Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

What Made Me Say I'm Shia For The First Time?

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

It's pretty obvious as to what brother abul Hussein hassani meant... He's a sunni from the lineage of ali ibn abu talib a.s alhamdulillah

Sorry to burst your bubble but we only have Suuni Hanfi, Maliki, Shafa'ee and Hambali. We don't have Sunni Ali. So i don't know what and which lineage you're talking about. You use the members of Ahlul Baith and their names as, you give so much about them but you link yourself with others and basically take everything from others. At least be honest about it. That would be a start.

Sorry to burst your bubble but we only have Suuni Hanfi, Maliki, Shafa'ee and Hambali. We don't have Sunni Ali. So i don't know what and which lineage you're talking about. You use the members of Ahlul Baith and their names as, you give so much about them but you link yourself with others and basically take everything from others. At least be honest about it. That would be a start.

NO...IM sorry to burst YOUR bubble. Re read what I wrote with your eyes wide open. I said brother abul Hussein hassani is a sunni from the lineage of ali. In other words he's a sunni syed

• Veteran Member

Just a quick question "Can a Shia of Ali (a.s) love Muawvia bin Abu Sufyan (as he is known i am not sure)? As Muawvia (l.a) was abuser of Ali (a.s)" .

And more SunnI Syeds are only species on the face of earth who praises Muawvia (l.a) who laid the foundation of abusing Ali (a.s) in Ummayad's courts. Yes Ali (a.s) from whose they claim their linage. 

Just a quick question "Can a Shia of Ali (a.s) love Muawvia bin Abu Sufyan (as he is known i am not sure)? As Muawvia (l.a) was abuser of Ali (a.s)" .

And more SunnI Syeds are only species on the face of earth who praises Muawvia (l.a) who laid the foundation of abusing Ali (a.s) in Ummayad's courts. Yes Ali (a.s) from whose they claim their linage.

I don't "love" muawiya I hold a neutral stance on him. From my own research I have come to the conclusion that he was a Muslim. I hold ali in much much much higher regard compared to Muawwiyah. I love ali but hold a neutral stance regarding Muawwiyah. Edited by Just the truth
  • Advanced Member

I don't "love" muawiya I hold a neutral stance on him. From my own research I have come to the conclusion that he was a Muslim. I hold ali in much much much higher regard compared to Muawwiyah. I love ali but hold a neutral stance regarding Muawwiyah.

Salam brother. How can you be neutral on Mauwiyah when there is clear text from sunni sources that he hated, fought and started the ugly practice of abusing imam ali (as) for many years after the imams (as) death. i suggest you read the information below if you are not convinced as this issue is investigated thoroughly.

http://www.shiapen.com/comprehensive/muawiya.html

Salam brother. How can you be neutral on Mauwiyah when there is clear text from sunni sources that he hated, fought and started the ugly practice of abusing imam ali (as) for many years after the imams (as) death. i suggest you read the information below if you are not convinced as this issue is investigated thoroughly.

http://www.shiapen.com/comprehensive/muawiya.html

السلام عليكم

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

When I said neutral I meant at the very least I consider him a Muslim.

• Veteran Member

السلام عليكم

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

When I said neutral I meant at the very least I consider him a Muslim.

How can you consider one that goes against Allah a muslim? It is pure hypocrisy on his part and contradictory on yours. Can a killer and abuser of alchol be a muslim? One who sits monkeys on the pulpit of Rasullah!???

• Veteran Member

So a murderer and alcoholic is to be considered a kafir??

According to the quran yes. By just mere logic, your telling me a person that goes against Allah and His commands is a believer? Please explain to me what is the difference between someone that believes in Allah and a kaffir. Also bring verses from the quran proving your answer, or how Allah defines a believer and a kafir.

Edited by PureEthics
  • Advanced Member

So a murderer and alcoholic is to be considered a kafir??

If a murderer and Alcoholic becomes Caliph of the Muslims, then yes he is to be considered kafir as he is going against Quran and Sunnah and might lead thousands who are about to follow him. 

If Muawiyah as u see accepted islam and carried on with normal life of business, then there was no need to expose him but what he did is not acceptable islamic act and he should be condemned openly for it and his status of being muslim should always be challenged.

