Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

I Study Quran Thread

Rate this topic

• Veteran Member

Assalamu Alaykum, I hope you are all in good health and eman

In the prophet's birth anniversary this year, a quiz was made, one of its questions was :How many times did the name of Muhamad appear in Quran?

I was ashamed that not only that I did not know but even when i was told the number, I couldn't recall the verses and when i was told the verses i forgot them after 2 days. Imam Ali said "Write it , verily you will not memorize it till you write it.."

Since I cannot write the whole Quran, nor that will help my case, I thought i'll write the new things that i've learned about Quran and keep the thread open for everyone who wants to share what they learned recently about Quran so we can all benefit from it, don't be ashamed of it no matter how small your info that you got is.

The 4 verses where the name Muhammad is mentioned in Quran are:

1- Aal Imran:144

Wama muhammadun illa rasoolun qad khalat min qablihi alrrusulu afain mata aw qutila inqalabtum AAala aAAqabikum waman yanqalib AAala AAaqibayhi falan yadurra Allaha shayan wasayajzee Allahu alshshakireena

Muhammad (SAW) is no more than a Messenger, and indeed (many) Messengers have passed away before him. If he dies or is killed, will you then turn back on your heels (as disbelievers)? And he who turns back on his heels, not the least harm will he do to Allah, and Allah will give reward to those who are grateful.

2- Al'Ahzab :40

Ma kana muhammadun aba ahadin min rijalikum walakin rasoola Allahi wakhatama alnnabiyyeena wakana Allahu bikulli shayin AAaleeman

Muhammad (SAW) is not the father of any man among you, but he is the Messenger of Allah and the last (end) of the Prophets. And Allah is Ever AllAware of everything.

3-Muhammad:2

Waallatheena amanoo waAAamiloo alssalihati waamanoo bima nuzzila AAala muhammadin wahuwa alhaqqu min rabbihim kaffara AAanhum sayyiatihim waaslaha balahum

But those who believe and do righteous good deeds, and believe in that which is sent down to Muhammad (SAW), for it is the truth from their Lord, He will expiate from them their sins, and will make good their state.

4-Al-fat'h:29

Muhammadun rasoolu Allahi waallatheena maAAahu ashiddao AAala alkuffari ruhamao baynahum tarahum rukkaAAan sujjadan yabtaghoona fadlan mina Allahi waridwanan seemahum fee wujoohihim min athari alssujoodi thalika mathaluhum fee alttawrati wamathaluhum fee alinjeeli kazarAAin akhraja shatahu faazarahu faistaghlatha faistawa AAala sooqihi yuAAjibu alzzurraAAa liyagheetha bihimu alkuffara waAAada Allahu allatheena amanoo waAAamiloo alssalihati minhum maghfiratan waajran AAatheeman

Muhammad (SAW) is the Messenger of Allah, and those who are with him are severe against disbelievers, and merciful among themselves. You see them bowing and falling down prostrate (in prayer), seeking Bounty from Allah and (His) Good Pleasure. The mark of them (i.e. of their Faith) is on their faces (foreheads) from the traces of (their) prostration (during prayers). This is their description in the Taurat (Torah). But their description in the Injeel (Gospel) is like a (sown) seed which sends forth its shoot, then makes it strong, it then becomes thick, and it stands straight on its stem, delighting the sowers that He may enrage the disbelievers with them. Allah has promised those among them who believe (i.e. all those who follow Islamic Monotheism, the religion of Prophet Muhammad SAW till the Day of Resurrection) and do righteous good deeds, forgiveness and a mighty reward (i.e. Paradise).

Good luck memorizing the verses !

Muhammad means the praised, his name on earth is Muhammad and his name in heaven is Ahmed. A new born is named Muhammad for the first 7 days of his life. A child who's named Muhammad is not to be beaten, harmed or hurt in anyway. A hadith says "Blessed be a house where Muhammad is in it, blessed be a gathering where Muhammad is among them and blessed be a company in which Muhammad is joining. There are plenty of other hadiths about the blessed names and the importance of picking the right name of child.

