Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
ShiaChat.com
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Unity

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

You should tell that to your sunni boys. 

I agree, but it's also important for shias to not fall in these traps also. I know many people(shias) who think the Sunnis are our enemies. They think sunnis love yazeed and we love Hussain(as). Someone once told me yazeed was a sunni and Imam Hussain was a Shia. LOL. I really get annoyed with this type of ignorance. Allah says many many times in the Quran to not be divided. In another verse, it says whoever divides his religion has nothing to do with the prophet Muhammad(SAW). I get quite sad seeing people not knowing this important information. 

• Veteran Member

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m4cUkGV-4ok

Come on brothers and sisters lets all unite forget all this debating....only the kafir benefit from us hating each other...

I stretch out my hand in unity to my shia brethren who is willing to grab it from among the sunni and shia...

Come on brothers the ummah is on fire and under artack...

Firstly, what steps have you taken with your own sect, regarding  of killing of Shia's? Also are you a part of organisation which is promoting unity with the  Shia's? And what are your plans once this idea of unity gets started? ​Surely you must have done your homework in promoting this idea ?

Edited by power

(bismillah)

(salam)

^^

his first step has been to express his longing to coexist with Shīʿa to create a united front against the Kuffār, who are droning innocent Muslims in Yemen, Pakistan and Afghanistan, and persecuting and humiliating Palestinians, and sanctioning and threatening the Islamic Republic of Iran, and interfering in Iraqi and Syrian affairs, and giving aid to Al Saud who, as all intelligent Muslims know, are the Traitors to the Ḥaramayn.

Anyone who expresses this willingness must be welcomed.

The nawāṣib are those who hate the Shīʿa. Not every one who follows Sunnī fiqh is a nāṣibī.

Many of the Ahl ul Sunna do not have hatred in their hearts, and anyone who sincerely turns his back on the nāṣibīs who have, unfortunately, infiltrated their ranks, must be welcomed.

By repelling these sincere Muslims, and by offending them, one only strengthens the phenomenon of naṣb, especially in this day and age where the nawāṣib are using the internet and the media to broadcast falsehoods about the Shīʿa, and doing takfīr of them, and encouraging hate towards them, and corrupting many individuals from the Ahl ul Sunna.

Our actions should not add fuel to the fire.

Our actions should be beautiful.

معاشر الشيعة كونوا لنا زينا ولا تكونوا علينا شينا، قولوا للناس حسنا واحفظوا السنتكم وكفوا عن الفضول وقبح القول

Imām al-Ṣādiq [a] said: O community of Shīʿa! be an ornament for us, and do not be a disgrace to us. Speak beautifully to people and guard your tongues and withhold from excessive and ugly speech.

From his conduct, I would suggest that brother Just the Truth - i.e. Abū Zakariyyā - is not a nāṣibī.

We should not treat him like one.

قال تعالى: (و لا تسبوا الذین یدعون من دون الله فیسبّوا الله عَدوَاً بغیر علم)(سوره انعام: ۱۰۸) و قال الصادق (ع) فى تفسیر هذه الآیة: فلا تسبّوهم فانهم یسبّوا علیکم

He - the Transcendent - said: and do not insult those they invoke other than Allah , lest they insult Allah in enmity without knowledge. And al-Ṣādiq [a] said in the exegesis of this verse: so do not insult them, for they will insult you.

Sometimes we see that when some who identify as Shīʿa insult their heroes, they return by insulting Imām al-Zamān [ajtf].

Whosoever insults Imām [ajtf] insults the Prophet [ṣ] and whosoever insults the Prophet [ṣ] insults Allāh [swt].

We should be a shield against insults towards the Noble Beings, not invite the arrows.

فإن اعتزلوكم فلم يقاتلوكم وألقوا إليكم السلم فما جعل الله لكم عليهم سبيل

So if they remove themselves from you and do not fight you and offer you peace, then Allah has not made for you a cause [for fighting] against them. [Koran 4:90]

If the above is true between Muslims and Kuffār, it is certainly true between Muslims.

(wasalam)

If any of the Shīʿī brethren wish to discuss this further with me, or seek clarifications or anything else, they are welcome to PM me.

• Advanced Member

@justTheTruth...

never mind the other guys comment...about the "sunni boys", you will always find some that are just not willing to understand, what your aim is.

From someone who doesnt class himself as a Sunni nor a Shia.. Just as a Revert..with 0 bias... I have to say the door of unity is more open from the Shia side than it is from the Sunni side..

what do I mean?

