Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Sunni Imam Lies On Live Tv [Enjoy]

Rate this topic

Rasul

• Advanced Member

no, this is probably a wahabi. There is adifference between wahabi and sunni

Whilst that maybe true in our times, they still follow the same idols, afterall...wahhabism came from what?  ;)

Edited by Hussainiyat Zindabad

• Advanced Member

(bismillah)

(salam)
Brother hussayniat, that is like saying alawis are the same as shias, because they both have the same "idols" as you put it. Wahabis are the modern day khawarija, they have no sect because they are far from the fold of Islam with their actions. There is no need to promote disunity in such a fashion, because you should never blame the actions on a small minorty. Otherwise we should have no complaints when it comes to al CIAda being the "face of Islam" in the west. We want peace with our sunni brothers, not conflict.

Allah knows best,

Wasalam

(salam)

Brother, unfortunately what you are saying is not at all accurate. It is true that the ahlul sunnah wal jama'ah, as the name implies, is a collection of various groups rather than one homogenous group (although there is a common basis), but to suggest that the 'wahabbi' (I doubt if there are many people who actually call themselves that) and the 'sunni' are two different entities is also inaccurate.

If this is indeed the case, I ask you to clearly list the differences between the two.

Furthermore, the example of the alawi and shi'i is flawed, because we have no common points whatsoever whereas the ahlul sunnah wal jama'ah (including 'wahabbis') all share a common point in that they take their religion from the usurpers of the caliphate. As a result they also use the same books of narrations as a basis for their actions and beliefs.

What brother Hussainiyat was saying wasn't wrong, it's just a sad reality that a lot of Muslims aren't ready to acknowledge for social/diplomatic reasons. 

Wallahu A'lam 

• Advanced Member

Wahabies are takfiris in their approach to other Muslim sects, you won't find this attitude among regular Sunnis.

That's why they were described as khawarij even by Sunnis early on when they first appeared, khawarij used to label many Muslims as kafirs as well, turning their killing to halal etc.

what the Sunni cleric expressed is a common Sunni belief ( add or subtract some differences in regard to its historical background in the times of our prophet)

• Veteran Member

Well, I don't know if he 'lied' anymore than you would expect for a Muslim talking about a different sect to his own (Shias are always very accurate when talking about Sunnism either), but he sure did talk a lot of nonsense about mutah.

He says that in the beginning it was allowed, and then banned in 7AH. How can something that was allowed for the vast majority of the Prophet's missing be said to be allowed only in the 'beginning'? As for the date of 7AH, presumably he is referring to the Battle of Khaybar, but we know that mutah was allowed in the following year during the conquest over Mecca. This raises another issues as to why the Prophet (pbuh) would need to allow something that is 'between haram and halal' for his super-pious followers, in what was not a very long expedition.

He mentioned that Ibn Abbas held that mutah was allowed, but then changed his mind later in his life. Ibn Abbas was 10 years old in 7AH. What did he have to do with mutah at that age? If it had been banned at that time, then it makes no sense to believe that he would have grown up believing it was allowed, when he was surrounded by more knowledgeable companions.

The reason this guy probably doesn't want Sunnis debating with Shias is so that his ridiculous explanations don't get challenged.

how is he lying?  Just because you were taught different does not mean you were taught right. I do however disagree with his "do not debate" stance.  I believe that all Shia and Sunnis should sit together and share their knowledge.  

Alcohol was also permissible during the time of the Prophet pbuh .....any of you wild boys and girls getting crunk tonight?

Edited by Kianofum

• Advanced Member

how is he lying? Just because you were taught different does not mean you were taught right. I do however disagree with his "do not debate" stance. I believe that all Shia and Sunnis should sit together and share their knowledge.

Alcohol was also permissible during the time of the Prophet pbuh .....any of you wild boys and girls getting crunk tonight?

(Salam)

You want to disrespect the members of this forum? May Allah (SWT) forgive you for your discretion and indecency.

Okay assuming you are correct that alcohol was permissible and later became prohibited. Fine. The difference between the issue of mutah and alcohol is that alcohol is EXPLICITY prohibited in Quran, no loss in translation:

5:90

Sahih International

O you who have believed, indeed, intoxicants, gambling, [sacrificing on] stone alters [to other than Allah ], and divining arrows are but defilement from the work of Satan, so avoid it that you may be successful.

Now, I hope we can agree prophet made mutah permissible and is in quran and that Quran (not Hadith) shows the Impermissibility of alcohol, can you show a EXPLICIT verse in the Quran that bans mutah like the one above about alcohol? One can argue that why didn't Allah (SWT) put "mutah" with alcohol and the other harams in 5:90. If you can't then all we have is Hadith. And in sunni saheeh Hadith there are instances where it says it was practed during The time of the prophet and abu bakr but not umar and others say it was banned by prophet and others say that Ali forbade it during khaybar(?).

