Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Is Monopoly Haram?

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

Anything not specifically forbidden is allowed.

If you mean that Harams are the ones which are included in Sharia even through proven general rules you are correct. For instance there is no need to have every single haram items of usury(.i.e.Reba) in our religious sources but it is only necessary to have the items conformed with the general details and rules about haram usury specified in Sharia.  

Its not haram, because your'e not really using real money,  Plus, if there is nothing wrong with your intention, then it is permissible

Any reference ?

It seems you forgot that the brother sayed mortada wanted to bo aware of s.sistani's fatwa

• Veteran Member

There's nothing wrong with Monopoly from what I can tell because you are simply asking for rent and that's acceptable even in real life. There isn't really interest involved, not to mention the fact that, as stated above, it's just a game and not strictly prohibited.

• Advanced Member

Why would monopoly be haram...seriously you people make religion so twisted I really wonder how people can be devoted to it in such a way...

What did I do that was wrong? I never claimed it is. Somebody told me it is haram, when I wanted to play it. So I thought I should investigate.

• 3 months later...