• Veteran Member

prophet is the father of the Ummah :

Prophet Mohammad said: "Ali and I are fathers of this Ummah (Muslims' society)" 
[The book Bihar-alanwar/ volume36/ Page5]

But the verse is about Zaid bin Haritha, it is dealing with adoption rules in Islam.

http://www.resulullah.org/en/prophet-frees-zayd-bin-haritha

http://www.islamiclandmarks.com/jordan/tomb_of_zaid_bin_haritha_ra.html

http://www.alsiraj.net/English/sahaba/html/page12.html

• Advanced Member

"Muhammad (SAW) is not the father of any man among you, but he is the Messenger of Allah" 

Anyone know what is meant here?  

So the prophet is not our Father? (metaphorically) 

The Prophet is not the biological father of any Muslim male. This is a historical fact and a prophecy made during his life time that was fulfilled when he left this world. He left this world without having any living male child.

• Veteran Member

The Prophet is not the biological father of any Muslim male. This is a historical fact and a prophecy made during his life time that was fulfilled when he left this world. He left this world without having any living male child.

What about his sons Ibrahim and Al-Qasim? What about sons of Rasul Allah :AlHassan and AlHusain and the 9 imams from the offspring of Hussain? Verse of Mubahalah? Call in our sons and their sons?

Nay, the verse is about the story of Zaid bin Haritha whom Rasul Allah bought before his prophethood, he raised him in his house. Zaid's father knew about his son's whereabout after a while, he sought the prophet and asked him to free his son for money or something. Prophet said that Zaid is free to choose where he wants to live, so Zaid chose prophet's house. Zaid's father got angry, he abandoned  his son. Prophet took Zaid and declared him his son (adopted son).

The verse is about the adoption rules, if you are to adopt a child, you should not change his name, the child should be named after his biological father. Also, the rules of marriage and inheritance will not change, he will be a non mahram to the women in the house he grows in when he turns adult.

The verse says "Ma kana " Ma = negation, Kana = Was. "Ma kana Muhammadun Aba Ahadin Min Rijalikum" Aba= father of, Ahad= one of , min = from, Rijalikum = Your/men" 

The verse is not denying that the prophet was father ever, but denying that he was ever a father of one from (YOUR MEN)

The context of the verse 

36. It is not for a believer, man or woman, when Allah and His Messenger have decreed a matter that they should have any option in their decision. And whoever disobeys Allah and His Messenger, he has indeed strayed in a plain error.

37. And (remember) when you said to him (Zaid bin Harithah; the freed-slave of the Prophet saws.gif) on whom Allah has bestowed Grace (by guiding him to Islam) and you (O Muhammad saws.gif too) have done favour (by manumitting him) "Keep your wife to yourself, and fear Allah." But you did hide in yourself (i.e. what Allah has already made known to you that He will give her to you in marriage) that which Allah will make manifest, you did fear the people (i.e., Muhammad saws.gif married the divorced wife of his manumitted slave) whereas Allah had a better right that you should fear Him. So when Zaid had accomplished his desire from her (i.e. divorced her), We gave her to you in marriage, so that (in future) there may be no difficulty to the believers in respect of (the marriage of) the wives of their adopted sons when the latter have no desire to keep them (i.e. they have divorced them). And Allah's Command must be fulfilled.

38. There is no blame on the Prophet (saws.gif) in that which Allah has made legal for him.That has been Allah's Way with those who have passed away of (the Prophets of) old. And the Command of Allah is a decree determined.

39. Those who convey the Message of Allah and fear Him, and fear none save Allah. And Sufficient is Allah as a Reckoner.

40. Muhammad (saws.gif) is not the father of any man among you, but he is the Messenger of Allah and the last (end) of the Prophets. And Allah is Ever All-Aware of everything.

• Veteran Member

The remaining lecture: 

We don't say anything based on emotions. If police gives you a ticket and you say I didn't know I have to stop at a stop sign, you cannot use that excuse in front of police. You will get the ticket. Allah says, "O Bani Israel, do you remember bounties we have given you and we gave you 12 leaders". Why is Allah mentioning 12? Allah is talking to Muslims in the same manner He was talking to Bani Israel. Allah mentions a nation so that people get some lesson. People say that there were 125000 people in ghadeer, how is it possible that all of them forget in 2 months? Allah compared Prophet Muhammad  (pbuh) to Hazrat Musa  (as) . This is why Prophet (p.b.u.H.) compared Hazrat Ali (A.S.) to Hazrat Haaroon (A.S.). Prophet Musa (A.S.) told His nation, Allah is one and Haaroon (A.S.) is my successor. Bani Israel forgot this in 40 days, and you wonder how did muslims forget in 2 months? There was no one with Haaroon (A.S.). When did Bani Israel start shirk? When they stopped listening to Prophet (A.S.)'s successor. If Prophet  (pbuh) is like Hazrat Musa (A.S.), Hazrat Haaroon (A.S.) was like Hazrat Ali (A.S.) we need to determine who is the Samri of this nation? 

