Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Kianofum

Israel Prefers Assad Over Islamists In Syria

Rate this topic

http://www.jpost.com/Defense/Ex-army-chief-Halutz-Israel-prefers-Assad-over-Islamists-in-Syria-334644

Israel’s preference is for President Bashar Assad to remain in power rather than see radical Islamist forces take control in Syria, the former military chief of staff is quoted in Wednesday’s edition of the daily tabloid Ma’ariv as saying.

Dan Halutz, who served as IDF chief of staff during the Second Lebanon War in 2006, told a gathering in Moscow that the prospect of al-Qaida-affiliated elements ruling Damascus in place of the Assad regime would be more problematic from Jerusalem’s standpoint....

Now we must ask ourselves, do we believe in the prophecy that Jesus will decend?  If thats true, then the enemy of the Zionist Israel is Jesus.  And if Mahdi and his army are paving the way for Jesus, then who ever is the biggest enemy to Israel at the moment is the army of Mahdi.

I think these so-called "terrorists" are pretty much mentioned by the Prophet, s.a.w.s.  

Believe what you wish to believe, my Shia cousins, but Allah will reveal the truth in due time.  May Allah bless the Army that carries the black banner of Islam. Ameen.

In the meantime, I ask Shia to re-evaluate their teachings.

http://www.jpost.com/Defense/Ex-army-chief-Halutz-Israel-prefers-Assad-over-Islamists-in-Syria-334644

Israel’s preference is for President Bashar Assad to remain in power rather than see radical Islamist forces take control in Syria, the former military chief of staff is quoted in Wednesday’s edition of the daily tabloid Ma’ariv as saying.

Dan Halutz, who served as IDF chief of staff during the Second Lebanon War in 2006, told a gathering in Moscow that the prospect of al-Qaida-affiliated elements ruling Damascus in place of the Assad regime would be more problematic from Jerusalem’s standpoint....

Now we must ask ourselves, do we believe in the prophecy that Jesus will decend?  If thats true, then the enemy of the Zionist Israel is Jesus.  And if Mahdi and his army are paving the way for Jesus, then who ever is the biggest enemy to Israel at the moment is the army of Mahdi.

I think these so-called "terrorists" are pretty much mentioned by the Prophet, s.a.w.s.  

Believe what you wish to believe, my Shia cousins, but Allah will reveal the truth in due time.  May Allah bless the Army that carries the black banner of Islam. Ameen.

In the meantime, I ask Shia to re-evaluate their teachings.

Muslims have been waiting for the Mahdi (as) for 1400  years . To base you conclusions upon one statement from individual from a state that is 50 years old reveals how simply you view the world.

Even if we were to accept your statements no 'Islamic radicals' have rushed to engage Israel in a prolonged battle. No 'Muslim country' has rushed to engage Israel in 40 odd years. Saudi rushes to Israel to discuss plans to attack Iran. Sort of says it all 

What makes you think Saudi princes are relevant to Allah?  You keep assuming that the 1 billion Sunnis are in favor of Saudi, when in reality the majority of Sunnis are against Saudi mentality.

I think in time we'll see that the Persian rulers are best friends with Israel behind closed doors.  The threats being tossed back and forth are just a strategy to keep the sheep of both sides to depend on khomani and netanyahu for safety.  Allah Knows best

What makes you think Saudi princes are relevant to Allah?  You keep assuming that the 1 billion Sunnis are in favor of Saudi, when in reality the majority of Sunnis are against Saudi mentality.

I think in time we'll see that the Persian rulers are best friends with Israel behind closed doors.  The threats being tossed back and forth are just a strategy to keep the sheep of both sides to depend on khomani and netanyahu for safety.  Allah Knows best

I don't believe I ever mentioned "Sunnis" anywhere in my post.

As for your argument of Iran and Israel being secret besties, I would appreciate if you would support that with some combination of evidence and reasoning, because otherwise it's just some nonsensical rantings of a prejudiced person who wants to have his cake and eat it too (i.e. be opposed to the Zionists while also retaining his distaste for "Persians").

And there is no such person as "Khomani."

Edited by baradar_jackson

There is not such a thing as Islamists or jihadists, all Muslims are Islamists , true Islamists do not kill innocents nor rape nuns.

Those who fight in Syria are but mercenaries, a cover up army.

Simpleton Sunnis need to stop burying their heads in sand.

If you accept their petrodollar you are their servant/slave. 

Edited by A true Sunni

There is not such a thing as Islamists or jihadists, all Muslims are Islamists , true Islamists do not kill innocents nor rape nuns.

Those who fight in Syria are but mercenaries, a cover up army.

Simpleton Sunnis need to stop burying their heads in sand.