Edited by kbsquare

• Advanced Member

The reality:

Fath al-Bari, 9/78

قال ابن بطال : روى أهل مكة واليمن عن ابن عباس إباحة المتعة ، وروي عنه الرجوع بأسانيد ضعيفة وإجازة المتعة عنه أصح ، وهو مذهب الشيعة

Ibn Batal said: ‘The People of Mecca and Yemen narrated from Ibn Abbas that Mut’ah is permissible. And it is narrated by a weak chain that Ibn Abbas revoked its permissibility. permission of Mut’ah by him is more correct and this is the doctrine of the Shia.

Ibn Jurayj reported from ‘Ataa’ that Jabir ibn Abdullah came to perform Umrah and we came to his abode. The people asked him about different things, then they mentioned the issue of muta’ah. Jabir ibn Abdullah said, “Yes, we performed muta’ah during the life of Rasulullah, Abu Bakr, and ‘Umar.”

[sahih Muslim 1405, some electronic editions 2496]

Jabir ibn Abdullah said, “We did muta’ah giving a handful of dates or flour as dower during the lifetime of Rasulullah and during the time of Abu Bakr until ‘Umar had forbidden it in the case of ‘Amr ibn Hurayth.”

[Muslim 1405, electronic version 2497]

Edited by Rasul

• Basic Members

Salam Alaikum

Brothers and sisters, Isnt it a shame for our ummah, that we are doing this to each other. the infidels are more than happy to see us 'hurting' each other. IF we are MUSLIMS then we should start acting like muslims, does that make sense.  ok , sunni's follow the ahlulsunnah way and shia's follow the Ahlulbayt way or at least we try to.

But Islam first of all means peace, lets bring peace into our religion, dont we have other things to worry about,

We can be the best sunni or the best shia, but it dosent mean anything if Allah's mercy is not on us, it does not mean anything if our sins are not forgiven, it does not mean anything if it is not accepted. We have the BEST RELIGION , but, with the worst followers,!!! Lets pray that even though we are from different sects, we share a common belief, and we pray for each other that may Allah (swt) guide us on the straight path, the path of those that thoust has favoured, not of those who have earned your anger, nor of those who have gone astray. Ameen. I am a convert from sunni to shia way, although i dont consider myself to be a shia, i try my best to folllow the way of the ahlulbayt and this came after a year of research only from Sihah sitta, and all other ahlul sunnah books. May Allah guide us. Ameen

• Advanced Member

Whilst that maybe true in our times, they still follow the same idols, afterall...wahhabism came from what? ;)

Wahhabism came from the British. It's a cancer in the Ummah. To put it nicely.

And there are no "idols" in Islam ;)

Whilst that maybe true in our times, they still follow the same idols, afterall...wahhabism came from what? ;)

السلام عليكم

بسم الله

Idols??? In what sense are they idols?? Do we worship them or do you mean idols as in role models??

If you mean we worship them then you're wrong and if you mean role models then doesn't that make your 12 imams your idols since they're "your role models"??

• Advanced Member

السلام عليكم

بسم الله

Idols??? In what sense are they idols?? Do we worship them or do you mean idols as in role models??

If you mean we worship them then you're wrong and if you mean role models then doesn't that make your 12 imams your idols since they're "your role models"??

nope.

According to Quran, following the made up laws of monks is idol worshipping, and according to Quran as well, sons of Jacob the prophet testified that they will follow the laws of their forefathers.

Shia islam differentiate between blindly following a non appointed human and blindly following an appointed human, if you followed a human who was not appointed by Allah, then you are a polytheist because you have another source for laws, but if you followed a human who is appointed by Allah then you are following Allah by following the man HE appointed, meaning the laws of this appointed human are the laws of Allah, thus you are practicing tawheed in Hakimiyah and Tawheed in obedience.

nope.

According to Quran, following the made up laws of monks is idol worshipping, and according to Quran as well, sons of Jacob the prophet testified that they will follow the laws of their forefathers.

Shia islam differentiate between blindly following a non appointed human and blindly following an appointed human, if you followed a human who was not appointed by Allah, then you are a polytheist because you have another source for laws, but if you followed a human who is appointed by Allah then you are following Allah by following the man HE appointed, meaning the laws of this appointed human are the laws of Allah, thus you are practicing tawheed in Hakimiyah and Tawheed in obedience.

السلام عليكم

بسم الله

So following a non appointed person is polytheism mmmmmm..... So what's your opinion on the shia of today who follow marjas... I guess they're polytheist too!!!!!

