Sign in to follow this  
The Canuck

Any Good Christian Forums?

Rate this topic

(salam)

Does anyone know of any good christian forums? to learn about christianity and to learn about Jesus (as), and his teachings etc.?  and especially with character building as taught by Jesus (as)?

Thanks in advance!

Or knowledge base websites

Salam

From my vast and broad experience I am incline to believe you are a Muslim. With that conclusion molded in concrete, I am curious as to why you would like to learn about Jesus from a Christian site as we Muslims believe they have the wrong understanding of his being, message and mission?

Repenter, it's good to get an understanding of the theological beliefs of other religions, especially one that is not yours.

It opens your mind and expands your knowledge.

As for Christian forums you can visit "Catholic Answers forum". Google it.

(salam)

The only thing you need to know about evilgelicals is to read the 4 Gospels and keep track of who says what.

What you will find is "Gospels say, Satan says, "son of god", with two not in that category. For the first, compare "Simon/Peter" at the Last Supper in Matthew ("s.o.g." and Jesus says of Peter "get behind me satan") with the same story in Mark and Luke where Smion/Peter does not say this. That's 1 contradicted by 2. Second, the beginning of Mark, which comes from the "secret book of mark" which was a heretical book that the early church had to get control of. So the early church did this, a good thing, and took out the verses that said Jesus was homosexual (nauzbillah), another good thing, but kept the opening which has what satan says --not good.

If you want to "go advanced", then pair-out John where the satanic version is mixed in with the 1st Commandment theme. John contradicts itself within chapters and across chapters.

Edited by inshaAllah
Slightly edited. Added 'nauzbillah'.

Hi Canuck,

Quote: Does anyone know of any good christian forums? to learn about christianity and to learn about Jesus , and his teachings etc.? and especially with character building as taught by Jesus ?

Response: --- When I first came on Shiachat some years ago I asked about the same question, --- I said I wanted to learn about Islam. --- And a Moderator at that time said, ”If you want to learn about Islam, read the Quran.”

So I did, and I have been reading and studying it since.

--- If you try to learn from forums, you simply get other peoples’ opinions, which may not be very helpful.

The way to learn about Jesus and what he taught is to read it in the New Testament which is the New Covenant and it begins with the four Gospel accounts. --- This is where Jesus spoke and taught the disciples.

The fast way to know what Jesus taught is to find a Red Letter Edition of the New King James, the King James or the New American Standard versions, and read the words in red. --- Then you will know all of what Jesus taught. --- Then you can go on to reading the New Testament Book by Book.

Concerning character building as taught by Jesus, the best start is what is called “The Sermon on the Mount” found in Matthew, chapters 5, 6, and 7, which are all in red, --- It begins with the great Message on humility and sincerity, which are certainly ‘character building.’ --- Matthew 5:

1 And seeing the multitudes, He went up on a mountain, and when He was seated His disciples came to Him.

2 Then He opened His mouth and taught them, saying:

3 “Blessed are the poor in spirit, For theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

4 Blessed are those who mourn, For they shall be comforted.

5 Blessed are the meek, For they shall inherit the earth.

6 Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, For they shall be filled.

7 Blessed are the merciful, For they shall obtain mercy.

8 Blessed are the pure in heart, For they shall see God.

9 Blessed are the peacemakers, For they shall be called sons of God.

10 Blessed are those who are persecuted for righteousness’ sake, For theirs is the kingdom of heaven."

11 “Blessed are you when they revile and persecute you, and say all kinds of evil against you falsely for My sake.

12 Rejoice and be exceedingly glad, for great is your reward in heaven, for so they persecuted the prophets who were before you."

13 “You are the salt of the earth; but if the salt loses its flavor, how shall it be seasoned? It is then good for nothing but to be thrown out and trampled underfoot by men."

14 “You are the light of the world. A city that is set on a hill cannot be hidden.

15 Nor do they light a lamp and put it under a basket, but on a lampstand, and it gives light to all who are in the house.

16 Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father in heaven."

This is just the beginning of what Jesus taught so the best way to learn it is first from the Gospels where it is written.

Placid

I've been booted or ignored on every Christian site I've been on.

I would suggest you start with reading the New Testament. Of course pray first, ask God for guidance and understanding.

Don't bother looking for someone else's contradictions, just read what's there.

If God has something to say to you He will.

I've been booted or ignored on every Christian site I've been on.

I would suggest you start with reading the New Testament. Of course pray first, ask God for guidance and understanding.

Don't bother looking for someone else's contradictions, just read what's there.

If God has something to say to you He will.

Hi

When you say "say to you He will " what do you mean by that? How will God "talk" then? In a dream?

Hi Ali-F,

You naturally have to have a measure of Faith to believe in God before you can expect Him to answer.

It tells us in Hebrews 11:

6 But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is (exists), and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him.

And it says in the Book of James 1:

5 If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all liberally and without reproach, and it will be given to him.

But let him ask in faith, with no doubting, for he who doubts is like a wave of the sea driven and tossed by the wind.

For let not that man suppose that he will receive anything from the Lord;

he is a double-minded man, unstable in all his ways.

I am sure you believe in God, and when we are sincere in asking Him, we don't go through any rituals, we simply pray. --- Sometimes God will answer in a dream, --- sometimes with an inner awareness, ---and often in the words of others, or through reading portions of Scripture. --- If you are diligent , God will respond.

Often He surprises us in answering our prayers, --- But we need to be confident that He hears ourprayers, so we trust Him to answer.

There's also OrthodoxChristianity.net but they hate Muslims a lot...

That's sad to hear. :(

(salam)

Does anyone know of any good christian forums?

Greetings the Canuck,

I've never found one. :(

Salaam.

There's also OrthodoxChristianity.net but they hate Muslims a lot...

I just visited the forum. I couldn't find anything particularly offensive to Islam. May be I did not spend enough time.  

But many other sites are far far worse.

Their raison d'être is simply a persistent effort to get at Islam's jugular, at every single moment of their temporal existence.

Edited by IloveImamHussain