Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
saberrider

To Shia Muslims - What Sunni Beliefs Frustrate You

Rate this topic

Salaam to everyone.

I am a Sunni Hanafi Muslim. I have had discussion with my friends on topics relating to sects in Islam and all, and how we differ in beliefs.

I wanted to take the opportunity here and openly ask what beliefs or practices of Sunnis frustrate Shias or not comprehend them ?

Thank you.

Salaam to everyone.

I am a Sunni Hanafi Muslim. I have had discussion with my friends on topics relating to sects in Islam and all, and how we differ in beliefs.

I wanted to take the opportunity here and openly ask what beliefs or practices of Sunnis frustrate Shias or not comprehend them ?

Thank you.

There is no belief of Sunni that is frustrating to Shia. You can believe however you want to believe. We comprehend every one of the Sunni beliefs, but we do not agree with all of them.

Some common beliefs we don't accept are

1) Prophet Muhammad S.A.W could not read.

We believe he could read and had more knowledge than any human being in this universe because that was bestowed upon him by Allah

2) The Prophet's family( Ahlul Bayt) sinned

We do not believe his household which includes, Imam Ali A.S, Imam Hasan A.S., Imam Hussain A.S., Bibi Fatima A.S sinned.

Imagine this scenario. The greatest Prophet and human being living in a house of sinners?? Can you imagine him constantly having to lecture those in his house about what not to do, not to sin. It wouldn't make sense

Quran 33:33 "And abide in your houses and do not display yourselves as [was] the display of the former times of ignorance. And establish prayer and give zakah and obey Allah and His Messenger. Allah intends only to remove from you the impurity [of sin], O people of the [Prophet's] household, and to purify you with [extensive] purification."

3) Aisha fought with Ahlul Bayt( household of Prophet)

This speaks for itself. It is accepted by Shia and Sunni who was on the path of righteous in this dispute Aisha had with Imam Ali A.S.

A virtuous person does not go against righteousness

4) Muawiya

Sunni love Muawiya who was an enemy of Islam, and also ordered Imam Ali A.S. to be cursed for more than a 100 years in every mosque after prayer.

5) " The Prophet is delirious" was said by Umar when Rasool Allah S.A.W asked for a pen and paper and did not get it to him. Sunnis love Umar.

There are some other things but this is a significant portion of it.

what beliefs or practices of Sunnis frustrate Shias or not comprehend them ?

Wa alaikum salam

"Sahih" books of hadith which include horrendous narrations that turn people against Islam and make our beautiful religion a source of derision.

wa alaikum salam wa rahmatullah.. Welcome to the forum.. Hope you have a blessed time here. Well, I believe no muslim should be at odds with other fellow muslims.. And no sunni and shia beliefs frustrate me.. And if you are a revert Muslim and/or never met Muslims of other denominations before, I would suggest studying commonalities first and focusing on spiritual growth.. In time, you can dive into theological, historical and jurisprudential matters.. ma salam

Edited by HamzaTR

Salaam to everyone.

Thank you.

(wasalam)

To narrow down the list of frustrating practices to just one; Cutting heads.

Salam Alaykum my brother, it seems you are new here, and with this controversial topic, anyways, here is my list:

1) Love for Muawiyah.

He did wrong, he was wrong in fighting the Caliph of his time: Ali ibn Abi Talib (as), and he did so in a despicable manner by putting Quranic verses everywhere.

He broke Imam Hassan's treaty, every single count, was a self-righteous Scumbag Steve of his time, he did a lot wrong, but yet he is highly respected somehow.

2) Over-rating Khalid ibn Waleed as some great warrior. 

The man was good at battle, yes I know, did good in a number of battles like Mutah and Uhud. However he did run away from the battle of Hunayn, when the enemy was charging on him, he panicked, and failed as a general.

Then he famously said that he is thirsty from some blood to the Romans, and raped Layla bint al-Minhal after executing his husband, who happened to be a Sahabi of the Prophet (pbuh)

If he was such an esteemed general, why did Umar kick him out?

I mean Umar had 'the best general in history' at his disposal, yet he kicked him out, which shows either Umar was wrong to dismiss such a war-general that any leader would only dream of, or that he [Khalid ibn Waleed] was a tyrant, a self-claimed 'blood-thirsty' tyrant that is.

He happens to have a lot of fanboys today as well, likening him to Genghis Khan and as such, they may need to re-educate themselves in history however.

3) Belief that all of the Sahaba are the best and will be in Jannah.

