Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
aliasghark

Rouhani Donates $400,000 To Jewish Hospital

Rate this topic

This is so confusing. Why donate that money to a Jewish hospital? At least they have hospitals, there are many Shia villages who don't even have hospitals. 

It was a political gesture.

Whether political or apolitical, tending to the sick and saving people's lives is one of the greatest deeds in Islam. At the end of the day, as a brother above pointed, they are all citizens of the same nation and deserve equal attention of the state.

It's a step in the right direction.

If Iran alienates their own Jews they may start looking elsewhere. Those who wanted to leave have left and those who have stayed and doing life in Iran, they must be respect and made to feel at home, made to feel part of the national discourse. In this respect this is a good gesture. It shouldn't be limited only to political point-scoring but there needs to be genuine concern for the well being of Iran tiny Jewish community.

These are Iranian citizens, why do you consider them enemies? 

Well, I wanted to know why would someone help a kafir who has a hospital over a brother who lives in poverty? Even if the brother may not live in the same country. Wouldn't it be more important to at least built a hospital for your brother? than to actually give money to a kaffir who already has a hospital?

I don't consider them the enemies. I consider the Zionist regime of America and Israel the enemies. However since notme said it is a political move. Then it must be to make the other Jews happy. 

I don't know if Iranian Jews are the enemy of Iran. 

^^

Unbelievable some people damn if you do damn if you don't.

No one damned anyone. I simply wanted to know why would someone help a kafir who has at least has a hospital, when his own brother lives in poverty?

Well, I wanted to know why would someone help a kafir who has a hospital over a brother who lives in poverty? Even if the brother may not live in the same country. Wouldn't it be more important to at least built a hospital for your brother? than to actually give money to a kaffir who already has a hospital?

I don't consider them the enemies. I consider the Zionist regime of America and Israel the enemies. However since notme said it is a political move. Then it must be to make the other Jews happy.

^^

No one damned anyone. I simply wanted to know why would someone help a kafir who has at least has a hospital, when his own brother lives in poverty?

why can't he do both? Try to help out as many people as possible regardless of their race and religion. Of course starting with his brother and sister in faith and then his brother and sister in humanity. Its not like these Jews in Iran pose a threat to national security.

Edited by Martyrdom

It's like those rich people who always lose both when they buy an expensive present, after which people say "what a show-off!" etc., and when they buy a cheap present people be like "dude has loads of money and doesn't buy a better present?! He's a @#$%&!"...

Lose-lose situation. Can't please anyone...

lol boy do I know so many people like that.

By the way has anyone seen clynn she cant be found anywhere on shiachat after this thread was posted.

Well this a garbled, convoluted, extremely biased worldview.

Granted, if an individual is faced with two needy people of which he must choose to help only one, and of those two one is a momin believer but the other a kaffir, he would be naturally inclined to help his coreligionist, not least because of religious teachings to prefer your coreligionist in need over outsiders, but this instance doesn't fit such a scenario.

If you strictly restrict charity to your own coreligionists, there will never come a time when there is no needy coreligionist for you start looking elsewhere. Which means you are effectively excluding the rest of humanity from your charitable gestures. If that is so, what does it say about the universality of Islam (Shi'ism)?

^^

Dude, what is wrong with you?

^^

You do make a point when you say why not help our Shia brothers like those in Iraq, Kuwait, Ba7rain, etc.

But how do you know these Jews in Iran are our enemies. If they are not our brothers in faith then they are our brothers in Humanity right?

what is Rohani's profession, besides the one he is claiming to do currently... are people really that rich in Iran, they can give away $400,000 just like that? 

Did the report say Rouhani paid from his own pocket? Or did it come from the state coffers? Remember, Rouhani is the President of Iran.

I can fill in if you want. 