Sunni= It means follower of Sunnah. If you make a sentence sunni of Ali then you are giving us expression that sunnah of Ali a.s is different to Sunnah of Muhammad s.a.w, which is not the case. According to Imam Ali a.s , sunnah is of only Rasool s.a.w to be followed and that is why he rejected the condition of following the ways of Shiekhain (Abu Bakr and Umer) when he was asked at the 6 member council.

Sunni from Ali a.s is wrong statement itself.

In Islam sects are not welcome but when there are two groups and both are claiming to be on right path then calling your self Shia of Ali a.s prevents you to be among group of wrong doers (killers of Ammar Bin Yasir) that is group of Muawiyah and his kinds.  

Bros if you go back to my original post I said according to MY own research I believe mawiyah was a Muslim. You're arguing with me like I'm asking you to believe the same. I would and could never defend mawiyah...but I refuse to call him a non Muslim, if you differ with me then that's fine..we all have the freedom to believe what we like...

Salams

Salaam My dear brother just the truth. Is it possible for you to post your research that lead you to conclude that muawiyah was a Muslim. I would like to read it so I can also make my own conclusion

Salams bro

Yea will do but tomorrow night. Kinda nackerd but will defo get back to you tomoz

Take care bro

Salams

• Advanced Member

Assalam o likium May Allah guide us all to siratul mustaqeen i have read your post and was hoping that some of the sunni brothers would address your miscrepancies as i do not wish to enage in debate mashAllah or write down long posts as this takes away from my time may Allah make all our time of benfiet. As i study Quran hadith and fiqaqa sciences in my free time MashAllah as well as work and am married mashAllah may Allah have us beneift inour lives. i have also Looked into various sects and have a heavy shia infulence from my mothers side of the family mAy Allah guide us all. I have come to the conclusion that the puritatin Islam is haq. The Quran and sunnah on the understanding of the salaf us salioon. i will address some of the things you have said as maybe the sunni brothers on this site are also unaware of this as they have paritiapted in this thread and said nothing May Allah increase in us all knowledge.  As for your claim that no sahaba atteneded the funreal of the holy prophet pbuh  "The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) died on 12th Rabee’ al-Awwal 11 AH, after the sun had passed its zenith, and he was buried on the Tuesday night, after all the people of Madeenah had offered the funeral prayer for him, as Abu Bakr al-Siddeeq (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: Some people came in and said takbeer and offered the (funeral) prayer and said du’aa’, then they left; then others came in and said takbeer and offered the (funeral) prayer and said du’aa’, then they left, until all the people had come in. Narrated by al-Tirmidhi in al-Shamaa’il (p. 338) and classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in his review. This is self explanatory may Allah guide us to light. If you dont know sheik tirmiidhi  r.a.m or sheik ALbani r.a.m and doubt what i have written then you should know that they are amongst the biggest of classical(tirmidhi) and contemparary(Albani) scholars.

As for what you said about Umar r.a then i will give you an explanation of it inshAlllah you quote a hadith from bhukhari i will quote another hadith from bhukari InshAllah which will make things more clear to you InshAllah "

"Thursday! And you know not what Thursday is?" After that Ibn 'Abbas wept till the stones on the ground were soaked with his tears. On that I asked Ibn 'Abbas, "What is (about) Thursday?" He said, "When the condition (i.e. health) of Allah's Apostle deteriorated, he said, 'Bring me a bone of scapula, so that I may write something for you after which you will never go astray.' The people differed in their opinions although it was improper to differ in front of a prophet. They said, 'What is wrong with him? Do you think he is talking no sense (delirious)? Ask him (to see if he is talking no sense). The Prophet replied, 'Leave me, for I am in a better state than what you are asking me.' Then the Prophet ordered them to do three things saying: 'Turn out all the pagans from the Arabian Peninsula, show respect to all foreign delegates by giving them gifts as I used to do.' The third order was something beneficial which either Ibn 'Abbas did not mention or he mentioned but I forgot!.
Sahih al Bukhari Arabic-English Volume 9 hadith number 468 and Volume 4 hadith 393?