If your answer is you followed "godly appointed individuals after prophet (pbuh)" then we don't believe that there was anyone appointed by Allah (swt) after the holy prophet (pbuh) just like you don't believe there are any other appointed people after your imam mahdi

• Advanced Member

السلام عليكم

بسم الله

So following a non appointed person is polytheism mmmmmm..... So what's your opinion on the shia of today who follow marjas... I guess they're polytheist too!!!!!

If your answer is you followed "godly appointed individuals after prophet (pbuh)" then we don't believe that there was anyone appointed by Allah ÓÈÍÇäå æÊÚÇáì after the holy prophet (pbuh) just like you don't believe there are any other appointed people after your imam mahdi

Asalamalaikum

Just to add if the imams are godly appointed then it should be clearly written in gods book and that would be correct

But it doesn't

we Sunni don't think khalifas were appointed by god so obviously it's not in the book so we stand correct

• Advanced Member

السلام عليكم

بسم الله

If your answer is you followed "godly appointed individuals after prophet (pbuh)" then we don't believe that there was anyone appointed by Allah ÓÈÍÇäå æÊÚÇáì after the holy prophet (pbuh) just like you don't believe there are any other appointed people after your imam mahdi

Maraj'e are following the appointed Imams, so by following a marji we do follow the appointed Imam. As for your claim that Sunnis do not believe that prophet appointed anyone of authority on religion after his departure then let me inform you that your belief is wrong. Prophet said "hold on Quran and Ahlulbayt", there is enough authority over religion in that hadith for those who reflect, ahlulbayt were equated to Quran in importance, they are regarded as important as Quran to stay on the right track. On the other hand, there is no authentic hadith that gives authority over religion to companions nor that the Sunni school holds such an opinion, thus, those who followed the tahrim of mut'at alhajj and those who followed the establishment of tarawih as sunnah ie part of teachings from Allah, are polytheists for sure for they followed a man with absolutely no authority over the religion and they knew it, yet they are fine with it.

• Veteran Member

Maraj'e are following the appointed Imams, so by following a marji we do follow the appointed Imam. As for your claim that Sunnis do not believe that prophet appointed anyone of authority on religion after his departure then let me inform you that your belief is wrong. Prophet said "hold on Quran and Ahlulbayt", there is enough authority over religion in that hadith for those who reflect, ahlulbayt were equated to Quran in importance, they are regarded as important as Quran to stay on the right track. On the other hand, there is no authentic hadith that gives authority over religion to companions nor that the Sunni school holds such an opinion, thus, those who followed the tahrim of mut'at alhajj and those who followed the establishment of tarawih as sunnah ie part of teachings from Allah, are polytheists for sure for they followed a man with absolutely no authority over the religion and they knew it, yet they are fine with it.

​ELOQUENTLY SAID BRO…..

السلام عليكم

بسم الله

YOU SAID

Maraj'e are following the appointed Imams, so by following a marji we do follow the appointed Imam.

MY ANSWER

Well why so many different marjas of you following one school of thought. So are you with the marja who insult the companions or with marjas who say it's haram to insult companions. Which marjas right?? And who gave marjas the right to pass any such fatwas.

Secondly you have misinterpreted the hadith. Quran is guide, right?? And so are AHLE BAYT and that's why the AHLE BAYT ie ali a.s was an advisor/guide to the caliphs ie; umar r.a and co.

A guide does not necessarily have to be a leader of the ummah.

So il ask you a straight forward question which deserves a straight forward answer:

Do you have any proof that your 12 imams were appointed by Allah (swt)

Btw I couldn't give a damn whether you think I'm a polytheist since your opinion holds no weight.

• Advanced Member

السلام عليكم

بسم الله

YOU SAID

Maraj'e are following the appointed Imams, so by following a marji we do follow the appointed Imam.

MY ANSWER

Well why so many different marjas of you following one school of thought. So are you with the marja who insult the companions or with marjas who say it's haram to insult companions. Which marjas right?? And who gave marjas the right to pass any such fatwas.

Secondly you have misinterpreted the hadith. Quran is guide, right?? And so are AHLE BAYT and that's why the AHLE BAYT ie ali a.s was an advisor/guide to the caliphs ie; umar r.a and co.

A guide does not necessarily have to be a leader of the ummah.

So il ask you a straight forward question which deserves a straight forward answer:

Do you have any proof that your 12 imams were appointed by Allah ÓÈÍÇäå æÊÚÇáì

Btw I couldn't give a damn whether you think I'm a polytheist since your opinion holds no weight.

nor your opinion holds a weight lol, yes we do have proof that 12 imams were appointed by Allah.

• Advanced Member

as-salamu 'alaykum,

La ilaha ilallah wa Muhammadu rasool'Allah

This logic is flawed.

Polytheism: The worship of or belief in more than one god.