I always hear Shia's Calling for Unity...I never hear a Shia call a Sunni a Kaffir but im sorry to say I do hear some Sunnis Call Shias kafirs etc..

Unity can only be achieved if one another can tolerate eachothers opinions...and Shias do tend to be more tolerant...yes ofcourse if u praise Yazeed or Muawiyah they wont be but that is natural because the Shia think of the Prophets family as there own...

However, the first step is to stop the "hatred towards the shia", you cant have members of you group spreading hatered towards those you want to unite with, it just wouldnt work. If the major scholars of Ahlus Sunnah stand up and keeping calling for unity and condem those who call Shias kafirs etc... then you can step forward...

Firstly, what steps have you taken with your own sect, regarding of killing of Shia's? Also are you a part of organisation which is promoting unity with the Shia's? And what are your plans once this idea of unity gets started? ​Surely you must have done your homework in promoting this idea ?

We don't kill Shias...I'm not a wahabbi...I'm trying you build an organisation on here...my idea is that if we can tolerate Christians and other religions then why can't we tolerate each other although sunni and shia have more similarities than we do with other religions yet we seem to tolerate other religions more than we tolerate each other

(bismillah)

(salam)

^^

his first step has been to express his longing to coexist with Shīʿa to create a united front against the Kuffār, who are droning innocent Muslims in Yemen, Pakistan and Afghanistan, and persecuting and humiliating Palestinians, and sanctioning and threatening the Islamic Republic of Iran, and interfering in Iraqi and Syrian affairs, and giving aid to Al Saud who, as all intelligent Muslims know, are the Traitors to the Ḥaramayn.

Anyone who expresses this willingness must be welcomed.

The nawāṣib are those who hate the Shīʿa. Not every one who follows Sunnī fiqh is a nāṣibī.

Many of the Ahl ul Sunna do not have hatred in their hearts, and anyone who sincerely turns his back on the nāṣibīs who have, unfortunately, infiltrated their ranks, must be welcomed.

By repelling these sincere Muslims, and by offending them, one only strengthens the phenomenon of naṣb, especially in this day and age where the nawāṣib are using the internet and the media to broadcast falsehoods about the Shīʿa, and doing takfīr of them, and encouraging hate towards them, and corrupting many individuals from the Ahl ul Sunna.

Our actions should not add fuel to the fire.

Our actions should be beautiful.

معاشر الشيعة كونوا لنا زينا ولا تكونوا علينا شينا، قولوا للناس حسنا واحفظوا السنتكم وكفوا عن الفضول وقبح القول

Imām al-Ṣādiq [a] said: O community of Shīʿa! be an ornament for us, and do not be a disgrace to us. Speak beautifully to people and guard your tongues and withhold from excessive and ugly speech.

From his conduct, I would suggest that brother Just the Truth - i.e. Abū Zakariyyā - is not a nāṣibī.

We should not treat him like one.

قال تعالى: (و لا تسبوا الذین یدعون من دون الله فیسبّوا الله عَدوَاً بغیر علم)(سوره انعام: ۱۰۸) و قال الصادق (ع) فى تفسیر هذه الآیة: فلا تسبّوهم فانهم یسبّوا علیکم

He - the Transcendent - said: and do not insult those they invoke other than Allah , lest they insult Allah in enmity without knowledge. And al-Ṣādiq [a] said in the exegesis of this verse: so do not insult them, for they will insult you.

Sometimes we see that when some who identify as Shīʿa insult their heroes, they return by insulting Imām al-Zamān [ajtf].

Whosoever insults Imām [ajtf] insults the Prophet [ṣ] and whosoever insults the Prophet [ṣ] insults Allāh [swt].

We should be a shield against insults towards the Noble Beings, not invite the arrows.

فإن اعتزلوكم فلم يقاتلوكم وألقوا إليكم السلم فما جعل الله لكم عليهم سبيل

So if they remove themselves from you and do not fight you and offer you peace, then Allah has not made for you a cause [for fighting] against them. [Koran 4:90]

If the above is true between Muslims and Kuffār, it is certainly true between Muslims.

(wasalam)

If any of the Shīʿī brethren wish to discuss this further with me, or seek clarifications or anything else, they are welcome to PM me.

Thanks

Edited by Just the truth

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m4cUkGV-4ok

Come on brothers and sisters lets all unite forget all this debating....only the kafir benefit from us hating each other...

