Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

My Daily Good Deeds Checklist

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

MashAllah sis this list is truly wonderful, it is very fulfilling to be at this stage, may Allah help you keep it up. For some of us it may be difficult at first because everything requires discipline and to build up slowly. For example, for someone who hasn't ever prayed salatul layl or used to do it but not anymore and wants to go back to that, should perhaps start with a more attainable goal such as performing it once a week, then twice a week, and so on.... or maybe even start with salatul witr before fajr prayer and then salat al shafa'a & al witr and then all of it eventually. This gradual build up in my view, also applies to the daily lecture and the recitation of Qur'an. Maybe some don't know how to read it or read it very slowly and it can get frustrating to recite a whole juzz daily so they should do whats best to their current capabilities. One ayah is better than nothing of course but we should always be willing to push ourselves more. 

The rest of the list seems very well attainable :) inshAllah we all can be better.  Thank you!

• Advanced Member

(bismillah)

(salam)

-Recite Ayat Al-kursi everyday, especially every Friday before you go to sleep.

-Recite Surat Al-Jum'ah on friday

-Try to learn Tajweed if you have the time for it. 

May Allah reward you

• Advanced Member

Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought one got more thawab for good deeds when they were kept secret? No, I'm not accusing you of showing off, but sharing what personal good deeds you do makes gets you less thawab right?

Edited by Ruffles
  • Advanced Member

Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought one got more thawab for good deeds when they were kept secret? No, I'm not accusing you of showing off, but sharing what personal good deeds you do makes gets you less thawab right?

It can also motivate others to do good deeds.

• Advanced Member

It can also motivate others to do good deeds.

Or I can have an idea of where I am lagging behind. 

Opppsss. I had no idea though. 

Edited by Sapphire

I am glad someone noted this already and i will reiterate this. 

Stop publicizing your good deeds for they are burned off right away. Even when you give a single penny in secret, Shaitan tries every possible way to take even that small good deed away from you. My intention is to warn others from posting this.

Making your good deeds public is a huge red flag (if I were in your shoes I would basically consider my good deeds gone by now. I am not implying that Allah has accepted them or not but rather I prefer to take the caution route as it has always been advised in Islam). 

Anyways, this is a disease of soul called Sum'ah which is a branch of 'Riya. "Sum’ah means to orally transmit one’s good qualities to the ears of people for the purpose of attracting them and publicizing oneself, and this tendency is a branch of the vicious tree of riya’. "

I have always advice many brothers/sisters on SC before to hide their good deeds or else on day of Qaymat we would find our scrolls empty since we ourselves don't know our Nafs to see how our one action is filled with arrogance/riya/hasd etc. The mukhliseen goes to great length in order to hide their good deeds.

May Allah accept our deeds, we really are not worthy of His gifts. 

Edited by awaiting_for_the.12th
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Advanced Member

Aslam e elukum brothers and sisters,

I thought this would be a good way to keep a check on my religious activities on a daily basis. I am regular with most of the activities on my checklist but some need work.

So here goes,

1. Pray five times a day.

2. Salat ul Layl daily.

3. Recite at least one ruku of the Holy Quran with tafseer.

4. Watch one Islamic lecture daily.

5. Countless Salawats.

6. Thanking Allah(SWT) as much as I can.

7. Perform as many acts of kindness as I can.

8. Making dua for everyone I know.

Please make additions to the list and let me know if I am missing anything. I would love your feedback.

Let's all work together in this temporary world for our life in the permanent one.

May Allah(SWT) make us all into true believers and true followers of Prophet MUHAMMAD(SAWW) and the AHL UL BAIT(AS). Ameen.

WS

Do you make a list of your daily bad deeds too? Don't share them with us but it is better to remember your bad deeds at the end of the day and try to refrain from doing them the following day.

• 4 months later...
  • Forum Administrators

Stop publicizing your good deeds for they are burned off right away. Even when you give a single penny in secret, Shaitan tries every possible way to take even that small good deed away from you. My intention is to warn others from posting this.

Making your good deeds public is a huge red flag (if I were in your shoes I would basically consider my good deeds gone by now. I am not implying that Allah has accepted them or not but rather I prefer to take the caution route as it has always been advised in Islam). 

Anyways, this is a disease of soul called Sum'ah which is a branch of 'Riya. "Sum’ah means to orally transmit one’s good qualities to the ears of people for the purpose of attracting them and publicizing oneself, and this tendency is a branch of the vicious tree of riya’. "

I have always advice many brothers/sisters on SC before to hide their good deeds or else on day of Qaymat we would find our scrolls empty since we ourselves don't know our Nafs to see how our one action is filled with arrogance/riya/hasd etc. The mukhliseen goes to great length in order to hide their good deeds.

Overdramatizing much?  Good grief. 

Nobody here knows each other.  Let people express their excitement and passion here, under the veil of anonymity.  People want to improve themselves, and I can't find a better place then here to let it all out.  To breathe, to get fresh air.  Consider this a mercy of our modern world.  There's no harm in this. 

Stop making people feel guilty for wanting to shout out and spontaneously express themselves positively. 

• Advanced Member

Firstly, the sister said she was unaware of the problem with making good deeds public and secondly, your post implicitly assumes she is intending to "show off" about her good efforts.  She did not say that in her posts. Do you claim to be aware of her intentions? You should remember our default position should be to think the best of fellow believers until proven otherwise, to make 70 excuses for another believer.

It's a very different thing to be intent on showing off around other people in the real world that know your identity, versus coming on here an anonymously and posting a record of your efforts during this special month that others can benefit from.  I see nothing wrong with it if the intention is to encourage ourselves and each other whilst being careful to remain anonymous. If no one knows her true identity then she is not in fact making her good deeds public

We should all be very careful about how we warn others.

And Allah knows best.

Edited by keys2paradise