Yes they were good, or even awesome, examples of how Blial al-Habashi and Salam al-Farsi was freed, and the passion from which Badr was fought is enough proof. Those times were hard, the migration from Makkah to Medina was harsh, yet with true motivation and belief in Allah, a lot was achieved. However, bad happened after the Prophet's death, the Sahaba rose and killed each other (see Muawiyah, and his likes), therefore the belief that all Sahaba go to Jannah even though they were killing each other in their wordily life, as a test shows how weird the notion is.

4) Belief that the Prophet contemplated suicide

This shows that the Prophet wasn't as good of a leader, or lost hope, which was never the case

5) Attaching human-like parts to Allah

No, just no, He is beyond of it all, He has no limits.

6) The triple talak rule:

This cannot be comprehended, even on TV the Sheikh explains it by saying the said words thrice in a context, and claiming the words are applicable with regards or regardless of any context, by which he just divorced his wife, does not make sense. 

7) The idea of terrorism, and all the Takfiri sentiments.

This is not applicable to the majority of Sunnis ofcourse, yet all the support for groups who carry out mass-takfir, suicide bombing, and all sorts of savagery is just despicable to say the least.

So in the end, I differ more on history than actual theological issues.

Edited by GreyMatter

Alaikum As-Salam wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatu, I wouldn't say some Sunni belief frustrates me. I had a discussion with an Ahle Sunnah friend once about Abi Safiyyan, whom he believes was a righteous man. I disagree with him though, I believe Abi Safiyyan was a tyrant.

Sunni beliefs are different from Shia but they never frustrate us, Although Wahabi beliefs and rulings do frustrate who think about them carefully.

They have the belief that whoever disagrees with them on a small secondary ruling of Islam is kafir, and for that reason they killed so many Sunni Muslims in Saudi Arabia as soon as they came to power. For the same reason they kill Shia Muslims right now, and just for this reason they kill different sect of each other in Syria!

This is the worst belief that they have and it's what keep them paid by Kuffar, Jews and any enemy of Islam.

There are some beliefs in Sunni Islam that differ from Shia - but not frustrating. The main ones are what follows:

1. The way the substitute of prophet is chosen, by Allah (like he chooses the prophet himself) or by the will of the people (like what happened with Abi Bakr)
  2. The way we think about Sahaba, the colleagues of prophet, Were they fallible like normal people (as could be observed by calling each other fasiq or by opposing the prophet from time to time) or were they infallible (as the made-up Sunni hadith states)

Other differences could be referred to these two.

I hope it helps.

And by the way, why did you ask?

- Trying to give importance much to companions rather to Family of Prophet Muhammad. In now days i can see people trying to cover Ahlulbait by replacing it with Sunnah. So it sound like Follow Quran and Sunnah (The sunnah is taking what companions heared and witnessed).

- Sunni Rijal

- Innovations

- Tawheed

Edited by Dhulfikar

- Trying to give importance much to companions rather to Family of Prophet Muhammad. In now days i can see people trying to cover Ahlulbait by replacing it with Sunnah. So it sound like Follow Quran and Sunnah (The sunnah is taking what companions heared and witnessed).

- Sunni Rijal

- Innovations

- Tawheed

Tawheed? Is that a bad thing? Tawheed is to believe in the oneness of Allah.

Tawheed? Is that a bad thing? Tawheed is to believe in the oneness of Allah.

It is big thing when they have a belief that contradict this verse "And there is none like unto Him." Sunnis tend to belief that they will see Allah ÓÈÍÇäå æÊÚÇáì, by this belief they actually limited Allah ÓÈÍÇäå æÊÚÇáì by the creation limitations. If Allah gives them new eyes to see Him, it is means that the new eye is creation, and thus they will see Allah trought the creation. When we know that none can comprehend Him, not even his creations.

Imam al-Rida said, ‘The very first step to Allah’s worship is to attain inner knowledge of Him, and the origin of attaining inner knowledge of Allah, Exalted be His Praise, is through His divine Unity (Tawheed). The very basis of His divine Unity is to negate any kind of limitation from Him, since the intellects are able to witness that every limited being is created.
Edited by Dhulfikar

1. The way the substitute of prophet is chosen, by Allah (like he chooses the prophet himself) or by the will of the people (like what happened with Abi Bakr)

let me polish it a little!

he was not chosen by people, there was not any consensus, we know for sure that Imam Ali and lady Fatima (as)  and some other great sahaba (companions) like: Salman and Abuzar and Mighdaad and Ammaar, were against it. it was more like a coup than a consensus of Islamic nation.

what is like a joke to me is that why prophet of Allah (pbuh)  and the seal of his messengers  (as)  could not appoint a successor but Abubakr could? as he appointed Umar.  

