Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
HaxisTheShia

Do You Belive In Eye For A Eye?

Rate this topic

Imam Ali (AS) told his son Imam Hasan (AS), that when he dies, a hit for a hit on the head. If he does not die then let him be, if I live than I will forgivs him, if he dies than Allah is the judge. So Imam Hasan hit him and killed him.

I believe that an enemy should be treated the way he treats you. This way he will taste what he does,

and this age is the age to settle scores, or honourless people will get encouragement to do what they will.

Imam Ali (AS) said, ‘Punish the wrongdoer by rewarding the good-doer.’

Imam Ali (AS) said, ‘You may improve the doers of good by honoring them, and rehabilitate the wrongdoers by disciplining them.’

Imam Ali (AS) said, ‘Rehabilitate the wrongdoer by your good deed [towards him], and indicate towards good through your good words.’

Imam Ali (as) said, ‘Punish the wrongdoer by rewarding the good-doer.’

Imam Ali (as) said, ‘You may improve the doers of good by honoring them, and rehabilitate the wrongdoers by disciplining them.’

Imam Ali (as) said, ‘Rehabilitate the wrongdoer by your good deed [towards him], and indicate towards good through your good words.’

I wish Takfiris were worthy of it. Adl demands every score to be settled.

I wish Takfiris were worthy of it. Adl demands every score to be settled.

Takfiris are special case. An Islamic judge would not pardon them even if the victim's family pardons them or agree to get blood money. Takfiris are fitna spreader (mufsideen in Islamic terms) and would be sent to hell once (if) brought to islamic court of law.

Edited by Waiting for HIM

I think the Qur'an puts it beautifully:

And We prescribed to them in it that life is for life, and eye for eye, and nose for nose, and ear for ear, and tooth for tooth, and (that there is) reprisal in wounds; but he who foregoes it, it shall be an expiation for him; and whoever did not judge by what Allah revealed, those are they that are the unjust. [Qur'an 5:45, Shakir]

The recompense for an injury is an injury proportionate to it; but if a person forgives and makes reconciliation he shall be rewarded by Allah; He does not like the wrongdoers. [42:40]

In other words, we have the right to take an eye for an eye, but forgiveness is better. The importance of forgiveness, or 'repelling evil with good' is a common theme in the Qur'an (even linking it to the forgiveness of Allah).

Those who spend (benevolently) in ease as well as in straitness, and those who restrain (their) anger and pardon men; and Allah loves the doers of good (to others). [3:134]

and who are patient in adversity out of a longing for their Sustainer's countenance, and are constant in prayer, and spend on others, secretly and openly, out of what We provide for them as sustenance, and [who] repel evil with good. [13:22]

Repel evil with good - We are fully aware of their slanders [23:96]

Let not those among you who are endowed with grace and amplitude of means swear to withhold their help from their relatives, the indigent and those who left their homes for the cause of Allah - rather let them forgive and overlook - do you not wish that Allah should forgive you? Allah is Forgiving, Merciful. [24:22]

They are the ones who will be given their reward twice, because they have endured with fortitude, repelling evil with good and giving in charity out of what We have given them. [28:54]

Good deeds are not equal to the evil ones. Repel other’s evil deeds with your good deeds. You will see that he with whom you had enmity, will become your close friend. [41:34]

avoid major sins and shameful deeds, forgive even when they are angry [42:37]

Those who endure with fortitude and forgive others, surely exhibit great courage in conducting their affairs. [42:43]

O you who believe! surely from among your wives and your children there is an enemy to you; therefore beware of them; and if you pardon and forbear and forgive, then surely Allah is Forgiving, Merciful. [64:14]

Edited by Haydar Husayn

The weakness in me makes the notion of revenge appealing, but i know the principle of forgiveness is, without doubt, superior and the only thing that can give hope; for myself and for humanity as a whole. Annoyingly, the hardest thing to do is often the better choice >.<

I believe that there should be a harsh punishment for the crime, even eye for an eye (if proven that criminal has done the crime with planning and without any pressure etc).

In India, Rape rate is so high that in every hour or so a girl gets raped & this increase in crime is only because of lack of Tough Law. Eye for an eye will keep the furture

crimes in check and its only reason that our Shariah has made such laws.....!!

Sometimes punishment is necessary, to nip the evil in the bud, evil that can't be corrected, so it doesn't hurt anyone or anything anymore, and that an example is made that may be feared and remembered by society, but this case of punishment is for the betterment of the human or Islamic society.

Rest of the times, for personal, forgiveness is much better. However, to be perfectly honest, if someone literally takes one of my eyes and crosses that line of tolerance, I'll probably lose control and end up pumping them full of lead (if I can still see them properly) and leave them fubar. Its because I'm a sinner with lesser status of faith.  :(

Edited by Darth Vader