Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
myouvial

Questions :

Rate this topic

1. What is the deed that make angry Allah SWT and Iblis la ?

2. What is the shortest distance from a point to another point ?

3. What is the shortest distance from a mere human to return to Allah SWT ?

4. What is the deed that get ridha from Allah SWT and Iblis la ?

(salam)

Replies:

1) "Joining invented gods with Allah(swt)" Note: there is nothing revealed that says Allah(swt) has emotions. If you are Christian or Jewish reading this, in Exodus there is the "jealous god" phrase, but 'jealousy' is used because that is something people can understand.

2)The shortest distance between two points is a geodesic.

3)What is the shortest distance between us and Allah(swt)? As revealed, He(swt) is closer to us than our jugular vein.

4)Clarify

(salam)

Replies:

1) "Joining invented gods with Allah(swt)" Note: there is nothing revealed that says Allah(swt) has emotions. If you are Christian or Jewish reading this, in Exodus there is the "jealous god" phrase, but 'jealousy' is used because that is something people can understand.

2)The shortest distance between two points is a geodesic.

3)What is the shortest distance between us and Allah(swt)? As revealed, He(swt) is closer to us than our jugular vein.

4)Clarify

Thanks for reply.

1. "Joining invented gods with Allah(swt)" ==> This is i believe the deed that can not be forgiven, i.e. shirk. But how Iblis la angry with this deed ? (What i understand : Iblis la fear (or may be jealous) to human who do this, since he la can not do shirk.)

During mychildhood, a friend of me ask this question, and his answer is : raping the Iblis la's daughter.

The bold sentence startled me. I admit i am lack of knowledge of Al Qur'an. I learn Islam mostly through translation in my language. Could you explain 61:3 ?

61_3.png
Sahih International

Great is hatred in the sight of Allah that you say what you do not do.

It shows emotion, i.e. hatred.

2. I do not saying a surface which maybe flat or curved.

.--------------->. = straight line

3. If we are assuming the literal meaning of "the shortest distance", then your answer is right.

But my answer is :

1_6.png
Sahih International
Guide us to the straight path -

4. What is the deed that get ridha (make happy) from Allah SWT and Iblis la ?

" Could you explain 61:3 ?

Sahih International

Great is hatred in the sight of Allah that you say what you do not do."

(Salam)

This verse points to the people who put others on the right path, tell them what is right and what is wrong, but they themselves don't act upon it. It can also point towards the people who make statements as to what they will do, but they don't do it. Or you can say they lie, they make false promises/statements etc. I hope you get my point. :)

(salam)

61:3 This refers back to 2:177 "...to fulfill the contracts which you have made..." which is secular, earth-business, contracts,  but primarily that which goes with the shahada. You could also splice-in 18:23 & 24.

" Could you explain 61:3 ?

I cannot explain more than your explanation below. I only learn through the upper gound (not underground) translation and people recite about this verse but no deep explanation. However, i give comment below from all of my knowledge and heart. Please correct me.

Sahih International

Great is hatred in the sight of Allah that you say what you do not do."

(salam)

This verse points to the people who put others on the right path, tell them what is right and what is wrong, but they themselves don't act upon it.

I agree with your tafsir/ta'wil or understanding and put it in your above english sentence. I would like to add : This people who tell other on the right path while he knows that it is the right path and do not act upon the right path will get anger from Allah SWT.

And my logic tells that it is an act of foolish/stupid. For example : You have an exam and being asked by your friend the right answer about what is 1 + 1 ? (ignoring about the act of cheating in exam). You tell him the answer is two, and your friend get right while your answer is three which is wrong.

However, maybe (i hope), Allah SWT do not anger to people who put others on the right path, but they themselves is still struggle to do the right path. (This is my child understanding from my discussion with my child after telling him about this verse). Otherwise, everyone who knows this verse literally will stop telling the right path, so i fear there is no one on earth telling the right path. This is the importance of surat al ashr.

103_3.png
Sahih International

Except for those who have believed and done righteous deeds and advised each other to truth and advised each other to patience.

I also remember the act of ummah of Nabi Yunus as, as they get repent after being abandoned by their Nabi. Their repentance is i believe an act of telling others on the right path which they abandoned before. So Allah SWT accept their repentance. (Please correct me if i am wrong in this understanding of the story in Qur'an).

