Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Was The Prophet (S) Killed?

Rate this topic

• Veteran Member

The early books are interesting but I would like to see the isnad looked at. As allama majlisi even though a great scholar and had permission to narrate hadith from his teacher mulla sadra. Sayyid khoie believe that scholars after shaykh najashi on rijal are their own ijtihad. So it is an interesting note but we need to look at it deeper.

However the title of the hadith is only one thing to consider and is not as vital as it is for fiqh due to it being a historical report except in some aspects of the narrators. This is why I asked for early history reports from tabari back.as that would give weight to such hadith if it exist from historical point of view.

• Veteran Member

You want Tabari of all the people to confirm or deny this? Wait, aren't you studying in hawzah? Pray tell, what "hadiths vital for fiqh" has your order been studying instead all these centuries?

• Advanced Member

Considering how contradictory the hadith are i.e. Meat from jews, or poisioning by wives... plus the fact that believing on any one of the sides makes little to no difference considering there are easier ways to prove my faith as a shia....personally i'm not convinced, best wishes and irtemasay duma

• Veteran Member

You want Tabari of all the people to confirm or deny this? Wait, aren't you studying in hawzah? Pray tell, what "hadiths vital for fiqh" has your order been studying instead all these centuries?

brother I ask for historical reports even if one as to back up this claim as hadith can always be claimed to be narrated by a biased person to others. When sahih means all imami. I am not denying anything but rather investigating to find truth.
  • Veteran Member

^ Why does this particular issue require a historian's account, and that is very unusual because historic accounts iirc have isnaad too. Even quranic verses have isnaad or so they say. So basically, its all hadith transmitted down through narrators. Let me also add that the scholars of older times were not mere religious scholars rather they had knowledge of many fields and that is why we revere them the most. Secondly, they did not have political or worldly motives or influences, instead they feared God alone, not their hopes and dreams. ^^

Any way, what do you expect from historians, perhaps I can help. If you expect the details of the murder or of the conditions of the alleged illness I can tell you you won't find either of them. There are hints of course and they are everywhere. But then the cry and hue will be that sahih isnad and not theories are needed to be certain. ^^

@khamosh: Sister thats a selfish attitude if you don't mind me saying that. Can you realize how many nations can accept truth and correct Islam if only the truth in this one issue could be unveiled and exposed to them? ^^

Those this is interesting and need more Shia to look into, I am worried such topics will cause disunity...

Or lasting unity. Oh wait, no, we already have perfect unison in Pakistan, Afghanistan, Iraq, Iran, Syria, Egypt, Lebanon, Saudia and elsewhere too. So, yeah, it might cause disunity.

Edited by Darth Vader
  • Veteran Member

^ Why does this particular issue require a historian's account, and that is very unusual because historic accounts iirc have isnaad too. Even quranic verses have isnaad or so they say. So basically, its all hadith transmitted down through narrators. Let me also add that the scholars of older times were not mere religious scholars rather they had knowledge of many fields and that is why we revere them the most. Secondly, they did not have political or worldly motives or influences, instead they feared God alone, not their hopes and dreams. ^^

Any way, what do you expect from historians, perhaps I can help. If you expect the details of the murder or of the conditions of the alleged illness I can tell you you won't find either of them. There are hints of course and they are everywhere. But then the cry and hue will be that sahih isnad and not theories are needed to be certain. ^^

@khamosh: Sister thats a selfish attitude if you don't mind me saying that. Can you realize how many nations can accept truth and correct Islam if only the truth in this one issue could be unveiled and exposed to them? ^^

Or lasting unity. Oh wait, no, we already have perfect unison in Pakistan, Afghanistan, Iraq, Iran, Syria, Egypt, Lebanon, Saudia and elsewhere too. So, yeah, it might cause disunity.

I do not have an issue with sanad what I am looking for is something reported by people whose concern was recording history in a non biased way. I would be pleased to see whatever you can provide me as I like to look at thing academically and widely.
  • Veteran Member

I have read Tabari, Yaqoobi, Mas'oodi, A3sam Al-Koofi. There is nothing clear cut in those books and they are of course either blank or only confusing when it comes to as important things as this. Remember, this isn't the murder of Abu Dhar Al-Ghifari (ra) or some other sahabi we are investigating. But I digress. Give it a shot yourself when you have time for such extra-curricular activity.

• Veteran Member

InshaAllah I will have the opportunity to do so in the future. For now I will say as to what happened Allah knows better and InshaAllah he makes me certain about whatever is true.

Edited by Maitham
  • Veteran Member

I pray that He makes you and your teachers all certain. Do ask them. Perhaps we should entirely shift this date of 28 safar to 12 rabiual awwal like everybody else too for unity's sake or whatever. They're liable to slaughter us all for even that. I wonder which genius attempted to be differ on this in the first place. Oh, might have been one of those extremist scholars of the old who believed in extremists like Al-Majlisi and didn't care for appeasing Takfiris. Too bad. Get it fixed.

• Basic Members

Salams All,

Interesting points made. Being from a Sunni background I was always under the impression that the Prophet (S) died a natural death.

The hadith quoted below seems incredibly suspicious to me. 

Hadith - Bukhari Book 71: Volume7: Hadith No. 610, Ibn 'Abbas and 'Aisha

Abu Bakr kissed (the forehead of) the Prophet saaws-long.gif when he was dead. 'Aisha added: We put medicine in one side of his mouth but he started waving us not to insert the medicine into his mouth. We said, "He dislikes the medicine as a patient usually does." But when he came to his senses he said, "Did I not forbid you to put medicine (by force) in the side of my mouth?" We said, "We thought it was just because a patient usually dislikes medicine." He saaws-long.gif said, "None of those who are in the house but will be forced to take medicine in the side of his mouth while I am watching, except Al-'Abbas, for he had not witnessed your deed."

This hadith raises a number of questions..

1) Why did Aisha disobey the Messenger of Allah (SAW)?

2) What was this strange medicine that the Prophet (S) forbidden them from inserting in his mouth?

3) Why did the Prophet (S) command those who were present to take this same substance under his observation?

Very fishy if you ask me..

Can anyone shed some light on the failed assassination of the Prophet (S) in Tabuk

Jzk 

Yes he was killed. But the only thing is if it was Aisha or not who killed him.

Sura Al Emran

وَمَا مُحَمَّدٌ إِلاَّ رَسُولٌ قَدْ خَلَتْ مِن قَبْلِهِ الرُّسُلُ أَفَإِن مَّاتَ أَوْ قُتِلَ انقَلَبْتُمْ عَلَى أَعْقَابِكُمْ وَمَن يَنقَلِبْ عَلَىَ عَقِبَيْهِ فَلَن يَضُرَّ اللّهَ شَيْئًا وَسَيَجْزِي اللّهُ الشَّاكِرِينَ {

{144}

Muhammad was no more than a messenger like the messengers before him. Should he die or get killed, would you turn back on your heels? Anyone who turns back on his heels, does not hurt GOD in the least. GOD rewards those who are appreciative.
Edited by John Al-Ameli
  • 2 weeks later...