People asked Prophet Muhammad (p.b.u.H.) for guidance about Quran. It was wajib on Prophet ( (pbuh) to announce who will guide after Him (A.S.). This is why Allah said, if you didn't convey this message, you didn't convey anything. When this ayat was revealed, there were no kafir or Mushrik left. Why did Allah say, "Allah will save you from Naas?" Allah didn't say Allah will save you from kafir or Mushrik, Allah said Naas. It means this is an issue which people didn't like. People say  that Prophet (p.b.u.H.) used the word "Maula" and there are different meanings of Maula. Prophet ( (pbuh) said, "Man kuntu Maula fa haza Aliyun Maula", which means Ali (A.S.) is maula in the same way Prophet  (pbuh) is Maula. Prophet (A.S.) didn't say, I am your Rasul and Ali (A.S.) is Imam, because people would put a time limit, whoever considers Prophet (p.b.u.H.) maula, he has to consider Ali (A.S.) maula. 

• Veteran Member

Thanks !

I understand that many people get uneasy when Quran lesson turns to a lecture about wilayah or ahlulbayt, I used to, then I learned better. Now when I pass by such verses i'd repeat what the lecturer usually repeat which is the connection between the verse and Ahlulbayt. For the kids who are keen to learn, they will find the time to sit, learn the grammatical structure of verses, study its various meanings, study the history behind it and if they have sharp brains, they'll connect between dots and ends up concluding what the lecturers were saying 

for those who only complain, they usually learn nothing …….

• Veteran Member

Thanks !

I understand that many people get uneasy when Quran lesson turns to a lecture about wilayah or ahlulbayt, I used to, then I learned better. Now when I pass by such verses i'd repeat what the lecturer usually repeat which is the connection between the verse and Ahlulbayt. For the kids who are keen to learn, they will find the time to sit, learn the grammatical structure of verses, study its various meanings, study the history behind it and if they have sharp brains, they'll connect between dots and ends up concluding what the lecturers were saying 

for those who only complain, they usually learn nothing …….

well said sister. I will post some more lectures, they are half English, half Urdu. 

• Veteran Member

I was planning to write something about the subject-tafsir in which we pick up a topic and trace it within Quran then study the verses and see how much we can get from Quran about that certain topic. I was preparing something about patience in Quran (Sabr) , find all the verses then categorizes them after which I looked up for hadiths to make the topic richer, but i may do that another day. Today i was reminded by Harut and Marut story in Quran, this story has always puzzled me, it is almost only one verse but even this one verse structure is difficult and obscure ….Basically it is about tow angels who were teaching people magic then telling them not to get kafir ... :donno:

lets bring the verse then beak it down

وَاتَّبَعُوا مَا تَتْلُوا الشَّيَاطِينُ عَلَى مُلْكِ سُلَيْمَانَ وَمَا كَفَرَ سُلَيْمَانُ وَلَكِنَّ الشَّيَاطِينَ كَفَرُوا يُعَلِّمُونَ النَّاسَ السِّحْرَ وَمَا أُنْزِلَ عَلَى الْمَلَكَيْنِ بِبَابِلَ هَارُوتَ وَمَارُوتَ وَمَا يُعَلِّمَانِ مِنْ أَحَدٍ حَتَّى يَقُولا إِنَّمَا نَحْنُ فِتْنَةٌ فَلا تَكْفُرْ فَيَتَعَلَّمُونَ مِنْهُمَا مَا يُفَرِّقُونَ بِهِ بَيْنَ الْمَرْءِ وَزَوْجِهِ وَمَا هُمْ بِضَارِّينَ بِهِ مِنْ أَحَدٍ إِلَّا بِإِذْنِ اللَّهِ وَيَتَعَلَّمُونَ مَا يَضُرُّهُمْ وَلا يَنْفَعُهُمْ وَلَقَدْ عَلِمُوا لَمَنِ اشْتَرَاهُ مَا لَهُ فِي الْآخِرَةِ مِنْ خَلاقٍ وَلَبِئْسَ مَا شَرَوْا بِهِ أَنْفُسَهُمْ لَوْ كَانُوا يَعْلَمُونَ