"Salaam and peace dear people.  This looks good but it seems suspicious.  How do we know his real agenda?  How does anybody know?  Have any of you ever met him?  Maybe its not real and just for show, like just for propaganda.  Just asking.  Besides, the West is much more charitable.  We have a much better health system that respects all of God's human creation. ^_^   I heard Iran kicks little puppies, so I dunno about them.  :donno: I heard that Izzlam hates Jeeews.  Is that true?  Judging from the hate I hear you never know.  Just asking lots of questions so we can all learn, because I really love learning, and it makes me a better person.  :) I think this is going to be a very interesting great and important conversation.  I believe in asking and saying whatever pops into my head, because thats the right thing to do.  Unfortunately I don't get why people would take my questions the wrong way, I'm just a little angel.  :angel:  I am not offending anyone, I just want to be friends with you all.  :wub:  Why do only Muslim women abuse their children and I NEVER see anyone else doing it?  Maybe they hate the scarf and they are venting their anger...

Salaam and peace and love and harmony and beauty to you all

M.C Lynnsanity

:lol:

Rohani has $400,000? ... How'd he get so wealthy? 

Why are we attacking scholars who know more about what they are doing, rather than sitting at home and just typing. 

This move by Sheikh Hassan is a very tactful one. Through such political gestures, more people around the world will do business with Iran.

Inshallah all of the shia will break free from suffering once more sanctions are lifted and the economy starts fueling. 

Indeed, Allah (swt) is with the patient ones. 

May God hasten the re-appearance of Sahibul Zaman and strengthen our hearts with unity. 

I know, too bad he is the president of Iran... if the money came from state coffers, it is not considered a "donation" - that is a grant. A "donation" suggests charity ... and it is Rohani's name that is being mentioned, as in Rouhani made the "donation" ... otherwise it would be the Islamic Republic of Iran making a grant to the hospital - not Rouhani.  

Did the report say Rouhani paid from his own pocket? Or did it come from the state coffers? Remember, Rouhani is the President of Iran.

:lol:

"Salaam and peace dear people.  This looks good but it seems suspicious.  How do we know his real agenda?  How does anybody know?  Have any of you ever met him?  Maybe its not real and just for show, like just for propaganda.  Just asking.  Besides, the West is much more charitable.  We have a much better health system that respects all of God's human creation. ^_^   I heard Iran kicks little puppies, so I dunno about them.  :donno: I heard that Izzlam hates Jeeews.  Is that true?  Judging from the hate I hear you never know.  Just asking lots of questions so we can all learn, because I really love learning, and it makes me a better person.  :) I think this is going to be a very interesting great and important conversation.  I believe in asking and saying whatever pops into my head, because thats the right thing to do.  Unfortunately I don't get why people would take my questions the wrong way, I'm just a little angel.  :angel:  I am not offending anyone, I just want to be friends with you all.  :wub:  Why do only Muslim women abuse their children and I NEVER see anyone else doing it?  Maybe they hate the scarf and they are venting their anger...

M.C Lynnsanity

My God that was brilliant! It almost makes me feel like you're CLynn and have been trolling us all this time... xD

$400,000 is equal to 500 million tomans and this is the approximate price of a 100 sqm flat in some areas of Tehran. So, it is not a very big money. However, there are people who are more in need.

* Poverty line in Tehran is 2,500,000 tomans (monthly salary for a family with 5 members).

Edited by shadow_of_light

My understanding of history is that Christian societies have been characterised by either merciless persecution of Jews or, on the other hand, having Jewish wealth and influence out of proportion to their representation in the population.

In contrast, Muslim societies have had a more balanced modus vivendi.

Some people assume that a Muslim society should, by definition be inimical to Jews. I don't think that fits with the historical record or Muslims ethics.

There are some Islamophobic websites that draw attention to the dhimmi concept and which alert both Christians and Jews to the discriminatory nature of Muslim tradition.

While that may well seem more 'prejudiced' in comparison to what has been a fairly liberal Western view of minorities recently, I think it is definitely a more sustainable and transparent position.

Edited by Haji 2003

My understanding of history is that Christian societies have been characterised by either merciless persecution of Jews or, on the other hand, having Jewish wealth and influence out of proportion to their representation in the population.

In contrast, Muslim societies have had a more balanced modus vivendi.

