Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
aliasghark

Rouhani Donates $400,000 To Jewish Hospital

Rate this topic

That makes sense - this has nothing to do with Rouhani - just a bunch of apologists for zionists, trying to make news out of nothing ... if $400,000 is not much in Iran, well, OK... it sure is a lot for the US... I'm squarely in the middle class, and that is a helluva lotta money to just give away! Iranians must be quite a wealthy nation - what is Rouhani crying about sanctions for, seems like everyone is doing well... 

rohani directed the health ministry to give 1 billion tomans as part of the annual budget to this hospital. he did not personally donate it. it happened with a christian hospital too in early january: http://www.aysor.am/en/news/2014/01/09/iran-avetisyan-hospital/

poverty line is 2,500,000 tomans in tehran? u sure? it seems high.

Edited by skylight2

Oh please.  Not a CLynn type response.  "Asking questions" (if that's what you call your prior rambling), is not haram (even when they insult our intelligence like this one).  But what is distasteful is being an armchair, back seat whiner, just waiting to pounce on whomever and whatever.  And I can't stand people like that.

You manufacture a dangerous false dichotomy, force us into this narrow myopic argumentation, and then expect some kind of favorable response.  You think your approach is the least bit Islamic?  Or humanitarian?  Or helping anybody, including the people you claim to represent?  You clearly have no idea how politics works.  Or how humanity works.  At least based on this.  Haters gonna hate.  People are going to whine.  And as somebody said before, "damned if you do, damned if you don't". 

Stop extrapolating.  Stop constructing and creating conflicts and dilemmas that don't exist.  Stop demeaning.  Stop fitnah mongering.  My god, we're only human. 

God gives everyone a bag of gold.  Would you be the first to say, "why didn't God give everyone two bags of gold, and a thousand for his chosen people noble Shia (ie me, me, me, me). 

Peace to you brother, with all this soi dhan. 

So if someone asks why would someone forsake their brother in faith over their brother in humanity, when it is his brother in faith that needs more help. Then you think that his questions are all of hatred, whine or damning? Then good luck with your life bro.

Anyways Salam to you. That's it from me on this thread. 

I can fill in if you want. 

"Salaam and peace dear people.  This looks good but it seems suspicious.  How do we know his real agenda?  How does anybody know?  Have any of you ever met him?  Maybe its not real and just for show, like just for propaganda.  Just asking.  Besides, the West is much more charitable.  We have a much better health system that respects all of God's human creation. ^_^   I heard Iran kicks little puppies, so I dunno about them.  :donno: I heard that Izzlam hates Jeeews.  Is that true?  Judging from the hate I hear you never know.  Just asking lots of questions so we can all learn, because I really love learning, and it makes me a better person.  :) I think this is going to be a very interesting great and important conversation.  I believe in asking and saying whatever pops into my head, because thats the right thing to do.  Unfortunately I don't get why people would take my questions the wrong way, I'm just a little angel.  :angel:  I am not offending anyone, I just want to be friends with you all.  :wub:  Why do only Muslim women abuse their children and I NEVER see anyone else doing it?  Maybe they hate the scarf and they are venting their anger...

Salaam and peace and love and harmony and beauty to you all

M.C Lynnsanity

that really sounds like her , wow u must dislike this member so much u can actually copy them

Iranian President Donates $400,000 to Jewish Hospital

EF587FA0-DD98-45FD-B647-1A811C1AA157_w64
FILE - Dr. Ciamak Morsathegh, head of the Tehran Jewish Committee, visits a patient at the Dr. Sapir Charity Hospital, owned by the Iranian Jewish community, in Tehran, Dec. 26, 2007.

Iranian news agencies report that President Hassan Rouhani has donated $400,000 to a Jewish hospital in Tehran.

Rouhani was quoted as saying his government will pay more attention to Iran's minorities.

The Dr. Sapir charity hospital was founded by and is operated by Jews, but treats all patients and has a large Muslim staff.

