Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

All Muslims Are Terrorists?

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

Assalmu alaykum,

As an Econ-Politics student I want to make the General Politics and Current Issues section more active.

What is your opinion on this statement:

"not all Muslims are terrorists, but (nearly) all terrorists are Muslims"

note: this is not my opinion.

Is this unquestionable? 

Do facts show this? 

Sad but true? 

What do you think?

• Advanced Member

A great 

(bismillah)

(salam)

All Terrorists are Muslims…Except the 94% that Aren’t

piechart2.jpg?resize=491%2C491

http://www.loonwatch.com/2010/01/not-all-terrorists-are-muslims/

(wasalam)

A great article indeed. 

Here is the European one, stats presented are from Europol. 

barchart-copy-502x502-custom.jpg?resize=

I made this thread so our Muslim brothers and sisters could reply to those who claim all terrorists are Muslim.

Thank you for your input.

Peace be upon you

• Advanced Member

Keep on parroting this politically correct propaganda. One day you shias will be defending the Taliban.

The more you align terrorism with Muslims, the more likely Muslims will put more pressure on terrorist groups and governments that fund these groups. Or at least make an effort to differentiate from these groups.

You only hear Shias calling out Wahhabi, very few Sunnis use such rhetoric.

So yes most Muslims support terrorism. Proof: 1.6 billion haven't been able to stop the .01% of their extremist given a decade.

Edited by pakistanyar
  • Veteran Member

But you all fail to understand the word, "terrorist". One does not have to blow up or shoot down something to become one. All it takes is for you to actively resist or oppose the system in any way, shape or form. So, for instance, if you speak against gay rights you are a terrorist to them.

• Advanced Member

I just looked up the word separatist -
"a person who supports the separation of a particular group of people from a larger body on the basis of ethnicity, religion, or gender."

So according to the graph Directora posted the majority of terrorist attacks are done by people wanting to separate a smaller group of people from themselves?

It does not make sense to me... although I had reached the conclusion awhile ago that a large part of the terrorist problem has to do with continued segregation of people based on religion and ethnicity's that exists in most of the war torn areas of the world.  Where whole communities exist separate and apart from one another based on their individual religion or ethnicity, rather than integrating within their communities.

I wrote this awhile back:
I see the problem as the same one the United States had to overcome in the 1960's... an end to segregation, and forced integration.  It is in getting to know one another that we start to accept and get along with one another and stop fearing... not by keeping separate and in ignorance of one another.  As long as these countries insist on keeping separate communities for themselves... separate from one another, they will always have suspicions of one another, not really knowing one another, rather than seeing themselves as one nation of people.

I don't however, think terrorist attacks have any semblance of unified purpose, but derive simply from prejudices, fear, and the belief that one of these groups must be in more power over another.

The graph seems to suggest a directed effort and purpose, but I could be wrong.

As I ponder the definition of separatist further, I see, I could also say that being islamist, is being separatist.

Edited by CLynn
  • Veteran Member

Assalmu alaykum,

As an Econ-Politics student I want to make the General Politics and Current Issues section more active.

What is your opinion on this statement:

"not all Muslims are terrorists, but (nearly) all terrorists are Muslims"

note: this is not my opinion.

Is this unquestionable? 

Do facts show this? 

Sad but true? 

What do you think?

Salaam aleikum

The problem with "terrorism" / "terrorist" is that its meaning has become so muddled by political rhetoric and ideological prejudices.

To me, the proper definition of terrorist is someone who uses chaotic tactics to disrupt social order for the sake of advancing some sort of political goal.

Now, how old is this concept? What are the roots? I am pretty sure the origin of the term is from the Jacobins during the French revolution, but someone can correct me on that if I am wrong. There were also a lot of "terrorists" in Russia in the 1800s and 1900s. For example, Lenin's brother -- who was a narodnik (populist) revolutionary -- attempted to assassinate the Tsar Aleksandr III. This is an example of terrorism.

But surely there are examples from before this which fit the definition of terrorism... I dunno, maybe someone more learned can talk about that. Either way, in and of itself, terrorism doesn't really have an Islamic character, nor does Islam have a terroristic character. And we see that in the modern age as well, with the Tamil Tigers, IRA, and the like. Terrorism is not an ideology in itself but rather a method/approach, usually (but not always) adopted by those with more limited resources.

Also, we should point out that terrorism doesn't (or shouldn't, rather) have a value attached to it. Meaning, in itself it cannot be considered good or bad (Islamically speaking). For example, let's say there is an oppressive ruler (let's say King Abdullah). Assassinating him is an act of terrorism. But is it wrong? Most of us would say no... But because many terrorist attacks have ultimately targeted innocent civilians, the word "terrorist" ended up having a value judgement attached to it.

