Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Unislamic?!?

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

How do you live in an unIslamic environment?

Music(addicted to music), women young & old dressed in a provocative manner,etc.

How do one improve the Iman?

• Advanced Member

Dont listen to music, listen to the Quran and duaa's many found on youtube. Read the Quran and read duaa's. Always stay in the remembrance of Allah. And most importantly try to perfect your daily prayer, for its the core of your deen.

As for women try to lower your gaze and i dont know how old you are but get married if you are not already.

Just remember this world is temporary, there is no point giving in to these desires as they will not bring about much good, and you will have wasted your life and your akhirah.

How do you live in an unIslamic environment?

Music(addicted to music), women young & old dressed in a provocative manner,etc.

How do one improve the Iman?

Easy -

You just make your own circle of friends, only SHIAS and live in that circle. This is who share your bread with, visit them, invite them, & spend time with.

Beyond that circle are co-workers, classmates, acquaintances, and so on.

Beyond that are strangers. You just talk to them in the train, bus, mall, during groceries, and that's about it.

• Veteran Member

Leave such a place. if you can.

In case, you cannot, fight it out.

I will inform you about a largely ignored phenomenon. It is of general resistance.

You need to resist the issues with your influence. 

For example, you see a lady dressed in a provocative manner. Make a tcchh sound. Make sure that she and others listen to the tchh sound. It has a huge impact.  The results wont show right away, but you wont have to wait long. 

This is resistance. 

Another example, tell the one playing the music system, that it irritates/hurts/disturbs you, till the time he stops. You will have to be persistent.

The resistance principle is something that I learnt for office politics and pressures, handling irritating and unislamic people etc. but can be used in other situations too. The basic principle is to make sure that your protest is registered. Be persistent and results will follow. Dont forget performing duas.

Edited by alisayyed
  • Veteran Member
For example, you see a lady dressed in a provocative manner. Make a tcchh sound. Make sure that she and others listen to the tchh sound. It has a huge impact.  The results wont show right away, but you wont have to wait long. 

This is resistance.

This is nonsense.

This might be construed as sexual harassment, which it is under the laws of most civilised countries.

This is nonsense.

This might be construed as sexual harassment, which it is under the laws of most civilised countries.

No its not sexual harassment. All you said tsk sound while looked at something undesirable. I would never do this though.

Self revealing girls (semi naked ones or those tight clothed Islamic ones), there basic desire is to seek attention and to look pretty mostly for other women. Enticing men is just an after thought and a side benefit. What you could do with such acquaintances is don't pay them any attention. If they are your office friends, don't talk to them needlessly (like saying Hi, weather was good etc.) the day they come in such an attire. This way at least you didn't give them what they were looking for, attention and appraisal.

Its not going to solve the problem but at least you didn't become the part to promote it.

• Advanced Member

For example, you see a lady dressed in a provocative manner. Make a tcchh sound. Make sure that she and others listen to the tchh sound. It has a huge impact. The results wont show right away, but you wont have to wait long.

This is resistance.

This is a bad idea & most definitely not 'resistance' of any sort. Resistance would be keeping true to your faith and not succumbing to anything Haraam no matter how hard shaitan plays with your mind. Maybe this strategy of yours may work in a small village on another planet but will not work in Western societies. You can also get yourself in trouble by doing that.

• Veteran Member

This is a bad idea & most definitely not 'resistance' of any sort. Resistance would be keeping true to your faith and not succumbing to anything Haraam no matter how hard shaitan plays with your mind. Maybe this strategy of yours may work in a small village on another planet but will not work in Western societies. You can also get yourself in trouble by doing that.

Going by the info on his handle, he's from India. Well, such a thing will not work in India either. Try doing that to a girl, her male relatives will pounce on you and beat the melted intestines out of you. If she has no male accompanying her, there will suddenly appear a large band of men to protect her from your intrusions.

I can't guarantee such a reaction in a country like Egypt; there you will most probably get away with a lot worse.

• Advanced Member

Going by the info on his handle, he's from India. Well, such a thing will not work in India either. Try doing that to a girl, her male relatives will pounce on you and beat the melted intestines

out of you. If she has no male accompanying

her, there will suddenly appear a large band of

men to protect her from your intrusions.

I can't guarantee such a reaction in a country

like Egypt; there you will most probably get away

with a lot worse.

Yeah I agree it's the same throughout the middle east in older generations, people had guts to protect their women on the streets from harassment and such. But nowadays people just don't care anymore everyone has their own problems to handle day after day; nobody wants to be bothered anymore. It's sad really :(

• Advanced Member

If you are fully occupied with self improvement, you will not have inclination to worry about what others are doing.

1. Set a good example.

2. Keep a cheerful and calm disposition.

3. Lower your gaze, but do it humbly not as if you are superior.

4. Help others when you can.

5. Pray. Fast when you can.

Above all, be your best.

Exactly!

• Veteran Member

When I said resistance, I did not mean the moqawama- resistance.

Anyway, I am not aware of the general social situation of the west, but yes, the tcchh sound may be considered extreme in an office or a school, even in India, but not among unknown people.

I mean, you can show your disappointment in buses and trains, for example, and not only get away with it, but also ensure that some impact is made. At least in India. 

You are not physically hurting anyone. you just showed your disappointment. 

Taking off your gaze, would be a better option in case of known people, like your colleagues and classmates. I should have clarified that, but I did not think deeply enough, I am regretful in this regard. I practice it myself and dont make a tchh sound. Regretful I am.

And, as Marbles said, paying attention to them would only encourage them. A good point indeed.

Edited by alisayyed
  • 5 months later...
  • Advanced Member

Salam,

as it seems, the entire dunya is poisoned. Let's say these modern times are unAfrican/Inhuman. A woman who fornicates(not our problem), gets to find out about her pregnancy after 4-6 months of conception is dead living. Hw can an African queen do that to the future? From conception point till the realisation point, in 'een was smoking & drinking & fornicating with various men, whiles inside a future is developing sickly. What do you think will happen when a man is approached with the news of him being a father to be? He will never be there for the child, the child will be frail growing up. The mother is not to be shunned or looked down upon but to be assisted with her burden, upon realising this(assistance), she lets loose again.

It is my community, my family eating each other up in ignorance.

Brothers are like Cain & Abel, that brother wishes his brother well but as long as he is not better than him...

All the world over is a mess really, let us seek solitude.

ws

• 6 months later...
  • Advanced Member

Salam,

What is a marja n can any being refer to hisself as marja out of parrot 'knowledge' of the Al Quran?

impure intentions of the Community.…

ws

• 4 years later...
  • Advanced Member
On 12/21/2014 at 3:55 PM, Mzwakhe said:

salam,

then I found our local Shia community,

mmhh!!!!

ws

:hahaha: it is not funny, their God, psg?