) said that He (SWT) that imamat cannot reach the unjust except the ones He(SWT) favors.

So, I'm asking if anyone in this forum can give their opinions on this thread
Looking forward to your responses.

• Veteran Member
Indeed, Allah chose Adam and Noah and the family of Abraham and the family of 'Imran over the worlds -

Descendants, some of them from others. And Allah is Hearing and Knowing.

salam, 

They key word in the verse you are questioning is favoring bani israel. As we know, bani iSrael are the jews who had committed many atrocities against their prophets so that verse cannot refer to them. It also cannot refer to prophets of Bani israel because we know that our prophet is the most beloved. 

The apparent meaning of it is the known Bani israel but the real maning is Ahlulbayt. It is as if I am saying "Humans are the most beloved creation to Allah". Now pharaoh cannot be the most beloved creation but here we are referring to the cause of preference of humans which are Ahlulbayt.

the hadith from the prophet saying : I am Abdullah and my name is Ahmed, i am Abdullah and my name is Israel, what Allah had ordered him or with whatever Allah addressed him then Allah is addressing me and ordering me equally.
Edited by Chaotic Muslem

• Advanced Member

In the book of Sunan Abi Dawood, from the Prophet pbuhap, that he
said,
“I am Abdullah, my name is Ahmad. And I am Abdullah, my name
is Israel. So whatever He has commanded him [meaning Israel], then I am commanded by it. And whatever concerns him, concerns me. 

This tradition also is reported in "tafsir alayashi" immediately after the ones you quoted

أنا عبد الله اسمي أحمد، و أنا عبد الله اسمي إسرائيل، فما أمره فقد أمرني، و ما عناه فقد عناني‏

Since this book is not authentic enough(due to chains deletion was done by the writer) we are not able to ascribe these specific narrations to the prophet or Ahlulbayt but the assumption you have made requires some researches and attentions

There are many true hadiths reported from Imams in which they introduce themselves as correct meaning of verses but it must be noticed that does not mean to change the apparent meaning of them. In our case of discussion ,for instance , when prophet states that he is Isreal it does not mean this saying of Allah swt never addressed Jacob or his descendant but rather it means the prophet and Ahlulbayt were the most perfect addressees and instances

By the way there are many similarities between Islamic Ummah and descendant of Jacob in the context of what has happened and is going to happen o them according to our hadiths and that possibly is why quran talks about them and tells their stories repeatedly  

Edited by mighdad

• Advanced Member

This tradition also is reported in "tafsir alayashi" immediately after the ones you quoted

أنا عبد الله اسمي أحمد، و أنا عبد الله اسمي إسرائيل، فما أمره فقد أمرني، و ما عناه فقد عناني‏

Since this book is not authentic enough(due to chains deletion was done by the writer) we are not able to ascribe these specific narrations to the prophet or Ahlulbayt but the assumption you have made requires some researches and attentions

There are many true hadiths reported from Imams in which they introduce themselves as correct meaning of verses but it must be noticed that does not mean to change the apparent meaning of them. In our case of discussion ,for instance , when prophet states that he is Isreal it does not mean this saying of Allah swt never addressed Jacob or his descendant but rather it means the prophet and Ahlulbayt were the most perfect addressees and instances

By the way there are many similarities between Islamic Ummah and descendant of Jacob in the context of what has happened and is going to happen o them according to our hadiths and that possibly is why quran talks about them and tells their stories repeatedly  

• Advanced Member

Indeed, Allah chose Adam and Noah and the family of Abraham and the family of 'Imran over the worlds -
Descendants, some of them from others. And Allah is Hearing and Knowing.

salam, 
They key word in the verse you are questioning is favoring bani israel. As we know, bani iSrael are the jews who had committed many atrocities against their prophets so that verse cannot refer to them. It also cannot refer to prophets of Bani israel because we know that our prophet is the most beloved. 
The apparent meaning of it is the known Bani israel but the real maning is Ahlulbayt. It is as if I am saying "Humans are the most beloved creation to Allah". Now pharaoh cannot be the most beloved creation but here we are referring to the cause of preference of humans which are Ahlulbayt.
the hadith from the prophet saying : I am Abdullah and my name is Ahmed, i am Abdullah and my name is Israel, what Allah had ordered him or with whatever Allah addressed him then Allah is addressing me and ordering me equally.

Salam,

Thanks for replying Chaotic Muslem and I'm glad you agree with me. 

Many people might consider the apparent meaning of this verse, but if thought about it deeply, you can get a feeling that this verse of the holy quran maybe revealed for the prophet's progeny (AS). 

Salam, 

Nice explanation and I cant disagree with you. The problem is that if the apparent meaning is considered, then the descendants of israel were not all prophets and holy people. In fact they have committed the most horrible eg, if I'm not wrong, they've even killed 1000s and 1000s of prophets. In this case, we can say that this may refer to our holy imams as they are infallible and the best creation. Anyways, due to the authenticity of this not being confirmed, it is difficult to precisely make assumptions.

Thanks brother.