Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
pakistanyar

The Deen Show - Shiaism

Rate this topic

This is pretty bad, don't watch it if you cant handle it. Deen Show is super popular amongst Sunnis I think.

I didn't get through all of it. As usual accuses Shia of giving divinity to Imams and ect.

My purpose was just to inform people that these things are in everyday English channels now. Know what you are facing and how to react towards it.

Once again, I wouldn't encourage you to watch all of it cause you'll just have a bad day.

WE HAVE A HUGE TASK in the U.S and English speaking countries to undue these accusations. Need to start somewhere or Shiaism will disappear in America.

Edited by pakistanyar

Why don't these people read a darn book!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. 

I could have not said it any better. Seriously what the heck is wrong with these people? Are they mentally unstable? What drives them to propagate such ridiculous claims out of ignorance? Where is their intellect? What drives them to allude to such baseless conclusions? It's 2014, not the 700's, and they have been repeating the same recycled rubbish nonsense ever since. 

Islam is simple. Quran and Ahlulbayt(as). I don't know why these people find it so hard to swallow such concept. To make it worse, you have their brainless sheep followers parroting what their Rabbis spit out when they themselves haven't used their Aql to make their own judgement.

Nevertheless, if there are among them who hold an atom's weight of sincerity in their hearts, then may Allah(swt) have mercy on those ones. Otherwise, may they face Allah's(swt) wrath in the Akhira if they continue to follow the path of iblees(la). 

And peace and blessings upon those who follow guidance and the righteous path. 

Yeah, the thing is that this is not a video from just another typical wahabbi calling shias kafir on youtube. This is a video from a very famous TV channel, which has MILLIONS of viewers all around the globe, and many non-Muslims trying to learn about Islam. And therefore we should not take this lightly. 

Then it is the duty of our knowledgeable ones and those with good video making skills to prove it to viewers that every thing that was said in that program was all lies and misconceptions. 

If we don't, then viewers most likely would think that we don't have any answers and that every thing that the "sheikh" in the video said, was correct. 

Just look at some of their comments:

"This is a very important subject i've been trying to find videos about. Thanks a lot deen show for being one of the first real informative ones. You are gonna help clarify a lot of things for a lot of people."

Edited by SlaveOfAllah14

So he started it by talking about Tatbir.  He asks "Does Islam have anything to do with this?"

Ofcourse not. But thats the problem with who support it.

People when they type Shia on google they wither get shia le beouf or tatbir.

Fix within your society so you don't find people looking at your wrong.

When people come to learn about Shia, they find Tatbir. Do you think anyone would want to learn about a religion that has a picture of a person hitting himself with a sword? Of course, Sunnis would take advantage of the ignorance of many Shia, and put these pictures as a start, so Sunnis would say, these Shia are plain stupid.

Blame the ignorant Shia that are turning our religion into a circus, don't blame the Sunnis for thinking so.

(salam)

Please someone here with good knowledge and good video making skills reply to this nonesence. It is a jihad for us to defend our madhab when these tv channels with millions of viewers attack our beliefs. Also it would be unjust for those many non-muslim viewers who are only shown tricks and lies about our madhab.

Hope someone out there posts a very good video in refuting every single lies and misconceptions that they raised agains our beautiful madhab.

(wasalam)

(salam) 

Trust that this is happening. There is a dutch YT series being made right now called 'The Truth is Coming' and the makers intend to tackle many of these misconceptions. InshAllah i am sure there are/will be others also. We can all strive to call these things out when we see them and remember that anyone sincerely seeking for truth and understanding will not make a video like this their 1st and last port of call.

So Shi3I4lyf posted a response video which is one of the older videos. This is better than nothing.

Make sure you subscribe to Shi34lyf. We should plan an online fundraiser for his efforts and support.

link

Hyder Husayns thread is really good.

Also maybe contact Ahlal Bayt TV for such efforts, but we need to help financially....

Edited by pakistanyar

There are already many Shia videos on YouTube.  But viewership is relatively small, and its mostly just other Shias watching.  It's mostly just recorded lectures and cheap powerpoints over a nohe.  It mostly appeals to the already convinced and converted.  There is no mass appeal.

(bismillah)

(salam)

Is this a tv show that actually comes on TV? if so, in what country? This is the first time I have heard of it.

(wasalam)

(Wasalam) brother,

Well, according to their website, http://www.thedeenshow.com/page/about , it is broadcasted from America and has millions of views internationally. "TheDeenShow is viewed internationally reaching millions of viewers on several satellite and cable stations all over the world from Islam Channel, Iqra Tv, Huda Tv, Guide Us Tv, CanTv and more."

Edited by SlaveOfAllah14

Remember, when truth isn't on your side, you need a more sophisticated media to push the agenda.  If it is one that is unnatural and manufactured, it must be cleverly and persistently pushed to maintain its relevance and survival.  Because falsehood, by definition, inevitably would disappear otherwise if not put on this kind of artificial life support.   

The fact that Shia beliefs, despite its followers marginalized for centuries and its minimal mass media apparatus, has continued to not only survive but grow stronger up to the present day, should tell you a lot.  So maybe this can be acknowledged.

Also you have to wonder about the makers and viewers of this video.  I'm not talking about their lack of honest intention, academic rigor or balanced speakers.  If you look more carefully, you can see a sort of fear in their hearts and their eyes.  They are afraid.  They are aggravated about something.  There is hastiness and desperation.  A lot of chauvinism, self-pride, and a system of self-esteem built on putting others down.

