Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

What Would You Do If You Were A Homosexual ?

Rate this topic

• Veteran Member

I think most men have homosexual desires. Most men are just able to control themselves and most men just don't want to admit it. I think it's possible certain chemical reactions in the brain might make one a little more disposed than others to such things, on top of the much heavier influence of the array of psychological factors that play a part in what sort of things a human being finds his or herself sexually attracted to, but Islam does not teach us to simply follow what's "natural," like Greek Cynics. God has created us in this world, dwelling in forms in which there is both the pull of evil and good in their nature and so we desire both in different unique ways either as a result of external factors and internal factors. Islam provides a path through which we might transform our nature to a more purified state by the love of and submission to God.

Men, just like women, are prone to the whispering of Satan. He being the worst enemy of humanity, does whisper all kinds of filth in human brains. Gayism is one, the cursed enemy of humanity whispers much worst filth including murders, genocides, rapes, drugs, and all things crazy which we don't even know the names of.

But that's all the cursed Ibless can do, Whisper.. Act or Not Act is in the hands of the humans and they must pick the right path.

• Veteran Member

May Allah have not written for us to be of those. Homosexuality is an incredibly hard psychological alteration, sometimes physical as well. 

If we start saying "If" then we wouldn't really know what will happen. Those who have said "I'd change" are delusional. Wouldn't you believe that all those homosexual Muslims would change? It isn't that simple. Once something takes over your mind, you need serious help. You need help from people that have studied in such areas. You need counselling and psychological sessions. Do people really think that one would wake up one day and decide they want to be a homosexual? It is a long process that usually starts from childhood.

I have overcome women, and and if i was able to do that, then i i would also would have been able to overcome men if such were my desires. 

One thing to say about this, we dont realize just HOW strong God created us, because instead of finding ways to overcome our desires in everything(and we are required to do this in order to purify ourself to the highest order) we instead go out and desperately try to find a way to satisfy our desires. 

Its really not that hard, just spend forty days battling with your self in whatever tickles you, be it food or be it men/women, be it whatever you want it to be, and once you have completed forty days then the rest of the days is easy and quickly falls off like dead leaves from a tree. The important days of doing any kind of self purifying are these days : 3, 7, 14, 30, 40 and what happens here is that they are tumultuous turning points, in that a persons feels as if they climbed some hill which changes them all over and their mind set, their body, and other things like their emotions and even their selves, once again i speak from experience of having done this over and over and over again over a years and years.

In fact the problem is not to overcome it, but the problem is to return back to it once it is overcome, because a person feels the satisfaction of dis attachment, you see no reason to come out of this independence and return to dependency, it feels as if you are in a betters state and going back to a lower state. 

I have also done this with food where i have overcome the desire to eat, and once this is done it is again difficult to return back to eating. Eating is much harder to overcome then women or men if that urge existed. However as i said its not as hard as people think it may be, in reality homosexuals dont really have an excuse , and i am speaking from experience of mastering how to overcome the self, so if i can do it with woman, then homosexuals can do it with men , but again the problem is not the actual overcoming, its the question of what to do with the self wants its done, and the boredom if being so declined to anything(unless one finds God or perhaps has a hobby like seeking knowledge) 

Imam Ali said famously "the fear of the task is greater then the task itself"

The hardest thing about overcoming anything is not the actual desire to let go, but what is hardest to let go is the fact that you feel as if life gets boring, in that you feel okay now that i dont have any inclinations towards this, i have nothing else to do , i feel dead to this world, and i dont know what to do with my self, the person feels that he/she feels there is nothing left to do on this earth, and its a great feeling of loneliness, and it is this feeling of loneliness that might make  a person to return back to whatever they left however if a person knows God then he/she quickly grabs hold onto the rope of God and becomes more infatuated with God then anything else this life could have offered, and becomes obsessed with God and seeking God especially once they feel the satisfaction of God looking back at them, and such a person doesnt need anyone or anything, they can live in a mansion or in the park but as long as they can turn to God they have everything

it is really a psychological fulfillment unlike any other  

I think most men have homosexual desires. Most men are just able to control themselves and most men just don't want to admit it. I think it's possible certain chemical reactions in the brain might make one a little more disposed than others to such things, on top of the much heavier influence of the array of psychological factors that play a part in what sort of things a human being finds his or herself sexually attracted to, but Islam does not teach us to simply follow what's "natural," like Greek Cynics. God has created us in this world, dwelling in forms in which there is both the pull of evil and good in their nature and so we desire both in different unique ways either as a result of external factors and internal factors. Islam provides a path through which we might transform our nature to a more purified state by the love of and submission to God.

(bismillah)

(salam)

I disagree, brother. I believe there are masculine men and masculine women. I do not believe that the majority of men have homosexual urges though...

If you do, brother, (this is all relatively anonymous) recite Dua Mashlool as often as possible after every Isha prayer... Insha'Allah your urges will be cured.

(wasalam)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Advanced Member

woah dude. wel sed. esp. the last sentence.  i am happy to "behold" every one's wisdom here. so many enlightened souls in one place-shiachat.

• Advanced Member

Never really thought about it that way .

I guess it's  like a test from God (Allah) .

You are who you are , and you are what God wants you to be.

Just because you are gay doesn't stop you from being a pious Muslim , It's acting out on those

temptations that determine your faith or your fate.

Does that sound about right ?

Never really thought about it that way .

I guess it's  like a test from God (Allah) .

You are who you are , and you are what God wants you to be.

Just because you are gay doesn't stop you from being a pious Muslim , It's acting out on those

temptations that determine your faith or your fate.

Does that sound about right ?

God doesnt choose for someone to be gay. The person chooses.
  • Basic Members

Even if one has the urge to be with the same sex, there should be an internal jihad against it like all other sins. Another thing is to look at ones current sins, because the abundance of sins begins to take a toll on the "nafs" and thus makes things like homosexuality appealing.