In the Name of God بسم الله

Abu Turab

Rate this topic

farid136547

• Advanced Member

Turab Means:         Dust

Abu Means:            Father

Abu Turab Means: Father of Dust

Ali is Father of Shia so Shia are Dust !!!

The Prophet (ﷺ): I [Muhammad] and Ali are the fathers of this nation.

(See Ik'maal Al-Deen, Al-Siddooq quoting Imam Al-Ridha)

Narrated Sahl bin Sa`d:

The most beloved names to `Ali was Abu Turab, and he used to be pleased when we called him by it, for none named him Abu Turab (for the first time), but the Prophet. Once `Ali got angry with (his wife) Fatima, and went out (of his house) and slept near a wall in the mosque. The Prophet (ﷺ) came searching for him, and someone said, "He is there, Lying near the wall." The Prophet (ﷺ) came to him while his (`Ali's) back was covered with dust. The Prophet (ﷺ) started removing the dust from his back, saying, "Get up, O Abu Turab!"

"‏ اجْلِسْ يَا أَبَا تُرَابٍ ‏"

Reference  : Sahih al-Bukhari 6204

Quran 78:40

Indeed, We have warned you of a near punishment on the Day when a man will observe what his hands have put forth and the disbeliever will say, "Oh, I wish that I were dust(Turab)!"

What do you think????

• Veteran Member

Just a few of points I would make.

Shias would not accept the hadith posted.

Shias do how ever accept that Hz Ali (as) had the epitath Abu Turab.

Meanings and emphasis on words have changed in 1400 years.

Turab is now understood to mean dust however there is evidence to suggest that Turab also meant WORLD LAND etc.

An example in the English language is earth this can mean soil but also mean Earth the planet. So the term Turab can only be understood if the correct narration is known and thus its context

• Advanced Member

Just a few of points I would make.

Shias would not accept the hadith posted.

Shias do how ever accept that Hz Ali (as) had the epitath Abu Turab.

Meanings and emphasis on words have changed in 1400 years.

Turab is now understood to mean dust however there is evidence to suggest that Turab also meant WORLD LAND etc.

An example in the English language is earth this can mean soil but also mean Earth the planet. So the term Turab can only be understood if the correct narration is known and thus its context

As I know Shia accepted that Imam Ali was Abu Turab and sometimes call him Abu Turab

And Quran Is accepted by both Shia And Sunnis

And there is different meaning for Turab. that's means there is different secrets in it.

• Veteran Member

As I know Shia accepted that Imam Ali was Abu Turab and sometimes call him Abu Turab

And Quran Is accepted by both Shia And Sunnis

And there is different meaning for Turab. that's means there is different secrets in it.

Please read my post again. I said the usage of words and their emphasis have changed. I even gave an example. I am confused as to what your disputing.

Shias accept that Hz Ali was called Abu Turab however do not accept the hadith that describes how he came to be named Abu Turab.

I then went on to explain that Turab may mean dust in one context or moderm meaning however it may have a totally diffrent meaning depending on its context.

I went on to explain this using simple terms in English that I hoped you would be able to grasp.

Pray tell what are you confused by 

• Advanced Member

Turab Means: Dust

Abu Means: Father

The Prophet (ﷺ): I [Muhammad] and Ali are the fathers of this nation.

Narrated Sahl bin Sa`d:

The most beloved names to `Ali was Abu Turab, and he used to be pleased when we called him by it, for none named him Abu Turab (for the first time), but the Prophet. Once `Ali got angry with (his wife) Fatima, and went out (of his house) and slept near a wall in the mosque. The Prophet (ﷺ) came searching for him, and someone said, "He is there, Lying near the wall." The Prophet (ﷺ) came to him while his (`Ali's) back was covered with dust. The Prophet (ﷺ) started removing the dust from his back, saying, "Get up, O Abu Turab!"

"‏ اجْلِسْ يَا أَبَا تُرَابٍ ‏"

Reference : Sahih al-Bukhari 6204

Indeed, We have warned you of a near punishment on the Day when a man will observe what his hands have put forth and the disbeliever will say, "Oh, I wish that I were dust(Turab)!"