Edited by mesbah

(salam)

1. Believing God can be seen, sitting on a throne, having body parts
  2. That God's guidance stops with having representatives on this earth, after Muhammad A.S, when in the quran it says contrary, that God will always have and choose a caliph on this earth.
  3. Thinking the quran is enough
  4. Making companions above the prophet and his family a.s.
  5. Making the companions infallible.
  6. Enjoining Good and Evil, loving the enemies of the prophet and killers of the ahlulbayt
  7. Bringing Bid'ha in this religion, giving authority to anyone while it should be chosen by Allah. No where in the quran Allah tells man to choose his representatives
  8. Believing in total predestination
  9. Believing the same prophets and messengers who brought forth Allah's perfect religion made sins and mistakes.
  10. Believing the best creation of Allah, Muhammad a.s, turning from blind man, contemplating suicide, got affected by magic....
  11. Taking the quran as literal when it is not
  12. Your bias rijal system
  13. shia killings and hate
  14. Usurping the rights of the ahlulbayt
  15. believing the first 3 are legendary people above Ali A.S

just some for now. ill add more probably later.

(wasalam)

Edited by PureEthics

1. Enjoining Good and Evil, loving the enemies of the prophet and killers of the ahlulbayt

The worst thing is that they think Ahlulbait forgive them or they repent of what they did, so they must be right and respected people.

Edited by Dhulfikar

^ are you serious akhI? :o our fellow sunni brothers believe in total predestination?

I wouldn't say all, but many who just say, for example, everything that has happened Allah willed it. ie Imam Hussain's death, 3 caliphs... They try and justify the positions of the companions by saying since Allah willed it, it must be the best. There is also subsets in Sunni Islam that believe that.

I still wonder why you asked?

Salaam to everyone.

Thank you.

There is no belief of Sunni that is frustrating to Shia. You can believe however you want to believe. We comprehend every one of the Sunni beliefs, but we do not agree with all of them.

Some common beliefs we don't accept are

1) Prophet Muhammad S.A.W could not read.

We believe he could read and had more knowledge than any human being in this universe because that was bestowed upon him by Allah

2) The Prophet's family( Ahlul Bayt) sinned

We do not believe his household which includes, Imam Ali A.S, Imam Hasan A.S., Imam Hussain A.S., Bibi Fatima A.S sinned.

Imagine this scenario. The greatest Prophet and human being living in a house of sinners?? Can you imagine him constantly having to lecture those in his house about what not to do, not to sin. It wouldn't make sense

Quran 33:33 "And abide in your houses and do not display yourselves as [was] the display of the former times of ignorance. And establish prayer and give zakah and obey Allah and His Messenger. Allah intends only to remove from you the impurity [of sin], O people of the [Prophet's] household, and to purify you with [extensive] purification."

3) Aisha fought with Ahlul Bayt( household of Prophet)

This speaks for itself. It is accepted by Shia and Sunni who was on the path of righteous in this dispute Aisha had with Imam Ali A.S.

A virtuous person does not go against righteousness

4) Muawiya

Sunni love Muawiya who was an enemy of Islam, and also ordered Imam Ali A.S. to be cursed for more than a 100 years in every mosque after prayer.

5) " The Prophet is delirious" was said by Umar when Rasool Allah S.A.W asked for a pen and paper and did not get it to him. Sunnis love Umar.

There are some other things but this is a significant portion of it.

Thank you for your answer. I can only speak for myself here. I grew up as a Sunni Barelvi.

"Prophet Muhammad S.A.W could not read."

It's our belief that he had no formal education, but I havent heard anything about him not being able to read.

Ever since I have come to know about the incidents that took place in Hazrat Ali's (R.A) Caliphate, I dont hate Muawiya or neither see him as a "hero". He is a controversial figure. But again, I can't speak for all the Sunni sects and mindsets.

Edited by saberrider

Salam Alaykum my brother, it seems you are new here, and with this controversial topic, anyways, here is my list:

1) Love for Muawiyah.

He did wrong, he was wrong in fighting the Caliph of his time: Ali ibn Abi Talib (as), and he did so in a despicable manner by putting Quranic verses everywhere.

He broke Imam Hassan's treaty, every single count, was a self-righteous Scumbag Steve of his time, he did a lot wrong, but yet he is highly respected somehow.