At least 25,000 Jews live in Iran.  It is the largest Jewish population in the Middle East outside Israel.

http://www.voanews.com/content/report-iranian-president-donates-400000-to-jewish-hospital/1846167.html

now this is the kind of things u never hear about in american media and news , u only hear the negative things reinforcing sterotyes like Muslims only sponsor & pay for expansion of terrorism...its getting very cliche listening to that b.s. all the time

i think some ppl on this thread are objecting to this gesture cuz of a reciprocity issue not cuz the jews have their own hospital. For example if we consider it the other way around in a jew-majority state like israel , would any jewish official or MP actually donate any money to Muslims in need? would they even bring it up on the national or political agenda? probably not , but then again Allah (s.w.t.) knows best and we Muslims are required to do good all peoples no matter what race or faith , even if these people hate us or see us as enemies , just leave it up to Allah (s.w.t.) to take care of them and do what is required of u to do for mankind.

Ws

By the way has anyone seen clynn she cant be found anywhere on shiachat after this thread was posted.

of course as soon as she saw this thread she went out in hiding. why? cuz it talks about Muslims doing good rather than evil. now if this was the opposite case she would have commented on how christians& christianity teaches love for mankind , and doing good deeds & "wondered" if Muslim countries would do the same for non-Muslim minorities, blah blah blah , etc etc....

Edited by Mlle. Advice

So if someone asks why would someone forsake their brother in faith over their brother in humanity, when it is his brother in faith that needs more help. Then you think that his questions are all of hatred, whine or damning? Then good luck with your life bro.

You can leave, but you can't claim any moral upperhand. 

Again, you are imposing a false dilemma and self-destructive arguments. 

you will always have a brother in humanity in need so are you against helping non Muslims period?

Fast forward to modern times and the situation reverses almost entirely. While it my be argued that the post-Christian Western idea of treating all religions and sects equally is a chimera, something that gets a lot of lip service but doesn't exist in reality, on the other hand, the type and intensity of religion-based discrimination of minorities today in Muslim lands is also a relatively new development; People of the Book today would long for the freedoms and protection they enjoyed when they were still officially dhimmis.

For example, where are Christian generals of Muslim armies? Or ministers of finance or external affairs drawn from minorities? History served many such examples throughout our history. This makes me think if current systematic exclusion of minorities from the mainstream discourse is sustainable or transparent.

1. While there is discrimination, there isn't genocide.

2. Some of the most extreme discrimination is actually in a society that is the most obviously 'sponsored', by the West i.e. Saudi Arabia. Christians can't have churches, but the Saudis keep various arms manufacturers in business.

3. Prior to the 19th century, Christians would have been seen as Christians, after the 19th century they would have been associated with the colonial rulers, so an obvious source of mistrust.

4. Is it a coincidence that Jewish emigration out of countries such as Iraq happened around the same time that Israel was founded? Zionists like to argue that this emigration was a fair swap for the expulsion of Palestinians and the result of Muslim terror, but clearly Jews had not felt the need to leave Arab countries for the land that would become Israel before the founding of the country in the same way as Eastern Europeans had.

5. Jewish Iranians had been associated with the Shah and had left when his regime fell. Similarly there was Jewish emigration out of South Africa when apartheid fell. Again it is hard to blame the locals in either instance.

So although Muslims may well not be blameless, I can see plenty of excuses for their behaviour. 

p.s. Tariq Aziz of Iraq was Christian as is Hannan Ashrawi of the PLO.

That makes sense - this has nothing to do with Rouhani - just a bunch of apologists for zionists, trying to make news out of nothing ... if $400,000 is not much in Iran, well, OK... it sure is a lot for the US... I'm squarely in the middle class, and that is a helluva lotta money to just give away! Iranians must be quite a wealthy nation - what is Rouhani crying about sanctions for, seems like everyone is doing well... 

People are not wealthy but the value of Rial has dropped. So, for example, 100,000 tomans, had more value beforehand comparing to the present.

When economic problems confront a nation, it doesnt necessarily mean that the people are poor. To my knowledge, most people are not poor but sanctions have caused problems (fewer people are able to get married or buy a house, some people cannot buy medicines or even find them in drugstores, increase in unemployment ...)

