Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Hassan_S

I Sin, But My Prayers Are Always Answered?

Rate this topic

Salamualaykum

I'm curious, I'm lacking in terms of my duty to Allah swt, but I notice that my prayers are 90% (if I'm not mistaken) granted... Any ideas as to why that is? A Hadith maybe? Thanks in advance!

The Duas being answered doesn't mean the goodness of a sinner, but it can shows that he is getting forgotten by God. The Qur'an name this as "Istidraj". The Qur'an says:

"وَ الَّذينَ كَذَّبُوا بِآياتِنا سَنَسْتَدْرِجُهُمْ مِنْ حَيْثُ لا يَعْلَمُون"

"And (as to) those who reject Our Communications, We draw them near (to destruction) by degrees from whence they know not"

(7:182)

I find that when I try to get closer to Allah I suddenly go through hardship. Praying becomes more difficult and I face more challenges. And if I then fail It gets easier again. Allah cares for those who care about their deen I guess. So if you put effort in you will be tested. If you pass these test then you have succeeded. Those who have lost their akhira seem to be enjoying this world. But what would you rather?

A man came to Al-Hasan Al-Basri and said: “I heard you say that if you commit sins, then Allāh prevents you from things. "I do all the sins that you can think of and don’t do many good deeds. I have a beautiful wife & beautiful kids & a lot of money & land & am successful.  Allāh did not prevent me from anything. How is it that you say that because of sins Allāh prevents you?”

He replied: “Do you pray qiyāmul-layl? Do you enjoy your dua? Do you enjoy your ṣalāh? That is enough prevention that He prevented you from communicating with Him.” 

Asalam Alykum,

Be grateful and pray that the Imam (A.S.) of our Time arrive. Our sins are forgiven and in the day of judgement do not question us and let us be the ones who can enter paradise without questioning.

If you get a moment please please pray that the idiot behind the tearsofregret name [ME!] is forgiven entirely!

Its up to Allah to whom he listens and when. Alhamdulillah be grateful. It doesn't show you are in sins or Allah is forgetting you.  Only Allah knows.

Ma'Salam

Salam,

Know that when Allah continues to give you blessing after blessing despite the fact that you are disobeying him he is either,

1. Giving you a chance to turn back to him, because as you know Allah is arrahman ar raheem, and he wants you to ponder over the fact, that such a god who is giving me blessing despite me not being obedient, is giving me a hint that i must be doing something wrong, thus i should turn back to him.

2.He is giving you all good in this world, thus the punishment on the day of judgment will be more severe and eternal.because many times you find that Insaan's heart can be so hard that despite the fact Allah keeps doing good to him, he never realizes it and goes into a state of ghaflah. Therefore Allah just rewards him in this world and he is punished forever in the hereafter.

Remember, a true believer is one who is always going through trials and tribulations, because only tests those whom he loves.

Hopes this helps Ya Akhi. :)

^

(salam)

I'm not sure if I'd agree there. People are tested in various different ways in different capacities because not all people who are disobedient are getting blessings. Infact a person may receive many blessings whether he is obedient or not, but then if a person is disobedient, he is less likely to be thankful for them.

There are people who are pious believers but can still have a content, happy life. Actually, it is in the disobedience to Allah that brings around depression & a feeling of incompleteness; always chasing after the world to fulfill the evil desires which doesn't make a person happy at all.  It is in the obedience of Allah, that a person finds eternal tranquility.

(bismillah)

(salam)

There are some important points

1- if you commit sins and Allah doesn't punish you that doesn't mean any of followings :

- God has forgiven you

- God likes you even when you are committing sins (God likes us and all the creatures in general)

- It is OK to commit sins because there is no punishment but also blessings

But it could mean :

- God want tn remind you that he is the who has given you this blessings and help you to return to him 

- God has let you to do any thing in donya with all his blessing then the punishment in akhirah would be multiplied ( this is exactly the meaning of many ayaat in Quran which say that God has led them astray or God will led astray whoever he want . the point is that God doesn't lead them astray from beginning but when he saw that there are not coming back to the right pass any more gave them every thing to let them do what ever they want then in akhirah their punishment is multiplied (this point needs a new topic) )

-  God is so generous and gives you his bounties and waits for you to come back and when you return to God again he would be happy (this has been quoted from Hadith)

- God gives you all blessing you deserve because of your good deed in donya so you will enter the hell in akhirah directly

2- the next point which is way important than last one is how to understand which of these meaning is appropriate for us?

to make a (really) long story short there is no way to knew that .