If I had to choose between an army that forces me to say "la ilaha ila Bashar" (as seen in plenty youtube videos) or an army that beheads a civilians/nuns for worshipping a tree or a giant statue of "Jesus"--I would have to side with the so-labeled mercenaries. true, they killed a Christian man in al Raqqa..but that same man had a LIQUOR SHOP that had been poisoning lives for decades!! 

During the time of Mohammad,saws, a Muslim killed a non-Muslim after he took shahada as he surrendered during a battle.  Mohammad condemmed it, but he does not take the blame for it. All he can do is teach the Muslims to prevent another accident to occur. Therefore, if I were to choose the "mercenaries," I would not be associated with their actions, I could only advise them to do what is right.

You can't do that with Assad's army.  For one, they're fighting to maintain secularism.  Is Allah secular?

And no offence to my Shia friends, but history tells us that the true mercenaries have Shia roots.  Ever read about the Hashashin? and how salahadin defeated them? Thats exactly what we have in syria today

Edited by Kianofum

If I had to choose between an army that forces me to say "la ilaha ila Bashar" (as seen in plenty youtube videos) or an army that beheads a civilians/nuns for worshipping a tree or a giant statue of "Jesus"--I would have to side with the so-labeled mercenaries.

During the time of Mohammad,saws, a Muslim killed a non-Muslim after he took shahada as he surrendered during a battle. Mohammad condemmed it, but he does not take the blame for it. All he can do is teach the Muslims to prevent another accident to occur. Therefore, if I were to choose the "mercenaries," I would not be associated with their actions, I could only advise them to do what is right.

You can't do that with Assad's army. For one, they're fighting to maintain secularism. Is Allah secular?

You are not the prophet to advice them!

You dont have to be a prophet to explain whats right and wrong to someone with limited knowledge

If you are not the leader whose say about an act reflects the stance of the group rather than the mistake of one individual then you are but an x belonging to the herd. Your position from those murders, rapes, plunders and breaking every single Islamic law specially the major limits, your position is the position of the one who encourages them. I am not a blind, I've seen and heard Sunnis rejoicing upon hearing the news of Shia killings, I am not deaf, I listen to your lectures where your great scholars encourage people to kill Shia , I am not oblivious to the historical events where Sunnis had killed shiis with cold blood.

You should have the gut to say that you fully not only support their goals but you do support their means through which they reach to their goals. Allah said in his book that he dose not order people to do munkar nor that he guides those who do munkar to his path. Obviously , those mercenaries are doing munkar, Allah will lead them not to his path.

All that they achieve is what you are trying to preach, that this is Islam , curses upon those who lie on our prophet, he did not taught us to kill unarmed civilians even if they were pagans how about Muslims , unarmed, working In a hospital and Sunnis ?

Have you seen the latest massacre done by alqaeda in Yemen ? Those in Syria are those in Yemen , their cause in Syria is their cause in Yemen !

. true, they killed a Christian man in al Raqqa..but that same man had a LIQUOR SHOP that had been poisoning lives for decades!! 

So lets see. A Christian man living in a secular society opens up a Liquor shop which is legitimate both in secular eyes and Islamic eyes since its not an Islamic state and is killed for doing so. I better not go to my local Tesco you never know with these Takfiris. Suicide bomb tesco and sainsburies and asda omg

Edited by A true Sunni

Obviously Israel would prefer Assad. The Syrian-Israeli borders have been quiet and safe for over 40 years! Not a single bullet fired by the regime in Syria even when they are bomb by Israel. So much for their "resistance" They are only good at killing their own people.

It's a cheap tactic to use the same Israeli excuse when the reality is the terrorist rebels Saudi backers are in Israel's pockets.

The reason Syria did not respond to Israel's recent bombings is because the hold point of these attacks was to locate Israel's surface to air missiles because they would have been the next on the target list.

Obviously Israel would prefer Assad. The Syrian-Israeli borders have been quiet and safe for over 40 years! Not a single bullet fired by the regime in Syria even when they are bomb by Israel. So much for their "resistance" They are only good at killing their own people.

Actually, Israel definitely prefer the rebels who will implement some backwards fake "Islamic law" system if they take power and behead each other and minorities in Syria. A destroyed Afghanistan-like state in Syria means a powerless Syria.

If Israel prefers Assad, then why have they bombed Assad and Hezbollah multiple times already, helping their al-qaeda and FSA buddies in the process? Why have the rebels been caught with Israeli arms such as Uzis? Why did they set up a field hospital in the Golan heights to treat "rebels" when the "rebels" were operating in the area? Why has the president of Israel (Shimon Peres) called for Assad's ouster publicly? Why did Israel (along with their Saudi, Qatari, American and NATO allies) blame Assad for the chemical attacks if they want him in power? Why has AIPAC been lobbying for an American invasion against the Syrian army?

