Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Are Volumized Hijabs Haram?

Rate this topic

meshad

• Advanced Member

(salam)

I would like to know the Hadith reagrding Hijab with humps and volume. Is it really haram? One of friends is having hard time to maintain hijab as she  loves to dressing up with volume and also she have long hair, so her hair bun is also messy. now she is under depression as she heard humps and volume are not allowed. Please enlighten me with quoting hadith with refrence please.

Thanks in advance.  ^_^

• Advanced Member

(Bismillah)

Alsalam alaykom

As Pearl said it depends if she does it on purpose. Putting things under her hijab or styling her hair so it makes it look like she has more on purpose is pointless and completely goes against hijab. She should ask herself why she likes to have volume. It might be best to tuck her hair in her shirt instead of thing it up and creating a huge bump.

Also have a read of this:

http://www.revertshiamuslimah.com/2013/07/understanding-hijab.html?m=1

Wa alaykom alsalam

• Veteran Member

yes, its depend upon niyyah. but this is a topic discuss every where. as girls love to make their hijab beautiful. so they use beautiful large hijab pins, make volume and etc. but i think, doing so makes their purpose of hijab no more. 

I agree,,nowadays the hijabs worn totally defy the purpose of it and men actually get attracted to hijabis more than non-hijabis simply because of all the editting and formating we are doing on the hijab rules

• Veteran Member

Like most people have said, your niyya is most important. I think often though people arent actually particularly aware of what their intention is. There is a lot of insecurity about, sometimes that shows in a woman plumping up her head scarf, sometimes it shows in people exressing intolerant, self righteous and extremist views on forums.

Ask your friend to sit and examine the reasons for her plumping. She could gradually reduce it and if she experiences anxiety or low self esteem feelings she could examine those and challange the beliefs that they rest on.

• Advanced Member

this all depends on how much volume you apply on your head, if its just a little bit that stops your head from looking too flat, or if you have short hair, then its OK to put in a moderate amount. However if you make yourself look like a two headed freak with a gazillion gamboo3as inside your hijab, its definitely not permissible. Also, i cant recall the exact wording, but there was a Hadith from the prophet that stated that the end of time will indicate when women from his ummah will make there head look like a camel's hump (the gamboo3a crisis happening nowadays)

• Advanced Member

Alsalam alikum,

I  asked an alim about a narration that I read and here is his answer: ( It is in an Arabic, I hope that someone translates it to English, as I can't do this).

المسألة:

عن أبي عبد الله ، عن أبيه ، عن آبائه عليهم السلام قال : قال رسول الله (ص) : لا يحل لامرأة إذا هي حاضت أن تتخذ قصة ولا جمة.

ما المقصود بالقصة والجمة؟:

الجواب (أجاب عنها: سماحة الشيخ محمد صنقور:

وردت هذه الرواية في كتاب الكافي للكليني ورواها الشيخ الصدوق بسندٍ معتبر عن السكوني عن أبي عبد الله (ع) قال: قال رسول الله (ص) : "لا يحل لامرأة حاضت أن تتخذ قصة ولا جمة"(1).

والمراد من القُصَّة بضمِّ القاف هو شعر الناصية -أي مقدَّم شعر الرأس- يتمُّ ابرازه بعد قصِّ شيءٍ من الشعر النابت حول الناصية فيبرز شعر الناصية بعد تسويته ويقع شيءٌ منه على الجبهة فيكون ذلك من وسائل الزينة للمرأة.

والمراد من الجُمَّة بضمِّ الجميم هو جمع الشعر المتدلي على المنكبين في أعلى الرأس بحيث يكون بارزاً من وراء القماش الذي تضعه المرأة على رأسها تفعل ذلك للزينة.

وعليه فمعنى الرواية هو انَّ المرأة إذا حاضت -أي إذا بلغت مبلغ النساء- فعليها أن تترك الإظهار للقصة والجمَّة أمام الناظر الأجنبي، لأنَّه من الزينة، ففعل ذلك وإنْ لم يكن منهيَّاً عنه في ظرف الصبى وقبل البلوغ ولكنَّه منهيٌّ عنه بعد البلوغ إلا انَّ النهي ليس على اطلاقه فللمرأة أن تتزيَّن بذلك في بيتها أو أمام زوجها، نعم هي منهية عن فعل القصة حين يكون ذلك في معرض النظر من قِبل الناظر الأجنبي.

وقد ورد النهي عن ذلك في روايات أخرى كمعتبرة السكوني، عن أبي عبد الله (ع) قال:"إن أمير المؤمنين (ع) نهى عن القنازع والقصص ونقش الخضاب على الراحة"(2) وقال: "إنما هلكت نساء بني إسرائيل من قبل القصص ونقش الخضاب"(3).

ورواية الجعفريات عن علي (ع)، ان رسول الله (ص) قال: "ليس لامرأة حاضت ان تتخذ قصة ولا جمة"(4).

فالمراد من النهي في هذه الروايات هو اظهار التزيُّن بمثل القصَّة والجمَّة أمام الناظر الأجنبي.

1- الكافي - الشيخ الكليني - ج 5 ص 520.

2- الكافي - الشيخ الكليني - ج 5 ص 520.

3- الكافي - الشيخ الكليني - ج 5 ص 520.

4- مستدرك الوسائل - ميرزا حسين النوري الطبرسي - ج 2 ص 37.

Edited by Zahra1

• 4 weeks later...
  • Advanced Member

The hadith: Allah’s Messenger (peace and blessings be upon him) said: There will be in the last of my ummah, scantily dressed women, the hair on the top of their heads like a camel’s hump. Curse them, for verily they are cursed. [At-Tabarani and Sahih Muslim]

Edited by hersheyskisses