2) Over-rating Khalid ibn Waleed as some great warrior. 

The man was good at battle, yes I know, did good in a number of battles like Mutah and Uhud. However he did run away from the battle of Hunayn, when the enemy was charging on him, he panicked, and failed as a general.

Then he famously said that he is thirsty from some blood to the Romans, and raped Layla bint al-Minhal after executing his husband, who happened to be a Sahabi of the Prophet (pbuh)

If he was such an esteemed general, why did Umar kick him out?

I mean Umar had 'the best general in history' at his disposal, yet he kicked him out, which shows either Umar was wrong to dismiss such a war-general that any leader would only dream of, or that he [Khalid ibn Waleed] was a tyrant, a self-claimed 'blood-thirsty' tyrant that is.

He happens to have a lot of fanboys today as well, likening him to Genghis Khan and as such, they may need to re-educate themselves in history however.

3) Belief that all of the Sahaba are the best and will be in Jannah.

Yes they were good, or even awesome, examples of how Blial al-Habashi and Salam al-Farsi was freed, and the passion from which Badr was fought is enough proof. Those times were hard, the migration from Makkah to Medina was harsh, yet with true motivation and belief in Allah, a lot was achieved. However, bad happened after the Prophet's death, the Sahaba rose and killed each other (see Muawiyah, and his likes), therefore the belief that all Sahaba go to Jannah even though they were killing each other in their wordily life, as a test shows how weird the notion is.

4) Belief that the Prophet contemplated suicide

This shows that the Prophet wasn't as good of a leader, or lost hope, which was never the case

5) Attaching human-like parts to Allah

No, just no, He is beyond of it all, He has no limits.

6) The triple talak rule:

This cannot be comprehended, even on TV the Sheikh explains it by saying the said words thrice in a context, and claiming the words are applicable with regards or regardless of any context, by which he just divorced his wife, does not make sense. 

7) The idea of terrorism, and all the Takfiri sentiments.

This is not applicable to the majority of Sunnis ofcourse, yet all the support for groups who carry out mass-takfir, suicide bombing, and all sorts of savagery is just despicable to say the least.

So in the end, I differ more on history than actual theological issues.

Thank you for your answer. I must say, I have never heard this belief ever in my lifetime, that Allah has (nauzibillah) human-like parts, or that he resembles a human being.

And I have also never heard that he thought of committing suicide. Never.

Maybe other Sunni sects believe this. I know I do not. I am hearing both of these beliefs for the first time.

Sunni beliefs are different from Shia but they never frustrate us, Although Wahabi beliefs and rulings do frustrate who think about them carefully.

They have the belief that whoever disagrees with them on a small secondary ruling of Islam is kafir, and for that reason they killed so many Sunni Muslims in Saudi Arabia as soon as they came to power. For the same reason they kill Shia Muslims right now, and just for this reason they kill different sect of each other in Syria!

This is the worst belief that they have and it's what keep them paid by Kuffar, Jews and any enemy of Islam.

There are some beliefs in Sunni Islam that differ from Shia - but not frustrating. The main ones are what follows:

2. The way we think about Sahaba, the colleagues of prophet, Were they fallible like normal people (as could be observed by calling each other fasiq or by opposing the prophet from time to time) or were they infallible (as the made-up Sunni hadith states)

Other differences could be referred to these two.

I hope it helps.

And by the way, why did you ask?

I asked this question because I was curious, Salman Haqiqi. Simple.

The belief that the Prophet (pbuh) was suicidal, bewitched with black magic, and whispered to by Satan. That Satan flowed in his blood, but was afraid to walk on the same side of the road as `Umar.

The belief that Allah has a physical body and physical body parts; visible to the eye on the Day of Judgment.

The belief that those who opposed Abu Bakr were apostates; while those who opposed `Ali (as) get a (ra) after their name.

The belief that those who reject certain Caliphs are kufar and thus worthy of death.

The belief that any person who saw or heard the Prophet (pbuh) is better than the rest of the world, despite any horrendous actions they may have committed.

The attachment to militarism, conquests, suicide bombings, and the "glory days".

Thank you for your answer. I must add, that speaking as a Sunni, I have never heard that the Prophet (PBUH) was suicidal. Maybe other Sunni sects believe this. I am hearing this for the first time.

"The belief that Allah has a physical body and physical body parts" - Again, never heard this before, to the best of my knowledge.

"The belief that those who reject certain Caliphs are kufar and thus worthy of death" - Nope, probably some extremist minded Sunnis believe this, but not every Sunni.