What are examples of terrorism today? Well, we have the bombings of Shia mosques in Pakistan during mourning ceremonies. We have the assassination of Iranian nuclear scientists by Israeli intelligence services. We have the recent Sochi bombings. These are all examples of terrorism. Two of these examples were/are committed by "Muslims," though one of them is against fellow Muslims.

And then of course we have a complete abuse of the term. A lot of folks in the US and Europe consider Hezbollah to be a "terrorist organization," even though it doesn't use terroristic methods. Likewise, MKO is not on the US terror group list, even though they got their reputation from the sea of blood they created in their terror attacks.

I don't know the exact numbers of what terrors are committed by Muslims and what by non-Muslims. A lot of it depends on what one considers to be terrorism. For example, currently in Syria, there's a lot of atrocities being committed by Salafi rebels. But can it be considered terrorism? There's already chaos and war and an absence of social order, so it cannot be considered a disruption of social order. Those atrocities should just be called atrocities.

Oh and that's another thing: not every atrocity is terrorism. I can't stand it when people call what Israel does in Gaza, "terrorism." Blockading, aerial bombing, and bulldozing houses etc... are not terrorist methods. They are imperialist methods. Terrorism is its own thing; we don't need to call EVERY atrocity terrorism simply because it's the buzzword nowadays.

Sorry for the disjointed thoughts.

• Advanced Member

But you all fail to understand the word, "terrorist". One does not have to blow up or shoot down something to become one. All it takes is for you to actively resist or oppose th

e system in any way, shape or form. So, for

instance, if you speak against gay rights you are

a terrorist to them.

As illogical as that sounds, im afraid it's true......those gays are hardcore extremists , hehehehehe

• Advanced Member

This is a very good topic @ Directora.

I agree that "terrorism" is a highly contested concept in this era. Even the current intl order created by the West attempts at dictating to the rest of the world what terrorism is and what constitutes as an "act of terror" But then again it

doesn't imply that all states should follow up &

agree with the West's definition if it's not in their

interest to do so and if it's not applicable to

them.

But if certain acts of "terrorism" are done by a

certain ethnic group on the soil of their

respective country, against their fellow citizens,

would that still be considered "terrorism"? I don't

think in this case it should be considered terrorism, it should just be designated as "acts of

domestic violence" by opposing ideological/

political groups or factions within a single state. I only think of terrorism as a formally recognised

act when it involves "international violence

that transcends state borders". What do u guys

think?

And the above person who said terrorism is not an ideology, I agree it's not. But most terrorism is perpetrated by groups who are united by a common ideology or ideological purpose, like al-Qaeda or the stupid Muslim Br.

Edited by Mlle. Advice

This is a very good topic @ Directora.

I agree that "terrorism" is a highly contested concept in this era. Even the current intl order created by the West attempts at dictating to the rest of the world what terrorism is and what constitutes as an "act of terror" But then again it

doesn't imply that all states should follow up &

agree with the West's definition if it's not in their

interest to do so and if it's not applicable to

them.

But if certain acts of "terrorism" are done by a

certain ethnic group on the soil of their

respective country, against their fellow citizens,

would that still be considered "terrorism"? I don't

think in this case it should be considered terrorism, it should just be designated as "acts of

domestic violence" by opposing ideological/

political groups or factions within a single state. I only think of terrorism as a formally recognised

act when it involves "international violence

that transcends state borders". What do u guys

think?

And the above person who said terrorism is not an ideology, I agree it's not. But most terrorism is perpetrated by groups who are united by a common ideology or ideological purpose, like al-Qaeda or the stupid Muslim Br.

its not n ideology but it's business 

think about it 

let me give you are similitude ( a real live one ) 

you Iive in an exclusive high rise apartments with basement car parks.

you park your car there your nice BMW

one day you discover some punks have scratched your Beemer together with several other nice cars .

there is an outcry to the body corporate .

the body corporate reacts and gets a unanimous vote to spend millions on security systems including high tech cameras , sensors and static guards.