Some people assume that a Muslim society should, by definition be inimical to Jews. I don't think that fits with the historical record or Muslims ethics.

There are some Islamophobic websites that draw attention to the dhimmi concept and which alert both Christians and Jews to the discriminatory nature of Muslim tradition.

While that may well seem more 'prejudiced' in comparison to what has been a fairly liberal Western view of minorities recently, I think it is definitely a more sustainable and transparent position.

The historical Islamic record of dealing with non-Muslim minorities (usually People of the Book) shows far more tolerance that anything that ever existed anywhere in the Christian lands. Christians weren't only intolerant of Jews, Muslims (Spanish Inquisition, deportations from Sicily etc), but established Church also persecuted other sects and denominations within Christendom.

Fast forward to modern times and the situation reverses almost entirely. While it my be argued that the post-Christian Western idea of treating all religions and sects equally is a chimera, something that gets a lot of lip service but doesn't exist in reality, on the other hand, the type and intensity of religion-based discrimination of minorities today in Muslim lands is also a relatively new development; People of the Book today would long for the freedoms and protection they enjoyed when they were still officially dhimmis.

For example, where are Christian generals of Muslim armies? Or ministers of finance or external affairs drawn from minorities? History served many such examples throughout our history. This makes me think if current systematic exclusion of minorities from the mainstream discourse is sustainable or transparent.

Edited by Marbles

It's like those rich people who always lose both when they buy an expensive present, after which people say "what a show-off!" etc., and when they buy a cheap present people be like "dude has loads of money and doesn't buy a better present?! He's a @#$%&!"...

Lose-lose situation. Can't please anyone...

This is a very bad analogy. So you are saying that if Rouhani had spent that $400,000 to build clinics, yes there are Shia villiages that don't even have clinics let alone a hospital, people would not like it? 

What I really wanted to say was that yes, helping jews is a good act, specially ones in your country, but which one comes first? Helping jews who have a good economy, or helping your BROTHER who literally dies of simple diseases just because they don't even have a clinic. 

Dude, what is wrong with you?

What is wrong with asking questions? Is it haram? or Makroh?

Let us remember that President Rouhani is the elected President of IR and elected by Iranians. He is not the president of Shia-stan or elected by Shias from all over the world.

Nice point here. 

$400,000 is equal to 500 million tomans and this is the approximate price of a 100 sqm flat in some areas of Tehran. So, it is not a very big money. However, there are people who are more in need.

* Poverty line in Tehran is 2,500,000 tomans (monthly salary for a family with 5 members).

rohani directed the health ministry to give 1 billion tomans as part of the annual budget to this hospital. he did not personally donate it. it happened with a christian hospital too in early january: http://www.aysor.am/en/news/2014/01/09/iran-avetisyan-hospital/

poverty line is 2,500,000 tomans in tehran? u sure? it seems high.

What is wrong with asking questions? Is it haram? or Makroh?

Oh please.  Not a CLynn type response.  "Asking questions" (if that's what you call your prior rambling), is not haram (even when they insult our intelligence like this one).  But what is distasteful is being an armchair, back seat whiner, just waiting to pounce on whomever and whatever.  And I can't stand people like that.

You manufacture a dangerous false dichotomy, force us into this narrow myopic argumentation, and then expect some kind of favorable response.  You think your approach is the least bit Islamic?  Or humanitarian?  Or helping anybody, including the people you claim to represent?  You clearly have no idea how politics works.  Or how humanity works.  At least based on this.  Haters gonna hate.  People are going to whine.  And as somebody said before, "damned if you do, damned if you don't". 

Stop extrapolating.  Stop constructing and creating conflicts and dilemmas that don't exist.  Stop demeaning.  Stop fitnah mongering.  My god, we're only human. 

God gives everyone a bag of gold.  Would you be the first to say, "why didn't God give everyone two bags of gold, and a thousand for his chosen people noble Shia (ie me, me, me, me). 

Edited by magma

M.C Lynnsanity

LOL, love you man! 

M.C Lynnsanity

Lol. You deserve an Oscar for that.