"The belief that any person who saw or heard the Prophet (pbuh) is better than the rest of the world, despite any horrendous actions they may have committed"  - Nope, I think that will be a mistake to believe that.

(salam)

1. Believing God can be seen, sitting on a throne, having body parts
  2. That God's guidance stops with having representatives on this earth, after Muhammad A.S, when in the quran it says contrary, that God will always have and choose a caliph on this earth.
  3. Thinking the quran is enough
  4. Making companions above the prophet and his family a.s.
  5. Making the companions infallible.
  6. Enjoining Good and Evil, loving the enemies of the prophet and killers of the ahlulbayt
  7. Bringing Bid'ha in this religion, giving authority to anyone while it should be chosen by Allah. No where in the quran Allah tells man to choose his representatives
  8. Believing in total predestination
  9. Believing the same prophets and messengers who brought forth Allah's perfect religion made sins and mistakes.
  10. Believing the best creation of Allah, Muhammad a.s, turning from blind man, contemplating suicide, got affected by magic....
  11. Taking the quran as literal when it is not
  12. Your bias rijal system
  13. shia killings and hate
  14. Usurping the rights of the ahlulbayt
  15. believing the first 3 are legendary people above Ali A.S

just some for now. ill add more probably later.

(wasalam)

Thank you for your answer. Just some beliefs of Sunnis you mentioned that I will like to clarify on .

1. Again, I have never heard this, nor this is my belief.

3. Nope, as a Sunni, I believe Sunnah and Quran go together. Maybe some Sunni sects do not believe this.

4. no, that would mean that Holy Prophet (PBUH) is somehow Nauzibillah inferior from the Sahabah. I dont know any Sunni sect that believes this.

5. No, we dont believe this. Atleast not me.

6. How can we as Muslims 'love' the enemies of the Prophet ? I mean, i dont love Yazhid.

9. I am not sure being a Sunni, where we stand on this statement. I have to research on that.

10. Correct me if i am wrong here, but isn't "Sūrat al-ʿAbasa" on this issue ? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abasa

And i havent heard , nor do i believe that he thought of committing suicide.

13. I don't hate Shias. But unfortunately, I cannot say the same for every Sunni out there.

Narrated Aisha: " The prophet(peace be upon him) was bewitched so that he used to think he would have sexual relations with his wives when he didn't. " [sahih Bukhari Volume 7, Book 71, Number 600]

As we all know, black magic(sihr) is from Shiatan. Moreover, a magician would seek help from Shiatan in order to affect the bewitched one by his magic. That being said, I ask you a simple question that is, would Shaitan have the power to possess the prophet?

Now lets look at what the Noble Quran says:

"indeed, he(Iblis) has no power over those who believe and put trust in their Lord. His Power is only over those who befriend him, and those who polytheist in him." [Quran 16:99-100]

"And the wrongdoers say "you follow not but a man affected by magic." [Quran 25:8 ]

Here is another insulting statement against the prophet claimed by your Bukhari where it was written in his book that the prophet wanted to commit suicide after receiving his first revelation from Jibrael :

Narrated Aisha: " Divine inspiration was also paused for a while and the prophet became so sad as we have heard that he intended several times to throw himself from the tops of high mountains"

[bukhari, Volume 9, Book 87, Number 111]

http://www.islamicity.com/mosque/sunnah/bukhari/087.sbt.html

Edited by PureEthics

I asked this question because I was curious, Salman Haqiqi. Simple.

Thank you for your answer. I must add, that speaking as a Sunni, I have never heard that the Prophet (PBUH) was suicidal. Maybe other Sunni sects believe this. I am hearing this for the first time.

"The belief that Allah has a physical body and physical body parts" - Again, never heard this before, to the best of my knowledge.

"The belief that those who reject certain Caliphs are kufar and thus worthy of death" - Nope, probably some extremist minded Sunnis believe this, but not every Sunni.

"The belief that any person who saw or heard the Prophet (pbuh) is better than the rest of the world, despite any horrendous actions they may have committed"  - Nope, I think that will be a mistake to believe that.

You sure you're not a Shia?!

Lol!

Narrated Aisha: " The prophet(peace be upon him) was bewitched so that he used to think he would have sexual relations with his wives when he didn't. " [sahih Bukhari Volume 7, Book 71, Number 600]

As we all know, black magic(sihr) is from Shiatan. Moreover, a magician would seek help from Shiatan in order to affect the bewitched one by his magic. That being said, I ask you a simple question that is, would Shaitan have the power to possess the prophet?

