Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Ali-F

Help Me: I Don't Like My Job, How Should I Like It

Rate this topic

Asalamu alaykum

first of all, I have discussed this with Ibn Sohan, however, I want to see your views brothers and sisters.

Well, let's go to it.

I have a job, but I don't have this "YES, I love my work". I don't like it, I don't have a good feeling about it. Actually: I want to get this "good feeling" but I don't how... How should I get this feeling?

Well, I actually want to quit my job, but it seems that my parents may disagree.. so, yeah you know.. do you have some advice? Please write, what I can do to "like" my job, etc.

Ya Allah

"Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life." - Confucius

I see many people these days choosing degrees and jobs that will get them money, yet they forget about what they might be able to do if they do something they love. People whom chose something they love revolutionised it, in many cases (not every). But I believe you're only 13-14, right? So this is not your lifetime job. Don't worry about it. I am sure there are good parts to it. Don't you learn new set of skills? Don't you get to talk to people and assist them? Assisting is being very helpful, so that is a positive. You feel like you're doing something rather than doing nothing.

Edited by itinerary

(salam)

Take all the experience you can from said job so that you can place it on your Resume later in life when you search for a job that will become your career rather than just something you do in the spare time.

Thinking about what you'll do with that money helps me get by personally, you could use it to give charity or support others.

"Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life." - Confucius

I see many people these days choosing degrees and jobs that will get them money, yet they forget about what they might be able to do if they do something they love. People whom chose something they love revolutionised it, in many cases (not every). But I believe you're only 13-14, right? So this is not your lifetime job. Don't worry about it. I am sure there are good parts to it. Don't you learn new set of skills? Don't you get to talk to people and assist them? Assisting is being very helpful, so that is a positive. You feel like you're doing something rather than doing nothing.

But, I feel more comfortable home... you know? I think that's the main problem

(salam)

Take all the experience you can from said job so that you can place it on your Resume later in life when you search for a job that will become your career rather than just something you do in the spare time.

Thinking about what you'll do with that money helps me get by personally, you could use it to give charity or support others.

Well, what do you mean by the money?

I had a job like that once where I just hated it with all my heart. It got me nowhere unfortunately except for maybe a good laughs and jokes with my coworkers and stuff but that was it. I was looking for other jobs at the same time, and when I found something better, I said "adios!"

I think you should just stick with it until you find something better, I mean even if you hate it, just remember that you are gaining experience with every minute of that job. Try and make some friends among your coworkers so you can at least have some fun while you work. Some jokes, a few good laughs, trust me it helps with the boredom.

(wasalam)

Well, the jokes may not help, because I just don't like the job, ya Allah, you know? It is like: I don't want to have a job, but my may say that I should

Edited by starlight

Well, what do you mean by the money?

The income you make from working, what other money is there bro?

Might not be much of course, but on the one side you're being productive and helping your local community/business grow, and on the other more personal side you could use that money to support your family with bills (if your parents are having a rough time you can ease their burden a little) or use it to purchase food and feed the poor, things like that.

Most jobs at your age are going to be temporary obviously, I think Bro Mile. had some good advice on making friends with the faces you see everyday, it'll make your day go quicker when you aren't so annoyed with what you're doing.

Edited by SatanicToast

What do you want to do with your time?

You should keep your job for now, but make a plan for how you can make a living doing something you enjoy or at least find tolerable.

parents...

I'm maybe like: Better to be home than working in my job...

If this is a matter of permission with your parents, then it might be better to have a long discussion with them about it.

Sometimes you gotta do things you dont want to do or dont like atm for a better long term future, such is life. Use it as a learning experience, or do something fun with it like read the book What Every Body is Saying, and look at all the small gestures your customers make lol practice your body language skills with it.

I see :)

Have you explained to them why you dont like it? Maybe you should find a good alternative job and show it to them?

it its probably because that if I want to travel with my father to Iraq I must have an income, or, that this job is good etc..

If this is a matter of permission with your parents, then it might be better to have a long discussion with them about it.

Sometimes you gotta do things you dont want to do or dont like atm for a better long term future, such is life. Use it as a learning experience, or do something fun with it like read the book What Every Body is Saying, and look at all the small gestures your customers make lol practice your body language skills with it.

indeed. i have to do it, but I want a feeling like: "Well, I'm going to work today -and cmon let me do it etc." a good feeling, but it isn't there you know?

If there is no chance you can change jobs, try to think positively.

Are to going to ziyara in itaq? If so use that as your motive.

no my parents seems to want that I stay at this job.. so I will stay, but yeah, I think "I must take what it have to take"

What kind of job do you do? Do you not like your current job or you also don't like your area?

Staying at home is probably out of question because you are supposed to do something productive with your life. At best you can either change your job or find a different area to work in.

OP: Look for the end goal. If you are happy with the reward, then stick along till you find something else.

But definitely find something else soon, a bad work environment sickens you internally. Have been in (but now out AlhamdoLillah) from such a situation and its not good for your health.

Absolutley.What job did yu have?

What kind of job do you do? Do you not like your current job or you also don't like your area?

Staying at home is probably out of question because you are supposed to do something productive with your life. At best you can either change your job or find a different area to work in.

I work in a hardware shop. I

I work in a hardware shop. Well, I think that I don't like the feeling that I got this job. Maybe it is because the hours etc.

Change my job? That's a bit  hard maybe, because may parents may want me to stay.. so yeah...

There could be many reasons that a person is not happy with his current job.

# Your Manager: Its always said that a person does not leave his company but rather his manager. So if ones manager or to whom he reports is not good , then definitely its unsatisfactory JOB.......!

#Salary & Growth:People work for two things, Salary and Growth, those two factors are the driving forces which keeps a person attached with its current Employer.Salary and Growth needs to be balanced.If one has good salary but no growth, the result is attrition(leaving the job) and vice versa....

I was working in IBM  as Networking Lead for 6 years,with good salary but less growth and bad manager........ :)...........So this made me a bit unhappy with current profile so I change the JOB.

My advise for you is: Do not leave your current job and search the new job...because once leave the current job, you salary will stop and this will create an extra pressure,confusion etc..................Best way to do it is........Keep searching the job which suits best according to your education or skills that you have or start working on those skills,schedule your time table accordingly...  and let your parents know that you are working hard to get a good oppturnity without leaving the current job .Once you get a new offer, show that offer to your parents and let them understand the growth and opportunity you will get there.... Working in a Hardware store will have a limited growth and salary....

Thanks...!!

Edited by muneermosvi