What do you think????

Grasping at straws.

I am prettt sure the verse is saying that on the day of jugdement they would rather be dust ie not be resurrected rather than face the punishment of Allah.

It has nothing to do with Ali (RA) being Abu Turab or Shia Muslims. Sigh...

• Veteran Member

What do you think????

I am further shocked that you should reject one of the prominent Khalifa Rashidoon. All true followers of Hz Ali (as) be they Sunni or Shia should count themselves as children of Turab. 

I am shocked because some Shias have contended that some Sunnis are Nasibis (haters of Ahlul Bait and in particular Hz Ali (as)).

By your words you are condemned by suggesting that only Shias are children of Turab. By your words you have proved you are a Nasibi.

No point in suggesting that you meant you follow the Holy Prophet (pbuhahp) because all Muslims follow the Holy prophet (pbuhahp)

Edited by A true Sunni

• Advanced Member

I am further shocked that you should reject one of the prominent Khalifa Rashidoon. All true followers of Hz Ali (as) be they Sunni or Shia should count themselves as children of Turab. 

I am shocked because some Shias have contended that some Sunnis are Nasibis (haters of Ahlul Bait and in particular Hz Ali (as)).

By your words you are condemned by suggesting that only Shias are children of Turab. By your words you have proved you are a Nasibi.

No point in suggesting that you meant you follow the Holy Prophet (pbuhahp) because all Muslims follow the Holy prophet (pbuhahp)

As Ayesha is our Mother Ali ali and Muhammad are our fathers This has nothing to do with Nasibi

Grasping at straws.

I am prettt sure the verse is saying that on the day of jugdement they would rather be dust ie not be resurrected rather than face the punishment of Allah.

It has nothing to do with Ali (ra) being Abu Turab or Shia Muslims. Sigh...

You should not be so sure cause there is some meaning beyond the obvious meaning of Quran as secrets.

For example 

56:79

56_79.png

None touch it except the purified.

33:33 Allah intends only to remove from you the impurity [of sin], O people of the [Prophet's] household, and to purify you with [extensive] purification.

Thats Means Just Ahlul Bayt understand the exact meaning of Quran.

• Veteran Member

As Ayesha is our Mother Ali ali and Muhammad are our fathers This has nothing to do with Nasibi

Well it does because Shias would argue Hz Bibi Khadija is our mother (this is unanimous by all schloars no matter what sect) and the Holy Prophet (pbuhahp) our father.

Your arguments betray your inate hatred of the family of the Holy Prophet shame on you.

I see you werent able to answer any of the other points I raised. Why you noveau Kharijis come on here posing as Sunni I will never understand

• Advanced Member

Well it does because Shias would argue Hz Bibi Khadija is our mother (this is unanimous by all schloars no matter what sect) and the Holy Prophet (pbuhahp) our father.

Your arguments betray your inate hatred of the family of the Holy Prophet shame on you.

I see you werent able to answer any of the other points I raised. Why you noveau Kharijis come on here posing as Sunni I will never understand

Please translate these word maybe I would be able to understand you

noveau Kharijis 

inate

I am Shia but Ayesha is Mother of Muslim as Quran said

Edited by farid_die

• Veteran Member

Please translate these word maybe I would be able to understand you

noveau Kharijis 

inate

I am Shia but Ayesha is Mother of Muslim as Quran said

Noveau Khariji = Wahhabi

Innate = natural,

so what I was saying was that your dislike of the Ahlul Bait and Hz Ali is natural to you because you are a Wahhabi.

You write like a Wahhabi

You pose questions like a wahhabi

you give examples like a wahhabi

you defend your points like a Wahhabi

Your profile doesnt say your shia

Why do Wahhabis come on here posing as something they arent

• Advanced Member

As Ayesha is our Mother Ali ali and Muhammad are our fathers This has nothing to do with Nasibi

You should not be so sure cause there is some meaning beyond the obvious meaning of Quran as secrets.

For example

56:79

56_79.png

None touch it except the purified.

33:33 Allah intends only to remove from you the impurity [of sin], O people of the [Prophet's] household, and to purify you with [extensive] purification.