Edited by shadow_of_light

1. While there is discrimination, there isn't genocide.

2. Some of the most extreme discrimination is actually in a society that is the most obviously 'sponsored', by the West i.e. Saudi Arabia. Christians can't have churches, but the Saudis keep various arms manufacturers in business.

3. Prior to the 19th century, Christians would have been seen as Christians, after the 19th century they would have been associated with the colonial rulers, so an obvious source of mistrust.

4. Is it a coincidence that Jewish emigration out of countries such as Iraq happened around the same time that Israel was founded? Zionists like to argue that this emigration was a fair swap for the expulsion of Palestinians and the result of Muslim terror, but clearly Jews had not felt the need to leave Arab countries for the land that would become Israel before the founding of the country in the same way as Eastern Europeans had.

5. Jewish Iranians had been associated with the Shah and had left when his regime fell. Similarly there was Jewish emigration out of South Africa when apartheid fell. Again it is hard to blame the locals in either instance.

So although Muslims may well not be blameless, I can see plenty of excuses for their behaviour. 

p.s. Tariq Aziz of Iraq was Christian as is Hannan Ashrawi of the PLO.

There may be plenty of excuses because of contemporary or near contemporary politics but these excuses have to be dissected to see if they are valid (and to what extent) and which of them are only misdirected displays of frustrated anger borne out of society's own failure.

It is a big reason for distrust when minorities side with an outside power against their country which has happened a few times in the colonial era but these attitudes still linger on long many decades after the colonialists have left.

When a local church was bombed and around two dozens mostly poor and ordinary Christians were killed, the perpetrators justified it with the argument that these Christians were "Western tools". Why? Because the Church had received funding from its coreligionists in Australia for renovation, since their home country would not provide funds. A valid reason for distrust?

When sacrilegious cartoons of the Prophet were published in a Danish newspaper, Christian minorities in various Muslim countries came under attack. Why? Misdirected anger.

And Muslim-Jewish relations in Muslim countries were destroyed by the creation of the State of Israel. This is a reasonable excuse for distrusting the leftover Jewish community. But it would also be interesting to see to what extent Jewish emigration was caused/increased by the immediate backlash against them when Arabs lost the founding war against Israel.

So there is no genocide but there are killings/massacres. While discrimination may be a sustainable and transparent policy, killings and massacres are obviously not. And the silence of Muslim majority, the apathy to the plight of Christians/minorities at home and the systematic exclusion of minorities is poisoning those societies.

I had Tariq Aziz in mind but I did not say because it took someone like Saddam to propel him to power, and one may make a case that since Saddam was a Western tool for so long, his ministers might be seen in the same light.

Edited by Marbles

It is a big reason for distrust when minorities side with an outside power against their country which has happened a few times in the colonial era but these attitudes still linger on long many decades after the colonialists have left.

I'll reply fully later. But I am reminded of this quotation, which is genuine and from Archbishop Desmond Tutu:

When the missionaries came to Africa they had the Bible and we had the land. They said "Let us pray." We closed our eyes. When we opened them, we had the Bible and they had the land.

In many countries missionary activity continues, as does the appropriation of natural resources.

of course as soon as she saw this thread she went out in hiding. why? cuz it talks about Muslims doing good rather than evil. now if this was the opposite case she would have commented on how christians& christianity teaches love for mankind , and doing good deeds & "wondered" if Muslim countries would do the same for non-Muslim minorities, blah blah blah , etc etc....

Isn't it unsurprisingly crazy like that?  Certain threads are CLynn attractants, others are CLynn repellents.  Big open minded learner, right?

I love how a VOA story, which is a state-run American propaganda channel is being used to make surreal claims about Iran's president.  Any sensible person woulf immediately detect that:

1) Rouhani does not have 400.000

2) Rouhani has no authority to just give away 400.000 

And how many of those 'organizations' have a reliable record of being outlets for regime change?

There are media outlets from Iranian, Arabic, Pakistani, American, Russian, and other countries reported this same piece of news, so I don't know what you're trying to get at. Are you claiming that this didn't happen?