Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Fatima NMA

Seriously..why?

Rate this topic

why is it not wajib for Men,in Islam, to put on hijab,whilst it is wajib for Women to do so??

is it that women are more attractive than men by nature??>>not true,makes no sense

is it because men are more into s** and that stuff ...and women have more control over that desire?>>>makes no sense

is it for no reason?>>...

please,can anyone convince me of the reason behind that...(why men don't have to put a veil and cover their bodies?)

thanks in advance..

Ali-F, that is irrelevant...i was talking about that hijab that hides their beauty and...u know what i mean..just like our hijab...a woman with hijab is less attractive than a woman without hijab(which is good for men to keep their eyes away from her)..so why don't men have the same hijab for the same reasons?? :donno:

Satanic Toast, that's true,but a beautiful character with hijab would be way less attractive than a beautiful character without hijab..trust me.. :Hijabi:

for man the beard is for covering beauty of the face, hence why men for them it is haram to shave the beard

also for men there is rules about clothing such as obviously a man cannot walk around shirtless or pants less

and finally women have an innate desire to show their skin, while men dont have this, the only reason a man shows skin is because it is hot outside etc , but a womans intentions are different, she wants to entice men even ifd she is not interested in them , she has this deep desire to be loved by everyones and adored by everyone , which i think personally is a low trait 

It's wajib for  both genders  to be modest in dress. Men have their own set of  'hijab' guidelines . In some Islamic countries men wear thobes that cover up their entire bodies. There are also Islamic hats that are made especially for men.

Now even though dressing modestly is taught to both men and women, it is more stressed for women for strong reasons. First, a woman doesn't have the physical strength to guard herself against a perverted man. You can argue that a woman can carry pepper spray, lift weights, or  whatever the exception might be-  but the fact is God created men to be physically stronger. A man might catch a glimpse of a woman's long, beautiful hair and get aroused enough to rape her. Yep, sometimes all it takes is  a well manicured hand for a man to do obnoxious things. And sadly, in most cases a woman cannot defend herself as we see happening in the news, and she gets raped or kidnapped, because her beauty ignited an animalistic trait in a man that shouldn't even be considered a human being.You hardly hear about women raping men in the news- but knowing that the world can be a sick place sometime- I'm sure there are cases of that too-, however its more common to hear about a woman being abused and raped.  So hijab acts like a protection.

Second, imagine your own mother going out of the house with no hijab and a man at the grocery store gawking at her, even  though he notices she is pushing a baby in the cart. There are sick dogs out there, who happen to fantasize about mothers and married women. The hijab is a way of shielding a woman from the perverted eyes and thoughts of men. Yes, there are still some guys who fantasize about women even if she is dressed modestly, but it would be sin on their own part, and not on the woman because she has kept herself modest.

Edited by Cover My Face

In our hadiths it says a man has less inbuilt haya' (shyness) and a woman's looks is the biggest fitna for a man while the opposite is not the case. But contrary to what you may think, our hadith don't say a woman has less desires. They actually say she has more desire than a man, but God has placed in her nature a greater deal of haya than a male which leads to more control.

Its meant to accommodate for the lesser control a man has in being introvert regarding his desires.

Edited by Jahangiram

for man the beard is for covering beauty of the face, hence why men for them it is haram to shave the beard

also for men there is rules about clothing such as obviously a man cannot walk around shirtless or pants less

and finally women have an innate desire to show their skin, while men dont have this, the only reason a man shows skin is because it is hot outside etc , but a womans intentions are different, she wants to entice men even ifd she is not interested in them , she has this deep desire to be loved by everyones and adored by everyone , which i think personally is a low trait 

slm

brother beard does not cover the beauty of the face. beard is the beauty of the face no beard no good

why is it not wajib for Men,in Islam, to put on hijab,whilst it is wajib for Women to do so??

is it that women are more attractive than men by nature??>>not true,makes no sense

is it because men are more into s** and that stuff ...and women have more control over that desire?>>>makes no sense

please,can anyone convince me of the reason behind that...(why men don't have to put a veil and cover their bodies?)

thanks in advance..

