Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

To Shia Muslims - What Sunni Beliefs Frustrate You

Rate this topic

• Veteran Member

excuse me ?

Do not dare to face and deal the truth and the wrong and dispute among themselves and other human being.

The signal/clue/indication :

a. There is no decree during hajj in Makkah/Arafah about the cure of whole world Muslim community.

b. You name it..........

Edited by myouvial
  • Advanced Member

I am confused. There is no justice how ? Can you please elaborate on that ?

Pay attention to this Aya.

"O you who have believed, obey Allah and obey the Messenger and those in authority among you[Wali Al-Amr]. And if you disagree over anything, refer it to Allah and the Messenger, if you should believe in Allah and the Last Day. That is the best [way] and best in result."

Ideally, according to Sunni standards, the Wali Al-Amr is the Hakim(leader) of a specific country. Moreover, it is in their belief system that obeying the Wali Al-Amr is wajib under any circumstances even if he is an oppressor or does some wrong acts, however, as along as he remains between the limits of Islamic Shari'a, then it is wajib to obey him and going against him makes one a disbeliever(Kafir). 

However, if we use that logic and interpretation of the Aya, then Imam Hussain bin Ali(as) would have been the first Kafir (A'uthobillah!) for disobeying the "Hakim of his time", that is; Yazid Ibn Mu'awuiyia, Moreover, we know from history that Imam Hussain(as) did not hold the same view as the Sunnis ideally do, that is, obeying the Hakim even if he might be an oppressor, because if he had,then he wouldn't wage a war against Yazid in the first place. It is also worth to mention that at that time, some of the Sahaba like Abdullah bin Umar(the son of Umar ibn Al-Khatab) held the belief that anyone who wages war against Yazid is a Kafir and on top of that, recognized Yazid as a legitimate leader of the time over the Muslim Ummah.

That in my opinion is not only nonsense, conflicts with the human intellect, but also unjust. And as I said earlier, Allah(swt) being the most just, does not leave his religion to be unjust. 

In addition to the above, the battle of Siffin between Imam Ali bin Abi Taleb(as) and Mauwiyia ibn Abi Sufyan, as well as the battle of Jamel between Imam Ali(as) and Aisha are also relevant to what I stated above. You need to look at into each event on your own, from an objective standpoint, and judge who is right and who is wrong; that is Imam Ali(as) or Mauiwiyia and Aisha, based on the Quran and the Sunnah. If you say both are right, then this also is unjust because ideally in any battle, only one carries the flag of the truth, while the other carries the flag of falsehood. 

Allah(swt) knows best

Edited by Taqwa
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Advanced Member

@saberrider,are u sure u are not practicing sunni-taqiyya type here..ur type is hardly to be found...by openly disregarding ur sihas narrations.

Even if I am doing "sunni taqqiya" (that's a first - I had just heard of taqqiya) here, what good will that serve me ?

I am a Muslim, first and foremost. When it comes to Quran, I have no doubts about it's authenticity. When it comes to hadiths, I do have my doubts. i look at some of the hadiths at times with an eye of suspiciousness, regardless if it is from Bukhari, Muslim, Al-Kafi, or Tahdhib al-Ahkam, etc

(It's your nickname here, but I would advise you to not shorten your nick to "Moh'd" and write it full, as it's the Prophet's (P.B.U.H) name, and show it proper respect, that's all.)

Edited by saberrider
  • Advanced Member

Dear brother. Understanding of respect changes according to cultures. For instance, Turks use the name Mehmet /Mahmad/ most for they think it is more respectful. Something may look disrespectful to you, but to them, it might not be so. And we need to ask why people say and do things, rather than judging them by our cultures. :)

• Advanced Member

Dear brother. Understanding of respect changes according to cultures. For instance, Turks use the name Mehmet /Mahmad/ most for they think it is more respectful. Something may look disrespectful to you, but to them, it might not be so. And we need to ask why people say and do things, rather than judging them by our cultures. :)

I had the best of intentions in correcting him, because it is not a mere change of spelling but shortening of the name. But yes, well said.

• Advanced Member

...but I would advise you to not shorten your nick to "Moh'd" and write it full, as it's the Prophet's (P.B.U.H) name, and show it proper respect, that's all.)

sorry,it seems u ar offended by my nick... Mind u I'm not refering the nick to our beloved prophet(s),nobody wil think am referring to Him(s) ...beside thanks for the advice.

& thanks @ HamzaTR

Edited by Nouri Moh'd
  • Advanced Member

...but I would advise you to not shorten your nick to "Moh'd" and write it full, as it's the Prophet's (P.B.U.H) name, and show it proper respect, that's all.)

sorry,it seems u ar offended by my nick... Mind u I'm not refering the nick to our beloved prophet(s),nobody wil think am referring to Him(s) unles you and ur type..beside thanks for the advice.

& thanks @ HamzaTR

I never said you are referring to him directly. It can be anybody's name, but was saying to show it respect. But okay, to each his own.

"unles you and ur type"........lol, thanks for that.

You are welcome.

Edited by saberrider
  • 2 years later...
  • Advanced Member
On 17/02/2014 at 11:47 PM, Ethics said:
On 17/02/2014 at 10:00 PM, Muditz786 said:

^ are you serious akhI? :o our fellow sunni brothers believe in total predestination?

I wouldn't say all, but many who just say, for example, everything that has happened Allah willed it. ie Imam Hussain's death, 3 caliphs... They try and justify the positions of the companions by saying since Allah willed it, it must be the best. There is also subsets in Sunni Islam that believe that.

Wait, But nothing can happen without the will of Allah, right ? That makes sense, right ?

• Veteran Member
7 hours ago, saberrider said:

Wait, But nothing can happen without the will of Allah, right ? That makes sense, right ?

Allah knowing something and Allah willing something are different.

For example, Allah may know that I commit a certain sin but that does not mean it was Allah's Will that I commit that sin.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Pro-Alid said:

Such as?

I've just moved (again) and all my books are still boxed up. You are asking me to elaborate on a comment I made more than 2 years ago. In a few weeks when I've got my things sorted, bump this topic and I'll reply if I get a chance. I won't remember without a reminder.