And they followed [instead] what the devils had recited during the reign of Solomon. It was not Solomon who disbelieved, but the devils disbelieved, teaching people magic and that which was revealed to the two angels at Babylon, Harut and Marut. But the two angels do not teach anyone unless they say, "We are a trial, so do not disbelieve [by practicing magic]." And [yet] they learn from them that by which they cause separation between a man and his wife. But they do not harm anyone through it except by permission of Allah . And the people learn what harms them and does not benefit them. But the Children of Israel certainly knew that whoever purchased the magic would not have in the Hereafter any share. And wretched is that for which they sold themselves, if they only knew.

let's break it down :

WattabaAAoo ma tatloo ashshayateenuAAala mulki sulaymana

They followed what the satans recite  on the kingdom(Mulk or what solomn owns) of Suliman. Now who followed who? They ittaba'u , followed, what the Shyatin (plural of Shaytan) recite (tatlo from tilawah,recitation) upon the Mulk of Suliman!

And why are the Shayiatin are reciting anything upon the Mulk of Suliman?

Then which Mulk of Suliman the verse is speaking about?

wa ma kafara sulaymanuwalakinna ashshayateena kafaroo

Suliman did not disbelieve! Allahu Akbar, why is Allah clearing the side of prophet Suliman? We know he was prophet and infallible, not to mention not a kafir! Suliman did not turn kafir but the Shayatin did! Subhana Allah! Shaytan means the one who went astray, it is not a name of Iblis, it is a description of him, we sometimes call the children who never settle or never listen to the adults Shytan or Shytoon (mini shytan) So describing them as Shayatin was enough to tell us that they went astray! why the Quran made it super clear here ? (Iblis also is not a name, ibis means the one who absolutely hopeless from the mercy of Allah)

yuAAallimoona annasa assihra wamaonzila AAala almalakayni bibabila harootawamaroota

They teach (the shayatin) the people (naas) the magic AND what was revealed upon the tow angels in Babil, Harut and Marut. So Shayatin were teaching people ! If they were jin sort of Shayatin i want to know how . They were teaching tow things: sihr which translate to magic but the concept of magic is different from culture to culture so we do not know what sort of sihr the Quran is speaking about here 

The shayatin were also teaching people something that was revealed upon tow angels in Babil

First: why were the angels down? and why they were receiving revelation ? Then how come the Shayatin were teaching angelic things?

Lastly, Shayatin were on the Mulk of Suliman, which as far as I know was in Jerusalem , so what brought Babil suddenly here?

wama yuAAallimani min ahadinhatta yaqoola innama nahnufitnatun fala takfur

And whenever they  both teach someone (the angels because the verb is in dual form, specific form in Arabic, You3allim<  he teaches, You3alliman < they BOTH teaches.) they both will inform the one they taught that we are but fitnah so do not turn Kafir!!

Ajeeb.

So the angels used to :talk and teach people ? they also made conditions and deals? Then angels were teaching people something that can be considered fitnah? What sort of Fitnah, the word fitnah holds many possible meanings.

One would think that if angels came down, people will turn believers all of them, there would be no reason to turn kafir but in this case, the angels were teaching people things that can turn people kafir?

This part of the verse always puzzled me ..

fayataAAallamoona minhuma mayufarriqoona bihi bayna almar-i wazawjihi

​So they (apparently the haas, people) learn from Harut and Marut how to separate between a man and his wife……the ancient drama! Why would people learn that?

wama hum bidarreenabihi min ahadin illa bi-ithni Allah

They do not harm anyone except through the permission of Allah.

​This is just to inform us that Harut and Marut were agents of Allah, they can cause effect on people on earth but they got permission and to go further from this is to discuss deep mashi'ah  topic which is not an easy topic.

wayataAAallamoona ma yadurruhum walayanfaAAuhum

Subhana Allah, so they learn what harm them but not benefit them? Is this referring to what Shayatin teach or what Harut and Marut teach? What is the point then of sending them to Babil?

walaqad AAalimoo lamani ishtarahu malahu fee al-akhirati min khalaq

they certainly knew that whoever purchased the it would not have in the Hereafter any share :donno:

walabi/sa masharaw bihi anfusahum law kanoo yaAAlamoon

And wretched is that for which they sold themselves, if they only knew. the tragic end of the story 

• Veteran Member

And they followed [instead] what the devils had recited during the reign of Solomon. It was not Solomon who disbelieved, but the devils disbelieved

It is understood from the Islamic literature that, at the time of Solomon (a.s.) , some of his fellow countrymen used to practice the art of sorcery. Solomon (a.s.) ordered that their records and related materials be gathered and kept locked in a safe place. (Their preservation was, perhaps, for the purpose that there may have been some pieces of paper among them helpful for breaking the spells of the sorcerers' magic.)