I stretch out my hand in unity to my shia brethren who is willing to grab it from among the sunni and shia...

Come on brothers the ummah is on fire and under artack...

I agree with you my brother, good post

Firstly, what steps have you taken with your own sect, regarding  of killing of Shia's? Also are you a part of organisation which is promoting unity with the  Shia's? And what are your plans once this idea of unity gets started? ​Surely you must have done your homework in promoting this idea ?

What do you want the user to do? The idea is not as complicated as you may or may not think. Sunni-Shia unity means living respectfully amongst each other as two groups who believe in Allah, Prophet Muhammad as final Messenger who can live together with peace and respect. Posting about it is a good step to encourage Shias and Sunnis who are reading to think and to spread this message.

@justTheTruth...

never mind the other guys comment...about the "sunni boys", you will always find some that are just not willing to understand, what your aim is.

From someone who doesnt class himself as a Sunni nor a Shia.. Just as a Revert..with 0 bias... I have to say the door of unity is more open from the Shia side than it is from the Sunni side..

what do I mean?

I always hear Shia's Calling for Unity...I never hear a Shia call a Sunni a Kaffir but im sorry to say I do hear some Sunnis Call Shias kafirs etc..

Unity can only be achieved if one another can tolerate eachothers opinions...and Shias do tend to be more tolerant...yes ofcourse if u praise Yazeed or Muawiyah they wont be but that is natural because the Shia think of the Prophets family as there own...

However, the first step is to stop the "hatred towards the shia", you cant have members of you group spreading hatered towards those you want to unite with, it just wouldnt work. If the major scholars of Ahlus Sunnah stand up and keeping calling for unity and condem those who call Shias kafirs etc... then you can step forward...

"From someone who doesnt class himself as a Sunni nor a Shia.. Just as a Revert"

Illogical Bruv...being a quranist is not a good idea dear brother/sister...where do you learn how to pray, how to give Zakah, interpretation of quran...and the list goes on. It's illogical to say I'm "just a revert"...

As for your second point dear brother/sister..there are hate scholars on both sides so I don't see why it how you are only pin pointing sunni...try to take an unbias approach....acting like a quranist by saying I'm not a sunni or a shia will DEFINATELY make this worse for you

Instead of the negative behaviour come and join me on my new mission of unity

I agree with you my brother, good post

What do you want the user to do? The idea is not as complicated as you may or may not think. Sunni-Shia unity means living respectfully amongst each other as two groups who believe in Allah, Prophet Muhammad as final Messenger who can live together with peace and respect. Posting about it is a good step to encourage Shias and Sunnis who are reading to think and to spread this message.

Cheers Bruv...I'm really trying to start something new...I hope we all unite

Edited by Just the truth
  • Advanced Member

Brother Just the Truth, brother IgnoranceDiffers4rmLogic did not say he is a Quranist either. Because so-called Quranism is also a sect. He mentioned he is a revert with no sect I guess (MashaAllah. Welcome to Islam.). And it is nice he studies all with no bias, no misinformation. I admire that. Not every revert gets this chance because of the disinformation. But, MashaAllah he has.

Secondly, this is a bit irrelevant but I ened to say, the Islamic Unity does not mean rejecting sects. Some say ''No to shia, no to sunni, yes to being JUST Muslim'' which sadly forms another sect (for they would just be rejecting the titles, but they still will be getting their religion from just one source, let's say from the sunni books), like numerous versions of salafism does. And I think, the callers of islamic unity should say ''Yes to shia, yes to sunni, yes to unity''. That way, they would be accepting the other sect as is despite the differences. And that way, one can benefit from the teachings of both and more sects.

Brother IgnoranceDiffers4rmLogic (it is a long nickname. lol) and brother just the Truth, you have the best means to study Islam, alhamdollellah. And if I may, I kindly suggest;  http://www.shiachat.com/forum/topic/235016684-20-shia-means-20-kafir/?p=2622272 ma salam :)

Edited by HamzaTR
  • Advanced Member

He is a Breveli and a staunch supporter of Shiek Abdul Al-Qadir Al-Jelani, and these people do not promote Shia killing. You cannot make a general label on all Sunnis saying that they do, due to the ideological differences that exists between them, that is; the Sufi inclined Sunnis and the Takfiri groups like the Wahabiyia. The first group is more open for Shia-Sunni unity while the latter isn't.

