Sign in to follow this  
Barabika

One Trait From Each Infallible

Rate this topic

What is the one thing you would learn from each of the infallibles?

The Holy Prophet (SAWS): Attitude (Akhlaq)

Imam Ali (AS): Productivity

Lady Fatima (SA): Grit

Imam Hassan (AS): Understanding Masleha

Imam Hussain (AS): Being a free man

Imam Sajjad (AS): Worship

Imam Baqir (AS): Science

Imam Sadiq (AS): Honesty

Imam Musa (AS): Dealing with Anger

Imam Redha (AS): Quran

Imam Jawad (AS): Generosity

Imam Hadi (AS):

Imam Hassan al-Askari (AS): Secret Keeping

Imam Mahdi (AS): Patience

May not be very deep, but just think if you could practice to have every single one of those traits… where would we be today?

Imam Hadi (as):

That is very saddening !

This shoes that Imam Hadi a.s. is maybe the most oppressed Imam . the ahadith about the Imam is very few that even shias can name a special trait for him. (Although we believe Imams are the same nour and traits are equal for all of them . it's just the era and area that make their traits visible to us)

Imam Hadi a.s. was not only oppressed in his time but he is oppressed in our time , even by bombing his shrine (by takferies ) or by ignorance toward him (by shias) 

اللهم صل علی محمد و آل محمد و عجل فرجهم 

After searching and asking I found these two trait for our beloved and oppressed Imam Hadi ('alah i asslam) 

in the zeyarah of Lady Fatima Al-Ma'sumah we read :

السلام علی علی بن محمد النقی الناصح الامین 

He was both benevolent (or adviser) and trustworthy 

​May Allah's peace and blessing be upon him and his ancestors  (as)

Edited by Malik.Ashtar

salamun alaykum

Imam Hādi (as) was contemporary with Abāsi’s caliphs and especially with Motivakkel.  In the time, Imam had a very hard situation due to social and political predicament but he (as) succeeded in guiding Shia community secretly. So as his name shows he was a great guide (Hādi) in a difficult political situation in which guiding other Shia was impossible.

Imam Hādi (as): Guidance

Edited by followers

Bismillah.

Dear Hossein,

Salaamun Alaykum.

Here are some traits which have been mentioned by the Qur’an or Ahādith:

• The Holy Prophet (S): one of the most emphasized attribute of him in the sacred Qur’an is that he is as a mercy for everybody in the Universe (not just Muslims);

"وَ ما أَرْسَلْناكَ إِلاَّ رَحْمَةً لِلْعالَمين"

“We have merely sent you as a mercy for [everybody in] the Universe”.

(The Qur’an 21:107)

• Imam Ali : collection of all Prophets’ virtues; there is narration from Prophet Muhammad (s) in which it is said that:

"كَانَ رَسُولُ اللَّهِ ص جَالِساً فِي جَمَاعَةٍ مِنْ أَصْحَابِهِ إِذْ أَقْبَلَ عَلِيُّ بْنُ أَبِي طَالِبٍ ع فَقَالَ رَسُولُ اللَّهِ ص مَنْ أَرَادَ أَنْ يَنْظُرَ إِلَى آدَمَ فِي عِلْمِهِ وَ إِلَى نُوحٍ فِي حِكْمَتِهِ وَ إِلَى إِبْرَاهِيمَ فِي حِلْمِهِ فَلْيَنْظُرْ إِلَى عَلِيِّ بْنِ أَبِي طَالِب"

“When the Prophet of Allah was sat among a group of his companions, [imam] Ali Ibn Abi Tālib entered; then the Prophet Muhammad said: the one who wants to look at Adam’s knowledge and Noah’s wisdom and Abraham’s forbearance, has to look at Ali Ibn Abi Tālib”

(Bīhār al-Anwār, vol.39, p.35, H.1)

• Lady Fatima (SA): she is the criterion of Allah’s pleasant and anger;