Because God says so!!!! and a woman is awrada anything from a woman will attract a man arms,head,hair,legs doesnt matter to us men it attracts us

I don't know what Ahlu Bayt a.s. said about this. I'm sure they told us. But I am quite certain that i saw from reliable sources that the first glance by a man at a woman is o.k. (esp. if not intended) but the second look at her as if to gaze at her is not.

Everyone has modesty in islam. it doesn't matter what people wear in different countries. It would be nice to find out exactly what the mens guidelines are for clothes.

Modesty is more than just clothes. It's an attitude and the whole way a person carries themself. I've seen women cover up to their eyes and have on a ton of eye make up and high heel shoes seem to be manufactured to attract, and be flirting with a man.

just my take... looks like this is a good personal opinion exchange.

thanks in advance..

1. Yes.. If someone thinks otherwise, that's pervy,

2. Yes.. If someone thinks otherwise, she doesn't read the news.

3. Not 1, not 2, there are more than 100 reasons for a woman to do more strict physical hijab.

Level of mental hijab is equally mandatory for both genders.

No, a beard makes a man more beautiful. It is only gay men or brainwashed women who think a shaven man is pretty.

And no, women do not have an innate desire to show their skin, nor to have her body admired by strange men. If the women in your culture or your family are like this, that is an unfortunate aberration. I assure you sane women are not as you describe. Women are monogamous by nature. What natural reason could there be for all human women to seek additional mates?

Women cover more of their bodies because men tend to be more visual, and also because they can. If men were doing their jobs right in society, there would be no reason for a woman to bare any part of herself in front of males not in her family.

I think the reasons are as follows :=

The biology of the sexes is such that

• men are more easily aroused than women are and
  • men are generally physically stronger then women.

Which means that women are more exposed to slithery glances from mischievous men.

Hijab therefore gives

• women greater protection from men, and at the same time 
  • with less scantily dressed women around, it helps men keep their horses in the stable. 

thanks everyone for ur time and effort,i agree with all of what u've said almost all of you(except that the beard covers a man's beauty!)..but also some of the replies are irrelevant to my specific question..i didn't ask why do women have to wear hijab becuz i know why,what i don't know is why men don't have the same hijab to protect women from sinning(and i'm not talking about se**** arousal or whatever...there are many ways of sinning other than s** related sins..)

ok it's true that men are more attracted to the physical nature of women,while women tend to be more attracted to Character.but here,the problem is'nt solved,why??becuz women Have to cover their physical beauty and everything so that men can remain sane and don't do haram,(here men's problem is solved),now how would a man cover his Character beauty which YOU urselves agree on it being what attracts us women??why don't men have some hijab for their characters?i know that might sound silly but please try to understand my point! i experienced something that made me want to ask about that...

for example,a woman and her male relatives that she HAS to be around every now and then;here a woman's hijab can still be there ,but how about a man's charming personality that attracts a woman without the need to look at him all the time?? i thought ,when i started this topic) that maybe if a man wears the same hijab that women have to wear maybe then his charm will be less..i don't know.. how could this serious issue be solved??any ideas?

والحمد لله رب العالمين
صلّ الله عليك يا سيدي و مولاي يا رسول الله
صلّ الله عليك يا سيدي و مولاي يا ابا عبد الله
يا رحمة الله الواسعه ويا باب نجاة الامه
غريب يا مظلوم كربلاء

Respected brothers and sisters,  (salam)

Logically, if you wear Hijab, you wouldn't show other parts of the skin. The figure of a woman's body is more attractive than man's. If you would see a man walking with shorts on the street you wouldn't feel attracted to him. Mainly because most men grow a lot of hair and the structure looks different (usually muscles are more apparent). However, the female skin is much more smoother and attractive thus providing shahwa for men. Men would want more and more skin to be shown. The female body is more elegant than the male body. That is why it should be covered.