Anyways. He's not asking you to stop being a Shi'i. He is merely asking that we should agree to disagree, and not let our ideological differences drive us to attack each other personally and physically, but instead, learn to acknowledge our differences and co-exist peacefully with one another. 

Moreover, coming from Iraq and witnessing how it has been drowning in a sectarian bloodbath for the last decade, I think this is a good approach that he is taking. Same can be said about Pakistan, Lebanon, Bahrain  and Yemen.

Edited by Al-Najashi

From someone who doesnt class himself as a Sunni nor a Shia.. Just as a

Revert..with 0 bias... I have to say the door of unity is more open from

the Shia side than it is from the Sunni side..

what do I mean?

I always hear Shia's Calling for Unity...I never hear a Shia call a

Sunni a Kaffir but im sorry to say I do hear some Sunnis Call Shias

kafirs etc..

Unity can only be achieved if one another can tolerate eachothers

opinions...and Shias do tend to be more tolerant...yes ofcourse if u

praise Yazeed or Muawiyah they wont be but that is natural because the

Shia think of the Prophets family as there own...

However, the first step is to stop the "hatred towards the shia", you

cant have members of you group spreading hatered towards those you want

to unite with, it just wouldnt work. If the major scholars of Ahlus

Sunnah stand up and keeping calling for unity and condem those who call

Shias kafirs etc... then you can step forward...

i dnt agref , i dnt knw abt sch0lars but when i was in pakistan b4 1 yr, our sch0ol teachrz used to attack our sahabas character. i remember, our teacher was discussing the rebelli0ns in 1 of our chapter then he went on saying ' Islamic hist0ry has also pr0duced many rebelli0n d0gs just lyk father of yazid'. In our urdu class our teacher was discusing ' l0v of raso0l', he also attcked al- far0oq as ' if u want to love nabi saww then learn it fr0m ali n0t like that insan who speaks l0ud infr0nt of rasul, quran had c0ndemn that pers0n who start his " bakwas " ign0ring nabi's c0mmands. That was a m0ment i wntd to kick him hard & when i saw shia stdnt's faces, they were smiling w0w . These teachrz were hazaras, i kn0w they're frustrated bt d0es that mean to act like this. Even my urdu teachr didnt taught us 1st chpter ' hijrat madina ' becuz there was praise 4 abu bakr.

Even s0me shias cal aisha as fahisha, nd i hear 1 calling her as ' prostit.. Astagfirulah. That is the reas0n y u cnt find many sunis caling 4 unity.

Unity is g0od 0nly with th0se shias who d0nt use abusive lnguage.

A new Islamic Golden Age is needed and that could happen if all the brilliance of Muslim countries comes together. In this era of technology what can't be made by a new era of progressive thinking whose foundation is Islam along with science, peace, culture, and values

Couldn't agree with you more brother/sister....people who try to resist sunni shia unity should have shame...I remember watching ARY news after a bombing on shia and this mother of two shia brothers who were killed in the attack came on tv and said bahoth mushkil say palay Tay menay apnay buccho ko (I raised my children with great difficulty) she went on to say how she would borrow clothes beg etc etc just to raise them and then these animals killed them...as a father her words bought tears to my ears....we need unity and need it quick. Unity dies not mean rejecting what you believe or rejecting what the opposition believes but all it means is showing tolerance which I believe is achievable

Brother Just the Truth, brother IgnoranceDiffers4rmLogic did not say he is a Quranist either. Because so-called Quranism is also a sect. He mentioned he is a revert with no sect I guess (MashaAllah. Welcome to Islam.). And it is nice he studies all with no bias, no misinformation. I admire that. Not every revert gets this chance because of the disinformation. But, MashaAllah he has.

Secondly, this is a bit irrelevant but I ened to say, the Islamic Unity does not mean rejecting sects. Some say ''No to shia, no to sunni, yes to being JUST Muslim'' which sadly forms another sect (for they would just be rejecting the titles, but they still will be getting their religion from just one source, let's say from the sunni books), like numerous versions of salafism does. And I think, the callers of islamic unity should say ''Yes to shia, yes to sunni, yes to unity''. That way, they would be accepting the other sect as is despite the differences. And that way, one can benefit from the teachings of both and more sects.

Brother IgnoranceDiffers4rmLogic (it is a long nickname. lol) and brother just the Truth, you have the best means to study Islam, alhamdollellah. And if I may, I kindly suggest; http://www.shiachat.com/forum/topic/235016684-20-shia-means-20-kafir/?p=2622272 ma salam :)

Salams dear brother and god bless you..