I can go on and on...

Syria has done as much as it can against Israel. During the 1973 war it took back a part of the Golan Heights. It also supports Hezbollah and Hamas (which has betrayed them). Syria can't attack Israel directly because then Israel will call their puppy dog (America) who is looking for a pretext, to attack Syria. 

To the OP, just because a FORMER military of staff says that he prefers Assad, it doesn't mean anything considering the PRESIDENT of Israel has been calling for Assads ouster.

You can say that Israel prefers Assad but the facts clearly demonstrate otherwise. Saying that Israel prefers Assad, or that Israel is allies with Iran or Hezbollah is just pure fantasy.

If I had to choose between an army that forces me to say "la ilaha ila Bashar" (as seen in plenty youtube videos) or an army that beheads a civilians/nuns for worshipping a tree or a giant statue of "Jesus"--I would have to side with the so-labeled mercenaries. true, they killed a Christian man in al Raqqa..but that same man had a LIQUOR SHOP that had been poisoning lives for decades!! 

Lol, that says a lot about you... are you serious?

It's a cheap tactic to use the same Israeli excuse when the reality is the terrorist rebels Saudi backers are in Israel's pockets.

The reason Syria did not respond to Israel's recent bombings is because the hold point of these attacks was to locate Israel's surface to air missiles because they would have been the next on the target list.

CORRECTION BELOW- (I don't have editing privalges yet bring a new member)

The reason Syria did not respond to Israel's recent bombings is because the whole point of these attacks was to locate SYRIAS surface to air missiles because they would have been the next on the target list.

Actually, Israel definitely prefer the rebels who will implement some backwards fake "Islamic law" system if they take power and behead each other and minorities in Syria. A destroyed Afghanistan-like state in Syria means a powerless Syria.

If Israel prefers Assad, then why have they bombed Assad and Hezbollah multiple times already, helping their al-qaeda and FSA buddies in the process? Why have the rebels been caught with Israeli arms such as Uzis? Why did they set up a field hospital in the Golan heights to treat "rebels" when the "rebels" were operating in the area? Why has the president of Israel (Shimon Peres) called for Assad's ouster publicly? Why did Israel (along with their Saudi, Qatari, American and NATO allies) blame Assad for the chemical attacks if they want him in power? Why has AIPAC been lobbying for an American invasion against the Syrian army?

I can go on and on...

Syria has done as much as it can against Israel. During the 1973 war it took back a part of the Golan Heights. It also supports Hezbollah and Hamas (which has betrayed them). Syria can't attack Israel directly because then Israel will call their puppy dog (America) who is looking for a pretext, to attack Syria. 

To the OP, just because a FORMER military of staff says that he prefers Assad, it doesn't mean anything considering the PRESIDENT of Israel has been calling for Assads ouster.

You can say that Israel prefers Assad but the facts clearly demonstrate otherwise. Saying that Israel prefers Assad, or that Israel is allies with Iran or Hezbollah is just pure fantasy.

Totally agree and let's not forget Al Qaeda in Syria's brothers in Libya were falling over themselves to get meeting with Bernard-Henri Lévy and swear their alliegence to Israel.

http://mobile.english.rfi.fr/africa/20110602-libyan-rebels-will-recognise-israel-bernard-henri-levy-tells-netanyahu

It's all about the money with these rebels and if they have to kill Muslims for their Zionist masters they will do it!

Assad is Iran's ally and it is in Israel's and America's interest to remove Assad from power and to establish a Zionist puppet gov to take over instead. What you fail to understand is that if Assad is removed then Syria would be 10X worst than Iraq, because of how many divided groups from the opposition will be vying for power and the wahabis would be spreading their extremist interpretation of Islam and are after to establish a modern day ummayad dynasaty. HezbAllah would lose all the wonderful support from Assad and Israel's goal is to instigate chaos and make the Arab nations surrounding them look just as bad so that all the attention is diverted away from them and they would be laughing their heads off at how stupid they think everyone else is. Tell me when was the last time AlQaeda fought Israel and tried to liberate Palestine or is Israel too big for them to handle? The Syrian army are fighting for our survival, may God bless them and Assad is a hero for standing against the Zionists.

Israel's politicians also claimed they favor Ahmadinejad over Mousavi during the 2009 elections.

The reason Israel (just as the West) have historically preferred  Sunnism, Salafism and Wahhabism, is because they relate these sects to Protestant cults of the 17th century in Europe.

These artificial sects that emerged out of an identity gap during the 20th century, have a proven history of embracing colonialism, neoliberal economic systems and individualism. Logic says they'll all be atheist Iphone 372s zombies in a century or two.

Assad may have to learn his lessons from history and adapt a laissez-faire Safavid immigration policy. It's his only move quite frankly.