Thats Means Just Ahlul Bayt understand the exact meaning of Quran.

That's mean just the ahlul bayt if you leave out the rest of the verse and ignore the context...

33:32 O Consorts of the Prophet! Ye are not like any of the (other) women: if ye do fear (Allah), be not too complacent of speech, lest one in whose heart is a disease should be moved with desire: but speak ye a speech (that is) just.

33:33 And stay quietly in your houses, and make not a dazzling display, like that of the former Times of Ignorance; and establish regular Prayer, and give regular Charity; and obey Allah and His Messenger. And Allah only wishes to remove all abomination from you, ye members of the Family, and to make you pure and spotless.

As I said earlier, grasping at straws. But why?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Advanced Member

Turab Means: Dust

Abu Means: Father

The Prophet (ﷺ): I [Muhammad] and Ali are the fathers of this nation.

Narrated Sahl bin Sa`d:

The most beloved names to `Ali was Abu Turab, and he used to be pleased when we called him by it, for none named him Abu Turab (for the first time), but the Prophet. Once `Ali got angry with (his wife) Fatima, and went out (of his house) and slept near a wall in the mosque. The Prophet (ﷺ) came searching for him, and someone said, "He is there, Lying near the wall." The Prophet (ﷺ) came to him while his (`Ali's) back was covered with dust. The Prophet (ﷺ) started removing the dust from his back, saying, "Get up, O Abu Turab!"

"‏ اجْلِسْ يَا أَبَا تُرَابٍ ‏"

Reference : Sahih al-Bukhari 6204

Indeed, We have warned you of a near punishment on the Day when a man will observe what his hands have put forth and the disbeliever will say, "Oh, I wish that I were dust(Turab)!"

What do you think????

(Salam)

Your point is???

• Advanced Member

That's mean just the ahlul bayt if you leave out the rest of the verse and ignore the context...

33:32 O Consorts of the Prophet! Ye are not like any of the (other) women: if ye do fear (Allah), be not too complacent of speech, lest one in whose heart is a disease should be moved with desire: but speak ye a speech (that is) just.

33:33 And stay quietly in your houses, and make not a dazzling display, like that of the former Times of Ignorance; and establish regular Prayer, and give regular Charity; and obey Allah and His Messenger. And Allah only wishes to remove all abomination from you, ye members of the Family, and to make you pure and spotless.

As I said earlier, grasping at straws. But why?

Your OWN books say this is NOT about the wives:

Sahih Muslim Book 031, Hadith Number 5955.

Bismillah-Hir-Rahman-Nir-Raheem
Chapter : The merits of the family of the Prophet (may peace be upon him).

'Aisha reported that Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him) went out one morning wearing a striped cloak of the black camel's hair that there came Hasan b. 'Ali. He wrapped him under it, then came Husain and he wrapped him under it along with the other one (Hasan). Then came Fatima and he took her under it, then came 'Ali and he also took him under it and then said: Allah only desires to take away any un-cleanliness from you, O people of the household, and purify you (thorough purifying)

Surely if its about the wives, Aisha would have been under the cloak too?

Furthermore! In SAHIH MUSLIM, we find the following:

Sahih Muslim, Book 031, Number 5923:

Yazid b. Hayyan reported: We went to him (Zaid b. Arqam) and said to him. You have found goodness (for you had the honour) to live in the company of Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) and offered prayer behind him, and the rest of the hadith is the same but with this variation of wording that lie said: Behold, for I am leaving amongst you two weighty things, one of which is the Book of Allah, the Exalted and Glorious, and that is the rope of Allah. He who holds it fast would be on right guidance and he who abandons it would be in error, and in this (hadith) these words are also found: We said: Who are amongst the members of the household? Aren't the wives (of the Holy Prophet) included amongst the members of his house hold? Thereupon he said: No, by Allah, a woman lives with a man (as his wife) for a certain period; he then divorces her and she goes back to her parents and to her people; the members of his household include his ownself and his kith and kin (who are related to him by blood) and for him the acceptance of Zakat is prohibited.

Just made things a bit clearer for you. Remember, these come from your own Sahih 100% authentic books, not ours.

So who really is grasping at straws?