The reason I said he was a quranist is because all Muslims believe in quran but what seperate a us is the books we follow (hadith) in irder to learn the way to do x y and z...the brother says he has no sect hence does not follow a certain book of hadith this is why I said he is being a quranist....anyway god bless him and you too.

He is a Breveli and a staunch supporter of Shiek Abdul Al-Qadir Al-Jelani, and these people do not promote Shia killing. You cannot make a general label on all Sunnis saying that they do, due to the ideological differences that exists between them, that is; the Sufi inclined Sunnis and the Takfiri groups like the Wahabiyia. The first group is more open for Shia-Sunni unity while the latter isn't.

Anyways. He's not asking you to stop being a Shi'i. He is merely asking that we should agree to disagree, and not let our ideological differences drive us to attack each other personally and physically, but instead, learn to acknowledge our differences and co-exist peacefully with one another.

Moreover, coming from Iraq and witnessing how it has been drowning in a sectarian bloodbath for the last decade, I think this is a good approach that he is taking. Same can be said about Pakistan, Lebanon, Bahrain and Yemen.

Salams dear brother Jazakallah for your kind words and support. I believe if we try hard on here then unity is possible...we may start of small but we can make it big inshallah if we try hard enough...god will not let our hard work go to waste

i dnt agref , i dnt knw abt sch0lars but when i was in pakistan b4 1 yr, our sch0ol teachrz used to attack our sahabas character. i remember, our teacher was discussing the rebelli0ns in 1 of our chapter then he went on saying ' Islamic hist0ry has also pr0duced many rebelli0n d0gs just lyk father of yazid'. In our urdu class our teacher was discusing ' l0v of raso0l', he also attcked al- far0oq as ' if u want to love nabi saww then learn it fr0m ali n0t like that insan who speaks l0ud infr0nt of rasul, quran had c0ndemn that pers0n who start his " bakwas " ign0ring nabi's c0mmands. That was a m0ment i wntd to kick him hard & when i saw shia stdnt's faces, they were smiling w0w . These teachrz were hazaras, i kn0w they're frustrated bt d0es that mean to act like this. Even my urdu teachr didnt taught us 1st chpter ' hijrat madina ' becuz there was praise 4 abu bakr.

Even s0me shias cal aisha as fahisha, nd i hear 1 calling her as ' prostit.. Astagfirulah. That is the reas0n y u cnt find many sunis caling 4 unity.

Unity is g0od 0nly with th0se shias who d0nt use abusive lnguage.

Brother this is what I mean...it's not fair to just play sunni because cursing the people who your opponents love is not the best approach....but we must not forget there are also many SUNNIS who insult etc too....

Everyone needs to calm down and show tolerance and give peace and unity a chance

• Advanced Member

Bruv this was a call to both sects

Yeah, i realised that. Shias are generally more willing to unite and accept sunnis than the other way around. I have first hand experience of that. 

Pretty much all shia scholars call for unity, yet sunni scholars come out with some utter tripe. For instance i was watching Ummah Channel (828 on Sky - i'm sure you must have watched it being in the UK). It is meant to be a sufi type of channel, not a wahabi one. There was this mulla on there who was basically saying that Mr Sahih Bukhari dood has said that " do not sit with the shia, do not talk to them, do not bla bla" so we should not go to their houses, visit them, eat with them etc etc coz they are vile. What kind of unity is this? Your own scholars never call for unity, so how can we be united. If your scholars want unity then there will be unity - your scholars have a great influence over their people, but they use to to deceive them rather than guide. What else can be expected from them though?

I agree, the average sunni guy and the average shia should be united. I have no problem with that. I think that should happen - i've got plenty of sunni friends and we just accept each other. But on the other hand there are others that will not even say salaam to me because i am a shia.

• Veteran Member

If unity needs to be established, then we need to stop talking about history for one! Secondly, these kind of forums also have to change as well, because if these kind of forums promote discussion of sahabas then unity will not be established! Unity requires changes. If we are willing to remain silent on the Issue that are so dear to us, then maybe we can unite.

Assalaamu alaikum everybody

Good efforts, simply i would like to say: people who have taken the self contract for Sahaba ajma'een and Ahle Bait e at'haar are not themselfes perfect as mentioned in hadiths about wordly scholars, i simply used to think i'am sunni and respect all then why Ahle Bait e at'haar still loves me comes in my dreams if i'am on wrong path ! plz any wahabi salafi don't try to interpriet dreams according to your boss yazeed's logic.