"إِنَّ اللَّهَ لَيَغْضَبُ لِغَضَبِ فَاطِمَةَ وَ يَرْضَى لِرِضَاهَا"

“Verily Allah would be anger if she is anger and He would be pleased when she is pleased”

(Shī‘ī’s resource: al-Amālī p.95 – Sunnī’s resource: Mustadrak al-Hākim vol.3, p.154)

• Imam Hassan : he was the symbol of rationality and intellectuality; the Prophet (s) said:

"لو كان العقل رجلاً لكان الحسن"

“If intellect was a man, it would be Hassan”

(Farā’id as-Samtayn, vol.2, p.68)

• Imam Hussain : there are three specific traits mentioned by the Prophet:

"إِنَّ الْإِجَابَةَ تَحْتَ‏ قُبَّتِهِ‏ وَ الشِّفَاءَ فِي تُرْبَتِهِ وَ الْأَئِمَّةَ مِنْ وُلْدِه‏"

“Prayers would be answered under the dome (of his tomb), the soil of his tomb I healer (for patients) and all Imams after him will be from his progeny”.

(Kifāiah al-Athar fī-n Nass ‘alā ’A‘īmmah al-’Īthnā ‘ashar, p.17)

• Imam Sajjad : Worshiping; one of the most precious prayer treasures of Shia is his prayers book; Sahifah as-Sajjadiyah.

• Imam Baqir : extraordinary knowledge and wisdom; (‘Īlal al-Sharāie‘, vol.1, p.233).

• Imam Sadiq : Honesty and builder of Shia Islam; he built the Shia teaching system through his numerous narrations in different fields of Islamic teachings.

• Imam Musa al-Kāzim : He was very forgiving Imam;

(Bīhār al-Anwār, vol.48, p.10, H.1)

• Imam Ridha : according to Prophet’s narration all sorrows would be perished through visiting him and visiting his grave would causes entering to paradise. (Wasā’il al-Shi‘a, vol.10, p.433-435)

• Imam Jawad : Generosity and piety: (Bīhār al-Anwār, vol.48, p.10, H.1)

• Imam Hadi : Kindness: (al-’Īrshād, vol.2, p.433)

• Imam Hassan al-Askari : he was at the top of greatness; (al-Kāfī, vol.1, p.503)

• Imam Mahdi : Savior of the universe; (the Qur’an 24:55, 28:5).
Edited by narsis

24:35 SHAKIR: Allah is the light of the heavens and the earth; a likeness of His light is as a niche in which is a lamp, the lamp is in a glass, (and) the glass is as it were a brightly shining star, lit from a blessed olive-tree, neither eastern nor western, the oil whereof almost gives light though fire touch it not-- light upon light-- Allah guides to His light whom He pleases, and Allah sets forth parables for men, and Allah is Cognizant of all things.

I noted Kindness next to his name. May God bless his soul. He truly is oppressed today just as he used to be when he was alive. In the Farsi world, there are numorous facebook pages making fun of Imam Hadi Úáíå ÇáÓáÇã. A singer sang a song making fun of Imam Hadi Úáíå ÇáÓáÇã months ago and I wondered, why Imam Hadi Úáíå ÇáÓáÇã?! Of all the Imams. I could understand why an enemy would read a song against Imam Ali Úáíå ÇáÓáÇã or Imam hussain or Imam Mahdi... but of all the Imams, why would someone choose Imam Hadi Úáíå ÇáÓáÇã?!

Then i read a story how the caliph of his time would take a ceremony and invite people just to make fun of Imam Hadi Úáíå ÇáÓáÇã. May God bless his soul. Salawatollahi Alayh.

My idea about this thread was to write one trait of each Imam which we could follow in our everyday life. Like when I lazy doing nothing i remember Imam Baqir and start studying a book or Imam Ridha and start studying the Qur'an. A motive to be a good and active Muslim. Hope it works!

Edited by hossein