(wasalam)

for example,a woman and her male relatives that she HAS to be around every now and then;here a woman's hijab can still be there ,but how about a man's charming personality that attracts a woman without the need to look at him all the time?? i thought ,when i started this topic) that maybe if a man wears the same hijab that women have to wear maybe then his charm will be less..i don't know.. how could this serious issue be solved??any ideas?

By not making friendships with non-mehram women.

Truth is, a modest personality is attractive. When someone is polite, modest, and well humored just how Islam teaches us to be, then your going to find that person attractive no matter what. Why do you think so many women find scholars and imams at the mosque attractive? It's because they project charm, modesty, good humor, power, and leadership. Does that make these scholars and imams sinful? Of course not.So to say that a man should put hijab on his charming personality  doesn't make sense.  On the other hand, if your definition of a charming personality, is when a man starts to flirt with a girl-that's something else. That is when he is out of tune with Islam's guidelines and it becomes a sin on his part.

NOTME

,it doesn't have to be friendship,friendship with a non mahram is haram.

it can be a family gathering where all members of both sexes are there.

cover my face

what is attractive and charming to you might be ugly to me,and vice versa...so..

and no,i'm not talking about the flirting type of guys.

i think maybe i should just accept the fact that a woman must live and die at home without going out socializing,becuz at any moment haram thinking and feelings may occur out there... :donno: wallahu a3lam..

NOTME

,it doesn't have to be friendship,friendship with a non mahram is haram.

it can be a family gathering where all members of both sexes are there.

i think maybe i should just accept the fact that a woman must live and die at home without going out socializing,becuz at any moment haram thinking and feelings may occur out there... :donno: wallahu a3lam..

Nah, Islam encourages women to take active part in their community - with proper covering.

Men don't need to be friends with their female non-mehram relatives either, if there is danger that the woman might find him attractive.

As Br. Muhammad Ali posted, 

Men and women respond differently to , specifically, visual stimulation / arousal

This is has been proved by recent scientific research, as the brother posted.

Also, men know this innately. The sight of a women's attractive features sets off a cascade of hormones in a man and the purpose of this process is to prepare a man for sexual intercourse / reproduction(to put it bluntly). The man who fears Allah(s.w.a) will try to control this process by 1) not looking and 2) if he inadvertantly looks he seeks refuge in Allah(s.w.a) from the cursed Shaitan. At the same time, even in a man who fears Allah(s.w.a), the biological process is still the same as it is in all men. 

Although women have a desire to look at men, this desire isn't as closely linked to a biological process, so it affects them less, less desire to act, and less chance that this act would harm society. Also, the process in a women is more complex and not driven, primarily, by visual stimulation. Salam .

I have to admit that I can feel aroused and have bad thoughts by seeing a girl in full hijab just as well. See its the animal inside that we must control and lower that gaze. And I've told you of the nature of mine. As a matter of fact, hijabis look more mysterious to me.  :lol: Awkward but true.

I don't have to see a pretty face to start stalking someone. Sometimes a mere beautiful post is also enough to get me thinking. :D

Please try to forgive my honesty. @)

Edited by Darth Vader

سأل رسول الله (pbuh) - ابنته فاطمة (as) وقال لها:يا فاطمة,أيّ شيئ خير للمرأة؟ قالت:أن لا ترى رجلا ولا يراها رجل," فاستقبل مقالتها مسرورا وقرأ قوله-تعالى : ذرّيّة بعضها من بعض)..

i was wondering about this hadith,is it sahih? if so,then Fatima (as) definitely knew what she was talking about..and it makes sense to me personally...i mean you guys are only talking about men and men's needs and nature and feelings....etc,condoning the fact that a woman may feel really bad or have really bad thoughts if she sees a charming character(man),esp.if she has to deal with that man often,and they both have mutual understanding.....

also it could be worse if the woman is married already,and is pious,and loves her husband...that can make her feel more bad about herself and life...!