this hadith has no mention of umar r.a but from the hadith  you have quoted there is no doubt that umar r.a did say what you mentioned "`Umar said, "The Prophet is seriously ill and you have the Qur'an; so the Book of Allah is enough for us." Umar r.a said this out of love for the propeht pbuh like if ones mother was ill and trying to give you something of beneifet and you said that no please rest InshAllah and this is clear to any sunni who believes in sunni hadith that show the fadail of umar r.a how ever if you look at shia hadith like the miscarige of fatima r.a and Ali r.a being to scared to do anything NauzBiAllah suma NauzbiLLah then your conclusion will be in accorandence to that may Allah guide us to the light. secondly the hadith that i have quoted shows that umar r.a did not prevent the holy prophet pbuh from what he pbuh was about to say  nor was he trying to As it was said by the holy prophet(pbuh)  .IT is irnoic that i saw the love of Umar r.a when i read this and you see only his reblion And Allah guides who he wishes. . As is accepted by the ijma of all muslims none can prevent the holy propeht pbuh from saying anything that Allah has commaded him to say as this would be tantoumount to making one a kafir. and the arguments that the holy propeht pbuh wanted to write down about the Imamet of Ali r.a and was prevented holds no wieght in this to one who has a open mind BizNilALlah.

Secondly about what you said about the fadak issue this would stem from more weighty issues about wether you believe that fatima r.a was masoom or not and had the most knowlege in islam you would need to go to the Quran for this and look at surah al ahzab 32-33 see the verse that the shia use to call their imams masoom yet deny that the wives r.a are alul bayt when the verse preceding that is addressed to them r.a and the verse 33 starts with the word stay in your house house is babon and no one denies this . Is Ali r.a being told to stay in his house then? they say the grammer changes to masculine and this negates the meaning but you still include fatima r.a surah hud 72- 73 hajara r,a, it is clearly called alul bayt see for youself and research for youself how she is addressed and all the linguistic and grammitical connatations. Is there an ayah verse of the Quran saying that the wives are not Alul bayt when their is a clear ayat in surah hud where the Angels address hajar r.a their is no such verse mashAllah. THeir is a clear ayah in the Quran calling the wives of the propeht mothers r.a is their a clear verse negating that their is none. they will talk about surah tahrim and the warnings giving to the wives of the holy propehet pbuh. But nothing condeming them would the propeht pbuh marry some one condemed by Allah a KAfira NauzbIAllah. Our prophet is above that Pbuh and he pbuh was married to his pbuh wives till death TIll death. and the prophet pbuh himself was warned in the Quran

69_44.png
Sahih International
And if Muhammad had made up about Us some [false] sayings,
69_45.png
Sahih International
We would have seized him by the right hand;
69_46.png
Sahih International
Then We would have cut from him the aorta.
69_47.png
Sahih International

And there is no one of you who could prevent [us] from him.

SHould one think ill of the prophet pbuh after this warning nauzibiAllah.

Surah ya sin 12. إِنَّا نَحْنُ نُحْيِي الْمَوْتَىٰ وَنَكْتُبُ مَا قَدَّمُوا وَآثَارَهُمْ ۚ وَكُلَّ شَيْءٍ أَحْصَيْنَاهُ فِي إِمَامٍ مُبِينٍ  Indeed it is We who revive the dead and write what they have sent ahead . This is the translation form Ali Qurai ali Quri write can also be subsituted for recored and it is understood that this when Allah writes some thing  it is recorded .  Then the next part i will translate for you word to word to the best of my knowledge inShAllah "wah koli" and every thing  ""sheien" thing ah "ahsano"  we have enumerated (written down recorded) "fey" in "Imamon" a register "mobeen "clear". Read the context of the verse brother does it make sense to any one reading the Quran plainly Allah says that he revies the dead and records what they have sent ahead and then the verse continues that every thing has been recorded in a book. Does that make sense or does the shia explanation make more sense that everything is recorded in Ali r.a this doesnt make sense to me and would probably not make sense to any other neutral personal. I would like to add that Qari ali quari leaves the word imamon as it is in his english translation but adds the word or book in his foot notes below you can see for youself inshAllah  he cannot deny its shari translation and nor does Allah may Allah guide me and him.  and they are more argumments that you can research yourself on the internet or sit with a scholar from both the shias and the sunnis and learn InshAllah like did MAshALlah may Allah guide us to sirul mustaqeen. But i would like to show you some verses that should give you more of an understanding of what iam trying to say

Alif Lam Ra. A Book whose verses are set clear, and then distinguished, from One All-wise, All-aware: S. 11:1 surah Hud