Jazak Allah shukran to all

• Advanced Member

Alhamdulilah, the importance of a mind that is oriented toward honest, kind debate and discussion is immeasurable. Surely, the most important thing to remember in this issue of Sunni-Shia is that these different ideas do not render us any less open brothers and sisters in Islam, enthusiasm should exist for this type of discussion for, just as your video said, the Muslims have bickered and complained while separating from each other based on race, tribe, school of thought, etc.

Meanwhile, we see Muslims all over fleeing, dying, and starving. May Allah grant those minds oriented in such a fashion the most illuminating light that reveal all truths. :)

• Advanced Member

@justTheTruth

I'm not a Quranist, and may I add I didnt get offended by being called a Quranist. Furthermore, I'm not being biased trust me Ive been very crtical of Shia Islam just as I have of Sunni Islam. I must admit I was at a point when I was choosing Sides...(which ive learnt now is not the way)

But if im honest with you im telling you the truth. I've Never hurd Shia Imams Call Sunnis Kafirs but I have hured it the other way around, I merly suggested that this causes friction "You cant Unite against people you consider NON Muslims." So the first step would be for the Sunni Muslims to stand up against Shia Hatered because believe it or not im pretty sure u know this "THEY ARE THE MINORITY"

Myself I am an educated man, it is illogical to expect the first step from the MINORITY. let me give an example:

America vs Sri Lanka ... now who holds the power to end war and to unite America or Sri Lanka any prudent person will say the Majority(America) has the power similar to this situation it takes the Majority which is the Sunnis to take the first step... and that has to be to condem hatred. You cant expect to be in a fight of 1 against 10 and expect the 1 to make the decision for the 10 its illogical...in the real world ratios matter...

BTW about the issues of Islam..Prophet Mohammed pbuh said "Quran Ahlulabayt never go astray" ... now thats the standard me reaching the sunnah will be judged upon ... this doesnt mean I reject hadith which seems Logical but it is the standard which has been set...studying law has shown me when you quote something different from what has been written something is wrong...no double meanings... Im just a Muslim...who got close to Islam when he hurd how Hussain was so passionate about his Grandfathers Religion that he would give his head insted of his hand...that made me open the book straight away.... (this doesnt make me a Shia btw) just a Muslim...

Edited by IgnoranceDiffers4rmLogic

Yeah, i realised that. Shias are generally more willing to unite and accept sunnis than the other way around. I have first hand experience of that.

Pretty much all shia scholars call for unity, yet sunni scholars come out with some utter tripe. For instance i was watching Ummah Channel (828 on Sky - i'm sure you must have watched it being in the UK). It is meant to be a sufi type of channel, not a wahabi one. There was this mulla on there who was basically saying that Mr Sahih Bukhari dood has said that " do not sit with the shia, do not talk to them, do not bla bla" so we should not go to their houses, visit them, eat with them etc etc coz they are vile. What kind of unity is this? Your own scholars never call for unity, so how can we be united. If your scholars want unity then there will be unity - your scholars have a great influence over their people, but they use to to deceive them rather than guide. What else can be expected from them though?

I agree, the average sunni guy and the average shia should be united. I have no problem with that. I think that should happen - i've got plenty of sunni friends and we just accept each other. But on the other hand there are others that will not even say salaam to me because i am a shia.

Bruv in trying to unite the average shia sunni .....I'm trying to start some thing big and new...

If unity needs to be established, then we need to stop talking about history for one! Secondly, these kind of forums also have to change as well, because if these kind of forums promote discussion of sahabas then unity will not be established! Unity requires changes. If we are willing to remain silent on the Issue that are so dear to us, then maybe we can unite.

Very true

@justTheTruth

I'm not a Quranist, and may I add I didnt get offended by being called a Quranist. Furthermore, I'm not being biased trust me Ive been very crtical of Shia Islam just as I have of Sunni Islam. I must admit I was at a point when I was choosing Sides...(which ive learnt now is not the way)

But if im honest with you im telling you the truth. I've Never hurd Shia Imams Call Sunnis Kafirs but I have hured it the other way around, I merly suggested that this causes friction "You cant Unite against people you consider NON Muslims." So the first step would be for the Sunni Muslims to stand up against Shia Hatered because believe it or not im pretty sure u know this "THEY ARE THE MINORITY"

Myself I am an educated man, it is illogical to expect the first step from the MINORITY. let me give an example:

America vs Sri Lanka ... now who holds the power to end war and to unite America or Sri Lanka any prudent person will say the Majority(America) has the power similar to this situation it takes the Majority which is the Sunnis to take the first step... and that has to be to condem hatred. You cant expect to be in a fight of 1 against 10 and expect the 1 to make the decision for the 10 its illogical...in the real world ratios matter...