THey have a clip in that video of an sayyed alim saying " The Imams say 'Be' and it is'

I think things like that is what makes sunnis think Shia are kaffir.

Lol this guy said Shia believe Jibrael stayed on Earth and gave the Imams revelations

So he started it by talking about Tatbir.  He asks "Does Islam have anything to do with this?"

Ofcourse not. But thats the problem with who support it.

People when they type Shia on google they wither get shia le beouf or tatbir.

Fix within your society so you don't find people looking at your wrong.

When people come to learn about Shia, they find Tatbir. Do you think anyone would want to learn about a religion that has a picture of a person hitting himself with a sword? Of course, Sunnis would take advantage of the ignorance of many Shia, and put these pictures as a start, so Sunnis would say, these Shia are plain stupid.

Blame the ignorant Shia that are turning our religion into a circus, don't blame the Sunnis for thinking so.

But sadly, there are actually scholars who believe  doing tatbir or zanjer  is not against Islam  , and some who even  promote this act. 

Edited by Nima

This is pretty bad, don't watch it if you cant handle it. Deen Show is super popular amongst Sunnis I think.

I didn't get through all of it. As usual accuses Shia of giving divinity to Imams and ect.

My purpose was just to inform people that these things are in everyday English channels now. Know what you are facing and how to react towards it.

Once again, I wouldn't encourage you to watch all of it cause you'll just have a bad day.

WE HAVE A HUGE TASK in the U.S and English speaking countries to undue these accusations. Need to start somewhere or Shiaism will disappear in America.

So they show a most extremist form of Shi'ism as their example...

The guys in the video look full on like they were enjoying it a bit too much.

Edited by TheLoneCrusader

But sadly, there are actually scholars who believe  doing tatbir or zanjer  is not against Islam  , and some who even  promote this act. 

Then don't blame others for looking at us like that.

Lets say you are not Shia, and you become curious to know what Shia is. Suddenly you see a video of someone beating himself with a sword or chain, with blood coming out of his head or back.

Would you honestly be really interested to know about such a faith? 

This is a very unfair way to represent Shia Islam to their masses, especially with their portrayal on Tatbir and how supposedly, every Shia does it, when in reality, only a minority do.

Not that I'm advocating against Tatbir, it is still false on their part to say that Tatbir is predominantly accepted in every Shia community. 

It's like us Shias saying that all Sunnis dance to Music as part of their worship, like what the Tahir Al-Qadri or the Breveli movements do. In reality, the Brelevis and the Tahir AlQadri movements make up a significant portion in the Sunni community, more significant than the Tatbiri Shias in the Shia community. 

Again. I am not comparing Tatbir to this nonsense. Just trying to compare the statistics.

Very very unfair....

Edited by Taqwa

This is a very unfair way to represent Shia Islam to their masses, especially with their portrayal on Tatbir and how supposedly, every Shia does it, when in reality, only a minority do.

Not that I'm advocating against Tatbir, it is still false on their part to say that Tatbir is predominantly accepted in every Shia community. 

It's like us Shias saying that all Sunnis dance to Music as part of their worship, like what the Tahir Al-Qadri or the Breveli movements do. In reality, the Brelevis and the Tahir AlQadri movements make up a significant portion in the Sunni community, more significant than the Tatbiri Shias in the Shia community. 

Again. I am not comparing Tatbir to this nonsense. Just trying to compare the statistics.

Very very unfair....

I hope you are aware that in the video you put, they're not Sunni, but they are Sufis. 

And even if they are Sunnis and dancing. Why during Mawleds, Shia don't dance?

Don't talk about Sunnis when you yourself aren't any better when criticising them. Criticize someone with the truth, or you are a liar just as much as a Wahhabist is.

Guys dont worry. No one even watches this show besides the already brainwashed followers of theirs. SubhanAllah, they plan and Allah plans, and Allah is the best of All Planners. Trust me, these videos will def. bring people to the path of Ahlulbayt. Especially those who seek the truth. If you compare our lecturers and theirs, you will see a huge difference in the methods and ahqlaq used.

How do you think Islam became the number one growing religion in these past 14 years?

(wasalam)

Edited by PureEthics

Shi'isms greatest feat (at least for the western non muslims I know) is that it's followers are more pious, more visibly god-fearing.

A very important commandment of Jesus about how to distinguish between false prophets or true prophets is:

Watch out for false prophets. They come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ferocious wolves.

By their fruit you will recognize them.

Do people pick grapes from thornbushes, or figs from thistles?

Likewise, every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit.

A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, and a bad tree cannot bear good fruit.

Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire.

Thus, by their fruit you will recognize them.

Jesus Christ according to the gospel of St. Matthew 7:15 - 20

So if non-muslims are able avoid completely rejecting islam because of their anger against "salafists" they would naturally be drawn towards shi'ism.

I think that was Taqwas point.

That anything could be taken from any sect and misrepresented. I don't think he/she meant to criticize anyone .

Our sect isn't misrepresented, you have Shia Ulemas who say Tatbir is a part of our religion.

These people give a bad image of our religion. And they're not a minority, and they're not small neighbourhood Ulema either.

Our sect isn't misrepresented, you have Shia Ulemas who say Tatbir is a part of our religion.

These people give a bad image of our religion. And they're not a minority, and they're not small neighbourhood Ulema either.

Again you have the same thing in their sects. Different scholars disagree in any sect on many topics.

I can identify myself as a Shia and still say I don't agree with tatbir. One doesn't necessarily determine another.

But I do disagree with tatbir and do agree with u that our scholars should eliminate it since the effect is destrictive.