Abu Bakr (RA) , Umar (RA) , Uthman (RA) , and Ali (RA) are not gods in Sunni Islam. We worship Allah SWT, just like Shia Muslims.

• Advanced Member

as-salamu 'alaykum,

La ilaha ilallah wa Muhammadu rasool'Allah

This logic is flawed.

Polytheism: The worship of or belief in more than one god.

Abu Bakr (ra) , Umar (ra) , Uthman (ra) , and Ali (ra) are not gods in Sunni Islam. We worship Allah SWT, just like Shia Muslims.

Worship can be ritualistic, like praying and sacrificing. Worship also can be non ritualistic , like blind obedience. In Islam both should be directed toward Allah, He is the one who deserve to be worshipped and obeyed. For example, if you fast because science told you that fasting is healthy, then your fast is a worship of science, you have obeyed science, similarly, if you did not perform circumcision because science told you that it is pointless then you have worshipped science. If Allah orders you to avoid masturbation while science told you that it is a good healthy habit, then you decided to follow what Allah has ordered you then you worshipped Allah, although you did nothing, your worship was refraining from doing.

lets go back to Quran and try to locate this meaning of worship in Quran. in surat tawbah 9:31 we read:

They have taken their scholars and monks as lords besides Allah , and [also] the Messiah, the son of Mary. And they were not commanded except to worship one God; there is no deity except Him. Exalted is He above whatever they associate with Him.

(They took their rabbis and their monks to be their lords besides Allah, and the Messiah, son of Maryam) ﴿9:31﴾. Imam Ahmad, At-Tirmidhi and Ibn Jarir At-Tabari recorded a Hadith via several chains of narration, from `Adi bin Hatim, may Allah be pleased with him, who became Christian during the time of Jahiliyyah. When the call of the Messenger of Allah reached his area, `Adi ran away to Ash-Sham, and his sister and several of his people were captured. The Messenger of Allah freed his sister and gave her gifts. So she went to her brother and encouraged him to become Muslim and to go to the Messenger of Allah . `Adi, who was one of the chiefs of his people (the tribe of Tai') and whose father, Hatim At-Ta'i, was known for his generosity, went to Al-Madinah. When the people announced his arrival, `Adi went to the Messenger of Allah wearing a silver cross around his neck. The Messenger of Allah recited this Ayah;

﴿اتَّخَذُواْ أَحْبَـرَهُمْ وَرُهْبَـنَهُمْ أَرْبَاباً مِّن دُونِ اللَّهِ﴾

(They took their rabbis and their monks to be their lords besides Allah). `Adi commented, "I said, `They did not worship them.''' The Prophet said,

«بَلَى إِنَّهُمْ حَرَّمُوا عَلَيْهِمُ الْحَلَالَ وَأَحَلُّوا لَهُمُ الْحَرَامَ فَاتَّبَعُوهُمْ فَذَلِكَ عِبَادَتُهُمْ إِيَّاهُم»

(Yes they did. They (rabbis and monks) prohibited the allowed for them (Christians and Jews) and allowed the prohibited, and they obeyed them. This is how they worshipped them.)

• Advanced Member

Salam brother IBN e Sohan.....

Hope u r doing good.....

If u can tell in just few lines to enlighten my knowledge.....

U said maraje are following the appointed imams.... I did not get it..... Do u mean any of the 12 imams or just the last one ie IMAM MEHDI AS

• Advanced Member

Salam brother IBN e Sohan.....

Hope u r doing good.....

If u can tell in just few lines to enlighten my knowledge.....

U said maraje are following the appointed imams.... I did not get it..... Do u mean any of the 12 imams or just the last one ie IMAM MEHDI AS

following the teachings of 12 appointed Imams who are teaching us the teachings of our prophet who delivered to us these teachings from Jebril from Allah.

Imam Sadiq said to a man who asked him what shia who live far away from Imam sadiq do when they need to answer a question regarding religion, imam saidq answered "seek the one who knows our hadiths well"

Edited by IbnSohan

• Advanced Member

following the teachings of 12 appointed Imams who are teaching us the teachings of our prophet who delivered to us these teachings from Jebril from Allah.

Imam Sadiq said to a man who asked him what shia who live far away from Imam sadiq do when they need to answer a question regarding religion, imam saidq answered "seek the one who knows our hadiths well"

Thanks brother IBN e Sohan,

I would than like to know,

Is there a difference of opinion in different maraje

Can one maraje think/ interpret differently from others....

• Advanced Member

Thanks brother IBN e Sohan,

I would than like to know,

Is there a difference of opinion in different maraje

Can one maraje think/ interpret differently from others....

I think that should be asked on another topic, but generally speaking, a marji'e MAY differ from other mari'es IF he has evidence that his fatwa is more proper than the rest. Followers  should seek the one who best know the hadiths of imams so they may  follow the imams words.