BTW about the issues of Islam..Prophet Mohammed pbuh said "Quran Ahlulabayt never go astray" ... now thats the standard me reaching the sunnah will be judged upon ... this doesnt mean I reject hadith which seems Logical but it is the standard which has been set...studying law has shown me when you quote something different from what has been written something is wrong...no double meanings... Im just a Muslim...who got close to Islam when he hurd how Hussain was so passionate about his Grandfathers Religion that he would give his head insted of his hand...that made me open the book straight away.... (this doesnt make me a Shia btw) just a Muslim...

You said you wernt sunni or Shia so I took it that you don't follow hadith since the biggest difference between the two are hadith...hence a quranist

After the sparkle of fitna by creating the thread about abu bakr, umar and usman now you turn 180 degrees. And how do people unite? We all cime at one place or i have to be online or how, tell me. Dont tell me we have to stop hating each other, i dont hate you. Are we united now? And no I am not acting a fool

• Advanced Member

@justTheTruth..

Word of advice..you cant go around telling people what they are Im a Muslim...you cant just associate this title to me of a "Quranist". How can you ask for unity and then give titles, this would just cause friction, but im not that type of guy I feel a sense of arrogance, that you think you have the ability to give people titles. Dont worry brother im just letting you know in future some might take offence. For example:

"Im a Black Male" and then you tell me noo "Your a Black British Male", why must u add a title to myself which I dont associate Im a "Muslim".

If im honest with you I find that people who come to the Religion of Islam see these issues that disunite the two groups in a different light. For example, I found it very strange when lots of my Sunni & Shia friends showed me contradictions in The Bible and when it came to Hadith my Shia friends started pointing out contradictions in Hadith but my Sunni friends were like you cant do that. It was a bit of double standards because they were ripping the bible apart with contradictions at the time, but took offence when it come to there own literature "ive never understood this". However, the main point is my friends are Shia and Sunni we all learn to agree to disagree, and thats what the both sides need to do. Also the generalisations need to stop.....

"Not every Shia beats himself, not every Shia Curses just as Not every Sunni is a terrorist"

Yes there are sects with in Shiaism that would lead you to become a person who holds these extereme views which cause hatered...but the majority arent..

Just as there are sects with in Sunnism that would lead you to come a person who hold exterme view which causes terrorism...but the majority arent...

Unity -

1. Sunnis need to condem hatred towards Shia

2. Learn to agree to disagree

3. Stop Generalising

Im so glad that Allah swt gave me friends that have shown me both sides and I know excatly how to not get dragged into it.

After the sparkle of fitna by creating the thread about abu bakr, umar and usman now you turn 180 degrees. And how do people unite? We all cime at one place or i have to be online or how, tell me. Dont tell me we have to stop hating each other, i dont hate you. Are we united now? And no I am not acting a fool

Salams dear brother hope you are well...

I done the 180 turn for the sake of the ummah....you want to know how to unite???easy...support this thread and you will see the outcome..as for whether you should do it online or meet up well then us sunni and shia use online to stir up trouble between ourselves via google youtube and blogs and not forgetting forums....so the question is why is it so hard to use these very tools youtube etc for the sake of unity...

@justTheTruth..

Word of advice..you cant go around telling people what they are Im a Muslim...you cant just associate this title to me of a "Quranist". How can you ask for unity and then give titles, this would just cause friction, but im not that type of guy I feel a sense of arrogance, that you think you have the ability to give people titles. Dont worry brother im just letting you know in future some might take offence. For example:

"Im a Black Male" and then you tell me noo "Your a Black British Male", why must u add a title to myself which I dont associate Im a "Muslim".

If im honest with you I find that people who come to the Religion of Islam see these issues that disunite the two groups in a different light. For example, I found it very strange when lots of my Sunni & Shia friends showed me contradictions in The Bible and when it came to Hadith my Shia friends started pointing out contradictions in Hadith but my Sunni friends were like you cant do that. It was a bit of double standards because they were ripping the bible apart with contradictions at the time, but took offence when it come to there own literature "ive never understood this". However, the main point is my friends are Shia and Sunni we all learn to agree to disagree, and thats what the both sides need to do. Also the generalisations need to stop.....

