Sign in to follow this  
Wisdom Lion

The Culture Of Shiachat

Rate this topic

As Salamu Alaykum

This thread is long overdue. Some wiser member should have posted this a while ago. Maybe this website in a way highlights the current status of Shia Muslims around the world. No unity unless you are family, sometimes not even then. Lack of understanding of basic Islamic beliefs mixed in with our opinions and how we think things should be which many times are Western/ European values. Not all those values are bad, humanity, compassion are some shared values. Western people give to the poor and do more in community( soup kitchens, donating clothes, food drives)  than I've heard anybody doing in Asia.

- Disunity
- Prioritizing culture/foreign culture in minds rather than what is true

- Confusing what is true with something complex when really it is simple
- Self-righteous attitudes
- Lack of control over tongue/keyboard
- Lack of brotherhood( I don't know about status of sisterhood)
- Confusing liberal values as being more humane than Islamic values
- Negative sarcasm

No one individual is perfect and I cannot say I have not done either one or one or more of these things. It's 2014, things don't get better themselves. There needs to be an effort made and I do see threads promoting values, good values, and things to do per day to make their mind clear and conscious more pure.

Knowledge, kindness, compassion, mercy, respect, SINCERITY, GENUINENESS, honesty, thoughtfulness, cleanliness.

It's possible Allah has given me a more tender heart or maybe someone who is incapable of recognizing the nature of other beings. Maybe I am just some self righteous poser living in self delusion, there's many possibilities and more than one may be true.

The most sincere and genuine are supposed to be Muslim. Only those who are sincere and have been blessed with a truly kind and gentle heart know what I am referring to. By gentle I don't mean physically weak or scared to fight. That's cowardice but I don't meet any sincere Muslims.

I could be passing some incorrect judgement but when I think about some particular Muslim in relation to a real Momin person I recognize the difference.

The sincere hearted person will go out of his/her way for another, will use comforting words, will speak with kindness, the language used will be unassuming, these are the virtuous people.

I think there's a big difference between these people and those who do the things that are wajib on them. There's a lot of people who do the things that are wajib on them but there are little Momin.

The main point that needs to be understood is that improving the condition of one of us leads to improving the condition for all of us, improving the condition of all of us means improving the condition of every individual amongst us

I think the verse that is something for all to think about in regards to this post is

Sura Al Baqarah 2:269
"He gives wisdom to whom He wills, and whoever has been given wisdom has certainly been given much good. And none will remember except those of understanding."

Western people give to the poor and do more in community( soup kitchens, donating clothes, food drives)  than I've heard anybody doing in Asia.

- Disunity

- Prioritizing culture/foreign culture in minds rather than what is true

- Confusing what is true with something complex when really it is simple

- Self-righteous attitudes

Knowledge, kindness, compassion, mercy, respect, SINCERITY, GENUINENESS, honesty, thoughtfulness, cleanliness.

Sura Al Baqarah 2:269

"He gives wisdom to whom He wills, and whoever has been given wisdom has certainly been given much good. And none will remember except those of understanding."

As Salamu Alaykum

This thread is long overdue. Some wiser member should have posted this a while ago. Maybe this website in a way highlights the current status of Shia Muslims around the world. No unity unless you are family, sometimes not even then. Lack of understanding of basic Islamic beliefs mixed in with our opinions and how we think things should be which many times are Western/ European values. Not all those values are bad, humanity, compassion are some shared values. Western people give to the poor and do more in community( soup kitchens, donating clothes, food drives)  than I've heard anybody doing in Asia.

I don't think it is as reflective as you think. 

First it's restricted to people with internet access.  Second it's restricted to people who know English.  Third, it's for people who have the time or knowledge of this place, which probably excludes most people with jobs or families. 

(salam)

LoneCrusader: I'll agree. The Mods, those two Iranian girls, and that "hameedastani" girl nearly always write stuff that is well thought through. So do a couple of the men.

I can understand your point, SLeepy, but as one who taught school, I can recognize several as teenagers --not only from their style but also their thought processes. So, let them develop as they will grow more quickly and skillfully than my age could just because we didn't have the "internet advantage".

Oh. and GCHQ, go mind your own business and try to find those "threatening jihadis in Syria" ...Yaraobi, I forgot, your gov't provides several levels of support for them. :sick:

well it would be respected site if some annoying little trolls can be banned for good cuz always they get everyone angry and ppl start bickering back and forth , they are only here to boil our blood & make fitna & even make us doubt our own faith...how the mods do not realise this already??

Shame on them and shame that they still not banned...

It's possible Allah has given me a more tender heart or maybe someone who is incapable of recognizing the nature of other beings. Maybe I am just some self righteous poser living in self delusion, there's many possibilities and more than one may be true.

:(