It can also point towards the people who make statements as to what they will do, but they don't do it. Or you can say they lie, they make false promises/statements etc. I hope you get my point. :)

This act is an act of real munafiq. They tell the right path with agendas to control people. I hope i get your point :(

(Salam)

Brother, the thing isn't that if you know the right path, you just follow it. Unlike exams, the life is practical and people are usually lazy. So, even after putting others on the right path, they themselves act the opposite. I know It's hard to believe how stupid people are that they themselves dont act upon the right path even after knowing it but before I read this verse, I also used to do the same thing thinking that "If I'm not doing something right, at least I should educate others about it & save them from the satanic ways". But how can one expect to educate others just by telling them whats right and whats not if he's not giving a practical example of the teachings he is spreading? Usually when someone teaches you something, you look upto them to learn more from them. If one is wrong, after educating others, he can actually mislead them by not acting upon the teachings he is spreading.

& Yes, after reading this verse, I myself stopped correcting others with the fear of the anger of Allah. But I changed my ways. I know this world needs a better change and I want Jannah, so I started educating others what I know; after I myself started acting upon it.

(salam)

Brother, the thing isn't that if you know the right path, you just follow it. Unlike exams, the life is practical and people are usually lazy. So, even after putting others on the right path, they themselves act the opposite. I know It's hard to believe how stupid people are that they themselves dont act upon the right path even after knowing it but before I read this verse, I also used to do the same thing thinking that "If I'm not doing something right, at least I should educate others about it & save them from the satanic ways". But how can one expect to educate others just by telling them whats right and whats not if he's not giving a practical example of the teachings he is spreading? Usually when someone teaches you something, you look upto them to learn more from them. If one is wrong, after educating others, he can actually mislead them by not acting upon the teachings he is spreading.

& Yes, after reading this verse, I myself stopped correcting others with the fear of the anger of Allah. But I changed my ways. I know this world needs a better change and I want Jannah, so I started educating others what I know; after I myself started acting upon it.

Salam, i agree with you and i hope i understand what you mean. So human should started educating others what human knows, after (and during ?, but not before !) human themselves started acting upon it.

I still remember a hadis (or Al Qur'an ?), but i do not remember where and in what book :

a. Teach eventhough one ayat.

b. Tell eventhough it is hurt.

Salam, i agree with you and i hope i understand what you mean. So human should started educating others what human knows, after (and during ?, but not before !) human themselves started acting upon it.

I still remember a hadis (or Al Qur'an ?), but i do not remember where and in what book :

a. Teach eventhough one ayat.

b. Tell eventhough it is hurt. bitter. Truth is bitter.

Narrated from ‘Abd-Allah ibn ‘Amr (may Allah be pleased with him) that the Prophet (pbuh) said:

Convey from me, even if it is a verse. (Sahih bukhari: 3461)

Narrated by Abu Dharr: The holy prophet (pbuh) advised me to speak the truth; even if it was bitter (Al-Tirmidhi HadithHadith 5259)

& yes brother, you're right.

Rejecting iblis' trickery for belief in a god other than Allah (not sure, just a possible answer)

displacement.

the straight path.

sometimes iblis tricks people into doing something LESS good than what they intended. however, its still good and can get thawab.

(bismillah)

(salam)

1. Arrogance.

2. The limit as h approaches 0.

3. Death.

4. Patience.

(wasalam)

Edited by BuggyLemon

(salam)

61:3 This refers back to 2:177 "...to fulfill the contracts which you have made..." which is secular, earth-business, contracts,  but primarily that which goes with the shahada. You could also splice-in 18:23 & 24.

The context of the beginning of Sura as-Saf is about Warfare and those people who would come to the Messenger and complain that they want to fight back and defend themselves but when they were ordained to fight these same people refused to do so. Professor Abdel Haleem mentions this in a footnote of his commentary on that verse.

Thank you for all to answer my quest. To my surprise and amazement, my quest can be solved or partly solved with various answer.

So far I concluded that at least for me that there is many things in the world i do not know, i.e. things, place, history, way of thinking, algorithm etc. I will later list all the answer.