Edited by Gainzz

Salafis are a funny bunch.

They never take up arms against the Zionists, they openly talk about how much they prefer Israel to Iran, they openly talk about how they would support an Israeli attack on Iran, etc.... and then they have the [guts] to claim that their enemies are the Zionist puppets.

... because otherwise it's just some nonsensical rantings of a prejudiced person who wants to have his cake and eat it too ...

Have you read his other posts, My vote is for the 'otherwise'. 

Obviously Israel loves Assad, the proof is their military air support for FSA. Oh wait . . .   :P

Obviously Israel loves Assad...that's why the've bombed his army, his bases, sent missles to his house, assasinated his generals, and accused him over and over of attacking his people with chemical weapons. 

When I really love someone, that's how I show my love...with heavy weapons and accusations that involve WMD   ;)

Makes perfect sense...In the Bizarro World

Edited by Abu Hadi

Guts....... :)

and courage of conviction are attributes of real men who die fighting on their feet not like these Salafis who are owned by the Zionists and ultimately once their purpose is served they will be finished on their knees as all good Zionist slaves are!

Israel loves chaos and unstAbility in the world..That is what it simply feeds on inorder to remain alive.

As for assad, they are desperate for him to go; even if it means salafi/ wahabis come into thier place because..

1) assad alignment with iran means hizbullah remains strong

2) if hizzbullah is strong; it means israel can not fight and occupy lebanon.. As we saw in 2006 war.

3) if hezbullah is strong; it means resistant groups such as hamas and islamic jihad will remain armed and in power.

4) because they are in power israels occupying plans in palestine deem unaccomplished.

5) hence they wish to 'cut off the head of the snake'...Which is iran. and they are trying by all mean... The lies, the lobbies; the bribery of congress and the push for the world powers to attack iran on a false nuclear issue... Syria is merely a stepping stone to iran.

funnily enough; as exposed in wikilieaks; the saudis also want to cut off the head of the snake...and considering they are the padres of al qaeda/al nusra or whatever rubbish theyre calling themselves these days....they are trying very hard along side israel. The saudis provide the funding, israel the training, jordan the base, and the west provide the weapons....and they are still an incompetent bunch... That can only kill unarmed men women and children..no wonder the west are giving up on them...

It was only just recently saudi rministers met with israelis to discuss plans on syria and iran. They are both quite upset that syria was not invaded as well as with the recent talks with iran in geneva...And trying their best to derail it. Israel via aipac and congress and saudi via tantrums and threats of turning to russia... Lol.

Still God works in mysterious ways.. And We are at def. a pivotal junction in history.

Edited by Asr

Salafis are a funny bunch.

They never take up arms against the Zionists, they openly talk about how much they prefer Israel to Iran, they openly talk about how they would support an Israeli attack on Iran, etc.... and then they have the [guts] to claim that their enemies are the Zionist puppets.

Iranians are actually even funnier.  Only in Iran are Jewish Synagogues ALLOWED, and Sunni mosques BANNED.

Whats sad is to you guys, anyone who is a Sunni is a salafi/wahabi....but the majority of the Sunnis don't care for this neo-salafi [Edited Out].  Personally, I have never liked the saudis.  In fact, I was always pro-hezbollah and pro-Iran until they decided to support secular Assad.

In the end, however, Allah will expose everyone and the ones who follow religion based blindly will be held accountable..whether they are salafi or shia

Iranians are actually even funnier.  Only in Iran are Jewish Synagogues ALLOWED, and Sunni mosques BANNED.

Whats sad is to you guys, anyone who is a Sunni is a salafi/wahabi....but the majority of the Sunnis don't care for this neo-salafi [Edited Out].  Personally, I have never liked the saudis.  In fact, I was always pro-hezbollah and pro-Iran until they decided to support secular Assad.

In the end, however, Allah will expose everyone and the ones who follow religion based blindly will be held accountable..whether they are salafi or shia

It is exactly this type of docile view that gives Islam the impression of lack of intelligence.

You have no idea of the difference between being secular and having tolerance and respect for other religions.

The Prophet Muhammad pbuh respected and showed tolerance to people of all faiths.

Why when the constitution for Medina was written the Muslims as well as those who had entered the pact from the Jews, Christian, and idolaters, were classed as one nation. All were considered members and citizens of Medina society regardless of religion, race, or ancestry. People of other faiths were protected from harm as much as the Muslims.

President Assad is a Muslim who respects other religions and shows tolerance and respect for other faiths.

All of you who support the terrorists Al Qaeda rebels in Syria betray Islam.

It is YOU who are secular because when it comes to fighting in Muslim countries, killing Muslim men, women and children you don't care who is paying you to do the job or whose money you are taking be it Zionist Christians or Jews!

Edited by Sherezade