Now lets look at what the Noble Quran says:

"indeed, he(Iblis) has no power over those who believe and put trust in their Lord. His Power is only over those who befriend him, and those who polytheist in him." [Quran 16:99-100]

"And the wrongdoers say "you follow not but a man affected by magic." [Quran 25:8 ]

Here is another insulting statement against the prophet claimed by your Bukhari where it was written in his book that the prophet wanted to commit suicide after receiving his first revelation from Jibrael :

Narrated Aisha: " Divine inspiration was also paused for a while and the prophet became so sad as we have heard that he intended several times to throw himself from the tops of high mountains"

[bukhari, Volume 9, Book 87, Number 111]

http://www.islamicity.com/mosque/sunnah/bukhari/087.sbt.html

Thank you for bringing this to my attention. Even though it is Sahih Bukhari, me, being as a Muslim first and foremost and a Sunni second, find it hard to believe, that the Prophet would think of committing suicide. My heart just doesn't buy this.

As a Muslim, sometimes, I WISH...there was a compiled hadith book that we all Muslims agree was controversially free and could be believed without second-guessing. Anways, that's just my wishful thinking.

Edited by saberrider

Thank you for bringing this to my attention. Even though it is Sahih Bukhari, me, being as a Muslim first and foremost and a Sunni second, find it hard to believe, that the Prophet would think of committing suicide. My heart just doesn't buy this.

As a Muslim, sometimes, I WISH...there was a compiled hadith book that we all Muslims agree was controversially free and could be believed without second-guessing. Anways, that's just my wishful thinking.

Brother dont listen to some of these lost and confused evil scholars. Muhammad A.S was the greatest man alive. The quran completely destroys this notion that Muhammad A.S was fallible and turned from blind man and such rubbish. The quran overrides any hadith. Allah was his guardian. Some people make Allah lower than satan astagfurillah, making these false accusations on Rasullah.

(Salam)

@ OP May I know the purpose of your question, brother? & can you tell us what you find wrong about Shias? In the way that you think Shias might not be on the right path according to you?

Edited by Shian e Ali

(salam)

@ OP May I know the purpose of your question, brother? & can you tell us what you find wrong about Shias? In the way that you think Shias might not be on the right path according to you?

...? I have no idea why are you asking me this or where did this question come from. I don't find anything wrong with Shias. Nor did I ever say here that Shias are on the wrong path.

OP, your an amazing Sunni just like my friends at school. You're so open minded.

Lol, JazakAllah for the kind words. I just appreciate inter-sect communication peacefully. Nothing wrong in that.

Some other things that I just cannot believe is being attributed to Allah:

Narrated Abu Sa'id Al-Khudri:
… Then the Almighty will come to them in a shape other than the one which they saw the first time, and He will say, ‘I am your Lord,’ and they will say, 'You are not our Lord.' And none will speak: to Him then but the Prophets, and then it will be said to them, ‘Do you know any sign by which you can recognize Him?’ They will say. ‘THE SHIN,’ AND SO Allah WILL THEN UNCOVER HIS SHIN whereupon every believer will prostrate before Him and there will remain those who used to prostrate before Him just for showing off and for gaining good reputation... (Sahih al-Bukhari, Volume 9, Book 93, Number 532s)

http://www.islamicit...ri/093.sbt.html

Narrated Abu Huraira:
The Prophet said, "Paradise and the Fire (Hell) argued, and the Fire (Hell) said, ‘I have been given the privilege of receiving the arrogant and the tyrants.’ Paradise said, ‘What is the matter with me? Why do only the weak and the humble among the people enter me?’ On that, Allah said to Paradise. ‘You are My Mercy which I bestow on whoever I wish of my servants.’ Then Allah said to the (Hell) Fire, ‘You are my (means of) punishment by which I punish whoever I wish of my slaves. And each of you will have its fill.’ As for the Fire (Hell), it will not be filled till Allah puts His Foot over it whereupon it will say, ‘Qati! Qati!’ At that time it will be filled, and its different parts will come closer to each other; and Allah will not wrong any of His created beings. As regards Paradise, Allah will create a new creation to fill it with." (Sahih al-Bukhari, Volume 6, Book 60, Number 373)

Narrated Abu Huraira:
The Prophet (p.b.u.h) said, "Seven people will be shaded by Allah under His shade on the day when there will be no shade except His…" (Sahih al-Bukhari, Volume 2, Book 24, Number 504)