This is a very controversial point in Islamic ethics which called " Khof and Raja" (fear and hope) fear of punishment and hope for forgiveness.

the conclusion of this controversy is that we always must do our duties in the best way that we can and hope for forgiveness for the sins we committed because we were Ghafel (unaware) or satan misled us.

hope this could be of any help! B)  

Salam

Some times we get our reward here and nothing in the hearafter...

Some times the life we have been put in to, has holds over us and we do not like them, so the intension is more important...

I do know what you mean, because the same happens with me !!!

I find that when I try to get closer to Allah I suddenly go through hardship. Praying becomes more difficult and I face more challenges. And if I then fail It gets easier again. Allah cares for those who care about their deen I guess. So if you put effort in you will be tested. If you pass these test then you have succeeded. Those who have lost their akhira seem to be enjoying this world. But what would you rather?

I have gone astray but none of my duas are answered. Maybe because my most asked dua is to lead me back to the right path of Islam. Not happening at the moment :( 

Salaam alykum

this is the topic which is brought up in holy Quran many times.

they start with " و اذا اذقنا الناس منا رحمة" or "و اذا انعمنا علی الانسان" etc.

but what is granted by all of these verses is that Allah's blessing doesn't indicate his approval towards your action nor his forgiveness of your sin.

Allah is Razaaq.

you're in doubt about what you call accepting of your prayers, but I'm going further you must be in doubt about your food, your drinks , about all of your life, how come he lets you breathe, meanwhile you did not obey him.

you're in doubt about what you asked Allah but obviously you must doubt about what you didn't ask Allah.(like what I have just mentioned)

the answer is because Allah is Razaaq.

you shouldn't be misleaded by them

(salam)

Well, I quite agree with the way Malik.Ashtar explained the story. It was comprehensive and helpful.

After all what we are supposed to do is our Islamic duties. And what we get from Allah could be looked at in three ways:

1. to think that it is a reward of something you've done. And this is the optimism leading to "raja" or hope. 
  2. to think that it is actually a punishment to distract you from going back to God, since you were a bad Abd of Allah; as explained by "narsis" in #5. And this is the pessimism - in its good sense - that leads to "khawf" or fear.
  3. to think that it has nothing to do with what you did.

Well you have to consider all these possibilities and try to:

1.  thank Allah for possibly rewarding you for your good deeds.
  2. ask Allah's forgiveness for whatever sin you committed that could make you end up in "Istidraj".
  3. and ask for Allah's help in further tests during your life which may follow the blessing that you just received form him.

How was that, ha? :unsure:

:lol:

(wasalam)  

One Must Fear the Acceptance of His Prayers

If a prayer is not accepted it should be feared that (maybe) it is because

of our sins. And if it is granted, it may be that one is so disliked by Allah

(S.w.T.) that He could not stand his invocation again and again and has

thus accepted his prayers immediately.

Delay in the Acceptance of Prayers Causes Nearness to Allah

(S.w.T.)

Prayers May Not Be Accepted Due to Sins

Sometimes the sins of a person come in the way of the acceptance of his

prayers. At other times Allah (S.w.T.) may delay the acceptance due to

some hidden wisdom. This would compel the person to repeat his prayers

and thus he would be entitled for additional Tawāb. The opportunity

to invocate is itself a blessing of Allah (S.w.T.).

Another possibility is that Allah (S.w.T.) wishes to hear the entreaties

of His creature many times before He fulfills his wishes.