Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Rate this topic

Salaams Brothers and Sisters,

My question relates to istekhara for marriage

Is it permissible for a man to do an istekhara for marrying a woman without informing her or asking her? 

I ask this because I have read that going against an istekhara is not allowed, so if the istekhara comes good, isn't it obligatory on BOTH of them to get married? 

Also, I hear istekhara can change with time. Is this true? 

Is it even allowed to do istekhara anymore because nowadays it's being used as a reason for not making a big decision and just relying on istekhara?

When should istekhara for marriage be done? Both the people think they are good and decent people, yet if someone is not 100% sure, should they resort to istekhara? 

And if istekhara comes bad, can one still consider marriage with the same person after a certain amount of time, when circumstances have changed? 

Lastly, is our partner destined for us, or is there any way that we can make dua to Allah for Him to grant us the person we wish to marry but can't at the moment? 

Duas can change destiny. Allah accepts all duas that are legitimate. Isn't dua for marrying a specific person a legitimate desire? 

Thanks a lot in advance for your responses.

Salamo Aleykom

If the istakharah is good then its not wajib to do the act. But as far as I know if the istakharah is bad then a person should not do the act. It is permissible to do istakharah about marrying a lady without asking her about it.

The ilm of istakharah isnt Equal in all of the olamaa. Some few olama in the world have real spiritual Power of seeing VERY correct istakharahs. (People like late Ayatullah Sayyid Abdul KAreem Kashmiri) There are still Olama like them in Qom living in this time.

Sister out of experience (and this experience is VERY VERY VERY powerful one) its better to ask Allah for "what is best for you" :)

Salamo Aleykom

If the istakharah is good then its not wajib to do the act. But as far as I know if the istakharah is bad then a person should not do the act. It is permissible to do istakharah about marrying a lady without asking her about it.

The ilm of istakharah isnt Equal in all of the olamaa. Some few olama in the world have real spiritual Power of seeing VERY correct istakharahs. (People like late Ayatullah Sayyid Abdul KAreem Kashmiri) There are still Olama like them in Qom living in this time.

Sister out of experience (and this experience is VERY VERY VERY powerful one) its better to ask Allah for "what is best for you" :)

Thank you so much for your response. I appreciate it. I shall pray to Allah to do what is best for the man himself and for me :)