Shall I seek a judge other than Allah while it is He Who has sent down unto you the Book (The Qur'an), explained in detail… S. 6:114 surah al Anam

… And We have sent down on thee the Book making clear everything, and as a guidance and a mercy, and as good tidings to those who surrender. S. 16:89 surah an Nahl

A Book whereof the Verses are explained in detail; A Qur'an in Arabic for people who know Surah 41:3

It is He Who has sent down to you (Muhammad) the Book (this Qur'an). In it are Verses that are entirely clear, they are the foundations of the Book [and those are the Verses of Al-Ahkam (commandments, etc.), Al-Fara'id (obligatory duties) and Al-Hudud (legal laws for the punishment of thieves, adulterers, etc.)]; and others not entirely clear. So as for those in whose hearts there is a deviation (from the truth) they follow that which is not entirely clear thereof, seeking Al-Fitnah (polytheism and trials, etc.), and seeking for its hidden meanings, but none knows its hidden meanings save Allah. And those who are firmly grounded in knowledge say: "We believe in it; the whole of it (clear and unclear Verses) are from our Lord." And none receive admonition except men of understanding. Surah 3:7 Surah al Imran

These verses are self explanatory mAshAllah the last one speaks volumes for those that Allah wants it to speak volumes for . I ask you are the shia daleels are they clear if you were reading the Quran on your own would you understand who was being addresses in surah al ahzab or suah ya sin and they are countless more things in regards to Aqeeda. Since we are on the topic of Aqeeda there is nothing in the Quran that allows for the shia practice of ya Ali madad or asking imams at their graves or invoking them the only one described as knowing what is in the breast of men is Allah and the only one  described as all hearing is Allah and the fulfiler of ones need and answerer for invokation is Allah. i will not post the verse affirming this becuase no muslim would deny this i would just like to say iya ka na bodo wa iya ka  nas ta een surah fatiha . I have also seen that a lot shia dont belive in doing ya Ali madad and so forth on this site. If this is true then what is your dawah what do you call upoun. They believe that this is batil and this is the Aqeeda of Sistani who allows kamimni who allows shirazi who allows if they are upoun batil why do you call others to shiasm? let me try to reitarte my point A hindu hates the sahaba r.a NauzBillAllah prays the way the prophet pbuh does but belives in 100 gods will he be accpeted as a muslim he will not WAllah. Brother i would like to give youu sound adivce in all your research and the things that you said made you shia you didnt mention the kitabALlah even once this is what the propeht mohammad pbuh was bestowed by Allah the kalam of Allah it is the mircale of the prophet pbuh. and their is no trickery in it and it is clear for those that Allah makes it clear for. I would tell you to reaserch the book of Allah throughly before you  make assumpations of the people who lead their lives in accordance to that book WALlah and were the best amongst their genaration WAllah one who  Allah has call sahabi in surah tauba 40 Abu bakr r.a as for what the shia say about this verse it is a clear verse MashAllah for those that Allah makes it clear for.

As for what you have said the words "got angry" are a idraj (interpolation) of shibab al zhuri one of the chain of narrators in the hadith that you have mentioned in bhukari i belive he is a narrator in it . I have also seen the by  opnion by scholars of hadith  that "got angry and stopped speaking " as you have quoted above is also idraj by zhuri . So it is affirmed that fatima r.a did not get angry at abu bakr r.a and if you one were to say no only got angry is an indraj and stopped speaking is not . Then the answer for this is that fatima r.a stopped speaking to abu bakr r.a about that matter as he was on haq MashAllah.Iam giving you this answer based upoun my assumption that zhuri r.a.m is the narrator in this hadith ,if he is not then do go to a sunni scholar to ask him about the chain or look for it on the internet more closely i dont think i will reply to you after this post regarding the chain of narrators or if i do it will probably be after a while Allah o Alam. as i told you i like to use my time seeking knowledge . MashAllah may Allah increase in all of us benficial knowledge.I would like to explain something to you in regards to a some hadith in bhukhari i have done a course in hadith so i have some knowledge in this matter. Not everything in bhukari is taken by even sunni scholars as hujjah let me give you a brief example may Allah guide us to haq and gaurd us upoun that path. l-Bukhaari, may Allaah have mercy on him, narrated (683) from Anas that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Make your rows straight, for I can see you from behind my back.”

