Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
PenOfTruth

Are There Any

Rate this topic

(salam) sister

Throughout history, the amount of people who are or not Usuli (i.e. reject the concept of ijtihad to gain rulings) has fluctuated throughout time, although since the time of the Savavids in Iran, most of the Shia world are now Usuli. Today, there are near enough zero Akhbari scholars remaining in the world today, although there do seem to be a few 12 year old E-rijalists in the modern day who believe they can derive their own rulings from hadiths, and write their own tafsir...

However, one of our great scholars, Al Hurr Al Ameli (qas) was an Akhbari, and he is most famous for the compilation of one of our most trustworthy sources, Wasail Al Shia, which is in two editions, of 30 and 20 volumes.

The main reason Akhbarism is essentially dead is best explained by this thread, which interestingly enough was actually created by yourself:

http://www.shiachat.com/forum/topic/235018334-i-swear-its-waajb-to-follow-a-marji/

wasalam

(bismillah)

(salam)

Why would any "mainstream" scholar object to their source of income (khum$)?

(wasalam)

Are you going to say the same thing about the Imams (as) ?

Edited by h_al_s

Are you going to say the same thing about the Imams (as) ?

(bismillah)

(salam)

No. There is a difference between an infallible Imam/Ayatullah/Hujjatullah and a regular fallible person that appoints himself with the titles of the infallibles. Khums, according to the Qur'an, goes to the Prophet (sawa), his family, or their representatives. Imam Mahdi (atfs) said that anyone who claims to be a representative of him during the greater occultation is a liar. Therefore, until the Imam reappears, Khums is either not obligatory OR you spend it in the way of the Imam (i.e. donating to charity, helping the Ummah, building masajid, etc). My personal thoughts lean towards the latter as I don't think Khums suddenly loses it's status as wajib during the occultation. I simply reject the idea of paying it to a single, fallible person that gives himself the titles that belong to the ma'sumeen and who calls himself a representative of the Imam (as). Taqleed is a business. A very profitable one at that.

(wasalam)

Edited by Yusuf Musa

(bismillah)

(salam)

No. There is a difference between an infallible Imam/Ayatullah/Hujjatullah and a regular fallible person that appoints himself with the titles of the infallibles. Khums, according to the Qur'an, goes to the Prophet Õáì Çááå Úáíå æÂáå, his family, or their representatives. Imam Mahdi (atfs) said that anyone who claims to be a representative of him during the greater occultation is a liar. Therefore, until the Imam reappears, Khums is either not obligatory OR you spend it in the way of the Imam (i.e. donating to charity, helping the Ummah, building masajid, etc). My personal thoughts lean towards the latter as I don't think Khums suddenly loses it's status as wajib during the occultation. I simply reject the idea of paying it to a single, fallible person that gives himself the titles that belong to the ma'sumeen and who calls himself a representative of the Imam (as). Taqleed is a business. A very profitable one at that.

(wasalam)

Says an "e-scholar" who has probably never watched any serious lectures, or lessons (e.g. bahth al-kharij), or studied, the issue of khums (even someone who has done so would most likely be in a position where he should only relay what he has learnt, and not give his own opinion). I won't speak for others, but I'd take the ruling of my marja' over the words of a teenager on the forum who has probably just read a hadith here and there and thinks because of that he knows better than some*/all maraja'

[* I put the clause of some because I don't know the rulings of all maraja']

(wasalam)

Edited by Shia_Debater