Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Ali-F

Sistani: Going To Gym Where Women Are Not Allowed

Rate this topic

Where do the words in brackets come from? If they were there originally, why are they bracketed? They change the entire meaning.

Not sure where the words come from..but do they really change the meaning? They would, I suppose, if the words 'let alone' were not there.

That would make it   It is not permissible, if it corrupts their character, let alone if it harms their beliefs and commitment.

Not sure where the words come from..but do they really change the meaning? They would, I suppose, if the words 'let alone' were not there.

That would make it It is not permissible, if it corrupts their character, let alone if it harms their beliefs and commitment.

"It is not permissible if it corrupts their character..."

Is not the same as

"It is not permissible, even if it just corrupts their character..."

Edited by notme

Almost all gyms here are segregated. I'm safe.

Muslims should not move to the West. Period.

are u just playing a game here? marbles bro i thought u were more intellectual and not so religious from your older posts. why the change? pakistan must be having an effect on u. anyway i expected a more intellectual reply.

Edited by tearingmyhairout

"It is not permissible if it corrupts their character..."

Is not the same as

"It is not permissible, even if it just corrupts their character..."

No, it is not the same. But that's not the complete sentence. The 'let alone' part makes the meaning obvious, whether or not the words in brackets are added.

I shall close my eyes and have religious tunes on my phone while I run on treadmill surely Allah knows true intentions I need to train get fit for imams (as) arrival lol

1. When the arrivals come, if you are with the imam and of his helpers then you use the striength of your sould npt body.

2. Your are not allowed... you want to be strong for our imam a.s? Dont sin and do what Allah commands you and what pleases him .

3. You want to become strong for imama.s ? Striengthen your soul by not sinning and by doing good deeds. When you sin you misshape your soul, reaps the heart of your imam, go against your lord Allah and his representative imam mahdi atfs

4. its hyppocrytical to sY you want to obay Allah and help mehdi a.s then go against they way and hurt the imam. A true servant fight his self (great jihad) and obeys instead of cheating himself and unwilling to abandon the errors of his ways.

5 remember imam hussain a.s people told him to come but betrayed him... we should not ever do the same to imam mahdi a.s, dua faraj , asking him to come then go sinning because that is going against the imam atfs and going against him atfs is going against Allah swt. And sinning delays the reappearence of our imam mahdi atfs so how can we ask and pray for the hastening of his reappearence and then sin and delay him atfs

6. How will you be able to obey his every command if you cant obey this simple one?

Everyshere and everyday you to choose Allah swt or shaiytan la. Imam Hussain a.s or yazid l.a imam mahdi atfs or dajjal? Heaven or hell ? Now you know what they with every land is karbala everyday is ashura.

May Allah make us how loves and of the awaiters and ansar of our imam mahdi atfs and hasten his reappearence Insha'Allah ameena rabbal alamen!

Allahumma salli ' ala Muhammadin wa ali Muhammadin al taiyebin al tahireen wa 3ajjil farajahum al shariif wa sahhil makhrajahum wa sallimhum salaman katiran katiran katiraaah!

Edited by Abd-Rabbi ALLAH

The gym I go to has a different section for the ladies. And there's a specific ladies only period, when the entire gym is reserved for the ladies. 

Although there is this one woman who walks into the place as if she owns it and starts running on the treadmill. Maybe she has a share in the ownership, I dont know. But all us guys just get really uncomfortable and try to get our work done really fast and leave(most of us are practicing). Good thing she only pops late so most of us already done by then.

I don't know if that's a problem.

السلام عليكم ورحمة الله وبركاته - May peace be upon you as well as Allah's mercy and his blessings
اللّهم صلّ على محمّد وآل محمّد - O Allah please pray upon Muhammad and the Family of Muhammad
بسم الله الرّحمن الرّحبم - Thanks to the name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful

أسعد الله أيامكم بذكرى مولد خير خلق الله محمد صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم - May Allah grant you happy days for the souvenir of the birth of Best of Allah's Creations, Muhammad may Allah's peace and blessings be upon him and his family

Looks like there is an incomplete translation in english (unfortunately such things happen).

السؤال: هل يجوز الذهاب إلى نادٍ رياضي مختلط ؟

الجواب: لا يجوز الذهاب إلى الأماكن الخلاعية إذا استتبع حراماً بل الأحوط وجوباً تركه حتى لو لم يستتبع حراماً .

source: http://www.sistani.org/arabic/qa/0295/

Let me translate this for you:

Question: Is it allowed to attend a mixed-gender sports club?

Answer: It is not allowed to go to places of undressed people if a sin follows it, and with obligatory precaution it is to be left even if no sin follows it.

I just asked a local scholar from iraq/iran for this fatwa especially for the term "خلاعية" which google translates to "erotic", and the scholar used the term undressed (example like with a bikini or swimming suit which shows legs and arms) for a girl. For the use of such terms, i guess the urf takes over for what is dressed and what is undressed... please correct me if i'm wrong

وعليكم السلام ورحمة الله وبركاته - And upon you be peace as well as Allah's mercy and his blessings

The way women generally dress nowadays can be objectively termed as "erotic" (especially during the Summer-Spring time). People nowadays may not like the term erotic to describe how today's young women dress but if we use the standards of just a decade or two ago then we cannot hesitate to call what women wear today as erotic.

I think we should be realistic and practical. Is it not true that women dress in just as much a revealing way during the summer time ("at universities to other populated places) as they do in the gyms? Is there really a difference whether you go to a gym or a university or other highly populated places these days?

If the fatwa is applicable for the gym, then it should be applicable everywhere else. And technically speaking it is applicable everywhere else but this would mean everyone would have to travel to Iran or to some of the Middle Eastern countries. And all this is really not practical! In short, this is the reality of living in what is known as "aakhiruzaman".

Edited by eThErEaL

^ is that some impressive rationalization?

Just err on the side of caution and assume Ayt. Sistani is right unless you have reason to believe otherwise. Go to a gym where women don't go or work out at home.