Edited by Fatima NMA

سأل رسول الله (pbuh) - ابنته فاطمة (as) وقال لها:يا فاطمة,أيّ شيئ خير للمرأة؟ قالت:أن لا ترى رجلا ولا يراها رجل," فاستقبل مقالتها مسرورا وقرأ قوله-تعالى : ذرّيّة بعضها من بعض)..

i was wondering about this hadith,is it sahih? if so,then Fatima (as) definitely knew what she was talking about..and it makes sense to me personally...i mean you guys are only talking about men and men's needs and nature and feelings....etc,condoning the fact that a woman may feel really bad or have really bad thoughts if she sees a charming character(man),esp.if she has to deal with that man often,and they both have mutual understanding.....

also it could be worse if the woman is married already,and is pious,and loves her husband...that can make her feel more bad about herself and life...!

I think that the solution is to try to minimize the interaction with that man. It helps to think about that man's wife. I always imagine if my husband was in that man's place and he was having this interaction with another woman, how would I feel? I think this is why Islam recommends complete segregation. During the family gatherings, men and women should sit at separate places. 

As a matter of fact, hijabis look more mysterious to me.  :lol: Awkward but true.

If a woman wears hijab, Allah protects her from men. I removed hijab for one day after doing it for so many years and I sometimes think I was transferred to a different universe that day. 

Here is an interesting finding. 

Supposedly, men and women both objectify women, but they don't objectify men:

A new study suggests that these two distinct cognitive processes also are in play with our basic physical perceptions of men and women -- and, importantly, provides clues as to why women are often the targets of sexual objectification.

The research, published in the European Journal of Social Psychology, found in a series of experiments that participants processed images of men and women in very different ways. When presented with images of men, perceivers tended to rely more on "global" cognitive processing, the mental method in which a person is perceived as a whole. Meanwhile, images of women were more often the subject of "local" cognitive processing, or the objectifying perception of something as an assemblage of its various parts.

"We always hear that women are reduced to their sexual body parts; you hear about examples in the media all the time. This research takes it a step further and finds that this perception spills over to everyday women, too," Gervais said. "The subjects in the study's images were everyday, ordinary men and women … the fact that people are looking at ordinary men and women and remembering women's body parts better than their entire bodies was very interesting."

Also notable is that the gender of participants doing the observing had no effect on the outcome. The participant pool was evenly divided between men and women, who processed each gender's bodies similarly: Regardless of their gender, perceivers saw men more "globally" and women more "locally."

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2012/07/120725150215.htm

A new study published in Psychological Science, a journal of the Association for Psychological Science, finds that both men and women see images of sexy women's bodies as objects, while they see sexy-looking men as people.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2012/05/120515131719.htm

Why does this happen? It is purely because of the culture, or does nature have an influence? 

If the conclusions are true, then this should have big implications on people's perception of hijab. 

Edited by Muhammed Ali

Well men by nature are more sexually motivated. They are biologically attracted to visuals, naturally their pupils will often dilate when it sees something pleasurable, while the pupils of women do not dilate in reaction to the same pleasurable image.

So God protects women from the roving eyes of libidinous men..

Btw the command to dress modestly and lower the gaze was given to males before females.

Bottom line, modesty is very important for both men and women, and Allah swt knows his creation best. May Allah swt keep us steadfast.

thanks in advance..

Even though there is a logical explanation for it, the important thing for you or any muslim is to first accept that what Allah has ordained is best, no questions asked. You seem to have an issue with that, though forgive me if im wrong. 

Once one has accepted that, the tasleem as we call it, then it is allowed to ask questions for learning purposes. 

I personally believe that Allah tests everyone in terms of their strengths. Woman have, from what i understand, a natural urge to make themselves pretty and like the acknowledgement, so Allah has put forth a restraint for it as a test and as a barrier for your own good. 

Men also have many tests in regards to their urges and strengths; power, superiority, physical strength, etc etc. All of whom Allah has put forth rules for men to obey. 

It is good to search for reasons and knowledge, but in the end you(hopefully) will come to the conclusion: "Because Allah said so"

^ i know that already :dry: , i was just wondering why? because i noticed some results of "men being without actual hijab" and it's influence on some women.. (which includes haram thinking and behavior) and i needed an answer...but it seems that our minds,for the time being,are limited and can't realize the reason behind that...