Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Mzwakhe

Salatul Layl (Asking Forgiveness For 40 Believers)

Rate this topic

Salam Alaykum

when asking for forgiveness of 40 mumins, does nicknames count like 'Pen of Truth', 'Yukapuka', 'Tonks', 'marbles', etc & also what of repitition of the same names tomorrow & day after tomorrow & so forth?

Tx

oops, what of Sunni brothers & sisters & those brothers that are no longer Islamic?

@ amirhosein 88 ;-).

Edited by Mzwakhe

Salam Alaykum

when asking for forgiveness of 40 mumins, does nicknames count like 'Pen of Truth', 'Yukapuka', 'Tonks', 'marbles', etc & also what of repitition of the same names tomorrow & day after tomorrow & so forth?

Tx

Salamun Alaykum. Intention counts more than any thing else. Surely, you can refer to nicknames and most surely Allah is all-aware of what you mean. Of course, mentioning names is not necessary and it is sufficient to say 40 times:

اللهم اغفر للمومنین و المومنات

O Allah! Forgive believing males and females.

Repetition is OK and you can name same people in all nights.

By the way, my nickname (amirhosein) counts as well! Then you can include me in your list as well. lol

oops, what of Sunni brothers & sisters & those brothers that are no longer Islamic?

Bump^^. And what about non-muslims?

Even though it says 40 momins. Are we allowed to include some sunnis and non-muslims? 

Edited by SlaveOfAllah14

Salam Alaykum

Tx

@ amirhosein 88 ;-).

For istaghfar in salat ul layl, only momineen, that is only Shia Muslim. 

Yes you can say "Waiting for Him", Tonks, Pen of Truth and so on. Better to use names but since you know the nicks, I guess intention will count.

You can pray for the same people every time you pray salat ul layl, just like everytime you pray, you make dua for yourself.

Start with yourself, then to your parents if they are Shia, you grand parents if they are Shia, your uncles, aunts, cousins, the scholars, your marja', and you Shia friends.

Please pray for Khanam Tayyaba Bukhari. She is a great asset for shias. She and her family are in danger right now because they are getting threats from Taliban...

That hurts, @ I'tikaf, heart is light, and it just hurts *crying* already did pray 4her & will do again & again!

That hurts, @ I'tikaf, heart is light, and it just hurts *crying* already did pray 4her & will do again & again!

Thank you so much. Khanam has left the country, she is safe but her family is in danger and government is not providing them with security. 

Salamun Alaykum. Intention counts more than any thing else. Surely, you can refer to nicknames and most surely Allah is all-aware of what you mean. Of course, mentioning names is not necessary and it is sufficient to say 40 times:

اللهم اغفر للمومنین و المومنات

O Allah! Forgive believing males and females.

Repetition is OK and you can name same people in all nights.

By the way, my nickname (amirhosein) counts as well! Then you can include me in your list as well. lol

There's some significant point in pronouncing the names, we are ordered to do something and there's for sure a hidden reason for it. Edited by mesbah

There's some significant point in pronouncing the names

Sure.

we are ordered to do something

Not sure. I just wanted to point out that pronouncing the name is not obligatory; rather, to use the general term of "believing men and women" is sufficient. Therefore, it can not be called an "order".

there's for sure a hidden reason for it.

Sure!

Edited by amirhosein_88

Not sure. I just wanted to point out that pronouncing the name is not obligatory; rather, to use the general term of "believing men and women" is sufficient. Therefore, it can not be called an "order".

. مصباح المتهجد ص 136 فِي سِيَاقِ عَمَلِ قُنُوتِ الْوَتْرِ: وَ يُسْتَحَبُّ أَنْ يَذْكُرَ أَرْبَعِينَ‏ نَفْساً فَمَا زَادَ عَلَيْهِمْ فَإِنَّ مَنْ فَعَلَ ذَلِكَ اسْتُجِيبَتْ دَعْوَتُهُ إِنْ شَاءَ تَعَالَى وَ يَدْعُوَ بِمَا أَحَب

in Islamic and shia jurisprudence, "order" has a wider sense than just obligation, sometimes it has been used for mustahhabaat, as you know better.

yes, mentioning  the general term of "believing men and women"  is recommended too, but that's an independent issue. if we are not aware of something, we don't have the right to blend and mix different cases, general mentioning and specific mentioning each has their own share of effect and significance.

btw, when  mentioning  the general term of "believing men and women" plz place me among you intentions!

Edited by mesbah

Please pray for Khanam Tayyaba Bukhari. She is a great asset for shias. She and her family are in danger right now because they are getting threats from Taliban...

She is INSHALLAH in my prayers. :( 

May Allah(SWT) keep her and her family safe. Ameen.