As a biz man , i just witnessed the perfect biz marketing ploy by creating a demand that was not there.

let me indulge in a theory 

you are a businessman that own a large security biz in a big city 

you have watched exclusive high rise properties go up 

you see fancy cars in and out 

how do you increase bottom line ?

simple 

pay some young punks $1000 cash to go into a basement one night and scratch as manny cars 

than wait for the order to come in 

$1000 cash investment yields millions 

than use this scenario  and approach every other high rise developer 

heck , run for mayor and make it law to install all your security devices because they is imminent threat 

pay the politicians , police and media to market your product 

than it become a $ trillion venture 

wow 

what a brilliant marketing strategy 

the bush , bin ladens and all other billionaires are loving it 

at the expense of the lives of millions of innocent kids .

ws

Edited by :Sami II
  • Advanced Member

its not n ideology but it's business 

think about it 

let me give you are similitude ( a real live one ) 

you Iive in an exclusive high rise apartments with basement car parks.

you park your car there your nice BMW

I wish....  :wub:  :wub: 

let me indulge in a theory 

you are a businessman that own a large security biz in a big city 

you have watched exclusive high rise properties go up 

you see fancy cars in and out 

how do you increase bottom line ?

simple 

pay some young punks $1000 cash to go into a basement one night and scratch as manny cars 

than wait for the order to come in 

$1000 cash investment yields millions 

than use this scenario  and approach every other high rise developer 

heck , run for mayor and make it law to install all your security devices because they is imminent threat 

pay the politicians , police and media to market your product 

than it become a $ trillion venture 

wow 

what a brilliant marketing strategy 

the bush , bin ladens and all other billionaires are loving it 

at the expense of the lives of millions of innocent kids .

ws

If this is a similar analogy to theory on the causes of terrorism...well frankly it is convincing Lol...I guess every political tribe nowadays is desperate to uphold its "rasion d'etre" just so it could keep on pulling in millions at governments' expenses. Just look at the al-Qaeda and the Northern Alliance, no matter how much they make their animosities formally recognised int'ly, they need each other for $$$ ...

ps: businessman?? how about businesswoman? Loool   :P 

I wish....  :wub:  :wub: 

If this is a similar analogy to theory on the causes of terrorism...well frankly it is convincing Lol...I guess every political tribe nowadays is desperate to uphold its "rasion d'etre" just so it could keep on pulling in millions at governments' expenses. Just look at the al-Qaeda and the Northern Alliance, no matter how much they make their animosities formally recognised int'ly, they need each other for $$$ ...

ps: businessman?? how about businesswoman? Loool   :P 

follow the money trail 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFXgnYlkqH0#t=19

which BMW is your fav ?

We all know the real power behind the businessmen don't we .

• Advanced Member

follow the money trail 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFXgnYlkqH0#t=19

which BMW is your fav ?

We all know the real power behind the businessmen don't we .

actually im hearing bmw's are cliche nowadays...now I prefer a Bugotti..not sure if thats how its spelled...Im not really into cars Loool

on second thought, Bugottis are really ugly scratch that...now Im thinking Ferrari LOL   :P A nice bright red one...

..Of course we know who they are... B) Lol

actually im hearing bmw's are cliche nowadays...now I prefer a Bugotti..not sure if thats how its spelled...Im not really into cars Loool

on second thought, Bugottis are really ugly scratch that...now Im thinking Ferrari LOL   :P A nice bright red one...

..Of course we know who they are... B) Lol

its bugatti lol 

yea fastest car in the world , once i saw one parked outside a shopping centre with engine running and hazards lights on , the driver probably rushed to get some milk just outside carrefour on sh zayed rd 

Ferrari are nice , which model and there are 16 shades of red .

my boys love  this one 

There is no such thing as Islamic terrorism there are no Muslim terrorists. For it's not possible for wahabism to follow the Islamic creed or philosophy. They praise the deaths of there comrades by yelling Allah Akbar or Taqbir. They put bombs on them selves which is haram to commit suicide. They also prectice homosexuality and incest and even homosexual incest. And one of Bin Laden's sons didn't even know Bin Laden was his father this is what he Said "He treated me like a son he was like a father to me" and he was a son of bin laden. Some even say Bin Laden would touch his sons in a sexual manner. Wahabis are also Cannibals. They claim all non-sunnis Takfiri even when the Qu'uran states "Thoese who claim another Muslim Takfiri are Takfiri for only Allah is the judge" so that makes every Wahabi who claims other Takfiri Takfiri. So it's not possible for Wahabism to be Islamic at all.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Advanced Member

(bismillah)

(salam)

All Terrorists are Muslims…Except the 94% that Aren’t

piechart2.jpg?resize=491%2C491

http://www.loonwatch.com/2010/01/not-all-terrorists-are-muslims/

(wasalam)

That's just america

Loonwatch is a load of dribble anyway. They are linked with their terrorist organisation CAIR

I think you'll find that most terrorism is do to with Islam in the modern world

I'd say about 95%+ is to do with Islam.