Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
ShiaChat.com
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Western Media Influence On Non Western Ppl, How?

Rate this topic

(bismillah)

(salam)

Dear Brothers and Sisters,

What is it about the western media that influences or used to influence so many people around the globe? There are so many different countries with many different news stations, in many languages. Why do many easily fall for what Cnn or Bbc are reporting and automatically take it as fact? When Syria happend, all of the western media outlets went into persuasion mode but others like RT and Press TV remained independent. Keep in mind I am not refering to the people in the western countries such as the United States or the United Kingdom, but the people who have little connection to those parts. The Independents in a way. How so much infleunce on them?

(wasalam)

• Advanced Member

In my opinion Western Media is dying. The internet is setting minds free.

However, the "mass media" in the sense of movies, pop culture, mainstream western news, etc. is very seductive and powerful because lots of intelligent, money-hungry, power-hungry people have deep experience with it. They use profound psychological tactics ruthlessly. They know how to manipulate the subconscious mind, inflame desires for sex and materialism, play on status anxiety, and so on.

A good documentary on mass media and psychological maipulation is "The Century of the Self." I recommend it.

Edited by Blueline