Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
ShiaChat.com
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Meeting With Ahlul-Khibra

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

(bismillah)

(salam)

I (like mighdad) met many of them and discussed the issue with them and also the disagreement in between.

in these discussions i came to the conclusion that we can say some maraj' are at the same level that you are allowed to choose one of them .

i heard that Ayatallah Sistani and Ayatallah Khamenie are at the same level 

but i chose Ayatallah Khamenie because i think he is more aware of social and political issues  which islam is not stranger with (islam has a lot of social and political matters) 

Q 15: According to the opinion of the late Imam Khomeini (q.), a marji‘, in addition to the rules of the rites of worship and transactions, he should know political, economic, military, social, and leadership matters. We used to follow the late Imam Khomeini (q.) and now, upon the guidance of some respected scholars as well as our recognition, we feel obliged to refer to you in matters of taqlīd. In this way we combine both supreme leadership and the office of marji‘iyyah. What is your opinion in this regard?

A: The conditions of the eligibility of a marji‘ in matters of taqlīd are mentioned in detail in Taḥrīr al-Wasīlah and other books on practical laws of Islam. It rests with the mukallaf to recognize who enjoys all taqlīd requirements

(Practical Laws of Islam / Ayatallah Khamenie )

(wasalam) 

Salamun aleikum. Did anybody from the forum meet with people ahlul-khibrah? Did you ask them about the most learned marja? Please, help me.

I've and it depends which school the Ahlul Kibra' are coming from. You ask from Najafis and its some other marja, you ask in certain school in Qum and its the other.

Truly the issue is not all that complicated. All Marajae' are 99% same, and differ only slightly in the 1% so pretty much its not a huge thing of who you follow. Just pick one and follow. 

Edited by Waiting for HIM
  • Basic Members

I spoke to some brothers, they met with people from Qom and Najaf Housas. They say that now ahlul-khibra recognizes 2 aalam marjas: Ayatollah Sistani and Ayatollah Khorasani. But according to the well known assumption Ayatollah Sistani is the most learned. 

I used to follow Ayatollah Khamenei. I asked them about him, they answered that Ayatollah Sistani is definitely more learned than Ayatollah Khamenei. So far, did you hear these names?

• 3 years later...
  • Advanced Member
On 2/12/2014 at 4:00 PM, Malik.Ashtar said:

(bismillah)

(salam)

I (like mighdad) met many of them and discussed the issue with them and also the disagreement in between.

in these discussions i came to the conclusion that we can say some maraj' are at the same level that you are allowed to choose one of them .

i heard that Ayatallah Sistani and Ayatallah Khamenie are at the same level 

but i chose Ayatallah Khamenie because i think he is more aware of social and political issues  which islam is not stranger with (islam has a lot of social and political matters) 

Q 15: According to the opinion of the late Imam Khomeini (q.), a marji‘, in addition to the rules of the rites of worship and transactions, he should know political, economic, military, social, and leadership matters. We used to follow the late Imam Khomeini (q.) and now, upon the guidance of some respected scholars as well as our recognition, we feel obliged to refer to you in matters of taqlīd. In this way we combine both supreme leadership and the office of marji‘iyyah. What is your opinion in this regard?

A: The conditions of the eligibility of a marji‘ in matters of taqlīd are mentioned in detail in Taḥrīr al-Wasīlah and other books on practical laws of Islam. It rests with the mukallaf to recognize who enjoys all taqlīd requirements

(Practical Laws of Islam / Ayatallah Khamenie )

(wasalam) 

interesting