After the departure of Solomon (a.s.) , a group of people took them out and began spreading and teaching others sorcery. Some, taking advantage of this opportunity, said that Solomon (a.s.) was not a prophet at all, and the wonderful power that he had over the realms of nature was through witchcraft; so it was with the help of those magic tricks that he could dominate his country and do extraordinary things.

By following this group, some of the Israelites were severely engaged in the art of sorcery; so intensively that they put the Turah aside.

When the Prophet of Islam (p.b.u.h.) announced his invitation and, through the verses of the Qur'an, proclaimed that Solomon (a.s.) had been one of the apostles of Allah, some of the Jewish rabbis told their people: ' Are you not surprised that Muhammad says Solomon was an apostle while he was a sorcerer ? '

This statement by those Jews was counted a great accusation against this Divine prophet (a.s.) , because when they said he was a sorcerer it insinuated that he was a lier and not a true prophet. This action caused him to be considered a blasphemer. Then, the above verse responded to their false accusation.

However, the first verse of this group of verses illustrates another dimension of the hineous actions of the Jews : that they accused the apostle of Allah, Solomon (a.s.) , of sorcery and witchcraft. It says:

" And they followed what the Shaitans chanted of sorcery in the reign of Solomon; ..."

The pronoun ' they ', existing in the Arabic word /wattaba'u/, 'they

followed ', may refer to the Jews contemporary with the Prophet of Islam (p.b.u.h.) or those contemporary with Solomon (a.s.) or all of them. The objective meaning of the term /sayatin/ may be the evil people, or devils of the Jinn, or both of them.

Then, after stating the above idea, the Qur'an adds:

"... and Solomon disbelieved not, ..."

Solomon (a.s.) never did practice sorcery, and he did not take any advantage from it in attaining his goals:

"... but the Shaitans disbelieved by teaching people sorcery; ..."

http://www.erfan.ir/22362.html

​This answers some of the questions that were raised in the previous post, which is interesting because I v'e never really asked why Prophet Suliman is called king Solomon by Christians and Jews...

Nehemiah 13:23-26

Moreover, in those days I saw men of Judah who had married women from Ashdod, Ammon and Moab. 24 Half of their children spoke the language of Ashdod or the language of one of the other peoples, and did not know how to speak the language of Judah. 25 I rebuked them and called curses down on them. I beat some of the men and pulled out their hair. I made them take an oath in God’s name and said: “You are not to give your daughters in marriage to their sons, nor are you to take their daughters in marriage for your sons or for yourselves. 26 Was it not because of marriages like these that Solomon king of Israel sinned? Among the many nations there was no king like him. He was loved by his God, and God made him king over all Israel, but even he was led into sin by foreign women. 27 Must we hear now that you too are doing all this terrible wickedness and are being unfaithful to our God by marrying foreign women?”

so they were angry because Jewish men married non Jewish women ….. :donno:

Deuteronomy 7

When the Lord your God brings you into the land you are entering to possess and drives out before you many nations—the Hittites, Girga[Edited Out]es, Amorites, Canaanites, Perizzites, Hivites and Jebusites, seven nations larger and stronger than you— and when the Lord your God has delivered them over to you and you have defeated them, then you must destroy them totally.[a]Make no treaty with them, and show them no mercy. Do not intermarry with them. Do not give your daughters to their sons or take their daughters for your sons, for they will turn your children away from following me to serve other gods, and the Lord’s anger will burn against you and will quickly destroy you. This is what you are to do to them: Break down their altars, smash their sacred stones, cut down their Asherah poles[b] and burn their idols in the fire. For you are a people holy to the Lord your God. The Lord your God has chosen you out of all the peoples on the face of the earth to be his people, his treasured possession.

Makes more sense no?

• Veteran Member

teaching people magic

The Shayatin (wither humans or jinns) were teaching people magic (sihr).

