Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Are Deobandis And Salafis Very Similar?

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

I know Deobandis are a Sunni sect that is found in Afghanistan, Pakistan, and India and are under the Hanafi school of thought, and Salafis are found mostly in the Arab countries. However, both hate Shia Muslims and often conduct terrorist violence against the Shia. I was wondering what similarities both have apart from their extremism.

The deobandis attack Sheikh ul Islam Ibn Taymiyya and Sheik Muhammad ibn abd al Wahab and they are maturidi in their aqeeda so how on earth would they be similiar to the Salafis? As for hating the shi3a. Abu Hanifa declared the shi3a(Rafidis) kuffar so i dont see why the other non deobandi hanafis wouldnt hate the shi3a(accept for the Barelvis as their founder Aga Rada Khan Barelvi used to use shi3a ahadith and make dua to Ali and was very rafidi in his nature and he held a belief in the 11 the shia claim are their imams.

• Advanced Member

The deobandis attack Sheikh ul Islam Ibn Taymiyya and Sheik Muhammad ibn abd al Wahab and they are maturidi in their aqeeda so how on earth would they be similiar to the Salafis? As for hating the shi3a. Abu Hanifa declared the shi3a(Rafidis) kuffar so i dont see why the other non deobandi hanafis wouldnt hate the shi3a(accept for the Barelvis as their founder Aga Rada Khan Barelvi used to use shi3a ahadith and make dua to Ali and was very rafidi in his nature and he held a belief in the 11 the shia claim are their imams.

Shiekh Ul Islam Ibn Tammiya. I can't believe it. The guy says he likes Ahlul Bayt and spews hate on Fatima e Zahra and Imam Ali. Not directly but you know what I mean.

• Advanced Member

They are not the same but they do share many similar traits. They did insult our great Ibn Taimiyya :P 

Ahmad Raza Khan aka AlaHazrat is known to lump up them as wahabis and their founding fathers were some-what favourable to Sheikh Al Islam Syedna Ameer Ibn Abdul Wahhab (ra). 

read Husam Al-Haramayn, you will be amused :D