Anas said: “so each of us would stand with his shoulder against his neighbour’s shoulder and his foot against his foot.”

Al-Bukhaari (may Allaah have mercy on him) gave this chapter the title: “Chapter on standing shoulder to shoulder and foot to foot.”

He said: al-Nu’maan ibn Basheer said: “I saw people standing with their ankles against their neighbours’ ankle."

with out divuling to much into it you can see that this is narrated in bhukari by two narrators Anas r.a and al numaan ibn basheer r.a This hadith should be hujjah for every one to stand foot to foot for prayer but this is done mainly by those who adhere to the manhaj of the Quran and sunnah on the understanding of the salfious saliin. the hanfies dont do this i know this for a fact becuase i have frequented quite a few hanfi masjid and from my knowledge nor do the shafis and malikes i will not say that for certain for i have not read their source fiqh books but i can say it with cerntainty for the hanfis by observation and knwoing their argumentation. this is just a basic answer if you want to know more about sunni hadith you can study on your own InshAllah. As for your two snippets of  saying that Umar r.a would warn some people then The Ansar gathering in the shed. This is a well known fact that the ansar wanted their own leadership and they choose to give bayah to abu bakr as did Ali r.a on the first day or within the first few days i cant recall prorperly mashAllah  as well as giving the bayah again in 6 months so as to reaffirm his faith to abu bakr r.a . Both of these incidents are recorded in our hadith literature. Your method of cutting half a hadith then another one and beliveing in snippets is questionable to me and seems as you have relied heavily on shia sites for this manhaj may Allah guide us all to the haq. You have quoted the verse of hypocrytes and they are numerous verses about the fadail of the sahaba r.a you should look them up and wonder if this only includes a hand ful of sahaba that the shia approve of bearing in mind the baiyiah of hudabiayh and the shia argument of what negates .I will not write these verses and InShAllah hope you will see them neutrally. And i also implore you once again to InshAllah Concentrate on Aqeeda when you look into the Quran and things whihch are clear and i hope Allah will not make you see the Sadiqoon as Munafiqeen.

As for the last hadith that you have quoted the scholars of the ummah have varying opnions about this hadith but before i mention that i would like to also mention the fact that if you take this hadith as hujjah upoun your self then you would also have to believe that the prophet Pbuh is not aware of the situatuion of his pbuh ummah in his grave. and this is against shia aqeeda Ya ali r.a madad and the fadial of those that shia call masoom imams.  This hadith is also daleel for sunnis of the proper understanding mashAllah against  the more extereme sufi groups who hold similiar views to the shia May Allah keep us firmly upoun the rightous path till will reunite with those beloved to us in jannat firdous. If you take this hadith as hujjah upoun yourself you should believe the whole hadith and not just look for sniipits that suit the shia. As for the hadith the scholars of hadith have warying views on this hadith most of whihc are satisfacotyr to me mashAllah the one i adhere to personally has something to do with the arabic that you have typed and a different translation but i dont knwo how strong your arabic is so i will not go into that view May Allah make us understand the Language of his final book with clear undrstanding. A valid explation of this would be those bediouns who aposted from islam and joined muslamlya the liar and those that refused to pay abu bakr r.a  zakat.  As for what you quoted no doubt Imam mahdi r.a will be from the progeny of Fatima r.a from the progrny of Hassan r.a as is the view that i adhere to. And the  ijama of all muslim scholars is that  imam mahdi r.a is from the progeny of Fatima r.a.

. Again brother i would advies you not to decide things by emotional arguments such as Shias are from husein r.a and sunnis ae from yazid and other such things. But Read the book Of Allah and strat with the Aqeeda lailalaAllah the kalima of the sunnis is found in the Quran Surah fath and surah mohammad you can look that up inshAllah i wont tell you the verse numbers you can find them youself and see if you find asadunna ali un waliyAllah any where as well as others matters of aqeeda such as imams being higher then prophets (a.s) whose fadial are written clearly in the Quran very Clearly . to make some one above them can you find some thing as clear . You will not find anything like that WALLAH By Allah.As well as other issues of Aqeeda that you may know better then me as you do profess to be a shia. May this Beneifet you and all that read this and may what i have typed Be of more benefit to me then the time i would have spent seeking knowledge or doing some other good deed. May Allah guide all who are reading this and who are not reading this on the Haq and Keep us firmly upoun that. i Will probably not reply back to any argument or if i do it may be after a while a long while Allah o Alam. And people will probably answer what i have written . but Also remeber Haq is clear from batil FOR THOSE THAT Allah MAKES IT CLEAR FOR.