Sihr is three letter word, sa+ha+ra. This root is a source of three distinctive meanings: a human body part,  an hour of the day and a trick.

In this context it is the trick meaning that we are dealing with.

Imam Sadiq was asked by an atheist about magic: Tell me about the magic, how did it originate and how can a magician acquire that ability to make wonders

Imam Sadiq answered :The magic is of many kinds, one of them is like medicine, one of them is tricks and one of them is what they learn from Satans.

​Atheist: where did satins learn magic?

​Imam Sadiq:like physicians , trial and error

Atheist: What do you say about the tow angels Harut and Marut?

Imam Sadiq:They were a test and examination to the people

Atheist: can a magician change the appearance of a human to a dog or donkey?

Imam Sadiq: the magician is weaker than to able to do that

Magic is major sin. The truth of its effect on human is not clear. Some verses of Quran make it seem that magic is but trickery like the story of the magician of Pharaoh who confronted prophet Moses. Other verses though, like this one about separating a man and a woman by magic, make it seems that magic has an actual effect although Quran also links this effect with the permission of Allah.

The opinions about the effect of magic varies on wither it affects humans body or its psych only. Seems both can be correct.

• Advanced Member

"Muhammad (SAW) is not the father of any man among you, but he is the Messenger of Allah" 

Anyone know what is meant here?  

So the prophet is not our Father? (metaphorically) 

Salam

I like to share the background of the verse to understand it clear:

Zeid ibn Hareth was a slave that Muhammad (saww) had bought and released him before Islam (before he became prophet). In the pre-Islamic time they were considering Zeid as adopted son of Muhammad and calling him Zeid ibn Muhammad because they believed that the released slave will be like son and there is no difference between someone’s real son and adopted son. So marriage to a divorced wife of adopted son is forbidden just as marriage to divorced wife of your real son.

Zeid had married to Zainab bent Jahsj (the prophet’s cousin) and after he had divorced, prophet married to Zainab. Indeed prophet started eliminating the pre-Islamic traditions by notifying that adopted son is not like your real son according to Islamic jurisprudent. Non-believers and hypocrites protested against this marriage saying that Zainab is Muhammad’s son divorcee. Quran defenses of prophet by this verse: (33/40)

ما كانَ مُحَمَّدٌ أَبا أَحَدٍ مِنْ رِجالِكُمْ وَ لكِنْ رَسُولَ اللَّهِ وَ خاتَمَ النَّبِيِّينَ وَ كانَ اللَّهُ بِكُلِّ شَيْ‏ءٍ عَليماً

Muhammad is not the father of any of your men, but (he is) the Messenger of Allah, and the Seal of the Prophets: and Allah has full knowledge of all things.

It means that Zeid is not the real son of prophet (saww) and the marriage is correct. 

• 2 months later...
  • Veteran Member

Salam,

I've looked up this verse in both Quran and Gospel but I failed to find it in OT or Turah.

48_29.png
Sahih International

Muhammad is the Messenger of Allah ; and those with him are forceful against the disbelievers, merciful among themselves. You see them bowing and prostrating [in prayer], seeking bounty from Allah and [His] pleasure. Their mark is on their faces from the trace of prostration. That is their description in the Torah. And their description in the Gospel is as a plant which produces its offshoots and strengthens them so they grow firm and stand upon their stalks, delighting the sowers - so that Allah may enrage by them the disbelievers. Allah has promised those who believe and do righteous deeds among them forgiveness and a great reward.

This verse is one of very distinguished verses in Quran. Beautiful in recitation, delightful in meaning and mysterious in its reference to the old books.

Before going through the Arabic text, i'll bring the parable from gospel that i think fits the verse above most (I f I am wrong, please correct me). I do this because both Quran and gospel used similar parables that may not be easy to digest in modern days: plants, water and seeds. Good soil, bad soil and rocks. To get the full picture, we need to read almost all texts where this sort of parables appeared then we can visualize the picture.

The Parable of the Sower

(Matthew 13:1-9Luke 8:4-15)

The Parable of the Sower

Again Jesus began to teach by the lake. The crowd that gathered around him was so large that he got into a boat and sat in it out on the lake, while all the people were along the shore at the water’s edge. He taught them many things by parables, and in his teaching said: “Listen! A farmer went out to sow his seed. As he was scattering the seed, some fell along the path, and the birds came and ate it up. Some fell on rocky places, where it did not have much soil. It sprang up quickly, because the soil was shallow. But when the sun came up, the plants were scorched, and they withered because they had no root.Other seed fell among thorns, which grew up and choked the plants, so that they did not bear grain. Still other seed fell on good soil. It came up, grew and produced a crop, some multiplying thirty, some sixty, some a hundred times.”

