Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Billy Boy

Anthropomorphism

Rate this topic

It is limiting God to being contingent and possible being and being a composite of different things whereas this is absurd because God is a simple perfect being.

It is limiting God to being contingent and possible being and being a composite of different things whereas this is absurd because God is a simple perfect being.

Bro, a question: why do the Sunnis "limit Allah" ? 

Maybe it is because of the isarliat hadith which were incorporation of ideas of jewish thought into hadith. Or perhaps something like misinterpreting metaphorical words. Which would be due to the distancing from ahlul bayt (as)

Edited by Maitham

That's not correct:traditional Judaism views God as incorporeal(see Maimonides) and saying God has a body is tantamount to kufr for them.So Sunnis cannot have taken this idea from Jews;it must be said that some Jews also believe God is present everywhere and even in the soul of all Jews(not the differnce which might seem subtle but is enormous:Muslims view the soul as God's creation;these Jews as God Himself!),an opinion which is blasphemous in my view.But they still don't assume God has a body.

What about the rest of the Jews? And I did not mean Sunnis took it I mean Jewish people held ideas and added them into hadith. These are calle. Israliat hadith.

Edited by Maitham

That's not correct:traditional Judaism views God as incorporeal(see Maimonides) and saying God has a body is tantamount to kufr for them.So Sunnis cannot have taken this idea from Jews;it must be said that some Jews also believe God is present everywhere and even in the soul of all Jews(not the differnce which might seem subtle but is enormous:Muslims view the soul as God's creation;these Jews as God Himself!),an opinion which is blasphemous in my view.But they still don't assume God has a body.

other than how we can understand if something was metaphorical this may be useful readhttp://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=10&ved=0CEIQFjAJ&url=https%3A%2F%2Ffaculty.biu.ac.il%2F~barilm%2Fhandofgd.html&ei=RM6sUqTzJ4azrgGfxYGwAw&usg=AFQjCNFBtjN19zjvWLs14b7n9zpuoFtACg&sig2=NkuMkw8ys6NEo6CcBICq2A

Astonishing!I didn't know about this;my sole knowledge about Jewish beliefs were the ones I quoted i.e. the difference between rationalistic thinkers like Maimonides and the mystical kabalists who believe in 12 different "manifestations" of God called sephirot and believe in the blasphemous concept of a pantheistic God who even resides in our souls.Thanks for showing their weird beliefs !

Astonishing!I didn't know about this;my sole knowledge about Jewish beliefs were the ones I quoted i.e. the difference between rationalistic thinkers like Maimonides and the mystical kabalists who believe in 12 different "manifestations" of God called sephirot and believe in the blasphemous concept of a pantheistic God who even resides in our souls.Thanks for showing their weird beliefs !

I would not agree how everything is presented and said in that article but only to show how some in Judaism may have had an odd view at times. And I do not know or understand about the karbalah movement to comment on them. I also have no issue believing metaphorical usage of hands and such so such wording is reconciling allahuallam. And did they believe in pantheism (all is God) ? Or did they believing that all is a manifestation? And if so what do they mean by manifestation. Do they mean the extension and mode of possible existing things depending on the absolute living.allahuallam I wonder...as such things as in God's image are easily reconciled in tawheed from ahlul bayt (as). Edited by Maitham

Well,honestly speaking,my knowledge of Judaism stems from Wikipedia and other few sites.As a matter of fact,I like exploring different religious beliefs;here are some links that could help:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chassidism

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kabalah

thank you brother

(Salam)

Sunnis believe Abu Huraira to be a reliable source for ahadeeth. Since Abu Huraira quoted the following, Sunnis consider Allah to have a physical form such as a body.

Narrated Abu Huraira:

(that the Prophet said) "It will be said to the Hell, ‘Are you filled?’ It will say, ‘Are there any more (to come)?’ On that Allah will put His Foot on it, and it will say ‘Qati! Qati! (Enough! Enough!)."

Also, Sunnis present the following Qur'aanic verse to further justify their views.

قَالَ يَا إِبْلِيسُ مَا مَنَعَكَ أَنْ تَسْجُدَ لِمَا خَلَقْتُ بِيَدَيَّ ۖ أَسْتَكْبَرْتَ أَمْ كُنْتَ مِنَ الْعَالِينَ

(Allah) said: "O Iblis! What prevents thee from prostrating thyself to one whom I have created with my hands? Art thou haughty? Or art thou one of the high (and mighty) ones?" [38:75]