In the Name of God بسم الله

Why Non Muslims Are Not Allowed To Enter In Haram

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

(bismillah)

(salam)

Brothers I read a post on a facebook and it says Kafir is not allowed to enter inside haram. I have few observation with this regard:-

a.  In general we know, people from world over used to visit Prophet SAWAW and mostly inside Madina Mosque, some of them accepted Islam and some of them didn't accepted Islam. Madina mosque was hub of activities like Political and social besides being a prayer place. If this is correct then it is safe to say that Prophet SAWAW never forbade kuffars to enter the mosque. But if any one has some hadiaath in this regard please do share.

b.  I heard from a sunni (need to see which book of hadiath covers it or may any sunni brother can share it) that a christian enters the mosque and did something like natures call and sahabas drew their sword but Prophet SAWAW asked them to calm down and make that person sit besides/ near Him SAWAW and told him with good akhlaq that like Christians have churches and  Muslims have mosques as worship place and we have to respect the sanctity of these places. Because of Akhlaq of Prophet (SAWAW) that person immediately accepted Islam. Comments and sharing of hadiath is required.

c.  Likewise, people used to visit Imam Ali (AS) in kufa mostly in Kufa Mosque during his Caliph hood now i am not sure weather all of these people were muslims or not. So if any one have researched it please do share.

d.  Allah is Rab ul Aalameen, Prophet SAWAW is Rehmat ulil Aalameen and same way our Imam (AS) are send as Hujjatuallah over naas. Are they only restricted to shias or muslims and the answer is no. Mosque is constructed with niyyah as Allah's worship place, Allah's House and having being recognised him as Rab ul Aalameen still we do not allow others. Who are we to limit the mercy of Allah i.e the light of Islam and its teaching radiating from a mosque or pulpit by restricting or stopping persons from other religion to come nearby. Less there is some authentic hadiath from Prophet (SAWAW) our Imam e Masomeen (AS) or some Quranic evidence for which i am looking for brothers to help me in this regard.

e.  We read in Quran in Surah Waqia that لَا يَمَسُّهُ إِلَّا الْمُطَهَّرُونَ an un pure cannot touch, i know the detailed tafsir on the verse but for literal lovers this raises a question yet again inside Quran as we read its Hudalil naas in Surah Baqrah. So Quran is hadiyah for every human and likewise we found Hindus, Parse, Buddhist and Atheists  touching and reading Quran. Many after getting blessed by the guidance covered in Quran accept Islam. Same way mosques besides a prayer place also radiate the teachings of Islam and Quran so why restricting the entry of non muslims there.

f.  To add to the agony, irony is what to talk about others we tend to write outside our mosques inside Pakistan that this is Deobandi, hanafi, Barelivi orShia Mosque. How pathetic is this.

I know there are ruling with regards to eating from meals cooked by non muslims especially not non ahle kitab. But foregoing in view, does that ruling implies in this case as well. 

Please enlighten me on the issue. 

Thanks in advance.

• Advanced Member

(bismillah)

(salam)

As far as Majid e Haram is concerned we read in Quran 

يَا أَيُّهَا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا إِنَّمَا الْمُشْرِكُونَ نَجَسٌ فَلَا يَقْرَبُوا الْمَسْجِدَ الْحَرَامَ بَعْدَ عَامِهِمْ هَٰذَا ۚ وَإِنْ خِفْتُمْ عَيْلَةً فَسَوْفَ يُغْنِيكُمُ اللَّهُ مِنْ فَضْلِهِ إِنْ شَاءَ ۚ إِنَّ اللَّهَ عَلِيمٌ حَكِيمٌ

O you who have faith! The polytheists are indeed unclean: so let them not approach the Holy Mosque after this year. Should you fear poverty, Allah will enrich you out of His grace, if He wishes. Indeed Allah is all-knowing, all-wise.

So the only inquiry left is whether this implies onto all Mosques or just Masjid e Haram in Macca. Also with regards to a, b and c of my previous Post

Thanks

• 6 months later...
  • Advanced Member

Salam. brother,

You know this is a popular fatwa among fughaha (religious authority) that; people of the book are not allowed to enter the mosques let alone non-believers, yes when it comes to the act of prophet Muhammad that he refuged some of Yahud of bani al- Nadhir as well as bani quraydhah in Masjid al-Nabi, it would be said that the very verse;

یا ایها الذین آمنوا انما المشرکون نجس فلایقربوا المسجدالحرام بعد عامهم هذا yet was not sent, and the fact that all of the groups coming to visit prophet in his mosque, was in a time the verse had not been revealed, then later for the sake of the dignity of Islam and sanctity of Harm and mosques Mushrikin (idol worshipers) were not permitted to enter the mosques stay praying or what so ever, this is a common approval among many Ulamas as Maraji.

Here it might be asked why they are not allowed?  one reason  that the above mentioned ayah also referred to is,  the case of impurity of Mushrikin, for mostly they  are not practicing Ghusl or Taharat after Jinabah or toilet, so here as you see there is the possibility  of this kind of nijasah to be conveyed  to the mosques through the wet and moisture  of the body of Mushrikin , for sure the term Mushrik does not apply to all of non-Muslims but some of them who really bring  a partner for Allah  or non-believers who do not worship Allah, of course  to enter the mosque without staying,   does not have the same ruling for to enter the mosques from one door and exit immediately from the other is not considered invalid,  you know this all rulings are signs of respect dedicated to Islam and Muslim places by Shariah, you see, making Haram and mosques Najis is haram and as soon as it gets najis it is an urgent Wajib( obligatory) to make it pure!

Another fact should be regarded here is that, nijasat as an obstacle here according to some of Ulamah is not the spiritual impurity but a physical impurity referred to it above, so if it's to be the case, even the people of the book unless they are clean of Nijasat like, blood, wines etc. cannot enter such places as well, yes it is true that one should not study and investigate whether they are pure by the time they want to enter or not!

• 9 years later...