Then Jesus said, “Whoever has ears to hear, let them hear.”

10 When he was alone, the Twelve and the others around him asked him about the parables. 11 He told them, “The secret of the kingdom of God has been given to you. But to those on the outside everything is said in parables 12 so that,

“‘they may be ever seeing but never perceiving,
    and ever hearing but never understanding;

otherwise they might turn and be forgiven!’[a]

13 Then Jesus said to them, “Don’t you understand this parable? How then will you understand any parable? 14 The farmer sows the word. 15 Some people are like seed along the path, where the word is sown. As soon as they hear it, Satan comes and takes away the word that was sown in them. 16 Others, like seed sown on rocky places, hear the word and at once receive it with joy. 17 But since they have no root, they last only a short time. When trouble or persecution comes because of the word, they quickly fall away. 18 Still others, like seed sown among thorns, hear the word; 19 but the worries of this life, the deceitfulness of wealth and the desires for other things come in and choke the word, making it unfruitful. 20 Others, like seed sown on good soil, hear the word, accept it, and produce a crop—some thirty, some sixty, some a hundred times what was sown.”

A Lamp on a Stand

21 He said to them, “Do you bring in a lamp to put it under a bowl or a bed? Instead, don’t you put it on its stand? 22 For whatever is hidden is meant to be disclosed, and whatever is concealed is meant to be brought out into the open. 23 If anyone has ears to hear, let them hear.”

24 “Consider carefully what you hear,” he continued. “With the measure you use, it will be measured to you—and even more. 25 Whoever has will be given more; whoever does not have, even what they have will be taken from them.”

The Parable of the Growing Seed

26 He also said, “This is what the kingdom of God is like. A man scatters seed on the ground. 27 Night and day, whether he sleeps or gets up, the seed sprouts and grows, though he does not know how. 28 All by itself the soil produces grain—first the stalk, then the head, then the full kernel in the head. 29 As soon as the grain is ripe, he puts the sickle to it, because the harvest has come.”

The Parable of the Mustard Seed

30 Again he said, “What shall we say the kingdom of God is like, or what parable shall we use to describe it? 31 It is like a mustard seed, which is the smallest of all seeds on earth.32 Yet when planted, it grows and becomes the largest of all garden plants, with such big branches that the birds can perch in its shade.”

33 With many similar parables Jesus spoke the word to them, as much as they could understand. 34 He did not say anything to them without using a parable. But when he was alone with his own disciples, he explained everything.

Jesus Calms the Storm

35 That day when evening came, he said to his disciples, “Let us go over to the other side.” 36 Leaving the crowd behind, they took him along, just as he was, in the boat. There were also other boats with him. 37 A furious squall came up, and the waves broke over the boat, so that it was nearly swamped. 38 Jesus was in the stern, sleeping on a cushion. The disciples woke him and said to him, “Teacher, don’t you care if we drown?”

39 He got up, rebuked the wind and said to the waves,“Quiet! Be still!” Then the wind died down and it was completely calm.

40 He said to his disciples, “Why are you so afraid? Do you still have no faith?”

41 They were terrified and asked each other, “Who is this? Even the wind and the waves obey him!”

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The verse in the beginning says that those with the prophet are like sowers. To be a sower you need a seed and a soil (and water, but this part isn't talked about here).

A sower in Arabic can mean the worker if it is used in parable. In hadith from Jaber from Rasul Allah " whoever said -Subhana Allahi Al'atheemi wa bi Hamdeh- A palm tree would be planted for him in heaven". Similarly, in hadiths we read that envy burns good deed like how fire burns the woods.

So we can understand that the verse is speaking about those who do good deeds. 

In gospel, there is seeds, plants and more seeds as results, there is soil and there is rock. What dose this mean?

Satan comes and takes away the word that was sown in them.

There is hadith in which it describes the heart of believer as the House of Allah , Imam Ali said "Let what you worship reside in your hearts". Seeds are the words of truth, the soil is your heart. But if your heart is locked or blind then no word would enter to get a chance to be planted.