Assalam o likium

• Advanced Member

. Again brother i would advies you not to decide things by emotional arguments such as Shias are from husein r.a and sunnis ae from yazid and other such things. But Read the book Of Allah and strat with the Aqeeda lailalaAllah the kalima of the sunnis is found in the Quran Surah fath and surah mohammad you can look that up inshAllah i wont tell you the verse numbers you can find them youself and see if you find asadunna ali un waliyAllah any where as well as others matters of aqeeda such as imams being higher then prophets (a.s) whose fadial are written clearly in the Quran very Clearly . to make some one above them can you find some thing as clear . You will not find anything like that WALLAH By Allah.As well as other issues of Aqeeda that you may know better then me as you do profess to be a shia. May this Beneifet you and all that read this and may what i have typed Be of more benefit to me then the time i would have spent seeking knowledge or doing some other good deed. 

You are a liar and illiterate about what you are following. 

• 1 year later...

To OP so you think 12er imamis of today are better than all of the shia of Ali/Hasan/Hussain

well shias can be divided into many groups, and even the 12ers of course are in groups and sub-groups in all directions.

but one thing makes me confident about the number 12. the application of that number in the quran numerological, as well as 12 sons of israel, 12 months of the year, … etc etc

and above all, i take it extra serious because in suni islam there is talk about 12 caliphs .

i hope that answers something

(salam)

Brother. what do you mean by Shia kharijite?

(wasalam)

like the shias who turned against him when he was forced to stop at siffin, and the kharijite ibn Maljam who finally martyred him

the word kharijite is derived from the Arab word khuruj which means simple going out. So they went out of the true way of Islam , and split off from ahlulbayt 

• 1 year later...
  • Basic Members

Reply to the Peace Seeker

I am truly surprised at your confidence that Shia is the right path, and I wonder, how can a religion that came into being after the demise of the Prophet  (SAW) be the true religion? There was nothing like Shia during the time of the Prophet (SAW). Come to think. Shia came entirely with a different set of Pillars of Pillars from the Islam the Prophet (SAW) taught us.

In his book of USULUL-KAHFI,  Ya'aqub Al-Kulaini left no one in doubt as to what Shia is all about. He says the following concerning the Pillars of Islam:

افترى الكليني على أبي جعفر أنه قال: (بني الإسلام على خمس: على الصلاة، والزكاة، والصوم، والحخ، والولاية، ولم ينادبشىء كما نودي بالولاية) - أصول الكافي ٤٣٤/٤ (كتاب الإيمان والكفر ح ا باب دعائم الإسلام)

وافتر عليه أيضا رحمه الله أنه قال  (بني الإسلام على خمس أشياء: على الصلاة، والزكاة، والحخ، والصوم، والولاية، قال زرارة: فقلت: وأي شيء من ذلك أفضل؟ فقال:الولاية أفضل لأنها مفتاحهن) - أصول الكافي ٤٣٥/٢ (كتاب الإيمان والكفر ح ٥ باب دعائم الإسلام)

Where is the SHAHADA in this? How come WILAYAH to Ali (RA) and his family supplants the allegiance to Allah (SWT)? 

Let us look at the real teaching of the Prophet (SAW) in an authentic hadith in Arba'una Hadith of Imam Nawawi which indicates the true Pillars of Islam:

عَنْ عُمَرَ رَضِيَ اللهُ تَعَالَى عَنْهُ أَيضاً قَال: بَيْنَمَا نَحْنُ جُلُوْسٌ عِنْدَ رَسُولِ اللهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم ذَاتَ يَوْمٍ إِذْ طَلَعَ عَلَيْنَا رَجُلٌ شَدِيْدُ بَيَاضِ الثِّيَابِ شَدِيْدُ سَوَادِ الشَّعْرِ لاَ يُرَى عَلَيْهِ أَثَرُ السَّفَرِ وَلاَ يَعْرِفُهُ مِنَّا أَحَدٌ حَتَّى جَلَسَ إِلَى النَّبِـي صلى الله عليه وسلم فَأَسْنَدَ رُكْبَتَيْهِ إِلَى رُكْبَتَيْهِ وَوَضَعَ كَفَّيْهِ عَلَى فَخِذَيْهِ وَقَالَ: يَا مُحَمَّدُ أَخْبِرْنِي عَنِ الإِسْلاَم، فَقَالَ رَسُولُ اللهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم: (الإِسْلاَمُ أَنْ تَشْهَدَ أَنْ لاَ إِلَهَ إِلاَّ اللهُ وَ أَنَّ مُحَمَّدَاً رَسُولُ الله،وَتُقِيْمَ الصَّلاَة، وَتُؤْتِيَ الزَّكَاةَ،وَتَصُوْمَ رَمَضَانَ، وَتَحُجَّ البيْتَ إِنِ اِسْتَطَعتَ إِليْهِ سَبِيْلاً)، قَالَ: صَدَقْتَ. فَعَجِبْنَا لَهُ يَسْأَلُهُ وَيُصَدِّقُهُ، قَالَ: فَأَخْبِرْنِيْ عَنِ الإِيْمَانِ، قَالَ: (أَنْ تُؤْمِنَ بِالله،وَمَلائِكَتِه،وَكُتُبِهِ وَرُسُلِهِ،وَالْيَوْمِ الآَخِر،وَتُؤْمِنَ بِالقَدَرِ خَيْرِهِ وَشَرِّهِ)، قَالَ: صَدَقْتَ، قَالَ: فَأَخْبِرْنِيْ عَنِ الإِحْسَانِ، قَالَ: (أَنْ تَعْبُدَ اللهَ كَأَنَّكَ تَرَاهُ، فَإِنْ لَمْ تَكُنْ تَرَاهُ فَإِنَّهُ يَرَاكَ)، قَالَ: فَأَخْبِرْنِي عَنِ السَّاعَةِ، قَالَ: (مَا الْمَسئُوُلُ عَنْهَا بِأَعْلَمَ مِنَ السَّائِلِ)، قَالَ: فَأَخْبِرْنِيْ عَنْ أَمَارَاتِها، قَالَ: (أَنْ تَلِدَ الأَمَةُ رَبَّتَهَا،وَأَنْ تَرى الْحُفَاةَ العُرَاةَ العَالَةَ رِعَاءَ الشَّاءِ يَتَطَاوَلُوْنَ فِي البُنْيَانِ)، ثُمَّ انْطَلَقَ فَلَبِثَ مَلِيَّاً ثُمَّ قَالَ: (يَا عُمَرُ أتَدْرِي مَنِ السَّائِلُ؟) قُلْتُ: اللهُ وَرَسُوله أَعْلَمُ، قَالَ: (فَإِنَّهُ جِبْرِيْلُ أَتَاكُمْ يُعَلِّمُكُمْ دِيْنَكُمْ). رواه مُسلِمٌ

In Surah Al-Baqara, Verse 177, thesee issues were raised in no uncertain terms as thus:

Surah Al-Baqara, Verse 177:

لَّيْسَ الْبِرَّ أَن تُوَلُّوا وُجُوهَكُمْ قِبَلَ الْمَشْرِقِ وَالْمَغْرِبِ وَلَٰكِنَّ الْبِرَّ مَنْ آمَنَ بِاللَّهِ وَالْيَوْمِ الْآخِرِ وَالْمَلَائِكَةِ وَالْكِتَابِ وَالنَّبِيِّينَ وَآتَى الْمَالَ عَلَىٰ حُبِّهِ ذَوِي الْقُرْبَىٰ وَالْيَتَامَىٰ وَالْمَسَاكِينَ وَابْنَ السَّبِيلِ وَالسَّائِلِينَ وَفِي الرِّقَابِ وَأَقَامَ الصَّلَاةَ وَآتَى الزَّكَاةَ وَالْمُوفُونَ بِعَهْدِهِمْ إِذَا عَاهَدُوا وَالصَّابِرِينَ فِي الْبَأْسَاءِ وَالضَّرَّاءِ وَحِينَ الْبَأْسِ أُولَٰئِكَ الَّذِينَ صَدَقُوا وَأُولَٰئِكَ هُمُ الْمُتَّقُونَ