Sign in to follow this  
Pearl178

How Many People Actually Wake Up To Pray?

Rate this topic

personally i had to ask my mother  to wake me up for salat alfajr in the beggining ..years ago..and it was hard like nothing else for me to get up in the middle of my sweet dreams..she kept doing that until one day she didn't for some reason,but that day i jumped out of bed on time and did the prayer ..i don't know how...and since that day (thanks to my great mother) it became a habit or a 'great important wajib that i must do'  even if i go to sleep late..now i sometimes wake up with azan..and  i wake my husband up until hopefully he will be able to do it for himself some day.. ^_^

Thanks to everyone who to took the time to reply and for the great advice given by you all...inshaAllah I will change my ways and become a better muslim, waking up to pray is going to be a mission but i am determined to make it a habit inshaAlla.

If I can wake up for school and work but not for Allah, shame on me. I make it a priority.

Nailed it. This line been going through my head all day and i have been feeling reall guilty...thanks for drilling it in i really needed to hear this!

Whatever you do, don't go to sleep too late, as it will make it much more difficult to get up. Once you get used to it, it becomes easier.

Also, with your alarm, make sure it is really loud. Do not allow yourself to hit 'snooze'.

Just keep a few hadith regarding the importance of Salaat in mind and i'm sure it will prove to be effiective:

The Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him and his progeny) said: “The first thing that Allah made obligatory upon my Ummah was the five prayers; and the first thing from their acts of worship that shall be taken up will be the five prayers; and the first thing that they will be questioned about will be the five prayers.” 
Kanzul `Ummal, Volume 7, Tradition 18859

The Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him and his progeny) said: “Whenever the time of each prayer arrives, an Angel announces to the people: (O’ People!)  Stand up and extinguish, with prayers, the fire which you have set alight for yourselves.” 

Biharul Anwar, Volume 82, Page 209

Imam Al-Baqir (peace be upon him) has said: “Allah’s remembrance of ‘people who pray’ is greater and superior to their remembrance of Him.  Do you not observe that He has said (in the Noble Qur’an): {Remember Me and I shall remember you.}”1  

Biharul Anwar, Volume 82, Page 199

The Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him and his progeny) has said: “One who considers the prayers to be insignificant and trivial is not from me.  By Allah!  He shall never come close to me at the pool of Kauthar.” 

Biharul Anwar, Volume 82, Page 224

The Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him and his progeny) has said: “Prayer is the pillar of your religion and one who intentionally forsakes his prayer has destroyed his religion.  And one who does not guard the times of the prayers, shall be made to enter ‘Wayl’, which is a valley in Hell, as Allah, the Exalted, has said: “So woe to the praying ones, who are unmindful of their prayers.”1

Biharul Anwar, Volume 82, Page 202

The Noble Prophet (peace be upon him and his progeny) has said: “Do not abandon your prayers intentionally for surely the obligations of Allah and His Messenger cease to cover one who forsakes his prayers intentionally.” 
Kanzul `Ummal, Volume 7, Tradition 19096

http://www.al-islam.org/forty-ahadith-on-salat

Asalaam Alaikum

I'm confused, isn't that were supposed to do? One of the 5 pillars? Is namaaz? When the alarm clocks rings and you just want to sleep, think of the times you've asked Allah (SWT) for anything,

Fajr salat time mostly spans roughly 90 minutes. If you are a beginner, you don't have to wake up at the 1st time of Fajr. You can wake up anytime before sunrise and after start of Fajr time to pray the 2 raka'.

Say the Fajr time starts in your area at 5:30AM and sunrise is at 7:00AM, you can wake up at 6:45, fifteen minutes before sunrise to pray.

Praying as soon as Fajr time starts is extremely recommended but not wajib. 

Most people wake up for fake, don't think that people don't this will just make you lazier.

Put an alarm on your mobile and roll it under your quilt. Make sure the vibration in also on. Set the alarm at exact fajr time not any sooner otherwise This would make you procrastinate. As soon as you hear the alarm or feel it, either take off the quilt or just stand up.

I also cant wake up for fajar prayer but when I increase my ibadat and start av0iding sins then aut0matically my eyes opens at azan. And I get en0ugh spiritual p0wer to pray. ' so i will advice u ' less sins _ m0re ibadat ' ..

And there is a funny thing. I, as a sunni believe that if u cant make urself wakeup for fajar then order ur thumb or ur hand to wake u up & at azan your hand or thumb will start shaking lol i tried it, its funny but little frightening. 1 thing m0re tell jins to wake u up .. I never tried it. :-D

I also cant wake up for fajar prayer but when I increase my ibadat and start av0iding sins then aut0matically my eyes opens at azan. And I get en0ugh spiritual p0wer to pray. ' so i will advice u ' less sins _ m0re ibadat ' ..

And there is a funny thing. I, as a sunni believe that if u cant make urself wakeup for fajar then order ur thumb or ur hand to wake u up & at azan your hand or thumb will start shaking lol i tried it, its funny but little frightening. 1 thing m0re tell jins to wake u up .. I never tried it. :-D

Stupidity. 

Of course jin would love you to pray because being a Sunni every time you wake up for fajr, you pray your salat in the sunnah of muawiah (and in opposition of the sunnah of Prophet) by hand folded, making haram sajda on a piece of cloth (sajda has to be done on mud or earthen material or straw but not on the fabric), reading surah of Quran without Bismillah and so on.

So Iblees would be calling in parties to have you pray your wrong salat. 

Stupidity.

Of course jin would love you to pray because being a Sunni every time

you wake up for fajr, you pray your salat in the sunnah of muawiah (and

in opposition of the sunnah of Prophet) by hand folded, making haram

sajda on a piece of cloth (sajda has to be done on mud or earthen

material or straw but not on the fabric), reading surah of Quran without

Bismillah and so on.

So Iblees would be calling in parties to have you pray your wrong salat.

hahaha no bro, Only muslim jins will help u to pray. N0t only jins but angels also help in that matter. My br0ther tries it with both jins & malaika. Heheh i kn0w its stupid but a kind advice. No? :-D

I have been struggling so much to disturb my sleep and wake up to pray the 2 rakaa's...any advice? Every night before I sleep I make the niyaa to wake up but it rarely happens...when that alarm rings shaytaan really messes with me and I cant wake up so just end up as usual making it up when i wake up....to be honest i have hardly met anyone who keeps up with fajr prayer, almost everyone I know prayers it qadhaa. Any advice would be great...

I also always say that I would be really angry is my future husband is careless and doesnt wake up to pray, does this make me a hypocrite? :S How many people here pray fajr on time and makde it a habit? 

(bismillah)

(salam) sister

One thing that helped me was to sleep earlier. I usually go to sleep at 10-11PM and try at least to wake up few minutes before Fajr prayer begins. Of course this is not always the case. Sometimes when I'm very tired I take some rest and then try to wake up for Fajr prayer. I don't want to do my prayers in "sleep drunk". I usually tend to sleep about 6-8 hours.