22_31.png
Sahih International

Inclining [only] to Allah , not associating [anything] with Him. And he who associates with Allah - it is as though he had fallen from the sky and was snatched by the birds or the wind carried him down into a remote place.

Those who refuse the word, the kalimah, the message, the holy book, the will of prophet, the wilayah are like those whom the birds caught the seeds quickly before they are planted in heart. In Tafsir Almizan as well as in Alsafi and Al'amthal, the wind was understood as the "hawa" the desires, the opinions and personal inclinations.

Others, like seed sown on rocky places, hear the word and at once receive it with joy. 17 But since they have no root, they last only a short time. When trouble or persecution comes because of the word, they quickly fall away.

Rocky soil is rocky heart, very bad sign along with the non crying eyes.

2_74.png
Sahih International

Then your hearts became hardened after that, being like stones or even harder. For indeed, there are stones from which rivers burst forth, and there are some of them that split open and water comes out, and there are some of them that fall down for fear of Allah . And Allah is not unaware of what you do.

57_16.png
Sahih International

Has the time not come for those who have believed that their hearts should become humbly submissive at the remembrance of Allah and what has come down of the truth? And let them not be like those who were given the Scripture before, and a long period passed over them, so their hearts hardened; and many of them are defiantly disobedient.

The Quran used the same parable in the gospel to describe the hypocrites, their hearts are stone like with some dirt over it. Once the water comes down (and water is knowledge), the dirt will go away, there will be no soil to plant any seed on top of a rock.

2_264.png
Sahih International

O you who have believed, do not invalidate your charities with reminders or injury as does one who spends his wealth [only] to be seen by the people and does not believe in Allah and the Last Day. His example is like that of a [large] smooth stone upon which is dust and is hit by a downpour that leaves it bare. They are unable [to keep] anything of what they have earned. And Allah does not guide the disbelieving people.

Again, notice how the Quran is teaching us how to plant our own deeds.

Still others, like seed sown among thorns, hear the word; 19 but the worries of this life, the deceitfulness of wealth and the desires for other things come in and choke the word, making it unfruitful.

I am not sure which Quranic verse should fit this description but 2 verses come to my mind.

9_102.png
Sahih International

And [there are] others who have acknowledged their sins. They had mixed a righteous deed with another that was bad. Perhaps Allah will turn to them in forgiveness. Indeed, Allah is Forgiving and Merciful.

22_11.png

Sahih International

And of the people is he who worships Allah on an edge. If he is touched by good, he is reassured by it; but if he is struck by trial, he turns on his face [to the other direction]. He has lost [this] world and the Hereafter. That is what is the manifest loss

7_9.png

Sahih International

And those whose scales are light - they are the ones who will lose themselves for what injustice they were doing toward Our verses.

This is really bad. It is called the sick heart. Those who believe but not very certain, they worship Allah on harf (a bit of deviation from the straight path).

Others, like seed sown on good soil, hear the word, accept it, and produce a crop—some thirty, some sixty, some a hundred times what was sown.”

This is beautiful part that we can find a similar passage to it in Quran.

14_24.png
Sahih International
Have you not considered how Allah presents an example, [making] a good word like a good tree, whose root is firmly fixed and its branches [high] in the sky?

14_25.png
Sahih International
It produces its fruit all the time, by permission of its Lord. And Allah presents examples for the people that perhaps they will be reminded.

14_26.png
Sahih International
And the example of a bad word is like a bad tree, uprooted from the surface of the earth, not having any stability.

14_27.png
Sahih International
Allah keeps firm those who believe, with the firm word, in worldly life and in the Hereafter. And Allah sends astray the wrongdoers. And Allah does what He wills.

The good heart is good soil, will accept the Word, will grow the word with good deeds. The belief is firm and unshakable because the tree he planted has roots (fitrah). 

35_10.png
Sahih International

Whoever desires honor [through power] - then to Allah belongs all honor. To Him ascends good speech, and righteous work raises it. But they who plot evil deeds will have a severe punishment, and the plotting of those - it will perish.

The good deed is the way to get your good words be taken up to heaven.

There is a hadith which describe the good tree, it says  That the good tree is the tree of prophet. Prophet Muhamad is its root, Imams are its branches and Shia are its leafs, each time a Shia dies a leaf fell off.

“The secret of the kingdom of God has been given to you.