"Not every Shia beats himself, not every Shia Curses just as Not every Sunni is a terrorist"

Yes there are sects with in Shiaism that would lead you to become a person who holds these extereme views which cause hatered...but the majority arent..

Just as there are sects with in Sunnism that would lead you to come a person who hold exterme view which causes terrorism...but the majority arent...

Unity -

1. Sunnis need to condem hatred towards Shia

2. Learn to agree to disagree

3. Stop Generalising

Im so glad that Allah swt gave me friends that have shown me both sides and I know excatly how to not get dragged into it.

Salam brother hope you are well

I think you've misunderstood me when I said you're a quranist...it wasn't meant to be an insult otherwise why would I call for unity..,

What I meant was to say that it is impossible to call your self JUST A MUSLIM as we are ALL Muslims...you have to follow an aqidah via hadith to be able to interprete quran read salah etc etc....

All I'm saying is that when you say you're not sunni OR shia then this is NOT possible dear and blessed brother

Edited by Just the truth

http://www.presstv.com/detail/2014/01/12/345180/iran-sunni-cleric-urges-shiasunni-unity/

Get behind unity or jump in bed with the enemies....it's our choice...I choose unity and that's why I no longer post on other threads....

All the info regarding the differences is on the net and there for people to see....so there's no point copy pasting from other websites repeatedly...what we say on these forums has been discussed a million times over, over many years....promote peace love and unity

http://www.introducingislam.org/info/khomunity/title.php

I will be posting tonight on how we can unite FOREVER!!!!

Edited by Just the truth

Nothing. I just feel that it is the sunnis that are ones who are not really interested in unity. Go on, post in anotjer forum and see what response you get, it would be interesting

There are extremists on both sides brother....you have yasser habib and his clan and we have ours..I'm trying to cut through these two clans and unite the ones that are actually interested in uniting...hope you understand where im coming from.

Edited by Just the truth

(bismillah)

(salam) Akhī Abū Zakariyyā

Start a similar thread in the General Discussions subforum.

You may find a wider response.

Unfortunately, this subforum, though called 'Dialogue', has a very embittered history.

It's like walking in no-man's-land with mines blowing and men firing from two parallel lines of trenches.

2014 Muslim world is very very uncannily like 1914 Europe: a bloody, wasteful, meaningless war is on the horizon, which will only end in devastation and fatigue, unless most Muslims channel all efforts to steer this ship away from this course and onto another.

Inshallah, if we be sincere and avoid interpreting the unfolding events through a sectarian lens, and put only the umma as a whole and all that belong to it as the primary goal, we will be able to realise who is fighting for Islām and who against it, and we would all - whether Sunnī and Shīʿa - stand behind him.

That is why many honourable and fair Sunnīs go to Iran and meet with Sayyed Khāmeneʾī, and do not fear the Takfīrīs or what people say, but rather their Lord, who deserves to be feared.

That is why the honourable and fair Shīʿa stand in solidarity with the Palestinians who did the intifāḍa, and I pray the Palestinians do so once again.

(wasalam)

Edited by Jebreil

(bismillah)

(salam) Akhī Abū Zakariyyā

Start a similar thread in the General Discussions subforum.

You may find a wider response.

Unfortunately, this subforum, though called 'Dialogue', has a very embittered history.

It's like walking in no-man's-land with mines blowing and men firing from two parallel lines of trenches.

2014 Muslim world is very very uncannily like 1914 Europe: a bloody, wasteful, meaningless war is on the horizon, which will only end in devastation and fatigue, unless most Muslims channel all efforts to steer this ship away from this course and onto another.

Inshallah, if we be sincere and avoid interpreting the unfolding events through a sectarian lens, and put only the umma as a whole and all that belong to it as the primary goal, we will be able to realise who is fighting for Islām and who against it, and we would all - whether Sunnī and Shīʿa - stand behind him.

That is why many honourable and fair Sunnīs go to Iran and meet with Sayyed Khāmeneʾī, and do not fear the Takfīrīs or what people say, but rather their Lord, who deserves to be feared.

That is why the honourable and fair Shīʿa stand in solidarity with the Palestinians who did the intifāḍa, and I pray the Palestinians do so once again.

(wasalam)

يا أخي جبريل الصبر

All in good time